Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,182 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Showing Compassion Towards Animals - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Showing Compassion Towards Animals (7286 Views)

Animals For Upcoming Eid Sacrifice / Eid: What You Need To Know About Udhiya (slaughtering Animals For Allah) / Types Of Showing Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Showing Compassion Towards Animals by AideeSheks(m): 9:17am On Oct 21, 2016
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمَـنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Asalam alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

In the world today, there is a growing number of advocates, organisations and associations calling for the protection of animal rights and exhibiting kindness towards them but little do we know that Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) had already preceeded these people over 1400 years ago. A review of his teachings show that his mercy was not only extended to humans alone, but also animals and inanimate things.
Once the companions of rasulullah asked him: "O messenger of Allah, is there a reward in (kindness to even) animals"
The prophet (PBUH) replied:
"In (serving) every living creature is reward" [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) emphasised on the importance of showing good treatment to animals in many authentic narrations. He once told his companions:
"A woman was punished on account of a cat. She confined it until it died and entered hellfire because of it. She neither fed it nor allowed it to search for its own food" [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
Another narration goes:
"While a man was walking he became very thirsty, so he descended into a well and drank from it. When he came out he found a dog panting and eating the soil due to thirst. He said, 'This creature is suffering what I suffered', so he went down again, filled his shoe and climbed up holding it in his mouth to give drink to the dog. Allah appreciated that from him and forgave his sins"
As Muslims, we have been prohibited from engaging in hunting or any other activity where animals are targeted for recreational purposes. The prophet (PBUH) explicitly warned against killing an animal without a valid reason. He said:
"No person kills a bird or anything larger without right but that Allah will ask him about it on the day of resurrection"
Someone asked:
"O messenger of Allah, what is its right?"
He replied:
"Its right is that one slaughters it to be eaten and not merely cut off its head and throw it away" [An-Nasa'i]
Another hadith goes:
"Do not take anything in which has a soul as a target"
Even in the process of slaughtering animals, we are enjoined to show kindness to the animal. One of such means of doing so is to sharpen the knife properly to ensure that the slaughtering is quick and precise so as not to prolong the suffering of the animal.
Insects and ants likewise, it is pertinent not to kill those that do not pose any harm to us. Let us all remember that there will be a day of reckoning and we would all love to be under the shade and mercy of Allah that day.
May Allah guide us, have mercy on us and may He forgive us of our shortcomings.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Showing Compassion Towards Animals by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 21, 2016
Jazakallahu Khiran

1 Like

Re: Showing Compassion Towards Animals by bash97: 11:22am On Oct 21, 2016
Contact17:
Jazakallahu Khiran

Jazakallahu khoiron
Re: Showing Compassion Towards Animals by hollamanng(m): 11:28am On Oct 21, 2016
This post is worth being repeated every Friday on the front page

2 Likes

Re: Showing Compassion Towards Animals by adejaresalami1(m): 11:31am On Oct 21, 2016
May Allah let us abide to this
Re: Showing Compassion Towards Animals by adejaresalami1(m): 11:31am On Oct 21, 2016
May Allah let us abide to this.
Re: Showing Compassion Towards Animals by AideeSheks(m): 11:37am On Oct 21, 2016
bash97:

Jazakallahu khoiron
Wa Antum fa Jazakumullahu khayran
Re: Showing Compassion Towards Animals by ronkeenuf(f): 12:15pm On Oct 21, 2016
Islam, a complete way of life.
Alhamdulilah!

2 Likes

Re: Showing Compassion Towards Animals by Young03(m): 12:41pm On Oct 21, 2016
praise thy Lord
I can now comment without questioning
inukwa?
Re: Showing Compassion Towards Animals by Aliy996: 3:03pm On Oct 21, 2016
jazaakallahu khayran
Re: Showing Compassion Towards Animals by hahn(m): 3:10pm On Oct 21, 2016
You guys should focus on showing unbelievers(humans) love first before you consider animals undecided

3 Likes

Re: Showing Compassion Towards Animals by Aliy996: 3:28pm On Oct 21, 2016
hahn:
You guys should focus on showing unbelievers(humans) love first before you consider animals undecided
read the post well before spiting rubbish from the mouth, the post enphasize on every living thing

2 Likes

Re: Showing Compassion Towards Animals by hahn(m): 3:31pm On Oct 21, 2016
Aliy996:

read the post well before spiting rubbish from the mouth, the post enphasize on every living thing

