Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,539 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill (2945 Views)

REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / American Automotive Technician Training Live In Lagos / American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by Agbabiakara: 4:20pm On Nov 20, 2019
Today's automotive industry has come a long way. Automobiles of today has upwards of 20 modules interconnected in a network. Diagnosing these vehicles accurately sometimes require the use of digital storage Oscilloscope(DSO), especially for catching intermittent problems.

This thread is for automotive technician who is advanced scope user to one who aspires to get one to come together and share waveforms and how the problem of the waveform was resolved. Also, to share known good waveforms, share knowledge of areas one has strength in and so on. We may even go to the length of bringing a foreigner in to lecture us on difficult area we may identify as the thread grows. I have knowledge of in-cylinder waveform analysis which i intend to improve on through sharing. Let us come together to become better.
Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by ControlModule(f): 4:58pm On Nov 20, 2019
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet....
nice one... this will sure be an interesting thread..

autoelectng radautoworks trygo honmusa and the rest of our diagnosis gurus...

you're all welcome here ooo
Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by autologic: 7:49pm On Nov 20, 2019
Long overdue
Autologic has been reaping the benefit of scope diagnosis way back
https://www.nairaland.com/5108470/abs-wahala#77141823
Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by autologic: 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2019
Unfortunately ,this is a thread not for DIY or car enthusiasts but for high level tech head cos of the skill level involved ( Mathematics and strong electrical science) and very expensive equipment ,hence might not receive the much needed participation it requires cos it is complex subject , however this is a thread for the future tech that is willing to break new ground and open new frontiers
Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by autologic: 7:20am On Nov 21, 2019
The power of scope diagnosis is simply out of this world .With a single captured clean waveform taken within few minute ,so much rich information can be gotten with 100% accuracy of the condition of the engine .(compression , timing,valve, battery,kick starter etc ) even before the symptoms started to manifest itself ,all with just a single clean waveform without removing even a pin from the tested vehicle.

Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by Agbabiakara: 11:15am On Nov 21, 2019
Great to know that some techs have been enjoying the benefits of scope diagnosis. Thanks for sharing @autologic
Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by dicksonadams(m): 11:44am On Nov 21, 2019
Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by Agbabiakara: 12:15pm On Nov 21, 2019
Thanks @ dicksonadams. Using a scope can make diagnosis so easy if one truly understands the language the acquired waveform is speaking.
Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by autologic: 2:29pm On Nov 21, 2019
What makes labscope the best thing that has ever happen to automotive industry ,
Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by empron(m): 3:53pm On Nov 21, 2019
autologic:
What makes labscope the best thing that has ever happen to automotive industry ,
The best ever,when u run a scan on a module with no code and their is fault present.Scope waveform is superd and accurate especially when I am troubleshooting "crank but no start on nissan cars their cam and crank sensor can give headache.
Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by ControlModule(f): 5:12pm On Nov 21, 2019
empron:

The best ever,when u run a scan on a module with no code and their is fault present.Scope waveform is superd and accurate especially when I am troubleshooting "crank but no start on nissan cars their cam and crank sensor can give headache.
wow.. this is beautiful
can you possibly share some shots of some of your diagnosis?
Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2019
To diy and other car enthusiasts. If you want to learn to use car oscilloscopes just spend your money on getting a very high end scan tool. Most of them come equipped with lab scopes. Tools like the Bosch kts and ADS 625 come with oscilloscopes as standard.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by ControlModule(f): 5:45pm On Nov 21, 2019
tensazangetsu20:
To diy and other car enthusiasts. If you want to learn to use car oscilloscopes just spend your money on getting a very high end scan tool. Most of them come equipped with lab scopes. Tools like the Bosch kts and ADS 625 come with oscilloscopes as standard.

dont you think such scan tools are too costly for DIYers?
certain things are just to be left for the professionals....

1 Like

Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:06pm On Nov 21, 2019
ControlModule:

dont you think such scan tools are too costly for DIYers?
certain things are just to be left for the professionals....
How many professionals in Nigeria use an oscilloscope. Besides a multimeter and a normal scan tool will suffice for 90 percent of car troubles. With an oscilloscope you are going very far.
Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by autologic: 7:30pm On Nov 21, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

How many professionals in Nigeria use an oscilloscope. Besides a multimeter and a normal scan tool will suffice for 90 percent of car troubles. With an oscilloscope you are going very far.
Depending on kind of issue you take on and brand of car , normal meter will never suffice if you deal with luxury brand and complex issues communication issues .

