Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? (3428 Views)

Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? / But How Did Satan Get Back InTo Heaven To See God - Job 2:1-2 / When And From Where Did Jesus Ascend Into Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by kolaxy(m): 11:12pm On Oct 23, 2009
If you died, why should God let you into heaven?

Think about it. If you died today and stood before God in heaven and He asked you, “Why should I let you into Heaven?” what would you say to Him? Prayerfully think about it and hold the answer in your mind.

If your answer was anything like “Because I am a good person” or “I’ve done more things right than wrong” or anything that is based on what you do, then you should recommit yourself to the liberating truth of the Gospel today!

The first answer that should have come to your mind was something like “I am saved by grace” or “Because Jesus is my Lord and Savior” or something that shows you have a clear understanding of the gospel. Remember, salvation is a gift from God to us. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God's offer of forgiveness can we be saved. Eternal life begins the moment we truly receive Jesus Christ into our life by faith.

Check out these scriptures:

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23).

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9).

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit” (Titus 3:5).  wink

1 Like

Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by Tudor6(f): 10:31am On Oct 24, 2009
I'm sorry but I wouldn't wanna be part of a heaven where good people like Mahatma Ghandi, Mother Theresa and Princess diana, -who have done so much for humanity- are denied access but theives, rogues and liars like Pastor EA Adeboye and Bishop David Oyedepo are given right hand seats. . . .just can't!
Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by noetic15(m): 1:30pm On Oct 24, 2009
Tudór:

I'm sorry but I wouldn't wanna be part of a heaven where good people like Mahatma Ghandi, Mother Theresa and Princess diana, -who have done so much for humanity- are denied access but theives, rogues and liars like Pastor EA Adeboye and Bishop David Oyedepo are given right hand seats. . . .just can't!

Good choice. ur place awaits u in HELL!!!! shocked shocked

I hope u enjoy it shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by PastorAIO: 1:51pm On Oct 24, 2009
I say silly you for dying in the first place.
Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by kolaxy(m): 11:41pm On Oct 24, 2009
Hebrews 9:25-28

25 Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own. 26 Then Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But now he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27 Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him. wink

1 Like

Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by RiffRaff: 12:16am On Oct 25, 2009
@ kolaxy/post
There is no Heaven, u have been brain washed.
@ Tudor
Thumbs up.
Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by noetic15(m): 12:25am On Oct 25, 2009
Riff-Raff:

@ kolaxy/post
There is no Heaven, u have been brain washed.
@ Tudor
Thumbs up.

and where is ur proof?
Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by kolaxy(m): 1:35am On Oct 25, 2009
"This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." - Romans 3:20 wink
Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by Tudor6(f): 9:13am On Oct 25, 2009
noetic15:

and where is your proof?
you'll get it right after you present your proof of heaven. . . .
Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by ccollins(m): 3:49pm On Oct 25, 2009
Obedience to God and loving people without any bit of hatred.having the true Spirit of God which confesses Jesus Christ came in the flesh is of God
Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by ccollins(m): 4:10pm On Oct 25, 2009
May God bless u as u continue the good work of God.HE WHO DESPISE JESUS ALSO DEPISE THE FATHER WHO SENT HIM.MARVEL NOT ,MY BROTHER, IF THE WORLD HATE U
Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by Atheists: 5:26pm On Oct 25, 2009
I should be judged based on my deeds not what l believes only.
Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 26, 2009
Atheists:

judged by who? Him you rejected?
Judged based on what law? Your own?
Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by Recognise: 8:10pm On Oct 26, 2009
Atheists:

@^

The legacy of eating from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil . . .

