Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ (34302 Views)

Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities / Jonathan Made Mistakes, But Buhari Is A Mistake – Reno Omokri / 'GEJ Made Mistakes But God Knows He Tried' - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2016
victorvezx:

Stop crying more than the bereaved, struggle for ur Biafra alone and leave them with their oil. E no concern una
Thank God i have found the madman that the north has been looking for. Chinedu bring my phone pls let me call yaba left before he starts biting people on nairaland. Before that go to backyard bring me bulldog chain let me tie him before he runs away from nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by dEastActivist: 1:55pm On Oct 21, 2016
lozanni:

Sorry, your article was confusing.
Resource control, should be granted to the states as this will naturally will lead to economic development and growth and avoid the neglect Oloibiri is experiencing today.
We need only look at the case of USA , where the oil producing regions, like Dallas, are the most highly developed in the country.
Bro I don't mean to sound confusing, but read through the thread.
Am not for or against resource control but tell your comrades to leave Igbo's and Igbos out of it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by kYjelly2: 1:57pm On Oct 21, 2016
kropotkin2:
Nation states don't just disintegrate peacefully. There is always bad blood after a breakup. Also there has never been a peaceful breakup of any nation state in Africa

I guess time would heal that bad blood long after independence is gotten.

1 Like

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Igboid: 2:08pm On Oct 21, 2016
macluvph1:

When i told my south eastern brother's to be watchful of this man they taught i was joking, now his real colour is coming out gradually and don't be surprise at the end of the day he has a yoruba blood in him just like ROTIMI Amaechi.

I hardly predict and it doesn't come to pass.

He never changed. He simply got new monikers to continue his Igbophobic ways. And he isn't any different from most Ijaw people.He is a full blooded Ijaw man.

4 Likes

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by ikechu1: 2:17pm On Oct 21, 2016
When that slowpoke Gowon brings back my granddad and dismantle all the crap he credited simply to give North advantage then I know for sure, he means his apology.

Until then, he can shove it as far up his ass as he can

5 Likes

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by ikechu1: 2:23pm On Oct 21, 2016
macluvph1:

When i told my south eastern brother's to be watchful of this man they taught i was joking, now his real colour is coming out gradually and don't be surprise at the end of the day he has a yoruba blood in him just like ROTIMI Amaechi.

I hardly predict and it doesn't come to pass.

I've always told them that. They never listen. I noticed SE Igbo NEVER listen..like the dude has several accounts using for anti igbo rhetoric, the account he has now he used to use it for anti igbo rhetoric. Hell the slowpoke blamed Asaba and other anioma for Asaba/anioma massacre. The animal even till this day is trying to rewrite ndoki history simply to thief their oil. He accuses Igbo of trying to strech our hands to SS despite the fact we f2king exist in SS. Yet the nigga has shamelessly try to steal land of other indigienous of SS. The f2king bastard deserved to be ignored by SE igbo but for some weird reason, they still listen to the dude.
I swear if tonyebarcainsta is exactly like how ijaws are, I can see very clearly why every group they reside next to, their is always a clash with them. They are disgusting if he's a representation of them. Honestly

8 Likes

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Igboid: 2:38pm On Oct 21, 2016
ikechu1:

I've always told them that. They never listen. I noticed SE Igbo NEVER listen..like the dude has several accounts using for anti igbo rhetoric, the account he has now he used to use it for anti igbo rhetoric. Hell the slowpoke blamed Asaba and other anioma for Asaba/anioma massacre. The animal even till this day is trying to rewrite ndoki history simply to thief their oil. He accuses Igbo of trying to strech our hands to SS despite the fact we f2king exist in SS. Yet the nigga has shamelessly try to steal land of other indigienous of SS. The f2king bastard deserved to be ignored by SE igbo but for some weird reason, they still listen to the dude.
I swear if tonyebarcainsta is exactly like how ijaws are, I can see very clearly why every group they reside next to, their is always a clash with them. They are disgusting if he's a representation of them. Honestly

Tonye is exactly how 99.9% of Ijaws are.

I always found it astonishing that no Ijaw here ever cautions him or try to counter him. I began sensing that he has their tacit support. Just that most of them will not put themselves on the frontline like he does. Most of them are cowards.

