Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,227 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra (11290 Views)

Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 / "I Didn't Give Approval For Launch Of Radio Biafra In America"– Nnamdi Kanu / MEND: Nnamdi Kanu Accepted To Renounce Biafra In Secret (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by frankdoz24: 2:50pm On Oct 22, 2016
Biafra: "Preaching to us about Biafra is Just like telling us that the Kingdom of God is coming soon in Calabar" --Etakpor community vocalizes to Biafra

A popular maxim has it that history is one’s bestteacher, and that a traveller possess more wisdom than a grey-headed aged man.Anybody bereft with the knowledge of his history, root or background, will end up repeating the same horrible mistake that their ancient fathers made.We acknowledge the fact that we are Biafrans and our major role and objective is to make sure that every current state in Nigeria which originally constitute the Republic of Biafra is intact and secured, and without the Indigenous People of Biafra in remote villages alike coming together as one indivisible and united people with one collective goal and vision, our task is incomplete.The indigenes and inhabitants of some parts of the riverine communities of Calabar south, especially in Etakpor, Ibom and Idang were happy to receive the goodnews of Biafra and delighted to know that Biafra restoration project has been re-inkindled. Although they still see things from a very long distance, as the Biafra restoration message brought to them by Ejike Ofoegbu of BIAFRA WRITERS on the 20th of october 2016 sounds just like a sweet dream they wish not to wake up from.Ejike Ofoegbu with Etakpor indigenesThey acknowledged being Biafrans, and wish to be listening to daily Radio Biafra live broadcast, because according to them, there are no means of inspiration and dissemination of vital information and messages through the Radio whose signal is yet to penetrate their villages.It should be noted that the local residents in Etakpor, Ibom and Idang are so willing and eager to join the quest to restore Biafra and wish to be fervently carried along. I had the previlege of Interviewing some of them, and their replies and assurances are quite promising and encouraging too.They warmly welcomed me as one of them, as though they have known me for a lifetime; they took me to an ancient landmark known as 'Etim Edem park'; a place that really pointed out that we all are one, as we share same cultural beliefs and way of life.Ejike Ofoegbu at Mary Slessor’s houseThey further gave an insight of what transpired during the Nigeria-Biafra War, narrating that during the hostilities, Calabar soldiers in the Biafran Army stood and fought gallantly for Biafra; asking "why are we now keeping them in isolation? Why is there no signal in their village for them to enjoy the daily gospel of Radio Biafra? But I made them understand that other parts of Calabar are already attuned with events on ground with regards to IPOB's quest and that Etakpor, Ibom, Idang and its environ can never be isolated, as IPOB do not intend leaving any community behind, hence the need for us to rejuvenate their consciousness and to let them know that Biafra is very close at hand.During my visit to the famous Mary Slessor’s house situated at a popular place called "the slave trade land", where the white man claimed they stopped us from killing twins, we found out that the story was nothing but a concocted lie and a way to delude and deceive our people into believing that the white man's expedition to our land was meant for our own good. We were able to gather that itwas not twins they hid In Mary Slessor’s house, rather it was slaves being taken away by the white men from there in which they were assembled, to outside the shores of BiafralandEjike Ofoegbu In front of Mary Slessor’s houseThe good people of Etakpor, Ibom and Idang in Calabar South are well cultured in their way of life, and I can categorically say that they are more Biafran than the Igbos.Just at the mention of the name 'Biafra' they all welcomed and felt relaxed with me. "Etakpor and the entire Calabar is for Biafra and nothing can stop that" says Mr. Phillip Edet passionately.Ejike Ofoegbu with Mr. Eta, Ubong and Edet Of Etakpor CommunityI was able to set up three distinct IPOB family zones in the location, with each clocking over 30 indigenous people whom I met as at the time; which i shall be handing over tothe Calabar coordinator in due time. Mr. Phillip Edet will becoordinating Etakpor zone, Mr. Okon Eta for Ibom zone andwhile Mr. Akpan Ubong will oversee Old Idang zone. They all expressed unequalled happiness, and zeal to work together with their fellow Indigenous people of Biafra (IPOB), under Nnamdi Kanu's leadership whom they have heard so much about, saying that what they have been toldby alot of people have finally come to their domain.Mr. Ubong, one of those who welcomed me to Idang community went further to narrate what transpired during the civil war initiated by Nigeria against Biafra, how their forefathers fought gallantly side by side with Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu and Phillip Effiong, and are very optimistic that what they thought was lost is already here. Their happiness and joy know no bounds and cannot be expressed in writing; this put to shred the peddled propaganda by the Nigerian media which says that the people of Cross River does not support Biafra.Having expressed their main concern with regards to media blackout on IPOB restoration project in their villages, I assured them that IPOB will try its possible best to ensure that Radio Biafra signal gets to their locality and that they will soon be able to listen to live broadcasts, so as to keep them updated with a free flow of information of the happenings around Biafraland and beyond. I further assured them of Nnamdi Kanu's promise to ensure the whole of Calabar is duly saturated with the gospel of freedom before he was kidnapped, and that promise will not be reneged on no matter what. Nevertheless, i informedthem of alternative platforms via which they can be hooked up to daily broadcast, pending when a relay stationwould be installed in their location.As I was still preaching to them the message of hope, all emotions was let loose, some of them began to shed tears, I was awestricken and astonished. Their zeal for Biafra is what I can’t just explain but in everything I was able to console them, giving them reasons to be happy and hopeful.One of them known as Mr. Eta said to me; “preaching about Biafra to us is just like telling us that the kingdom of God is coming soon in Calabar,” and I made him to understand that Biafra is God’s own kingdom on earth, andthat without Biafra, we are all gone, we will be Islamized, adding that the Islamization agenda orcestrated by the dictator in Aso rock, Muhammadu Buhari, against Biafra has failed today because of Nnamdi Kanu's gospel on Radio Biafra.When I was about to return to my base, their countenances changed, I could see sadness in their faces. They wished Biafra was already here. I was laden with deep emotions todepart from people who has shown me so much love and care. They all declared affirmatively that Biafra is our heritage and must come and bade me farewell.By Ejike OfoegbuEdited By Chukwuemeka ChimeruePublished By Nwosu C.SFor Biafra Writers.