Pride of Life. It has to be done "my way" . . .
Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by MrCrackles(m): 8:12pm On Oct 26, 2009
Topic. . .
Because i lived my life ever so well! cool
Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by kolaxy(m): 1:09am On Oct 27, 2009
"There is none that doeth good, no not one…" Rom.3:12
Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by kolaxy(m): 5:16am On Oct 28, 2009
Hebrews 9:27 It is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment,
Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by mazaje(m): 8:51am On Oct 28, 2009
All these endless claims about the mythical heaven that christians(or moslems) themselves have demonstrated they do not truly believe in by their actions when faced with death. . . . . The TRUTH is that christians dont REALLY believe that they will go to heaven when they die and I mean it. . . . .I have been around christians in a life and death situation and their reaction when faced with death says they do not believe in their mythical heaven at all. . . .My mum is a fundamentalist end of day enthusiast who believe that jesus will come flying in the sky tommorow and take her to the mythical heaven. . .I remember when we were flying from lagos to abuja on my last visit to naija and the plane suddenly began to shake in the air. . .the very scary look on her face says she is just fooling her self about all her end of days talk. . . .she was praying and calling on her god to help us and take charge of the plane and not to allow it crash she was more scared than I was. . . .instead of feeling happy that she was going to leave this "sinful and corrupt earth" which she claims she so much despises and loves to trash all the time as a place of endless evil and no good and go to be with her "heavenly father" in the mythical heaven that is without evil, pain and suffering according to the myth. . . . she was praying to god to help her and spare her life so that she can continue to live the the world she is claims she dislikes and is always complaing is full of evil of no good. . . . .

Why is it that christians are always talking about heaven, how it is a lovely place and how they will all love to go there but you never hear them say things like" ohh god I am about to receive eternal life please accept me as I come to join you in heaven" when they come face to face with death? You never hear them say "ohh jesus thank you for taking my life and recieve me as I come to join you in heaven" when they are faced with a life or death situation, instead you hear them screaming and shouting for their god to come and save their lives and allow them to continue to live on earth, If christians TRULY believe in this mythical heaven why is it that they do not want to die and go there, why do they run away from death or pray to their imaginary god to help them and save their lives when they are faced with death?. . . . I once told our heaven enthusaist(OLADEGBUU) that he will die and go to heaven and he began shouting that he shall not die but live to deaclear the glory of his god . . . .The truth is that no matter how much the lie to themselves and pretend all the time they VERY much know that this life is all that they have and the rest is just a baseless feel good stories and belief that has no basis in reality. . . . . . . .
Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by alimat2(f): 12:08pm On Oct 28, 2009
@All,
Dont ever think that ur good deeds and ur constant prayer or kindness will ever make any body into heaven but just ONLY and ONLY the MERCY of GOD that will help people into paradise
Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by manmustwac(m): 12:27pm On Oct 28, 2009
@mazaje
I experienced exactly the same thing about 10 years ago on a B A flight going from Heathrow to Lagos. About two hours into the flight an announcement came over the intercom saying that all passengers and flgiht crew should return to thier seats that the plane would be flying through some turbulance in about 10 minutes. Everybody including flight crew returned to thier seats. Man it wasn't long before the plane began shake violently as the plane flew through turbulance. See as nigerians began to pray loudly, speaking in tongues, see body language as if they thought the plane was going to crash. And compare that to the few whites i saw among them in economy like me just relaxed reading thier magazines, taking it easy. This went on for a good 20 mins until the plane had passed through the turbulance. You'd think that all the Nigerians would be looking forward to go to thier imaginary Heaven but they're not. And am sure that the deluded nigerians will be dumb enough to believe that its thier prayers that stop the plane from crashing.
Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by jagunlabi(m): 12:45pm On Oct 28, 2009
Lol! grin To be a good christian or muslim, you have to be a dedicated hypocrite. wink
Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by mazaje(m): 5:11pm On Oct 28, 2009
manmustwac:

@mazaje
I experienced exactly the same thing about 10 years ago on a B A flight going from Heathrow to Lagos. About two hours into the flight an announcement came over the intercom saying that all passengers and flgiht crew should return to thier seats that the plane would be flying through some turbulance in about 10 minutes. Everybody including flight crew returned to thier seats. Man it wasn't long before the plane began shake violently as the plane flew through turbulance. See as nigerians began to pray loudly, speaking in tongues, see body language as if they thought the plane was going to crash. And compare that to the few whites i saw among them in economy like me just relaxed reading thier magazines, taking it easy. This went on for a good 20 mins until the plane had passed through the turbulance. You'd think that all the Nigerians would be looking forward to go to thier imaginary Heaven but they're not. And am sure that the deluded nigerians will be dumb enough to believe that its thier prayers that stop the plane from crashing.

Forget them joh. . .I am from a family of christian fundamentalist(Mum and her sisters) that keep on talking about how we are in the end of days and how soon jesus will come and take them to heaven. . . My mum and her relatives keep singing how rotten and evil the world is. . . .Always talking about the mythical heaven which they have DEMONSTRATED so many times that the TRULY do NOT believe in it. . .I have a 68 years old aunt. . .she was sick some months ago when I visited Naija and instead of praying to her jesus to accept her into heaven she was busying praying for jesus to heal her and make her continue to live in the world she is constantly complaining is full of evil and a bad place despite the fact that she is 68year old grin grin. . . .