I took it upon me to know better. So I infiltrated all Ijaw facebook pages, to get a feel Of the people sentiments. And what I found shocked me. Barcanister is an angel. You just have to visit these Ijaws facebook pages. The Igbophobia there will startle the devil himself.

This is why I had since started to question IPOB and their methods. I doubt they have any form of grasp Of what they are doing, no intelligence gathering whatsoever, just noise, noise noise. How exactly can they explain the very idea of their delusions of sharing same ideology with these people? Something is wrong somewhere. The mainstream Ijaw is Igbophobic.

We have nothing in common with these people. These people hate us more than they hate the North/Yorubas, they don't actually hate the North/Yorubas, they just want to be treated better by them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 2:59pm On Oct 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Dear Gowon, we the Good people of Ijaw nation and the entire South South people accept your apology. However, we pray that you use your equity to see to correction of these mistakes by successive administrations including GEJ's.

I know that some disgruntled IPOBIANS without any stake to Ijawland or any part of South South will wail as usual to cry more than the bereaved for their own selfish and sinister move (which is DEAD ON ARRIVAL.)

Wail on.. grin
You are not a Niger deltan....

2 Likes

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by RickyTan: 3:02pm On Oct 21, 2016
dEastActivist:

Who are you people?
Are you trying to be foolish or you're already one...?
And how dare you refer Igbos as minority? Something dey work your brain?
And how can an Igbo deny being Igbo tell me where it is done except in your fictional brain?
For your information Igbo's are not only indigenous in SS but also in the middlebelt.
Now deal with it. Chief Igbohater

Bros - no mind these haters here.
They are mostly Yoloba and they love fooling themselves

2 Likes

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 3:04pm On Oct 21, 2016
chizzy8:
for ur mind !!!...lol tongue

guy .. he said niger delta ... .. Igbo is not part of niger delta

go ask ur parents wat those ppl suffered in the hands of the igbos
they will neva b part of us
if u must knw - they don't like been associated wit the igbos - scares of wat happen'd before /during the war
in some specific across the delta - its a taboo to marry an Igbo , or gv out ur daughter to an Igbo
the much acclaimed rivers state - u think we have
go ask ppl around the omoku areas - close to imo state
they wld rather sell their land to an Hausa man or any tribe round the world or even to an animal than to us - the igbos
so pls b guided
yes we want our country, but not the coastal areas ( niger delta )

...I think we been together - will make us great as a country

Let me ask you how is omoku,? Without Igbos you are nothing.. in short when you check globally Igbos are known what of you Who wants you?? That giving your daugther to an Igbo is an abomination? l laugh at you... who will marry an untrainned indecent gal...tahhhh geeerrarrra out ttttata here.

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Progressive01(m): 3:10pm On Oct 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Igbo isn't IPOB. Igbo is an ethnic group, IPOB is a useless group, filled with hate, anger and bitterness.

I love Igbo nation but as for IPOBians, I say WAIL ON grin
E be like body dey sweet you today.. cheesy
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Earth2Metahuman: 3:17pm On Oct 21, 2016
macluvph1:

Yes am a proud south southerner and believe in IPOB policies which is freedom for we minorities. you can go and hang yourself now.
lmao..

Yeah right ...south southerners from an enclave in alaibo cheesy

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Earth2Metahuman: 3:18pm On Oct 21, 2016
[s]
dEastActivist:

Who are you people?
Are you trying to be foolish or you're already one...?
And how dare you refer Igbos as minority? Something dey work your brain?
And how can an Igbo deny being Igbo tell me where it is done except in your fictional brain?
For your information Igbo's are not only indigenous in SS but also in the middlebelt.
Now deal with it. Chief Igbohater
[/s]I love frustration..

Google oliseh cheesy
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Hash86(m): 3:43pm On Oct 21, 2016
[quote author=dEastActivist post=50385030][i][b]I love how they invited him...

I believe his past is taunting him as I write.

I don't believe his past is taunting him in anyway at all, in fact he is just enjoying his fast peacefully now. I can asure you he is only apologising from his mouth but deep inside his heart he has no regrets at all
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by adonis89(m): 3:45pm On Oct 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Dear Gowon, we the Good people of Ijaw nation and the entire South South people accept your apology. However, we pray that you use your equity to see to correction of these mistakes by successive administrations including GEJ's.