13 Likes

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by Kingsley10000: 3:05pm On Oct 22, 2016
little did my ipod wailers know that south south is more threat,betrayer and foe to us than the west...even GEJ we're playing second fiddle game to,is not an advocate for biafra....can't forget the fool that says"he gave igbos an identity"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by sarrki(m): 3:08pm On Oct 22, 2016
Kingsley10000:
little did my ipod wailers know that south south is more threat,betrayer and foe to us than the west...even GEJ we're playing second fiddle game to,is not an advocate for biafra....can't forget the fool that says"he gave igbos an identity"

You are toying with Internet attack

Hope you are ready to take it

1 Like

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by Kingsley10000: 3:10pm On Oct 22, 2016
If biafra happens tommorrow,though the probability is very slim...the republic will encompass the 5core igbo states,even asaba,delta igbo and northern rivers won't be part of us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by Lajet: 3:15pm On Oct 22, 2016
Kingsley10000:
If biafra happens tommorrow,though the probability is very slim...the republic will encompass the 5core igbo states,even asaba,delta igbo and northern rivers won't be part of us

Afonja claiming to be from Anambra state

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by omoyowa: 3:54pm On Oct 22, 2016
Kingsley10000:

I am an Igbo from Anambra,but not an advocate of Biafra......
but I find it difficult to understand why d afonjas are more concerned and speak ill of Biafra than d northerners...
they carry d Biafra issue on their head and abuse d Igbo's for nothing..
Even where I work,d afonjas there are always abusing d Igbo's because of their quest for Biafra....
Can someone explain to me please..

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by Sealeddeal(m): 4:20pm On Oct 22, 2016
Kingsley10000:
Afonja people. who asked you all that?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by Sealeddeal(m): 4:21pm On Oct 22, 2016
omoyowa:

I am an Igbo from Anambra,but not an advocate of Biafra......
but I find it difficult to understand why d afonjas are more concerned and speak ill of Biafra than d northerners...
they carry d Biafra issue on their head and abuse d Igbo's for nothing..
Even where I work,d afonjas there are always abusing d Igbo's because of their quest for Biafra....
Can someone explain to me please..
you're Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by ArodewilliamsT: 4:48pm On Oct 22, 2016
Oh God, why can't SSners just hate SE and Biafra so that we pro-fulani yoruba muslims can rejoice with our bowls of ewedu as crude continues to flow in the spirit of one naijeriya.

grin grin grin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by Kingsley10000: 4:52pm On Oct 22, 2016
Lajet:

Afonja claiming to be from Anambra state
who is claiming to be from anambra?....i don't envisage biafra happening in nearest further,if eventually it happens,bear it in mind that ss won't be part of us
Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by dEastActivist: 4:56pm On Oct 22, 2016
ArodewilliamsT:
Oh God, why can't SSners just hate SE and Biafra so that we pro-fulani yoruba muslims can rejoice with our bowls of ewedu.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I can only imagine how they stupidly rushed in only for them to be disappointed... grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by OILSOUP: 5:03pm On Oct 22, 2016
Kingsley10000:

Kingsley10000:

YORUBA MAN, SLAP URSELF FOR THAT NONSENSE U WRITE, U DESERVE IT.

AS SOON AS HE HEAR BIAFRA, HE IS THE FIRST TO COMMENT BUT BIAFRA DOES NOT INCLUDE YORUBA...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by santino09: 5:58pm On Oct 22, 2016
Shun all these fake ssners and their comments the real ssners are pro biafrans.

