Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Exclusive B-T-S Photos Of ROK TV Studio First Star Packed Series: Single Ladies - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Exclusive B-T-S Photos Of ROK TV Studio First Star Packed Series: Single Ladies (749 Views)

Flavour And Semah G. Weifur In The U.S (Photos) / Regina Askia, Stephanie Hornecker & Ooni Of Ife Meet In The U.S (photos) / Laura Ikeji Tattoos ROK, Her Son's Name On Her Body (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exclusive B-T-S Photos Of ROK TV Studio First Star Packed Series: Single Ladies by JAYTUNEZ(m): 2:29pm On Oct 22, 2016
Exclusive Interview With Ayoka Thompson and Photos From ROK TV Studio Series: Single Ladies

TunezMedia caught up with ace Photographer, Ayoka Thompson recently, the official photographer of Mary Remmy, ROK Studios.

Ayoka spoke at length about the much anticipated series, Single Ladies while sharing exclusive behind the scene images with Tunez. The popular photogenius also opened up about an ongoing legal tussle with Vanguard Allure over a copyright infringement claim.

Read excepts below;

TUNEZ: Can We Meet You

AY.T:  My name is Ayoka Thompson, I am from Osun state, I studied Dramatic Arts from the prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife. I was born on the 26th of April; learning photography was due to one of the numerous strikes ASUU embarked on while I was schooling. I quickly realized my passion for capturing beautiful moments, things and people. I do not just take a picture; I try to make art out of every picture I take, it is like a picture is my canvas with that I can create a unique piece of art that has never been seen before. I do this by combining my knowledge in theatre arts with photography.

TUNEZ: How Did You Start Working In The Movie Industry

AY.T: That is very tricky, because before becoming a photographer I was an actor and an aspiring director so I started with the Yoruba speaking part of the industry. I have worked with the likes of Antar Laniyan, Muyideen Oladapo, and Tade Ogidan to mention a few. So talking about the English speaking part one day Lilian Afegbai of the Big Brother House introduced me to Emeka Duru, who is a production manager and has since helped me in my journey in Nollywood.

TUNEZ: Your Role In 'Single Ladies' Series

AY.T: I was contracted as the Photographer on set.

TUNEZ: We Understand That It Can Be Difficult Working With Some Of The Big Wigs in The Industry, How Has It Been Working With Mary Remmy, Mercy Aigbe, Padita Agu and the likes Behind the Scene

AY.T: It was not difficult at all, I mean all these ladies are Nollywood’s finest, talking about talents, charisma, charm, you name it. They were lovely on set coupled with the fact that I am familiar with most of them. And as a photographer we are always loved I mean people love it when they look good in pictures. And if you by chance take good pictures like I do it won’t be difficult getting along with your favorite celebrities.

For instance, it is no news that the picture of Annie Idibia I took at the “Buck Wyld n Breathless” concert went viral. Our relationships extend beyond the set because we work like a family. She gave me a VIP ticket to see the show. And recently I shot Padita Agu’s pre birthday pictures which also went viral; we had to go to Yaba, mix with the area boys just to get things done. So I really want to correct the notion that working with the big names can be difficult maybe it’s the person that has a bad character or very insensitive. This is not to say that all celebrities are perfect I just think that if people are sensitive enough they would not have issues with them because they are also human beings and are prone to bad moods and what have you.

TUNEZ: Can You Shed More Light On Your Lawsuit Against Vanguard Allure Magazine and Toyin Lawani's Role

AY.T: Plagiarism and copyright theft is unlawful and should be frowned at, I had approached them professionally via an email only to get the shock of my life by one Nelly Nesik who is the creative director, I was amazed at their unprofessionalism because growing up in photography their magazine was one of the magazines I wanted my pictures in, it was a standard magazine and I think these standards are going down by the day, they don’t even make the magazines in glossy papers anymore so what can you expect.

So at the end I was forced to talk to my lawyers who took necessary legal actions. Toyin Lawani was as disappointed as I was and has always supported me, she encouraged me to do the right thing because she knows how passionate and how hardworking I am. I mean we spent 3 days and nights shooting the pictures. And in addition to that, I spent countless hours retouching the pictures to perfection.

TUNEZ: What Inspired Your Recent Nude Shoot

AY.T: Nude is a genre of photography art and I enjoy it because you get to see the beauty in the human form. It is evident in sculptures, paintings and other forms of art so I get inspired to create my own nude art too using my own medium which is photography.

TUNEZ: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment While Doing A Job

AY.T: My most embarrassing moment is shooting in front of a fast approaching train.

TUNEZ: Any Words For Upcoming Photographers Who Are Trying To Beat The Odds To Make A Name In The Industry

AY.T: Keep your head straight, be passionate do not panic if you are not making enough yet, you will only if you stay hungry for knowledge, quality and excellence.

TUNEZ: Thanks For Having Us, Ayoka Thompson, it was a real pleasure.

http://www.tunezmediablog.com/2016/10/exclusive-interview-with-ayoka-thompson.html

Lalasticlala Fynestboi Ijebabe Ishilove MissyB3

Re: Exclusive B-T-S Photos Of ROK TV Studio First Star Packed Series: Single Ladies by JAYTUNEZ(m): 2:31pm On Oct 22, 2016

Re: Exclusive B-T-S Photos Of ROK TV Studio First Star Packed Series: Single Ladies by JAYTUNEZ(m): 2:33pm On Oct 22, 2016

Re: Exclusive B-T-S Photos Of ROK TV Studio First Star Packed Series: Single Ladies by JAYTUNEZ(m): 2:34pm On Oct 22, 2016

Re: Exclusive B-T-S Photos Of ROK TV Studio First Star Packed Series: Single Ladies by JAYTUNEZ(m): 2:35pm On Oct 22, 2016

Re: Exclusive B-T-S Photos Of ROK TV Studio First Star Packed Series: Single Ladies by pretydiva(f): 3:26pm On Oct 22, 2016
Annie is getting prettier each passing day kiss
Re: Exclusive B-T-S Photos Of ROK TV Studio First Star Packed Series: Single Ladies by opeyemiieblog(m): 3:34pm On Oct 22, 2016
beautiful

(1) (Reply)

Wrong Tenses & Grammatical Errors Made By Nigerian Artistes In Their Lyrics / Toolz And Lizzy Wedding Picture Nominated For A 2016 Wedding Award, NIBRA 2016 / Donald Trump's Wife Melania Naked Shoot For GQ Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.