Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria (18981 Views)

Help On Galleria Descriptin / How Expensive Is Nigeria At Present? / Silverbird Galleria Opens In Abuja! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by swing: 12:08am On Mar 08, 2007
cool
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by maki(f): 9:36am On Mar 08, 2007
Ice skating in Naija? cool sha
but so many people will loss their teeth before perfection grin
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by Gheorghe(m): 10:11am On Mar 08, 2007
intrestin,hop it's standard enough not to melt.
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by LoverBwoy(m): 2:54pm On Mar 08, 2007
maki shocked shocked
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by nazzyon(m): 8:33pm On Mar 08, 2007
The one designed in Dubai surrrounded by shopping Malls didnot melt why would the one here melt. If the machine keeps running it is good to go.

I will be there sometime before the month runs out.
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by Constantin: 11:53am On Mar 09, 2007
Again we are all still waiting for the photos, only seeing is believing!
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by Icon(m): 5:39pm On Mar 09, 2007
Wonders shall never end. I must go check it out this weekend.
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by pannyman(m): 6:49pm On Mar 09, 2007
I wonder why Silverbird has not been hyping it up
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by 9ja4eva: 7:12am On Mar 10, 2007
Thats nice oh if its true.
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by kellorah: 8:45pm On Mar 10, 2007
wetin i no go hear? shocked
ice skating, in 9ja?? grin
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by chichimma(f): 1:58am On Mar 11, 2007
It is a good idea, however I wonder if it is going to bring any revenue with all the costs that have to be made with Nepa situation. Not many Africans like to (ice) skate, I guess is more a thing of the Western Society. That does not mean that it can't work with the right marketing and promotions it can even become a hype among the wealthy people in Nigeria.

Ice skating is not my thing. I have never tried it. I am more of a rollerskate person. Do they have anything like that in Nigeria: a hall where people can rollerskate while listening music, disco rollerskating? I think something like that will be great for Naija also the expenses are much lesser cheesy
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by Constantin: 12:58pm On Mar 11, 2007
It is a good idea, however I wonder if it is going to bring any revenue with all the costs that have to be made with Nepa situation. Not many Africans like to (ice) skate, I guess is more a thing of the Western Society. That does not mean that it can't work with the right marketing and promotions it can even become a hype among the wealthy people in Nigeria.

Do you think that people in Kenya are not Africans? They have a olympic size ice-rink there and it is da´bomb, Ivoirians went skating already in the 70´s on a huge ice-skating rink in Abidjan at that time. Do you think that Arabs who are Beduins (nomands desret people) are made to take their snowboards and enter an ENTIRE SKI WORLD WITH SLOPES AND LIFTS??
Do you think that South East Asians are made for ice-skating? Same temperature like Naija but you will find many ice-sakting rinks all throughout Asia, even India opens up and you will even find ice-sakting rinks there now. grin grin grin

We no longer live in the 50´s but in the 21 century. wink winkLET´S OPEN UP A BIT! (Taht doesn´t mean to throw away our own culture), We have to integrate the Best of the West and retain our own culture smiley smiley kiss

OK, having said that where are the pictures? We are all still waiting or was is just one big joke?
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by agnesoseka: 5:49pm On Mar 11, 2007
debosky: ur funni.
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by bigtt76(f): 11:39pm On Mar 11, 2007
@ Romeo
So u no get skating gear be4 2 use for jand, na becos u hear of ice rink 4 naija u wan but new one? i bow 4 u o!!! No be all of us be mumu shawink
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by Eastcoast(f): 2:13am On Mar 12, 2007
I think itz a great idea. WE need to expand our horizons.
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by 9ja4eva: 4:09am On Mar 12, 2007
Yeah it is.
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by dblock(m): 8:04am On Mar 12, 2007
[size=14pt]Pictures?[/size] undecided
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by Cactus(m): 8:51pm On Mar 12, 2007
i personally dont see the reason why silverbird should hype this up. from the few people discussing this in a forum like this and with friends, the words is definitely going to spread like a wildfire. free marketing and promotion.

think about just the fact that ice rink in nigeria, everybody's reaction will be like is it true, have you heard, and it keeps going on and on.

free viral marketing
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by spoilt(f): 9:06pm On Mar 12, 2007
about time. we dont have anything.
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by dblock(m): 8:20am On Mar 13, 2007
spoilt:

about time. we don't have anything.

hmmmmmmmm angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by chichimma(f): 3:05pm On Mar 13, 2007
Constantin:

Do you think that people in Kenya are not Africans? They have a olympic size ice-rink there and it is da´bomb, Ivoirians went skating already in the 70´s on a huge ice-skating rink in Abidjan at that time.

