Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away (4419 Views)

Gani Adams On Fulani Herdsmen Killings: "What Yorubas Will Do" / A Bigger Gani Fawehinmi's Statue Erected At Ojota (Photo) / Opinion - Lawmaker's Constituency Allowance, Of What Benefit To The Masses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by Orikinla(m): 4:26pm On Oct 21, 2016
[b]Nobody is Fighting for the Masses Since Fela and Gani Passed Away[b]

Nobody is fighting for the welfare of Nigerian masses since their human rights champions and heroes Fela Kuti, (15 October 1938 – 2 August 1997) the legendary King of Afrobeat music and Gani Fawehinmi,, (22 April 1938 – 5 September 2009), Senior Advocate of the Masses passed away.
Their survivors and successors have failed to speak out against the violations of the rights of the suffering poor masses who live at the mercy of the greedy and wicked oppressors in the corridors of power from Lagos to Abuja and from the Niger Delta to Lake Chad.

The predators in political power use the poor masses as their expendable pawns. They share the national cake and leave the leftovers for the poor masses to scramble for the crumbs.
In fact, they spend more money every month to feed their security dogs than the starvation wages they pay the poor masses as salaries.
They deliberately oppress and underpay the poor masses so that they will be deprived of basic provisions and suffer terrible indignities in horrible living conditions of their slums.
More than 10 million underprivileged children of the poor masses are out school of which more than 6 million of them are girls who are often used as housemaids by the middle class and upper class families of the ruling class who control the political parties.
Without good education, the children of the poor masses become servants of the ruling class employed as house servants, drivers, gardeners, messengers, sex slaves and guards in the mansions and palaces of the ruling class.

Nobody cries out against the injustices in the country. Even the clerics of the Christian churches and Islamic mosques celebrate the millionaires and billionaires of the ruling class who give them millions of naira as offerings and tithes to pray and pacify the poor masses to keep on hoping, praying and waiting for a better tomorrow.
They lie to the poor masses to keep on blaming Satan and demons for their poverty and wait for the miracles of the divine interventions of Almighty God to deliver them.

The so called human rights activists in the country have become dumb, because they have compromised their cardinal principles; kissing the butts of their rich benefactors and licking their fingers dripping with milk and honey supplied by dons of the  ruling class who have stuffed their mouths with large sums of money to shut them up.
"Bros, if you can't beat them, join them o," they said. So, they have joined them in sharing the loot of their ill-gotten riches.

If only the fearless Fela and daring Gani were still here, echoes of protest songs against injustice and oppression would be heard aloud on the street and public protests against the deprivations of the poor masses would be going on in Lagos city. But they have left without seeing the promise land of their Nigerian Dream.
The poor masses are broken and forsaken, waiting for  the emergence of another Fela and Gani as they also wait on the Lord God for a political Messiah or the return of the heavenly Messiah Jesus Christ to put an end to the  evil reign of the greedy and wicked oppressors in Nigeria.
Let us pray.

Source
http://www.nigeriansreport.com/2016/10/nobody-is-fighting-for-masses-since.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by whitley(m): 4:32pm On Oct 21, 2016
People are scared to fight themselves to avoid being persecuted in one way or the other, I really miss FELA

1 Like

Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by plaetton: 4:54pm On Oct 21, 2016
Yes.
Very very sad.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by Orikinla(m): 5:06pm On Oct 21, 2016
whitley:
People are scared to fight themselves to avoid being persecuted in one way or the other, I really miss FELA

They must be happy Fela and Gani are no longer here to protest against them.
Former NLC leader, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole has joined the oppressors of the masses and dancing shoki with his "Tokunbo" mulatto wife.

5 Likes

Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by kunlexy1759(m): 5:35pm On Oct 21, 2016
It is very unfortunate...

1 Like

Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by jollymizzle(m): 6:04pm On Oct 21, 2016
Great men.we will forever miss them. now every body is after wetin hin go chop from government . No one cares about his or her neighbor anymore.
Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by yarimo(m): 6:09pm On Oct 21, 2016
Na lie op. What of FAYOSE ,FFK and wike? wink

4 Likes

Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by Jokerman(m): 6:21pm On Oct 21, 2016
Tinubu is fighting for the masses... cool
Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by orunto27: 6:29pm On Oct 21, 2016
Yes you're right. It's better we collapse Nigeria immediately into six autonomous Trade Zones .
Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by BossKratos: 6:35pm On Oct 21, 2016
yarimo:

He was referring to "great men" and not "thieves, riggers and cultists"!

