Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,782 members, 7,831,523 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Salvation Is Not By Works - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Salvation Is Not By Works (480 Views)

Salvation Is Free / Does Matthew 25:31-46 Teach Salvation By Works? / Saved By Grace But Preserved By Works. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salvation Is Not By Works by kobobay(m): 3:07pm On Oct 21, 2016
Titus 3:5 “Not by works of righteousness which we have done but according to his mercy he saved us.”

Notice what the Bible says, “Not by works of righteousness which WE have done.” Did you know that despite what others may say, teach, or believe it is impossible to earn your way to heaven?

Isaiah 64:6 “But we are all as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses [are] as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.” Notice again that all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags. That means every good thing we have ever done to earn salvation is worthless. Have you ever tried to clean something like a mirror or a window with a dirty rag? What happens? You just smear the dirt around or get the dirt from the rag on what you are trying to clean. It just does not work.

Read More

http://www.ifbchurchesafrica.com/?p=611
Re: Salvation Is Not By Works by promise101: 3:24pm On Oct 21, 2016
Good one bro!
Not by our works of righteousness but by his grace shown at the cross.

1 Like

Re: Salvation Is Not By Works by promise101: 3:29pm On Oct 21, 2016
Good one bro!
Not by our works of righteousness but by his grace shown at the cross.
Re: Salvation Is Not By Works by shadeyinka(m): 5:22pm On Oct 21, 2016
kobobay:
Titus 3:5 “Not by works of righteousness which we have done but according to his mercy he saved us.”

Notice what the Bible says, “Not by works of righteousness which WE have done.” Did you know that despite what others may say, teach, or believe it is impossible to earn your way to heaven?

Isaiah 64:6 “But we are all as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses [are] as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.” Notice again that all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags. That means every good thing we have ever done to earn salvation is worthless. Have you ever tried to clean something like a mirror or a window with a dirty rag? What happens? You just smear the dirt around or get the dirt from the rag on what you are trying to clean. It just does not work.

Read More

Yes o!

Eph2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Grace is an undeserved favour granted to us just because we asked for redemption from Him who can wash us clean from all our unrighteousness.

In heaven, non of us will be able to boast in what we did to earn our salvation.

None would be able to say: I prayed, I witnessed, I lived perfectly, I gave my tithes and offering, I preached all about, I fasted etc. None of us would be able to boast about anything.

Unfortunately, the average christian still want to add somethings to assure/guarantee his salvation.

His sacrifice on the cross is TOO COSTLY to need augmentation with works!

1 Like

Re: Salvation Is Not By Works by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 21, 2016
kobobay:

Read More

The bolded sealed it for me. How can you clean that which is already clean (righteous) with filth?. Righteousness is imputed and not earned via works. Its by Grace and not works lest any should boast. Good one bro.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Friedrich Nietzsche? / Churches Now Build Mobile Apps For Members To Pay Tithes And Offerings Even Fast / A Consecrated Host Has Been Found Bleeding In Utah Diocese

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.