My mum is really into these heaven and hell myths. . . she has so many books written by lairs that claim they have been to heaven and hell and came back to narrate their "experience". . . .If you read those books you will know that heaven and hell are just a creation of the human mind. . . .the people narrate very different versions of what the allegedly saw and their testimonies cancel each other out, if you read their books you will know that they are just lying grin grin. . . .they are just lairs trying to sell books and make some cool cash. . .despite all my mums belief in heaven and how she claims she will love to go there she is constantly shouting at her driver for being reckless and trying to kill her with the way he drives grin grin. . .they are always talking about heaven but when they come face to face with death they begin to shout and scream to their imaginary god to save their lives grin grin. . . .crazy people. . .
Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by kolaxy(m): 12:44am On Oct 30, 2009
John 11:25-26

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.[/b] Do you believe this?"
Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by kolaxy(m): 4:08am On Oct 30, 2009
1 Corinthians 1:18  For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by mazaje(m): 8:04am On Oct 30, 2009
kolaxy:

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Passages like these from the bible were written by people to serve as a christian meme to strengthen their own irrational beliefs which they KNOW have no basis at all in reality. . . of course the bible writters have to find a way of keeping those that subscribe to its myths and lies by telling them that those that do not subscribe to the story it tells are foolish people who are perishing so that those that subscribe to the myths can have some level of emotional comfort while holding unto the myths it propagates. . . .That some people could truly not believe in what they have written down is a foreign idea to them I suppose so they look for ways to write them off with words like they are condemmed, perished etc. . . .

Ask them to provide any evidence to show that the mythical heaven they love to talk about exist outside the pages of the bible and their imaginations and they will start crying or telling you absurd stories that have NO basis at all in reality. . . . Christians do NOT believe in heaven if they do they will be shouting and calling unto their imaginary god to accept their souls when they are in a life or death situation instead of crying to their imaginary god to save their lives and allow them to continue to live on earth. . . Your actions is what truly determine what you believe in not what you proclaim with words of mouth. . . . .
Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by manmustwac(m): 1:58pm On Oct 30, 2009
@kolaxy
do u know anyone thats in Heaven? And if you do can u provide proof that he or she is actually there? All u have to do is provide thier Heavenly contact details and i'll be convinced.
Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by mazaje(m): 4:53pm On Oct 30, 2009
manmustwac:

@kolaxy
do u know anyone thats in Heaven? And if you do can u provide proof that he or she is actually there? All u have to do is provide thier Heavenly contact details and i'll be convinced.

Expect him to quote another bible verse for you grin grin
Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by kolaxy(m): 12:54am On Oct 31, 2009
@manmustwac

@kolaxy
1. do u know anyone thats in Heaven?
2. And if you do can u provide proof that he or she is actually there?
3. All u have to do is provide thier Heavenly contact details and i'll be convinced.

1. do u know anyone thats in Heaven? Answer-Yes. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word(Jesus), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 1 John5:7
2. And if you do can u provide proof that he or she is actually there? Answer-Yes. Jesus said, "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also" (John 14:2-3).
3. All u have to do is provide thier Heavenly contact details and i'll be convinced. OK, Heaven's Postcode is : John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.    wink

@mazaje

Expect him to quote another bible verse for you   grin grin

Jeremiah 23:28-29
Let the prophet who has a dream tell his dream, but let the one who has my word speak it faithfully. For what has straw to do with grain?" declares the LORD.  "Is not my word like fire," declares the LORD, "and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?  grin grin grin
Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by manmustwac(m): 1:08am On Oct 31, 2009
mazaje:

Expect him to quote another bible verse for you grin grin
Na woa how did u know he was going to quote another bible verse to me? You must be a Prophet. grin
Re: If You Died, Why Should God Let You Into Heaven? by kolaxy(m): 1:40am On Nov 02, 2009
Luke 16:19-28

Parable of the The Rich Man and Lazarus

"There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
"The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side.

The rich man also died and was buried. In hell,where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side.So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'

"But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Deeper Life 2010 National Easter Retreat Is Here Again / If You Must Pay Tithe, Do It Right. / Spiritual Powers Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.