Don't desecrate his thread with jargons abeg!

9 Likes

Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by yarimo(m): 6:45pm On Oct 21, 2016
BossKratos:

you well so?

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by BossKratos: 6:57pm On Oct 21, 2016
yarimo:
you well so?

Stop asking me the sort of questions you are used to hearing from your parents and doctors!

Not everyone shares the same tastes in role models that your condition affords you!

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by yarimo(m): 7:07pm On Oct 21, 2016
Kikikiki that is OP'S opinion he doesn't see anyone fighting for the masses, and I have my opinion. You have your opinion also ok, so that warrants me to think you are not ok .please don't QUOTE in the name of I have QUOTE if you don't have anything to say cheesy
BossKratos:

Stop asking me the sort of questions you are used to hearing from your parents and doctors!

Not everyone shares the same tastes in role models that your condition affords you!
Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by BossKratos: 7:16pm On Oct 21, 2016
yarimo:
Kikikiki that is OP'S opinion he doesn't see anyone fighting for the masses, and I have my opinion. You have your opinion also ok, so that warrants me to think you are not ok .please don't QUOTE in the name of I have QUOTE if you don't have anything to say cheesy

Is that all?.........Ok!

Now kindly get lost.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by jollymizzle(m): 7:34pm On Oct 21, 2016
yarimo:
People like fela and gani were an embodiment of sacrifice and activism. They didn't do it for material gain and they led by example. They faced down soldiers even during the military regimes.and most importantly no one could accuse them of being corrupt. They gave everything
Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by yarimo(m): 8:21pm On Oct 21, 2016
jollymizzle:

People like fela and gani were an embodiment of sacrifice and activism. They didn't do it for material gain and they led by example. They faced down soldiers even during the military regimes.and most importantly no one could accuse them of being corrupt. They gave everything
ok your explanation is NOTED
Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by yarimo(m): 8:23pm On Oct 21, 2016
BossKratos:

Is that all?.........Ok!

Now kindly get lost.
ok sir, Nairaland Chief Security Officer
Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by Lucasbalo(m): 8:34pm On Oct 21, 2016
Orikinla:

They must be happy Fela and Gani are no longer here to protest against them.
Former NLC leader, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole has joined the oppressors of the masses and dancing shoki with his "Tokunbo" mulatto wife.
You can lead the silent revolution. If you start, others will follow. People needs to stand up against tyranny and oppression if not Nigeria is doomed.
Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 21, 2016
Fela the only Yoruba with a difference, the rest on Nairaland are Zombies and Afonjas

1 Like

Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 21, 2016
Fela the only Yoruba with a difference, the rest on Nairaland are Zombies and Afonjas
Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by Orikinla(m): 10:04pm On Oct 21, 2016
Lucasbalo:
You can lead the silent revolution. If you start, others will follow. People needs to stand up against tyranny and oppression if not Nigeria is doomed.

We have already started.
The Tunisian masses were ignited by a single tweet on Twitter.
We are already speaking out right here.
This is a wake up call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ1hx88nz9M

Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 21, 2016
••••Singing••••

My people self dey fear too much
Dem fear for the thing we no see
Dem fear for the air around us

We fear to fight for freedom
We fear to fight for liberty
We fear to fight for justice
We fear to fight for happiness
We always get reason to fear

We no want die
We no want quench
Mama dey for house
Papa dey for house
I get one wife
I get one car
I get one house
I just build house
I wan enjoy

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by Lucasbalo(m): 10:23pm On Oct 21, 2016
Orikinla:

We have already started.
The Tunisian masses were ignited by a single tweet on Twitter.
We are already speaking out right here.
This is a wake up call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ1hx88nz9M
Kudos to you and others.
Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by Orikinla(m): 11:19pm On Oct 21, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
••••Singing••••

My people self dey fear too much
Dem fear for the thing we no see
Dem fear for the air around us

We fear to fight for freedom
We fear to fight for liberty
We fear to fight for justice
We fear to fight for happiness
We always get reason to fear

We no want die
We no want quench
Mama dey for house
Papa dey for house
I get one wife
I get one car
I get one house
I just build house
I wan enjoy

Exactly.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by Orikinla(m): 11:23pm On Oct 21, 2016
Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by mikolo80: 3:15am On Oct 22, 2016
Orikinla:
[b]Nobody is Fighting for the Masses Since Fela and Gani Passed Away[b]

Nobody is fighting for the welfare of Nigerian masses since their human rights champions and heroes Fela Kuti, (15 October 1938 – 2 August 1997) the legendary King of Afrobeat music and Gani Fawehinmi,, (22 April 1938 – 5 September 2009), Senior Advocate of the Masses passed away.
Their survivors and successors have failed to speak out against the violations of the rights of the suffering poor masses who live at the mercy of the greedy and wicked oppressors in the corridors of power from Lagos to Abuja and from the Niger Delta to Lake Chad.