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by blackpanda: 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2016
Abi o. Let those seccessionist apologist get it in their thick brain.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by iberrylee(m): 6:27pm On Oct 22, 2016
I want that Biafra to become actualized so that these igbo criminals,kidnappers,drug peddlers can leave south west and mind you when you are going carry your estate and properties in Lagos and Ogun state

4 Likes

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by dEastActivist: 6:33pm On Oct 22, 2016
iberrylee:
I want that Biafra to become actualized so that these igbo criminals,kidnappers,drug peddlers can leave south west and mind you when you are going carry your estate and properties in Lagos and Ogun state

Yes and they will even carry their investment in Angola, Zambia, Zimbabwe, london, Kigali, Kuala Lumpur, Accra, Abu Dhabi, Hong Kong, Pretoria, Rio, Luxemburg, Spain.

No go find work, dey find abandoned property.
And remember to visit the last mechanic that worked on your reasoning.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by Kingsley10000: 6:35pm On Oct 22, 2016
santino09:
Shun all these fake ssners and their comments the real ssners are pro biafrans.
who are the real ss?

1 Like

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by Decibel: 6:37pm On Oct 22, 2016
blackpanda:
Abi o. Let those seccessionist apologist get it in their thick brain.

We acknowledge the fact that we are Biafrans and our major role and objective is to make sure that every current state in Nigeria which originally constitute the Republic of Biafra is intact and secured, and without the Indigenous People of Biafra in remote villages alike coming together as one indivisible and united people with one collective goal and vision, our task is incomplete.The indigenes and inhabitants of some parts of the riverine communities of Calabar south, especially in Etakpor, Ibom and Idang were happy to receive the goodnews of Biafra and delighted to know that Biafra restoration project has been re-inkindled.

Never knew that you're among the illiterate Afonjas roaming around all the streets of NL politics section looking for anything Biafra and IPOB to feast on but this time around you were disappointed.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by Decibel: 6:40pm On Oct 22, 2016
Biafra is an ideology which can never be vanquished

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by gidgiddy: 6:57pm On Oct 22, 2016
Kingsley10000:
who is claiming to be from anambra?....i don't envisage biafra happening in nearest further,if eventually it happens,bear it in mind that ss won't be part of us

You are from where? From Anambra? Dont make me laugh. There is no Anambra indigene alive that would be calling places like Asaba, Ibusa, Onitsha Ugbo, Okpanam,Isele Uku and rest of them 'SS'. They are all Igbos and very close to Anambra. Only a Yoruba man would be calling those Igbos 'SS'

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by Progressive01(m): 7:12pm On Oct 22, 2016
..and I made him to understand that Biafra is God’s own kingdom on earth, and that without Biafra, we are all gone, we will be Islamized, adding that the Islamization agenda
Coming from the same idiots that called Jesus names calling on her idiotic followers that one Shukwu Abuko Bambiala is their true god. cheesy

By the way, this their "islamization" stuff is getting awfully stale and boring. Dudes must be very very dull upstairs. Come up with another nonsense already.

5 Likes

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by omofunaab(m): 7:17pm On Oct 22, 2016
Igbos you guys are sincere about your biafra.
Majority of us in the west want you to leave our land.
We even deported you back to your villages but you keep trooping back.

You guys need to chose between biafra and pdp.
Because you support pdp more than your biafra and your darling party pdp has told us power will still remain in the north in 2019 and they expect your block votes as usual

4 Likes

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by 93xtr09r: 7:32pm On Oct 22, 2016
omofunaab:

Because you support pdp more than your biafra and your darling party pdp has told us power will still remain in the north in 2019 and they expect your block votes as usual

Frustrated Afonja, stop wailing up and down on NL with your endless lies and hypocrisy. If you and your deluded generation feel that Igbos are occupying ANY of your landed properties simply venture into the streets of Lagos and prove yourselves...just this once.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:32pm On Oct 22, 2016
Hdf
Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by michelz: 7:45pm On Oct 22, 2016
omofunaab:

You talk as if there are no southwesterners living in the SE? Is yours a kind of selective logic or what? Yorubas live and mingle freely in SE yet Igbos don't give a hoot; you don't see them carrying placards about like insecure disadvangaged kids demanding that Yorubas should leave the SE. Ask yourself why you always start throwing tantrums each time Biaf*ra is mentioned. Is it that without Igbos you can't survive? Why can't you demand for your own nation with the northerners that you love to suckle? Why?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by Kingsley10000: 7:46pm On Oct 22, 2016
gidgiddy:

You are from where? From Anambra? Dont make me laugh. There is no Anambra indigene alive that would be calling places like Asaba, Ibusa, Onitsha Ugbo, Okpanam,Isele Uku and rest of them 'SS'. They are all Igbos and very close to Anambra. Only a Yoruba man would be calling those Igbos 'SS'
is ibusa an igbo name,its suppose to be called"igbo uzo "most of these communities even the ones in northern rivers state do deny their igbo identity,i have many of them as frds,they detest being referred as igbos........even in asaba pidgin language is widely spoken there,their children don't answer or speak igbo,they are now changing the name of their streets and town from igboid name or dialect

1 Like

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by omofunaab(m): 7:48pm On Oct 22, 2016
93xtr09r:

Frustrated Afonja, stop wailing up and down on NL with your endless lies and hypocrisy. If you and your deluded generation feel that Igbos are occupying ANY of your landed properties simply venture into the streets of Lagos and prove yourselves...just this once.

See, i have no problem with your biafra
If you want to leave the west, please go, nobody is forcing you to stay.
We flogged your eze, deported you guys back to your villages but you still want to die here.

Is it biafra you want or Pdp in power.

Confused people

4 Likes

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by omofunaab(m): 7:52pm On Oct 22, 2016
Kingsley10000:
is ibusa an igbo name,its suppose to be called"igbo uzo "most of these communities even the ones in northern rivers state do deny their igbo identity,i have many of them as frds,they detest being referred as igbos........even in asaba pidgin language is widely spoken there,their children don't answer or speak igbo,they are now changing the name of their streets and town from igboid name or dialect

1 Like

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by omofunaab(m): 7:53pm On Oct 22, 2016
michelz:
You talk as if there are no southwesterners living in the SE? Is yours a kind of selective logic or what? Yorubas live and mingle freely in SE yet Igbos don't give a hoot; you don't see them carrying placards about like insecure disadvangaged kids demanding that Yorubas should leave the SE. Ask yourself why you always start throwing tantrums each time Biaf*ra is mentioned. Is it that without Igbos you can't survive? Why can't you demand for your own nation with the northerners that you love to suckle? Why?

MR man if you want to leave west, you can leave.
Nobody is forcing you to stay.
Our agitation is different from yours.
We want true federalism and restructuring .

I hate it when you guys say all these rubbish like we are the ones stopping you from seceding. You guys are the greatest obstacle to your freedom
Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by meccuno: 7:55pm On Oct 22, 2016
Kingsley10000:
pidgin is spoken in those places because of its diversity. There are other tribes in deltaa who are not igbo. Pidgin language is widely spoken in the ss because of many tribes there. Stop misinforming yourself.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Preach To Us About Biafra In Calabar- Etakpor Community Vocalizes Biafra by 93xtr09r: 8:00pm On Oct 22, 2016
omofunaab:

See, i have no problem with your biafra
If you want to leave the west, please go, nobody is forcing you to stay.
We flogged your eze, deported you guys back to your villages but you still want to die here.

Is it biafra you want or Pdp in power.

Confused people

Frustrated Afonja, I understand that you hail from an unstable set of repugnant tribalists and hypocrites who are too confused to ever stand for anything good in life.

Igbos owe no apologies to murderous parasites and backstabbers for the manner they choose to seek a separate existence from you greedy hypocrites.

If you and your cowardly Yoruba folks think you are something simply venture into the streets of Lagos and test your stupidity...just this once and see if you and your entire generation of Ab0ki ass-lickers will not go for it.

Despicable Afonjas!

Let me remind you a bit of history: Benjamin Adekunle began his onslaught against Biafr* with about 33,000 soldiers but was demolished and reduced by the gallant Biafrans to a handful of soldiers.

During that 1967-70 civil war, the Yoruba braggart, Benjamin Adekunle a.k.a the Black Scorpion mocked the pope, Red Cross, Caritas, world council of churches, UN etc, and boasted of his killing spree on the Igbo civilians.

And how did his life end on earth?

He died a miserable contractor, he was literary begging for contracts just to feed.
This is a man that ranked higher than IBB, Danjuma, Obasanjo in his hay days in the military. 
The Hausa-Fulanis used him to prosecute the unholy war on Igbos, and they dumped him after mission accomplished. 

The bloody general was stripped off his military title; he was discharged dishonourably without his benefits, till he died he never received a single pension from the Nigerian State. 
The black scorpion ate his own excrement, begging Igbos to pay his medical bill to ease his pains until he chose death in 2014.
What a miserable life!

But before his death Adekunle apologised to the Biafrans for his atrocities. And he owned up by revealing the fact that Yorubas and their Northern co-travellers declared war on Biafra because of crude oil in the Eastern region and not for unity of the country!

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Confirmation: Senate Lifts Embargo On CBN Deputy Governor, MPC Members / Alleged 1.2bn Travelling Budget By Fayemi: APC Fires Back At PDP / Photos From Bola Kuforiji Olubi's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.