Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. (3301 Views)

Poll: Who makes most sense?

Shakerz: 21% (4 votes)
Noetic: 26% (5 votes)
Davidylan (PHD): 52% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

Happy Ramadan To All Muslim On Nairalanders / Muslim-on-christian Violence Expands In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 27, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

So what criteria do we use in knowing what is dogmatic crap and what is spiritually useful?

Anything deep sight disagrees with.

But patently false Mithraic claims debunked by his own wikipedia website = "common sense" and historical fact.

Its funny how deep sight regards himself as a "rational theist". Yeah right . . . and Mithra is my father's uncles's house boy.
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by DeepSight(m): 11:00pm On Oct 27, 2009
davidylan:

The problem with all these hubris is that NO WHERE have you taken up the fact that you and Shakerz have simply produced horribly distorted and patently false claims as FACTS with which to disparage christianity.

Rather than waste your time making irrelevant points, why dont you start with providing evidence for the dross you copied off About.com?

I'm starting to think you're just another waste of energy like Huxley . . . all literary bluff but very little intelligence.

It seems each time your limited cranial capacity is outed, you trot out cliched lines like "limited, narrow mind". I might have a little mind but i know enough not to be taken by false claims on the website simply on the basis of popularity.

Like i said earlier, if we were to just believe the internet then Obama is a Malaysian terrorist born in Kenya. I wager that claim is way more popular than your hillarious claims of Mithraism being similar to christianity despite the fact that we dont begin to see any Mithraic documentation until at least 200 AD.

What a small brained idiot.

^^^There we go again. Still unable to get the grammatical differnce between an issue and a fact. English na problem sha.

Show me where i claimed it was a fact? I severally stated that these are still being debated.

David, i dont have the energy to teach you basic English today.

Goodnite.
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by DeepSight(m): 11:03pm On Oct 27, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

So what criteria do we use in knowing what is dogmatic crap and what is spiritually useful?

You sense with your spirit, you listen with your conscience, an alert and living inner voice cultivated by a sense of the inner harmony of creation.

It will not fail you Chris, try it.
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 27, 2009
Deep Sight:

^^^There we go again. Still unable to get the grammatical differnce between an issue and a fact. English na problem sha.

Show me where i claimed it was a fact? I severally stated that these are still being debated.

David, i dont have the energy to teach you basic English today.

Goodnite.

No dont teach me basic english, i know enough to understand that when you fools get into a tight corner you suddenly turn the argument into one of semantics. You quoted a claim from about.com and said this - Although I accept that these similarities are indeed debatable, i limit my case for the purpose of this discussion to the fact that the issue exists historically, thus giving rise to the debate. Thus Shakerz capitalizes on an existing historical debate. He did not create any of these issues in his kitchen, if you search on-line you will see it’s a popular historical debate.

That you even consider such unverifiable falsehood as "popular historical debate" just diminishes any shred of credibility you assume you have. What we have here is not a debate, nothing remotely close to being "historical debate" . . . we simply have liars regurgitating the same tired old nonsense that have been debunked even by non-partisan, non-religious websites.

Lets assume you did not call those claims as facts but addressed them as "issues" . . . it still makes you sound pretty stupid. Lying that Mithra had 12 disciples is NOT AN ISSUE, it is a LIE . . . plain and simple.

You remind me of the birthers here who were telling us that Obama's birth place was an "issue" for congressional debate despite overwhelming evidence proving he was born in Hawaii. What a sad brainwashed dolt.
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 27, 2009
Deep Sight:

You sense with your spirit, you listen with your conscience, an alert and living inner voice cultivated by a sense of the inner harmony of creation.

It will not fail you Chris, try it.

More philosophical drivel that is actually meaningless. If by listening to your spirit you come up with such nonsense then i'd rather not even listen to anything at all. A blank slate is better than a liar.

It is instructive to note that deep sight has refused to take on any of my points debunking his mithraic claims so far. Why is this coward unable to prove even his own points?
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:08pm On Oct 27, 2009
That reminds me david there is a question I have been meaning to ask you, I was walking with my girlfriend on sunday and somehow the conversation drifted into a service that holds in House of the Rock called JAS meaning Jesus Anointed service which holds by 6 pm on sunday and students prefer that one because it has got all the elements that students like if you know what I mean. Keeping in mind that the intention could be to bring the service to a level that young people could relate with I could not help but see how much the western culture has influenced christianity and how culture and times affect it, do you think that along the way some other popular culture could have adulterated it?
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 27, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

That reminds me david there is a question I have been meaning to ask you, I was walking with my girlfriend on sunday and somehow the conversation drifted into a service that holds in House of the Rock called JAS meaning Jesus Anointed service which holds by 6 pm on sunday and students prefer that one because it has got all the elements that students like if you know what I mean. Keeping in mind that the intention could be to bring the service to a level that young people could relate with I could not help but see how much the western culture has influenced christianity and how culture and times affect it, do you think that along the way some other popular culture could have adulterated it?