If you compare football or running on tracks it is less popular than ice skate!!! That is why I said I don't think many Africans like ice-skate. (maybe now because of the hype with dancing on ice with stars) However, that does not indicate that they cannot love it! I think it is a good idea as I mentioned in my first response.

How much does it cost? I can tell that their target are wealthy people for this leisure. Watching a movie at Silverbird is very expensive talkless of the ice-skating rink. Rich people back home dey enjoy ooo.
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by 9ja4eva: 4:29am On Mar 14, 2007
LOL.Abi oh Silverbird dey expensive
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by miky(m): 3:32pm On Mar 14, 2007
naija people too dey yarn and why anytime something happen, people go redirect issue to infastructure, poverty and negative sheet. if you cannot contribute to nigeria that u have only bad views of, why care. let those good souls develop their country. this boosts tourism, now for people wey won enter the sport rep naija this is their opportunity. besides its private driven, the smart man sees something unique why not.
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by LoverBwoy(m): 3:45pm On Mar 14, 2007
We no longer live in the 50´s but in the 21 century.   winkLET´S OPEN UP A BIT! (Taht doesn´t mean to throw away our own culture), We have to integrate the Best of the West and retain our own culture

Yes o! I can wear babariga and agbada to go skating @ silverbird  grin
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by kellorah: 6:17pm On Mar 14, 2007
LoverBwoy:

Yes o! I can wear babariga and agbada to go skating @ silverbird grin

all in the name of culture grin
lmfao,

i can't wait!! i'd like to c the pics first, until then, undecided
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by bodun(f): 7:32pm On Mar 14, 2007
all of una dey crack me up grin tongue
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 14, 2007
this is just ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

has anyone BEEN to silverbird.

I repeat IT IS NOT AN ICE RINK, there is no ice there and very rarely any skating. Its just a flat surface not larger than an medium sized living room in the the centre of the SILVERBIRD GALLERIA.

Nothing to celebrate no to talk of start a thread on.
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by OmoEko1(f): 9:39pm On Mar 14, 2007
salsera:

this is just ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

has anyone BEEN to silverbird.

I repeat IT IS NOT AN ICE RINK, there is no ice there and very rarely any skating. Its just a flat surface not larger than an medium sized living room in the the centre of the SILVERBIRD GALLERIA.

Nothing to celebrate no to talk of start a thread on.
lol, u damn right i asked my boyfriend he said they got no ice rink.
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by kellorah: 9:41pm On Mar 14, 2007
lmfao cheesy

and i was kinda looking forward to @ least, seeing pics of it

silverbird, go siddon,
i'm glad there isn't one
when i come, i'll build mine
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by OmoEko1(f): 9:43pm On Mar 14, 2007
kellofish:

lmfao cheesy

and i was kind of looking forward to @ least, seeing pics of it

silverbird, go siddon,
i'm glad there isn't one
when i come, i'll build mine
same here to oh, i was thinking to myself that when i come to Naija this summer i will go there are ice skate, i was so disappointed when i was told it was a lie
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by waleleader(m): 10:53pm On Mar 14, 2007
@omoeko,
so u are going to naija in summer ? Na im be say we go jam

@kellorah, wetin u do Seun? why did he change ur name? i still read ur post today and it was still kellorah that i saw
Re: Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria by OmoEko1(f): 11:00pm On Mar 14, 2007
walelead:

@omoeko,
so u are going to naija in summer ? Na im be say we go jam

jam for where, i don't think u can party with moi in the VIP section cheesy cheesy cheesy. hummmmmmmm i will think about it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud / Libya Returnees Reject Edo Govt N1000 Transport Fares / Katsina Begins Door-to-door Search For Lagos, Abuja Returnees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.