The predators in political power use the poor masses as their expendable pawns. They share the national cake and leave the leftovers for the poor masses to scramble for the crumbs.
In fact, they spend more money every month to feed their security dogs than the starvation wages they pay the poor masses as salaries.
They deliberately oppress and underpay the poor masses so that they will be deprived of basic provisions and suffer terrible indignities in horrible living conditions of their slums.
More than 10 million underprivileged children of the poor masses are out school of which more than 6 million of them are girls who are often used as housemaids by the middle class and upper class families of the ruling class who control the political parties.
Without good education, the children of the poor masses become servants of the ruling class employed as house servants, drivers, gardeners, messengers, sex slaves and guards in the mansions and palaces of the ruling class.

Nobody cries out against the injustices in the country. Even the clerics of the Christian churches and Islamic mosques celebrate the millionaires and billionaires of the ruling class who give them millions of naira as offerings and tithes to pray and pacify the poor masses to keep on hoping, praying and waiting for a better tomorrow.
They lie to the poor masses to keep on blaming Satan and demons for their poverty and wait for the miracles of the divine interventions of Almighty God to deliver them.

The so called human rights activists in the country have become dumb, because they have compromised their cardinal principles; kissing the butts of their rich benefactors and licking their fingers dripping with milk and honey supplied by dons of the  ruling class who have stuffed their mouths with large sums of money to shut them up.
"Bros, if you can't beat them, join them o," they said. So, they have joined them in sharing the loot of their ill-gotten riches.

If only the fearless Fela and daring Gani were still here, echoes of protest songs against injustice and oppression would be heard aloud on the street and public protests against the deprivations of the poor masses would be going on in Lagos city. But they have left without seeing the promise land of their Nigerian Dream.
The poor masses are broken and forsaken, waiting for  the emergence of another Fela and Gani as they also wait on the Lord God for a political Messiah or the return of the heavenly Messiah Jesus Christ to put an end to the  evil reign of the greedy and wicked oppressors in Nigeria.
Let us pray.

Source
http://www.nigeriansreport.com/2016/10/nobody-is-fighting-for-masses-since.html
you nko
Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by juman(m): 4:09am On Oct 22, 2016
Jokerman:

grin grin

Tinubu and his group are not pro masses infact they are anti masses.

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by juman(m): 4:16am On Oct 22, 2016
jollymizzle:
Great men.we will forever miss them. now every body is after wetin hin go chop from government . No one cares about his or her neighbor anymore.

Yeah, both were great men.

Also obafemi awolowo was a leader and father of the people.

UPN was masses voice.

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by chinjo(m): 4:51am On Oct 22, 2016
who will fight for the masses when people like Femi Falana and Festus Kenyamo whom I was really hoping on are now card carrying members of APC.
Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by Orikinla(m): 6:52am On Oct 22, 2016
chinjo:
who will fight for the masses when people like Femi Falana and Festus Kenyamo whom I was really hoping on are now card carrying members of APC.
j.
Femi Falana seems to have lost his guts since his comrades Fela and Gani passed away.
Festus has joined them since he cannot beat them.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by otitokoroleti: 7:05am On Oct 22, 2016
BossKratos:

let me put it straight, fayose is not saint but I commend some of his actions e.g EGEM. Enugu government only called for prayers & no action to back it up to curb the excesses of fuluni terrorist. It amazed me that op could open such thread because he also support the inpunity of this present administration

1 Like

Re: Nobody Is Fighting For The Masses Since Fela And Gani Passed Away by otitokoroleti: 7:07am On Oct 22, 2016
Jokerman:
your id says it all, lol. Tinubu is a disaster to Yoruba race & Nigeria at large

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are The Benefits Of Being A Nigerian? / Opposition Plotting Trouble Ahead Of 2021 Gov Poll –obiano / Millions Of Nigerians Will Not Have Access To Their Bank Accounts From January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.