1 Like

Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by autologic: 7:40pm On Nov 21, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

I respectfully disagree with the bolded cos my labscope is one of my best investment which I cannot do without and is one of the best thing that has ever happen to automotive world .
Imagine having equipment with same power of the vehicle designer and manufacturer ,it all about your perspective on how far you want to see and get to in the industry.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:10pm On Nov 21, 2019
autologic:

Depending on kind of issue you take on and brand of car , normal meter will never suffice if you deal with luxury brand and complex issues
Yeah but how many luxury cars are in Nigeria? No be piece of shit corollas and Camry full ground for here. What do you wanna fix with an oscilloscope on a corolla.
Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by autologic: 8:45pm On Nov 21, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah but how many luxury cars are in Nigeria? No be piece of shit corollas and Camry full ground for here. What do you wanna fix with an oscilloscope on a corolla.
Likei It depend on how far u want to go in the industry ,I deal mostly with the so called few luxury brand like benz , Audi ,VAG etc ,they challenge my knowledge and pay for my time and will hopefully take on the EV like Tesla and the likes very soon . Corolla is not my thing cos I am bore with the blandness
If want to remain a corolla technician ,this thread is not for you
Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by Billiebaba(m): 9:10pm On Nov 21, 2019
Oscilloscope gives precise and accurate values of variables with respect to time. With that you can precisely know when a particular event occurs and how it affects other functions. If you really know how to use it.
Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:15pm On Nov 21, 2019
autologic:

Likei It depend on how far u want to go in the industry ,I deal mostly with the few luxury brand like benz , Audi etc ,they challenge my knowledge and pay for my time and will hopefully take on the EV like Tesla and the likes very soon . Corolla is not my thing cos I am bore with the blandness

If I may ask, what was your field before you ventured into automotive diagnosis. Or did you learn it all by yourself.
Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by autologic: 9:27pm On Nov 21, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

If I may ask, what was your field before you ventured into automotive diagnosis. Or did you learn it all by yourself.
My background is Electrical/ Electronics engineering with more than a decade experience working as IT infrastructure/unix engineer in various multinational before venturing into automobile .
And getting into automobile ,I can still see it still the same science and engineering analysis .
CAN Communication protocol and computer network still share lot of similarities .
No biggie ,it all about training , training , training and challenging the status quo

1 Like

Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by Billiebaba(m): 9:27pm On Nov 21, 2019
autologic:

Likei It depend on how far u want to go in the industry ,I deal mostly with the few luxury brand like benz , Audi etc ,they challenge my knowledge and pay for my time and will hopefully take on the EV like Tesla and the likes very soon . Corolla is not my thing cos I am bore with the blandness
Boss I want you to be my mentor, I'm a student, I also repair cars as well, and I love to face challenging problems, especially with CANBUS systems.
Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by thebigkendo(m): 9:28pm On Nov 21, 2019
Billiebaba:
Oscilloscope gives precise and accurate values of variables with respect to time. With that you can precisely know when a particular event occurs and how it affects other functions. If you really know how to use it.

Funny..yesterday I was doing my YouTube rounds and came across a video of DiagnoseDan diagnosing a BMW with a scope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF3s0uZ7ok0

1 Like

Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:32pm On Nov 21, 2019
autologic:

My background is Electrical/ Electronics engineering with more than a decade experience working as IT infrastructure/unix engineer in various multinational before venturing into automobile .
And getting into automobile ,I can still see it still the same science and engineering analysis .
CAN Communication protocol and computer network still share lot of similarities ,

Nice so you didn't become an apprentice or anything.
Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by Billiebaba(m): 9:32pm On Nov 21, 2019
thebigkendo:

Funny..yesterday I was doing my YouTube rounds and came across a video of DiagnoseDan diagnosing a BMW with a scope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF3s0uZ7ok0
I really learnt alot from this guy, I've watched most of his videos.
Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by autologic: 9:37pm On Nov 21, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

No ,it about training , training and training .
Maybe my background and network gave some leverage .

1 Like

Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by Billiebaba(m): 9:39pm On Nov 21, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

Someone with solid background in electrical/electronics Engineering doesn't need to be an apprentice, because he was one a student to lecturers. That alone is enough.
Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by autologic: 9:41pm On Nov 21, 2019
Billiebaba:
Boss I want you to be my mentor, I'm a student, I also repair cars as well, and I love to face challenging problems, especially with CANBUS systems.
You are welcome anytime but I will advice you work very hard on your basic electrical design knowledge and skill ,cos that is the gateway to CAN communication system knowledge .
I teach my students to be analysts and designers and not mere technician and as a analysts ,the sky is your limit ,and can take on any brand .

1 Like

Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by autologic: 10:14pm On Nov 21, 2019
Let get back to the rudiment of the thread
Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by dicksonadams(m): 10:52pm On Nov 21, 2019
I love autologic
Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by autologic: 6:16am On Nov 22, 2019
dicksonadams:
I love autologic
Thanks Bros ,love you too ,hope your car issues have been sorted .
Re: Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill by dicksonadams(m): 6:42am On Nov 22, 2019
autologic:

Thanks Bros ,love you too ,hope your car issues have been sorted .

Everything sorted apart from airbag light

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let's Know Your Dream RIDE / Camry Constantly Jerking And Revving Crazily Before Changing Gears / Does SILCA SBB Key Programmer Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.