Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,664 members, 7,809,512 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 (23310 Views)

Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread / Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 / Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Nobody: 3:51am On Oct 22, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tecohezcA78

President Obama and Republican challenger, Mitt Romney will for the third and final time slug it out in the
US Presidential debate organized under the auspices of the Commission On Presidential Debates.

This debate will focus solely on foreign policy; an area thought to be Mr Obama's forte, by virtue of being Commander-In-Chief of the US military. However, with the recent attack on the US consulate in Libya which claimed the lives of 4 Americans, Romney might have another opportunity to nail Obama.

The conflict in Syria, Iran's nuclear ambitions the war in Afghanistan and countless other military operations may be topics that will be raised.

CBS's Bob Scheiffer will moderate the debate.
Venue: Lynn University, Boca Raton, Florida.
It starts at 9pm US Eastern time/6pm US Pacific time on October 22. In Nigeria, it will be on October 23 at 2am. Who will come out on top? Stay tuned.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 12:38pm On Oct 22, 2012
Let's wait and see what both of them have to offer as it pertains to US foreign policy.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by floriana(m): 12:40pm On Oct 22, 2012
Mitt Romney's son should not be allowed into the venue of the debate. He has threatened to box Mr Obama and may make an attempt tomorrow if Obama hectors his father like the last time. Secret service, do your job.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by airmark(m): 12:44pm On Oct 22, 2012
I hope Obama would not contact Romnesia.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by semid4lyfe(m): 12:45pm On Oct 22, 2012
I hate to say this but it seems Obama will be a one-term President undecided

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by BrutusOj(m): 12:49pm On Oct 22, 2012
semid4lyfe: I hate to say this but it seems Obama will be a one-term President undecided
true talk!!!
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by HAH: 1:07pm On Oct 22, 2012
semid4lyfe: I hate to say this but it seems Obama will be a one-term President undecided
the truth is obama has nothing to offer so far he has been tried though the two of them may be same
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 22, 2012
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by mkmyers45(m): 1:13pm On Oct 22, 2012

All Obama has to do is show Americans that Bush is better than the best Romney has to offer...that will do the trick

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by semid4lyfe(m): 1:17pm On Oct 22, 2012
HAH: the truth is obama has nothing to offer so far he has been tried though the two of them may be same

mkmyers45:
All Obama has to do is show Americans that Bush is better than the best Romney has to offer...that will do the trick

I would have thought Romney's "binder full of women" gaffe that when viral would have turned off women but he's even polling better amongst them post-the 2nd debate.

Romney has also shot to the lead in the National polls although most permutations still have Obama winning more Electoral College votes (as at today)

American Elections can be so confusing I swear.

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by mkmyers45(m): 1:22pm On Oct 22, 2012
semid4lyfe:

I would have thought Romney's "binder full of women" gaffe that when viral would have turned off women but he's even polling better amongst them post-the 2nd debate.

Romney has also shot to the lead in the National polls although most permutations still have Obama winning more Electoral College votes (as at today)

Indeed.....Remember that the last election's scenario was also very similar so its still possible for Obama to get a landlside
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Burger01(m): 1:27pm On Oct 22, 2012
Go Obama...
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Arkti3(m): 1:30pm On Oct 22, 2012

It's a BIG LIE, OBAMA must WIN[b][/b] wether you like it or not!!!
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by semid4lyfe(m): 1:56pm On Oct 22, 2012
mkmyers45:

Indeed.....Remember that the last election's scenario was also very similar so its still possible for Obama to get a landlside

You mean Obama vs McCain? Mba o. . .that was not similar to this at all.

If Obama wins by a landslide, [size=2pt]I'll resign as a NL moderator. You can go ahead and quote this for posterity grin[/size]

I foresee a very close election, something akin to Bush vs Gore in 2000 with Romney winning the popular vote for sure and "maybe" Obama shading it in the Electoral College.

This election has got me pretty worried. I wasn't even this worried when I was contesting for Sports Sec. back in school

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by mamagee3(f): 2:00pm On Oct 22, 2012
Obama is leading in early voting

I think Obama will win today's debate and win the election by a landslide
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by mrjangola(m): 2:04pm On Oct 22, 2012
Yeye nigerians wetin, concern una w obama vs romney, how does dat affect d price of garium sulphate. Or make fuel available in kaduna. Aproko nairalanders. grin

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Trut(m): 2:08pm On Oct 22, 2012
IF OBAMA LOSE THE COMING ELECTION, I WILL BE THE HAPPIEST PERSON. SINCE OBAMA BECAME THE PRESIDENT OF USA, ILLUMINATI, IMMORALITY, EVIL ETC BECOME TRADITION IN THE USA AND SOME OTHER COUNTRIES.