I know that some disgruntled IPOBIANS without any stake to Ijawland or any part of South South will wail as usual to cry more than the bereaved for their own selfish and sinister move (which is DEAD ON ARRIVAL.) Speak for urself mr man and stop using WE. M a Biafran from d Ijaw extraction. Oloibiri to b precise

Wail on.. grin
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by faghoshe(m): 4:02pm On Oct 21, 2016
forgive you and all the ex-presidents after all this years of neglecting the creeks of delta well what about the dead will they forgive you too ??
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by dEastActivist: 4:10pm On Oct 21, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
[s][/s]I love frustration..

Google oliseh cheesy

That one nah Igbo?
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by 9japride(m): 4:33pm On Oct 21, 2016
Igboid:

I always found it astonishing that no Ijaw here ever cautions him or try to counter him. I began sensing that he has their tacit support. Just that most of them will not put themselves on the frontline like he does. Most of them are cowards.

I took it upon me to know better. So I infiltrated all Ijaw facebook pages, to get a feel Of the people sentiments. And what I found shocked me. Barcanister is an angel. You just have to visit these Ijaws facebook pages. The Igbophobia there will startle the devil himself.

This is why I had since started to question IPOB and their methods. I doubt they have any form of grasp Of what they are doing, no intelligence gathering whatsoever, just noise, noise noise. How exactly can they explain the very idea of their delusions of sharing same ideology with these people? Something is wrong somewhere. The mainstream Ijaw is Igbophobic.

We have nothing in common with these people. These people hate us more than they hate the North/Yorubas, they don't actually hate the North/Yorubas, they just want to be treated better by them.

[color=#006600][/color]

The truth is that majority of Ijaws don't like Igbos especially the elderly ones. Maybe things have change for the youth. It's always good to know ur true friends while dealing with people. But I hv love for them since we are all southern Nigerians
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Hakeem3(m): 4:39pm On Oct 21, 2016
glassjar1:
IT IS TOO LATE .

WE WANT OUR OWN COUNTRY .

gray hair is your potion
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Afriifa(m): 5:14pm On Oct 21, 2016
glassjar1:
IT IS TOO LATE .

Gbam. We want a Niger Delta where Fetus kayamo would be Athorney General of d federation. Apkbio as senate president. Donald duke as speaker, goodluck as President. Nelso wike as vice president. N plenty of d rest tribes as ministers n Dgs
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by macluvph1(m): 5:19pm On Oct 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

I know man, IPOBians Are filled with innate hatred, bitterness and sadness. You are a real ambassador of IPOB.

PS: I never asked you to like me cheesy

I remember vividly when i condemned and called out on you in one of your comment in Nairaland you started lamenting like fowl suffering from diarrhea by telling me how close you are with IPOB members in Aba and bla bla bla and other things.

I tell you i hardly predict for it not to come to pass.

One day the same two face you act on will destroy you.

3 Likes

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by macluvph1(m): 5:22pm On Oct 21, 2016
luminouz:

Pele o.....prophet!

Don't pity me Mr man,pity for yourself.

Am not moved by anything because at the end justice will prevail,light will overshadow darkness and freedom will be for those who believe in it.
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Igboid: 5:25pm On Oct 21, 2016
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

The truth is that majority of Ijaws don't like Igbos especially the elderly ones. Maybe things have change for the youth. It's always good to know ur true friends while dealing with people. But I hv love for them since we are all southern Nigerians

Tonye is not an old man. Neither Are thousands of Ijaw youths I interacted with on those facebook pages.
Yet they are all rabidly Igbophobic.

The Ijaw nationalism is built around Adaka Boro. And since Boro died an Igbophobic man, his followers are inherently Igbophobic.

I found out that they all blame Ndiigbo for Boro death, holding unto the Nigerian story that Boro was killed by retreating Biafran soldiers and not by Gowon's men.

Despite having the hindsight of the circumstances surrounding the death of Saro Wiwa at the hands of Gowon's proteges, holding unto the angle of Boro being killed by Ndiigbo pleads more to their Igbophobic nature and fuels their nationalism better, than accepting the truth.