My church (which i consider very good by biblical standards) is hosting a "trunk and treat" party on halloween. Its just one more example of how the church is bending over so badly to accomodate the world.

when christians start celebrating halloween then what really differentiates us from those wh purport to be reaching out to? Unfortunately i am too small to approach the ministers on this issue so i'm going to content myself with sitting at home on the 31st of Oct and missing out on 1 mile of candy.
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:15pm On Oct 27, 2009
Deep Sight,
Going into a litany of the things I have tried will not do us any good, I remember seeing something like that whole spirit and conscience thing in a grail message book or something like that, anyways I am not bothered about the spiritual, I have not had compelling evidence to believe it is there so I simply ignore it, remember the question I asked in that pastor aio's thread, is what is right to you going to be what is right to me going by your method? and pastor aio says what is right to everybody is different so what is dogmatic crap to you might actually resonate with another person's spirit no?

when christians start celebrating halloween then what really differentiates us from those wh purport to be reaching out to? Unfortunately i am too small to approach the ministers on this issue so i'm going to content myself with sitting at home on the 31st of Oct and missing out on 1 mile of candy.
Is it possible that little voices like yours have died off over the century and the pure religion is getting lost?
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by Indirah(m): 11:21pm On Oct 27, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Deep Sight,
Going into a litany of the things I have tried will not do us any good, I remember seeing something like that whole spirit and conscience thing in a grail message book or something like that, anyways I am not bothered about the spiritual, I have not had compelling evidence to believe it is there so I simply ignore it, remember the question I asked in that pastor aio's thread, is what is right to you going to be what is right to me going by your method? and pastor aio says what is right to everybody is different so what is dogmatic crap to you might actually resonate with another person's spirit no?

Chris - Have you ever been in love before?
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by Indirah(m): 11:27pm On Oct 27, 2009
brb. . . yes because dat is evidence of spiriutua
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:35pm On Oct 27, 2009
Chris - Have you ever been in love before?
Errrrrr if you can tell me how it is religiously relevant then I might oblige you.

Yes, you have a point, and I think Pastor's answers were sufficiently correct on that thread.
Those were his opinions and his answers do not hold for me, again to juxtapose his answers on our discussion, I could sense in my spirit that the creation story is a load of dogmatic crap, the whale eating jonah more dogmatic crap and samson killing a lion with his hand, that has just got to be dogmatic bullshit, if you know what I mean, and then on the other hand sense that virgin births are the most beautiful spiritual expression, my point simply is that I find the method of listening to one's spirit to be wanting.
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by Indirah(m): 11:38pm On Oct 27, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Errrrrr if you can tell me how it is religiously relevant then I might oblige you.

because luv is evident of the spirutual that is hw it is relevant, i saw this thread interesting, go back and read that thread
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:41pm On Oct 27, 2009
because luv is evident of the spirutual that is hw it is relevant, i saw this thread interesting, go back and read that thread
Sorry but I do not see any relationship.
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by Indirah(m): 11:52pm On Oct 27, 2009
iS lv not a spirtual tin?
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by obi1o1: 6:19am On Oct 28, 2009
@deep sight
IT'S obvious your sight is not as DEEP as you thought,i suggest you slow down b4 you lose D 'shallow' sight we think you have.
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by luvola(m): 8:29am On Oct 28, 2009
change yur nick to deep blind because u ar lost already
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by sharpman1(m): 8:44am On Oct 28, 2009
. . . . .Deep Sight? vs Davidylan . . . . .

This is one of the most interesting encounters i have come across and i am really having a great time. . . . 

maybe someone should start a thread titled . . . . . . how DEEP is 'Deep Sights' SIGHT?
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by mazaje(m): 8:53am On Oct 28, 2009
Deepsight when you are in a hole stop digging. . . . . .
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by KunleOshob(m): 9:10am On Oct 28, 2009
I think deepsight is being mis-understood, just beocs he is not in the box of dogma which the religious and atheist alike are guilty of. People tend to mis-understand him. we expect every body to be in a box so we can profile them in our understanding. What most people fail to realize is that some people are now searching for the truth below the surface of the religious dogma we have been indoctrinated with. These group of people are those who are earnestly seeking the truth and trying to understand it. In actual fact this journey is a long lonely and never ending journey. The seeker is constantly learning and his views might change from time to time as things become clearer to him. Such a person would be difficult to categorize becos the person is on a journey of discovery and does not assume any rigid position beyond certain incontrovertible facts. As such the person may be described as inconsistent.

The funny thing thing is that deepsight who is now being accused of inconsistency was recently accusing Pastor AIO of being inconsistent, To me they are on the same path even though they might have taken different routes to this path. My brothers keep on searching an the truth would finally be revealed.

