Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,147 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. (3311 Views)

Poll: Who makes most sense?

Shakerz: 21% (4 votes)
Noetic: 26% (5 votes)
Davidylan (PHD): 52% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

Happy Ramadan To All Muslim On Nairalanders / Muslim-on-christian Violence Expands In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. by MyJoe: 6:40pm On Oct 30, 2009
KunleOshob:

I think deepsight is being mis-understood, just beocs he is not in the box of dogma which the religious and atheist alike are guilty of. People tend to mis-understand him. we expect every body to be in a box so we can profile them in our understanding. What most people fail to realize is that some people are now searching for the truth below the surface of the religious dogma we have been indoctrinated with. These group of people are those who are earnestly seeking the truth and trying to understand it. In actual fact this journey is a long lonely and never ending journey. The seeker is constantly learning and his views might change from time to time as things become clearer to him. Such a person would be difficult to categorize becos the person is on a journey of discovery and does not assume any rigid position beyond certain incontrovertible facts. As such the person may be described as inconsistent.

The funny thing thing is that deepsight who is now being accused of inconsistency was recently accusing Pastor AIO of being inconsistent, To me they are on the same path even though they might have taken different routes to this path. My brothers keep on searching an the truth would finally be revealed. 

The above is useful. Obviously Chris has a problem with someone compartmentalising the Bible. May I venture that that is a problem created by the Grail Message which Deep Sight has evidently been profoundly, but not totally, influenced by. I, too, have questioned this tendency of Grail adherents but only in terms of the spiritual value of the Bible as the revealed word of God. In terms of usefulness, the Bible is like most books of that nature - you find some parts useful, others not. My personal understanding of things happens to accord with deism and I find no inconsistencies in my position whatsoever.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Come To Know What God's Plan For My Life Is? / Were Can I Download Free Hollywood Christian Movies? / Which Version Of Bible Is Your Preferred Choice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.