Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,276 members, 7,839,379 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Widows Protest In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Widows Protest In Anambra (747 Views)

Ike Ekweremadu Eats With Widows As His Wife Gives Them Money,Rice & Wrappers / Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship / Onitsha Women Traders, Mostly Widows Protest Relocation From Where They Are Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Widows Protest In Anambra by Adaifunanya: 2:30pm On Oct 21, 2016
Women in Anambra, South-eastern part of Nigeria yesterday, 16th of August, 2016 came out en masse to protest against the government of People’s Democratic Party chieftain, Willie Obiano.

All seem not to be actually well in the acclaimed ‘Paradise state’ – Anambra as a mammoth crowd of women and widows stormed the popular commercial area of Onitsha to protest against the extreme hardship faced in the state as a result of the governance of Governor Willie Obiano.
According to reports, the people have been pushed to the wall by the hardship of double taxation which has closed down businesses and made the people despondent since the emergence of Obiano.

A social media user who took picture of some of the bitterly protesting women said:
“More than 10,000 poor women, which includes widows have taken over Onitsha in a protest over the plight of the poor in the hands of Obiano govt.

“These women are protesting the severe hardship they are going through since Obiano came into power which saw their businesses closed through over taxation, double taxation, as well as the activities of Obiano revenue task force who clamp down on these poor women, beat them, assault them, seize their wares and in some cases destroy their shops”

“Right now, APGA Interactive Forum at Onitsha said, these protesters are right now at Okpoko Junction moving towards Upper Iweka” another resident reiterated.

http://aderonkebamidele.com/widows-protest-obiano-onitsha-severe-hardship-photos/
Re: Widows Protest In Anambra by Adaifunanya: 2:31pm On Oct 21, 2016
This man obiano has finished my people. All because of his taste for gold. Chai. Chukwu bua nyelu anyi aka ooo. Ooo chukwu nkem.

2 Likes

Re: Widows Protest In Anambra by nonsobaba: 2:35pm On Oct 21, 2016
Old news na. Come up with more recent propaganda, ewu.
Re: Widows Protest In Anambra by Adaifunanya: 2:42pm On Oct 21, 2016
Old how? Barely a few months old. And its ne ee propaganda but reality. Everybody na ata afufu because of misrule of obiano. If someone from anambra, ñujuru mmiri ara afo will praise a mediocre like obiano. Them we hv lost it as a people. As if we r cursed, i swear.

1 Like

Re: Widows Protest In Anambra by FoRgEteD: 2:46pm On Oct 21, 2016
All these new monikers with clownish characters keep popping up. If not against Obi, its against Obiano.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Widows Protest In Anambra by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:08pm On Oct 21, 2016
cool
Re: Widows Protest In Anambra by Kingsley10000: 3:11pm On Oct 21, 2016
I've always known Obiano to be a smart fraudster, a cataclysmic failure and an upgraded conman. Been saying it here on Nairaland that this man's online image makers are nothing but mischief makers but some people feel comfortable taking in all that much fraud. I'm an Anambrarian and I travel often, can't see any reasonable thing on ground and I can recall likening the useless Obiano to Tinubu, due to his act of using useless touts to exploit traders. It serves my people right, next time we don't vote based on sentiments because we had an angel in Ngige but choose to vote for a demon + deep blue sea in Obiano..

1 Like

Re: Widows Protest In Anambra by Kingsley10000: 3:12pm On Oct 21, 2016
It's only people that live far away that gets deceived by Obiano's online image makers. The infrastructural decay in Anambra is alarming yet all those dumb image makers knows how to do is post pics of some Awka flyover. Is that flyover (a project he didn't even initiate) the only thing Obiano wants to build for Anambra people all through his useless tenure? Can you believe that even with the so much touted security improvements in Anambra, people loose their properties regularly? My uncle, whom is one of the governor's numerous special advisers, once lost his car when he went for a government function in the state. Can you believe that he didn't make it public as he was afraid that it will cause him his appointment? So it's safe to say that if you are within the government, you must praise the Governor whether he's working or not. Ngige and Obi didn't need to wear some useless clothing with inscriptions like "Ngige is working" or "Peter Obi is working" but we all saw their works, unlike the present useless conman.