What about pages of the quran where allah commands for non believers to be executed? undecided

1 Like

Re: Showing Compassion Towards Animals by Aliy996: 3:56pm On Oct 21, 2016
hahn:

What about pages of the quran where allah commands for non believers to be executed? undecided
Do u knw your problem? you only want to argue blindly and my own time is to precious for that, any verse of the qur'an that mention execution as a penalty for an offence is the law of Allah, and you cant oppose it, so just go and learn about the laws of islaam and stop disturbing people here, and please give me a verse of the qur'an that commands unbelievers to be killed anyhow! I'm waiting

5 Likes

Re: Showing Compassion Towards Animals by hahn(m): 4:19pm On Oct 21, 2016
Aliy996:

Do u knw your problem? you only want to argue blindly and my own time is to precious for that, any verse of the qur'an that mention execution as a penalty for an offence is the law of Allah, and you cant oppose it, so just go and learn about the laws of islaam and stop disturbing people here, and please give me a verse of the qur'an that commands unbelievers to be killed anyhow! I'm waiting

Before I do that, is there a difference between believers being killed and then believers being killed anyhow?
Re: Showing Compassion Towards Animals by Aliy996: 4:23pm On Oct 21, 2016
hahn:

Before I do that, is there a difference between believers being killed and then believers being killed anyhow?
Go and learn english for that, let me help u, if a disbeliever kills a muslim, he will be killed and thats a reason (not anyhow) are u ok with that?

2 Likes

Re: Showing Compassion Towards Animals by Horo(m): 4:44pm On Oct 21, 2016
Amin ya Allah Jazakallahu khayran
Re: Showing Compassion Towards Animals by Holajaid(m): 5:29pm On Oct 21, 2016
salaam walaekum, pls I suggest our scholars should educate Muslims on this platform and beyond on Islamic view concerning MMM. Scholars have keep mute while Muslims with little knowledge have taken decision on MMM. All am saying is MMM HALAL or HARAM.

1 Like

Re: Showing Compassion Towards Animals by Aliy996: 7:21pm On Oct 21, 2016
Holajaid:
salaam walaekum, pls I suggest our scholars should educate Muslims on this platform and beyond on Islamic view concerning MMM. Scholars have keep mute while Muslims with little knowledge have taken decision on MMM. All am saying is MMM HALAL or HARAM.
Wa alaykum salaam, tho I'm not a scholar bt if u can explain the concept to me maybe i can help a bit, i just hear about it online
Re: Showing Compassion Towards Animals by AideeSheks(m): 7:23pm On Oct 21, 2016
Holajaid:
Wa alaykum salam warahmatullah. Check out these links. I believe the clarification you seek is there.

https://www.nairaland.com/3348696/islamic-ruling-mmm

https://www.nairaland.com/3243554/muslims-engagement-multi-level-marketing#47872046
Re: Showing Compassion Towards Animals by AideeSheks(m): 6:23pm On Oct 25, 2016
Another point recently crossed my mind that might be a bit related to this topic.
Wastage of food is something that is prohibited in Islam. Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) says: " Eat and drink but waste not by extravagance, certainly He (Allah) likes not Al-Musrifun (those who waste by extravagance " (Al-A'raf - 7:31).
It is saddening seeing how just nonchalantly peolple just dispose off food into the thrash can (it's even more unbearable when you see the aftermath of parties cry ). In situations where we have left over food, we should do either of these three;
- Save the food for the next time
- Give it out to the needy people around who can benefit from it
- Or take it out for the animals or birds around to eat
May Allah guide and forgive us

The link below provides a more detailed explanation of this
https://islamqa.info/en/138341

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Showing Compassion Towards Animals by EyeHateGod: 8:59pm On Oct 25, 2016
When you Guys Kill Ram During sallah, How is that showing compassion for them giving the fact that the animal is Being giving a slow death by allowing it to bleed to death
Re: Showing Compassion Towards Animals by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 31, 2016
EyeHateGod:
When you Guys Kill Ram During sallah, How is that showing compassion for them giving the fact that the animal is Being giving a slow death by allowing it to bleed to death

Haba! You can do better than this. Let me ask you kindly EyeHateGod are you a vegetarian. BE HONEST PLEASE.

(1) (Reply)

9 Benefits Of Reading The QURAN / You Want To End Corruption, Kidnapping, Banditry Etc? Let's Apply This Aayah / Praying Obligatory Salah Behind One Who Is Praying Nawaafil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.