All the ills done to their land by Gowon and his proteges are all easily explained away,and deflected to the Igboman who is believed to be after their crude oil and hell bent on taking their non existing lands.

Just as it's impossible to separate a physical being from his spirit and still keep him alive in the physical plane, so it's impossible to separate Igbophobia from Ijaw nationalists, without causing their death.

It's an impasse that can't be overcomed, which means that we can't have a viable alliance with those bitter beings. It's as simple as that.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by macluvph1(m): 5:27pm On Oct 21, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
lmao..

Yeah right ...south southerners from an enclave in alaibo cheesy

Pity for yourself because it's still a nightmare to you that an Ikwerre man will believe in the teachings of IPOB.

Come to Rumuokoro and Rumuokuta and see how devoted some of my people are to the activities of IPOB.

Like i said keep on deceiving yourself until the d-day.

Am strongly behind the ibo's cos what i am today it's an ibo man that contributed to the 95 percent of it so why can't i believe in what he told me is the light and actually i realized its truly the light.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Orikinla(m): 5:39pm On Oct 21, 2016
glassjar1:
IT IS TOO LATE .

Which country when your incompetent state governors have turned your states into mere local government areas?
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by luminouz(m): 5:43pm On Oct 21, 2016
macluvph1:

Don't pity me Mr man,pity for yourself.

Am not moved by anything because at the end justice will prevail,light will overshadow darkness and freedom will be for those who believe in it.
Who said anything about pity? U still sound like a prophet though!
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by Earth2Metahuman: 6:00pm On Oct 21, 2016
[s]
macluvph1:

Pity for yourself because it's still a nightmare to you that an Ikwerre man will believe in the teachings of IPOB.

Come to Rumuokoro and Rumuokuta and see how devoted some of my people are to the activities of IPOB.

Like i said keep on deceiving yourself until the d-day.

Am strongly behind the ibo's cos what i am today it's an ibo man that contributed to the 95 percent of it so why can't i believe in what he told me is the light and actually i realized its truly the light.
[/s]ikwere man from abia

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by dEastActivist: 6:05pm On Oct 21, 2016
ikechu1:
When that slowpoke Gowon brings back my granddad and dismantle all the crap he credited simply to give North advantage then I know for sure, he means his apology.

Until then, he can shove it as far up his ass as he can

Sorry for the loss bro.
Is people that don't feel the pain will jump in to congratulate him , instead of asking him to right the wrongs.

1 Like

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by ikechu1: 6:17pm On Oct 21, 2016
dEastActivist:

Sorry for the loss bro.
Is people that don't feel the pain will jump in to congratulate him , instead of asking him to right the wrongs.

Thank you for the empathy

1 Like

Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by ikechu1: 6:22pm On Oct 21, 2016
Igboid:

The ijaws are predominately hateful people I noticed. Like I always said, for a group to literally physically fight every ethnic group they reside next to, then something must be wrong. The fact that Ikwerre asked for help to push them out of Rivers to bayelsa spoke volume to me but hey, I was not born then and luckily, my lands are not anywhere close to them so Idk their true behavior. I grew up hearing negative opinions about them but I'm not one to judge others. But if what you say is accurate and he is truly the representation of their behavior, then I'm truly not shocked. I guess everything I heard about them is in fact the truth. Such a shame. Now I find it extremely disgusting that Igbo parents allow their children to marry those people. Wtf is wrong with Igbo parents..like really?
Re: Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ by ikechu1: 6:25pm On Oct 21, 2016
macluvph1:

I remember vividly when i condemned and called out on you in one of your comment in Nairaland you started lamenting like fowl suffering from diarrhea by telling me how close you are with IPOB members in Aba and bla bla bla and other things.

I tell you i hardly predict for it not to come to pass.

One day the same two face you act on will destroy you.

When he kept romancing Ipob as well as screaming about the other division group that iteskiri guy started...I kept letting them know how two face that Nigga is. They didn't listen. A chameleon would always be a Chameloeon....it never changes it ways

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari's New ADC, Dodo Resumes Duties (Photo) / President Buhari Wears Isiagu (Igbo Attire) In Ebonyi / Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.