1 Like

Re: Widows Protest In Anambra by Kingsley10000: 3:12pm On Oct 21, 2016
It's only people that live far away that gets deceived by Obiano's online image makers. The infrastructural decay in Anambra is alarming yet all those dumb image makers knows how to do is post pics of some Awka flyover. Is that flyover (a project he didn't even initiate) the only thing Obiano wants to build for Anambra people all through his useless tenure? Can you believe that even with the so much touted security improvements in Anambra, people loose their properties regularly? My uncle, whom is one of the governor's numerous special advisers, once lost his car when he went for a government function in the state. Can you believe that he didn't make it public as he was afraid that it will cause him his appointment? So it's safe to say that if you are within the government, you must praise the Governor whether he's working or not. Ngige and Obi didn't need to wear some useless clothing with inscriptions like "Ngige is working" or "Peter Obi is working" but we all saw their works, unlike the present useless conman.
Re: Widows Protest In Anambra by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:12pm On Oct 21, 2016
Adaifunanya:
Old how? Barely a few months old. And its ne ee propaganda but reality. Everybody na ata afufu because of misrule of obiano. If someone from anambra, ñujuru mmiri ara afo will praise a mediocre like obiano. Them we hv lost it as a people. As if we r cursed, i swear.
Ndi Ofe has taken it up themselves to campaign against Obiano he's outshining their Lazy governors grin grin grin I understand, go to Google to learn more, I can sense your frustrations, instead of you guys to focus on the rots going on in your region, Anambra is now your headache.

1 Like

Re: Widows Protest In Anambra by nonsobaba: 3:16pm On Oct 21, 2016
Adaifunanya:
You are the one who is cursed, ewu. Anambra has become national reference point for good governance under Obiano. Even Ben Bruce of PDP admitted it. Peter Obi and his goons like you will not admit it because Obiano has refused to pay him the 7 billion naira settlement that Peter Obi is requesting, despite the fact that Peter Obi made so much money by using the head of his only son, Eloka, who is now an iberibe, for money rituals in 2001 and also from stealing so much billions when he was governor for 8 years.
Re: Widows Protest In Anambra by AmarachiNnoli: 3:24pm On Oct 21, 2016
Anambra people you welcome to TA orji style of governance. Where everybody must wear cloth written ochendo or willie. Give the man more years to ruin una state completely as ochendo ruined ours. My own is to laugh and laugh and laugh at those painting a failure as succeeding. Umu ohuhu mma mma nu ooo.

1 Like

Re: Widows Protest In Anambra by nonsobaba: 3:27pm On Oct 21, 2016
Anambra has become national reference point for good governance under Obiano. Even Ben Bruce of PDP admitted it. Peter Obi and his goons like you will not admit it because Obiano has refused to pay him the 7 billion naira settlement that Peter Obi is requesting, despite the fact that Peter Obi made so much money by using the head of his only son, Eloka, who is now an iberibe, for money rituals in 2001 and also from stealing so much billions when he was governor for 8 years.
Re: Widows Protest In Anambra by AmarachiNnoli: 3:32pm On Oct 21, 2016
nonsobaba:
Anambra has become national reference
point for good governance under Obiano.
Even Ben Bruce of PDP admitted it. Peter
Obi and his goons like you will not admit it
because Obiano has refused to pay him
the 7 billion naira settlement that Peter Obi
is requesting, despite the fact that Peter
Obi made so much money by using the
head of his only son, Eloka, who is now an
iberibe, for money rituals in 2001 and also
from stealing so much billions when he
was governor for 8 years.

Keep praising him. They praised TA Orji even more.
Re: Widows Protest In Anambra by nonsobaba: 3:36pm On Oct 21, 2016
AmarachiNnoli:

Keep praising him. They praised TA Orji even more.
Taa gbafuo! How can you compare a working governor like Obiano to T.A. Orji who was bound by the oaths Orji Uzor Kalu made him to take at Okija shrine?

(1) (Reply)

How Can Someone With Msc In French Literature Be Agric Minister?’ – Reno Omokri / PHOTOS: President Buhari Prays With Gbajabiamila At Aso Rock Mosque / Do 2016: Pdp's National Secretary Wale Oladipo Writes A'court President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.