Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,970 members, 7,814,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

P0011 2010 Toyota Camry - Camshaft Position 'a' Timing Over-advanced Or System - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / P0011 2010 Toyota Camry - Camshaft Position 'a' Timing Over-advanced Or System (1777 Views)

Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill / 5 Causes Of Timing Chain Noise In Your Car / 8 Signs Your Timing Belt Needs To Be Replaced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

P0011 2010 Toyota Camry - Camshaft Position 'a' Timing Over-advanced Or System by babs11: 12:37am On Oct 23, 2016
P0011 2010 TOYOTA CAMRY - Camshaft Position 'A' Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance Bank 1

What does this mean?

please if any body have idea or knows how to fix the aforementioned error code.

thanks

Re: P0011 2010 Toyota Camry - Camshaft Position 'a' Timing Over-advanced Or System by honmusa(m): 5:42am On Oct 23, 2016
babs11:
P0011 2010 TOYOTA CAMRY - Camshaft Position 'A' Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance Bank 1

What does this mean?

thanks

This issue ranges from faulty timing Assembly,camshaft sensor issue,OCV solenoid ,wiring issue ,faulty vvt actuator or ECM.
The car apparently needs to be fully diagnosed to pinpoint the issue accurately to avoid trial and error.
It you are in Lagos ,contact autologic @08061166316(call/whatsapp) for diagnosis and fix .
Re: P0011 2010 Toyota Camry - Camshaft Position 'a' Timing Over-advanced Or System by mayor2013: 7:58am On Oct 23, 2016
babs11:

What does this mean?

thanks

What repairs have been carried out on your car prior to now

1 Like

Re: P0011 2010 Toyota Camry - Camshaft Position 'a' Timing Over-advanced Or System by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:07pm On Oct 23, 2016
babs11:

What does this mean?

thanks

1st scenario vehicle developed sludge, the blocking the OCV strainer with strainer blocked, timing adjustments will not be possible.

2nd Scenario engine was worked on and timing chain/belt not installed properly.

3rd scenario Faults from vvti assembly, ocv solenoid (very unlikely).

So as the mayor2013 asked, what work has been done on your vehicle?

Re: P0011 2010 Toyota Camry - Camshaft Position 'a' Timing Over-advanced Or System by babs11: 3:44pm On Oct 23, 2016
No repair done on the car prior to now, the mechanic diagnosed yesterday and came up with the code.

yes i live in lagos, I need professional that can fix
Re: P0011 2010 Toyota Camry - Camshaft Position 'a' Timing Over-advanced Or System by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:54pm On Oct 23, 2016
babs11:
No repair done on the car prior to now, the mechanic diagnosed yesterday and came up with the code.

honmusa:

This issue ranges from faulty timing Assembly,camshaft sensor issue,OCV solenoid ,wiring issue ,faulty vvt actuator or ECM.
The car apparently needs to be fully diagnosed to pinpoint the issue accurately to avoid trial and error.
It you are in Lagos ,contact autologic @08061166316(call/whatsapp) for diagnosis and fix .
Re: P0011 2010 Toyota Camry - Camshaft Position 'a' Timing Over-advanced Or System by mayor2013: 8:36pm On Oct 23, 2016
babs11:

Call multi autolab on 08156087872 or 08165520837. To get a solution
Re: P0011 2010 Toyota Camry - Camshaft Position 'a' Timing Over-advanced Or System by babs11: 8:38pm On Oct 24, 2016
Thanks all,

@honmusa thanks so very much for the referral, the issue has been resolved, AUTOlogic is a wonderful place to visit for any auto solution/problem.

what a positive experience.
Re: P0011 2010 Toyota Camry - Camshaft Position 'a' Timing Over-advanced Or System by mayor2013: 9:01pm On Oct 24, 2016
babs11:
Thanks all,

@honmusa thanks so very much for the referral, the issue has been resolved, AUTOlogic is a wonderful place to visit for any auto solution/problem.

That's good to know. So what actually went wrong ? Am opened to learning
Re: P0011 2010 Toyota Camry - Camshaft Position 'a' Timing Over-advanced Or System by honmusa(m): 9:11pm On Oct 24, 2016
babs11:
Thanks all,

You are welcome sir.
Nice serving you !!!
Re: P0011 2010 Toyota Camry - Camshaft Position 'a' Timing Over-advanced Or System by honmusa(m): 7:51am On Oct 25, 2016
mayor2013:

That's good to know. So what actually went wrong ? Am opened to learning
Kazeem !!!! Kazeem!!!Kazeem!!!!
Re: P0011 2010 Toyota Camry - Camshaft Position 'a' Timing Over-advanced Or System by honmusa(m): 7:59am On Oct 25, 2016
honmusa:

Kazeem !!!! Kazeem!!!Kazeem!!!!
car Symptoms :car idling rpm is high (2000),misfiring, performance issue.
Engineer findings;
Engine was overcooled by kazeem ;ects pid was reading too low for all condition around 50 centigrade (fan running direct and thermostat removed) and no issue at all with the vvt system or timing assembly.
Resolution :
Restoring the cooling system to default setting become a fix for the issue.
Such a easy fix for a issue that almost made the op to sell the car .
My personal opinion :
Kazeem especially the rewire cause more problem for cars than the failure that is occurring naturally with cars,and car issues in nigeria will reduce when car owners stop patronizing kazeems.
Re: P0011 2010 Toyota Camry - Camshaft Position 'a' Timing Over-advanced Or System by mayor2013: 11:23am On Oct 25, 2016
honmusa:

car Symptoms :car idling rpm is high (2000),misfiring, performance issue.
Engineer findings;
Engine was overcooled by kazeem ;ects pid was reading too low for all condition around 50 centigrade (fan running direct and thermostat removed) and no issue at all with the vvt system or timing assembly.
Resolution :
Restoring the cooling system to default setting become a fix for the issue.
Such a easy fix for a issue that almost made the op to sell the car .
My personal opinion :
Kazeem especially the rewire cause more problem for cars than the failure that is occurring naturally with cars,and car issues in nigeria will reduce when car owners stop patronizing kazeems.

This is serious. Kazeem kazeem kazeem !!! How many times I call you grin

(1) (Reply)

My Car Is Displaying Check Engine Light On Dashboard / Brand New Mercedes Benz G Wagon 2019 Available! / Corolla 09 Catalytic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.