1 Like

Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:26am On Oct 28, 2009
Kunle,
He dug the current hole he is in, there is nothing wrong with changing the way you think not at all, the problem is when the way you think or the way you choose what you believe in is not to a degree logically consistent, when you hold things by one standard and look the other way for others. I think that is the biggest problem of the deist, reconciling the nature of God. We cannot beat the issue enough how do we come up with which scripture was inspired and which one was not? These religious dogma we talk about, is it not the same way these spiritually inspired scripture was written?
Sometimes I am at a loss how you guys can even live with yourselves, but to each man his own.
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by Krayola(m): 10:02am On Oct 28, 2009
Hebrew scriptures are not to be taken literally. Jews don't take it literally and it is their tradition. When Christians get into all these debates and throw all these literal quotes round and start going at it, it's almost painful to watch. But if I dare join the debate and offer an alternative I get labeled as evil and dismissed ASAP. But it isn't a surprise. Precedence for demonizing the opponent is set in the bible. They just do as their literal interpretations tell them. But if a tradition has belonged to a people for over a millenium, I think it makes sense to see how they understand their tradition, rather than insist we have a superior one that is based on theirs.

If you don't really understand where you are coming from, can you know where you are going?
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by olabowale(m): 3:03pm On Oct 28, 2009
@Davidylan: « #70 on: Yesterday at 11:10:45 PM »
My church (which i consider very good by biblical standards) is hosting a "trunk and treat" party on halloween. Its just one more example of how the church is bending over so badly to accomodate the world.
David, I have been telling you that everything in Christianity, is like water, it takes the shape or form of its container. See what is happening with the good church by Biblical standard? The church is not bending over to accomodate the world, rather it is the way it flows. Will you go, dressing down like "goliat" or dressing up like "David?" Halloween parties is full of potential orgies, even before it starts, because everyone is "undercover!"

The demi-gods syndrome again? I thought that was dead with the lifting up of Jesus?
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 28, 2009
Where is the evil, lying deep sight?
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by DeepSight(m): 7:22pm On Oct 28, 2009
I am here, what is your stress?

Have you seen the thread i opened for you on Golgotha and Divinity?
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 28, 2009
Deep Sight:

I am here, what is your stress?

Have you seen the thread i opened for you on Golgotha and Divinity?

Yeah and i have since dealt with it. That's the usual trick, open a thread . . . get stuck on your own lies, then promptly ignore it and open another. Blind bats leading themselves to the grave.
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by Recognise: 9:13pm On Oct 28, 2009
DaviDylan Yesterday reproduced today by Olabowale]

My church (which I consider very good by biblical standards) is hosting a "trunk and treat" party on halloween.

Its just one more example of how the church is bending over so badly to accomodate the world.

[/quote]

[quote author=Olabowale:

. . . I have been telling you that everything in Christianity is like water,

it takes the shape or form of its container.

See what is happening with the good church by Biblical standard?

The church is not bending over to accomodate the world, rather it is the way it flows.

Will you go, dressing down like "Goliat" or dressing up like "David?"

Halloween parties is full of potential orgies, even before it starts, because everyone is "undercover!"

Romans 12:1-3 Amplified Bible (AMP)

1 I APPEAL to you therefore, brethren, and beg of you in view of [all] the mercies of God,

to make a decisive dedication of your bodies [presenting all your members and faculties] as a living sacrifice,

holy (devoted, consecrated) and well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational, intelligent) service and spiritual worship.

2 Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs],

but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude],

so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God,

even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you].

3 For by the grace (unmerited favor of God) given to me I warn everyone among you not to estimate

and think of himself more highly than he ought [not to have an exaggerated opinion of his own importance],

but to rate his ability with sober judgment, each according to the degree of faith apportioned by God to him.
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by theseeker2: 1:00pm On Oct 29, 2009
@Reconize, is that why ou guys celebrate immorality and ordian gay bishops?
And also hate islam for its rigorous rigidity
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 29, 2009
christianity and its devil doctrine sha grin
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by Nezan(m): 1:56pm On Oct 29, 2009
@Reconize, is that why ou guys celebrate immorality and ordian gay bishops?
And also hate islam for its rigorous rigidity
What rigidity is in islam? is it the literal washing of private parts believing you are washing away sin? or the terrorism? or the paedophilia? just what? there is nothing like rigidity in islam which doesnt even know about spiritual edification.

christianity and its devil doctrine sha
Like going to obtain magun from your alfa abi?
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 29, 2009
u mean your woli's
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 29, 2009
uplawal:

christianity and its devil doctrine sha grin

If christianity was an evil doctrine then i wonder why most muslims read the bible in the first place.
Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 29, 2009
just to show you ur lies and bring you out of darkness into light of ISLAM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Army Shot A Man @ Mushin Source:punchng.com / Bank Statements Shows Apostle Sulieman Depositted Money Severally Into Stephanie / Nairalander Easily Debunks An Atheists Claims Of Free Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.