Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,293 members, 7,818,990 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Why Are You Really Going To Church Today? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are You Really Going To Church Today? (5736 Views)

Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? / Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are You Really Going To Church Today? by QuietHammer(m): 11:38am On Oct 23, 2016
As an organist, I have no choice
Re: Why Are You Really Going To Church Today? by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 23, 2016
For show off
Re: Why Are You Really Going To Church Today? by thowbie7ven(m): 11:50am On Oct 23, 2016
To charge my new iphone7...
Re: Why Are You Really Going To Church Today? by heryourjay(m): 11:51am On Oct 23, 2016
edudguy:
I have a lot of questions about God...Church comes closest to answering it and because God did something to me that still makes me thank him everyday....I don't always believe in miracles too much but The Man upstairs did something for me that still makes me marvel

Hmmm...Can you tell us what he did for You?
Re: Why Are You Really Going To Church Today? by frubben(m): 12:36pm On Oct 23, 2016
Who sus (church) Don epp mtweeeeee
Re: Why Are You Really Going To Church Today? by petsey(m): 12:37pm On Oct 23, 2016
To give him all the thanks for saving sumone like me DAT don't even deserve being alive.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Really Going To Church Today? by ochubaebube(m): 1:24pm On Oct 23, 2016
OP nice thread. majority of church goers go to church because of some of the following reasons:
1) To rock their new outfits
2) To be seen as members of a particular religious denomination since society abhors non-religious members or rather non-church goers as being evil.
3) To please societal norms
4) To please parents and guardians
5) As an avenue to mingle with the hope of finding a " sister or brother in the Lord" for relationship or marriage purposes

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You Really Going To Church Today? by iamkingzlee(m): 1:32pm On Oct 23, 2016
To justify "going to church". I actually go to church cos it's the only time i dedicate that much of my time in God's presence
Re: Why Are You Really Going To Church Today? by warmachine(m): 1:39pm On Oct 23, 2016
veekid:
Cos I need to rock my new Yeezy and to flaunt my new gadget to my new bae #grin

Very wrong reason
Re: Why Are You Really Going To Church Today? by warmachine(m): 2:09pm On Oct 23, 2016
To honour God,to be strengthen and be strengthened,to partake of the joy his presence(praise and worship). ...and in return He blesses us....I think I just met my wife today...I just know its her...lol grin...the girl is a true worshipper I could feel it...u see thats my blessing
Re: Why Are You Really Going To Church Today? by warmachine(m): 2:12pm On Oct 23, 2016
QuietHammer:
As an organist, I have no choice

Please have choice....choose honour God and receive for Him...ur sacrifice and skill is wilorthless without this
Re: Why Are You Really Going To Church Today? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 23, 2016
A friend invited me to her church...,
Re: Why Are You Really Going To Church Today? by MrPRevailer(m): 4:27pm On Oct 23, 2016
edudguy:
I have a lot of questions about God...Church comes closest to answering it and because God did something to me that still makes me thank him everyday....I don't always believe in miracles too much but The Man upstairs did something for me that still makes me marvel

hmm. You don't believe in miracles too much?
Come to The Lord's Chosen@Ijesha Headquaters. It's the place God has prepared for you.

You have questions? Ask me anytime. You can also create a thread and mention my name. I will come and answer your questions. I have been a Christian since birth. From my childhood, I loved the stories of the bible. As I grew I started reading the new testament. And God has given me great understanding of his word. And I can discern falsehood from false teachers or false doctrines by his Grace.
Re: Why Are You Really Going To Church Today? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 23, 2016
Because, I'm scared that if I don't, I'll go to hell. grin grin grin
Africa has been brainwashed!
Re: Why Are You Really Going To Church Today? by ayedunbunmi(m): 8:16pm On Oct 23, 2016
2 meet God live.....lobatan
Re: Why Are You Really Going To Church Today? by TemmyWon(f): 9:45pm On Oct 23, 2016
hahn:
To pay money to fuel my pastor's jet and add new suits to his wardrobe because I am so stupid that I believe that an illiterate carpenter, who never existed, died for my sins in ancient impoverished Israel.

smiley
I'm fine wt it if you think Jesus isn't Lord and saviour but saying he never existed is illiteracy and unwillingness to learn. the facts are there, he was HERE, He lived and still lives
Re: Why Are You Really Going To Church Today? by Bandeco(m): 7:38am On Oct 24, 2016
TemmyWon:
I'm fine wt it if you think Jesus isn't Lord and saviour but saying he never existed is illiteracy and unwillingness to learn. the facts are there, he was HERE, He lived and still lives
Pray tell?

Just give me one evidence that such a man existed apart from what u have been indoctrinated since u were a child and what u read in the bible - A book written by primitive goat herders in the stone ages
Re: Why Are You Really Going To Church Today? by edudguy(m): 9:01am On Oct 24, 2016
heryourjay:

Hmmm...Can you tell us what he did for You?

Okay, I wrote a school Direct Entry exam and was the highest in my department..was so happy and I said to myself surely they (the school) will pick me but lo and behold early this year my Aunt who works in the school called and gave the Chief Exam Officer the phone the next thing I heard was 'unfortunately you can't be considered for admission because you don't have a science subject try again next year' I nearly died immediately heat all over my body. Mind you I had a science subject in another of my Waec I just did not need it because I thought to myself Political Science does not need a Science subject so I did not combine results...To cut the story short I had to submit the Waec after the HOD said admissin had been given...All hope was lost but at the end I was given admission mind you if the School had released the admission list last year my admissin would've gone...I am still dumbfounded

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Really Going To Church Today? by TemmyWon(f): 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2016
Bandeco:

Pray tell?

Just give me one evidence that such a man existed apart from what u have been indoctrinated since u were a child and what u read in the bible - A book written by primitive goat herders in the stone ages
Google it, facts that proof the existence of Jesus c the movie "God's not dead" for more. if you can't believe the Bible you have no right to believe Socrates. Most atheists have trust issues anyway

(1) (2) (Reply)

Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? / Information: Evidence Of A Creator. / Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.