Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Healthcare Debate - A Waste Of Time And Money! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Healthcare Debate - A Waste Of Time And Money! (631 Views)

Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 / Time And CNN Suspend Fareed Zakaria For Plagiarism / Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Healthcare Debate - A Waste Of Time And Money! by NegroNtns(m): 6:55pm On Oct 23, 2009
I will keep this as simple as possible!

If you take the American lifestyle and living habits and you super-impose it in the European social climate or the Canadian society, you will end up with exactly all the problems and agonies of health care that Americans are upset about.

What needs to be reviewed and debated is the American conscience, the living habits and lifestyle. . . and not the healthcare.

I don't know if anyone living in America has noticed that the urban population is far worse off than the rural population in terms of disease, sickness, syndromes, conditions. . .physical and mental combined! For the most part, the rural population has less visits to the doctor, consumes less prescription medicine, suffers less defficiency in food nutrition and therefore has less need for supplements, endures higher physical demands on the body which translates to more mechanical motbility for the physical anatomy and thereby less time and money wasted on mechanical substitutes such as exercise regimen at health clubs. You know the list goes on. . . . so the American healthcare problem is a unique one specific to the country and more so to its urban dwellers. Change the conscience of that demographics and it could help the healthcare cause.
Re: Healthcare Debate - A Waste Of Time And Money! by preselect(m): 7:36pm On Oct 23, 2009
what u did not add is that the poorest of the poor live in the inner cities (urban areas) while the richest of the rich live in the sub-urban areas. dont know much about the ''rural'' america. i guess u mean the ''small town'' america that palin calls the real america?

anyway, somehow i agree with u, so far the healthcare debate has been a waste of time and money. as far as i'm concerned, having healthcare coverage for all its citizens in the richest nation on earth should never be a debate. that it is being debated is unbelievable. that people are against it is unimaginable. and that democrats are more interested in bipartisanship rather than what they believe is pathetic & shameful.

so, so far, the debate is a waste of time and resources. if i were to have my way, put this stuff into vote and use 5I votes to get it done, and change topic. period
Re: Healthcare Debate - A Waste Of Time And Money! by POSAKOSA1(m): 8:21pm On Oct 23, 2009
Instead of healthcare reform, the focus should be on medicaid reform. little by little does the big trick

(1) (Reply)

Bloomberg Favored To Win 3rd Term As Nyc Mayor / George Bush And His Ally-Bin Ladem / $30b-the Cost Of 30, 000 Additional Troops In The Afghanistan War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.