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by nitlad: 2:34pm On Oct 22, 2012
Romney is a foreign policy disaster... His error-strewn European Tour comes to mind... Sucker doesn't even know Ed Miliband (Leader of the Opposition in the U.K.) by name. Obama would make mince-meat of him this time around.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by roymary: 2:44pm On Oct 22, 2012
Obama's loss will break my heart o! Just can't stand Romney's deceits and urge for presidency. If you ask me, Obama has not done badly in 4 years. Americans are just the dumbest set of humans that i know. Bunch of Bandwagoners.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 22, 2012
@ Semid4lyfe: The national polls aren't too important at this stage. It's only the polls in the 10 or so swing states that matter. So far the 2 candidates are virtually tied in those swing states.
The 2000 election scenario could happen again.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by occam(m): 3:02pm On Oct 22, 2012

2 weeks ago, I also thought Romney was heading for victory; not anymore.

I think Romney may win the popular vote but not electoral college. Obama just needs these states Ohio, Wisconsin, Nevada or Iowa and its game over. Right now, according to polls, Obama has a solid or slim lead in these states.

Unseating an incumbent is never an easy task. Obama under performed in his first term, but I'll still give him a C+. This seems to be the overwhelming sentiment: better the devil I know than the angel I don't know
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 22, 2012
This their debate no dey finish..
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by olagamalin(m): 3:22pm On Oct 22, 2012
Trut: IF OBAMA LOSE THE COMING ELECTION, I WILL BE THE HAPPIEST PERSON. SINCE OBAMA BECAME THE PRESIDENT OF USA, ILLUMINATI, IMMORALITY, EVIL ETC BECOME TRADITION IN THE USA AND SOME OTHER COUNTRIES.
. Seriously, can a view get more childish nd dim-witted than this?

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by nitlad: 3:31pm On Oct 22, 2012
semid4lyfe:

You mean Obama vs McCain? Mba o. . .that was not similar to this at all.

If Obama wins by a landslide, [size=2pt]I'll resign as a NL moderator. You can go ahead and quote this for posterity grin[/size]

I foresee a very close election, something akin to Bush vs Gore in 2000 with Romney winning the popular vote for sure and "maybe" Obama shading it in the Electoral College.

This election has got me pretty worried. I wasn't even this worried when I was contesting for Sports Sec. back in school
The 2000 Election was a very controversial election, the kind of which is unprecedented in modern U.S. history.
Although the election this year would also be a very close one, I'm absolutely certain Obama would nick it. I'm picking Ohio 2012 to be the Florida of 2000, without controversies of course.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Baraac(f): 3:37pm On Oct 22, 2012
if Obama has nothing to offer for the next 4 year believe me that Rommey will be worse off even after the first year. Out of the two devils......we know obama and we don't know rommey.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 22, 2012
semid4lyfe:

some polls i saw today put obama ahead, that of wall street journal nd rasmussen reports put him at about 49% to romney's 47%...close i guess...bt he's still ahead albeit narrowly in d battleground states like ohio nd florida...that could push him to 270 electoral college votes...i think all he needs is a good showing today and he would win...although a very close one...i consider Romney a better candidate sha nd i think he'll take d popular vote with obama just nicking d electoral college...bush al-gore situation...bt stil a while b4 nov 6...in d US...anything can change...who'ld av thought romney would b ahead when he was trailing far behind in september
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by nifemi01(m): 4:57pm On Oct 22, 2012
mkmyers45:

There is no way this election will be a landslide, its gonna be pretty close.
I personally favour obama to win but i don't see getting more than 285 electoral votes even if he does win.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by kings33(m): 5:55pm On Oct 22, 2012
I hate to say this, but it seems Obama might win a second term .
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 22, 2012
I also hope that the indiscriminate use of drones by the Obama administration would be brought up.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by nitlad: 7:06pm On Oct 22, 2012
CFCfan: I also hope that the indiscriminate use of drones by the Obama administration would be brought up.
Brought up? Romney has no moral high ground on that please. He is a war monger himself.
And if he even brings it up, which I'm certain he wouldn't, it can be easily argued that these drone attacks have to an extent succeeded in decapacitating al-Qaeda, Taliban, The Haqqani Network and their affiliates.
I think Romney's strongest point would be the Benghazi Embassy incedent and its subsequent handling by the Obama Administration. He didnt press this hard enough the other time, he would do well to press harder this time around. If he does that, Obama would be hard pressed. It really is a dodgy topic.
On the plus side for Obama, he has Osama's death to trumpet!
It would be interesting to know how Romney plans to deal with China and Russia though.

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by daylae(m): 7:26pm On Oct 22, 2012
Though the economy comes first with the electorates,which the two candidates have not done enough in convincing they have the magic to. The foriegn policy issues should be a bonus for obama in this debate. . . Forget the syria crisis,china's ego,north korea's threats,and benghazi attack,situations like these have always been there,romney won't be able to nail obama in a coffin with these. Unless obama is yet 'too polite' this time again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Nelson Mandela Day: Obama Gives Life Changing Speech On Annual Lecture / Yoweri Museveni: Life Cannot Stop Because We Banned Facebook / South Africa's Military Ends Hijab Ban For Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.