Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare (18652 Views)

Tunde Bakare's Latter Rain Assembly Changes Name To Dominion Hall Citadel Global / Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks / ATM Installed At Pastor Tunde Bakare's Church In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by femi4: 12:19pm On Oct 24, 2016
EazyMoh:

Be sincere to yourself, of the contributed tithe what fraction goes into those humanitarian activities?
It's aid donations to IDPs where the majority is looted.
What are you saying? I m not even referring to IDPs, the Church has done so much and still doing more.

I know you ll be blinded to graded roads, Prison visitation, motherless home visitation, missionaries etc

1 Like

Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by Ecsusia(m): 12:20pm On Oct 24, 2016
EHMIR:
Go and tell redeemers university,covenant,bowen universities to reduce their school n other fees to 25k.

Then u ve spoken sense...now..just gerrarahia
Were you ever forced to attend the schools?
Or the money used to fund it stolen from your pocket?
You can answer sincerely to these questions or do what most barbarians do........insult me!
Anybody can just, in a typical show of cowardice raise up arms on nairaland.
If the members are not complaining, why you?
And if the members are....
Its their church and their money.
Again, none of your business.
By the way, you can show the 25k private university you built.
#eyes him spitefully.
Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by ThumbzTNA(m): 12:23pm On Oct 24, 2016
columbus007:
cheesy but you are already giving seun nah tongue

I said 'In the name of pastor'.
Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by abbey086(m): 12:23pm On Oct 24, 2016
EazyMoh:

You mean Zakat. Well Zakat is no way near tithe in similarity.
I know you but for the sake of others reading here's a summary.
For a Muslim to be qualified to pay zakat he must keep a minimum of N641,770 or its equivalent in other currency (called Nisab) for a complete one year. This condition alone excludes 80% of Nigerian Muslims.
Out of that he only pays 2.5%, and it's never given to any Imam, Alfa or whoever! It's strictly given out to the needy, orphans, and others.
Zakat is opposite Tithe, Zakat is from the rich to the poor, while tithe is from the poor to the rich!
I love the way you analysed it.

3 Likes

Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by 4nobody4every1: 12:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
MuttleyLaff:

Amigos, even if the church allow its members to keep their tithes and first fruits, towards the money be used more productively, nothing will change,
because the recession in the country is caused by years of reckless governance and wickedness perpetuated in high places

It will be more money for thieving fingers and grubby hands to grab, chop and clean mouth from
and the status quo, if not worsening, will remain the same, unless the evil and morally wrong practice of government officials, top party members, top army personnels etcetera enriching themselves at the country's citizens and voters expense is curbed.

The church can bail Nigeria out of recession, ONLY, if it begins reorienting the people for an indiscriminate and total realisation of 2 Chronicles 7:14

However, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves, pray, search for me, and turn from their wicked ways,
then I will hear [their prayer] from heaven, forgive their sins, and heal their country

- 2 Chronicles 7:14
Well said wink
Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by EazyMoh(m): 12:27pm On Oct 24, 2016
femi4:
What are you saying? I m not even referring to IDPs, the Church has done so much and still doing more.

I know you ll be blinded to graded roads, Prison visitation, motherless home visitation, missionaries etc
Am not saying they don't do such things, they do, a lot! and may the Almighty reward them.
But what am saying is if you take the total amount of tithes paid by Nigerians more than half is used by the pastors to buy cars, jets mansions some even celebrate birthdays on yatches.
Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by falaxy(m): 12:35pm On Oct 24, 2016

Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by nizetee: 12:46pm On Oct 24, 2016
gurunlocker:

People be talking like only church take tithe, don't muslims pay tithe? I forgot the name they call theirs......

Zac cat!
Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by Abdulazeez007(m): 12:51pm On Oct 24, 2016
menxer:
As If The Church Is Different From Nigerians.

Is There Any God-inspired Economic Principle being Used by Any Church That We Can Go Take A Look at?

Our Vice President is a Pastor of no small standing, so what?
as far tithe go enter, nothing else.
Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by Saheed69(m): 12:53pm On Oct 24, 2016
gurunlocker:

People be talking like only church take tithe, don't muslims pay tithe? I forgot the name they call theirs......

Muslim call it ZAKAT. ZAKAT is only 2.5% of your total savings in a year.

so don't compare ZAKAT with Tithe
Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by Saheed69(m): 12:56pm On Oct 24, 2016
nizetee:

Zac cat!
Let me assume you don't no the spelling. it's called ZAKAT
Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by nizetee: 12:59pm On Oct 24, 2016
Princelegacylemoha:
HOW WILL THE CHURCH BAIL A COUNTRY .
IS IT BY PRAYERS
OR BY OFFERINGS

If the church should reveal how much it has, not one of its members will ever pay tithe and offerings.

If the church are to withdraw all their monies from the banks, many banks will close down, many will marge shocked
Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by MrPresident1: 1:10pm On Oct 24, 2016
Which stupid recession? Nothing like recession in Nigeria, the Nigerian economy is largely unstructured, in fact structure-less!

They have found the perfect word to use in enslaving you stupid Nigerians.

Recession ko, secession no.
Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by kvngveektour(m): 1:16pm On Oct 24, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
FG should ban religion then we will begin to think like humans and use our brains for sustainable development

I weep for u.hv u seen ur brain b4

1 Like

Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by 4watever: 1:39pm On Oct 24, 2016
menxer:

Is There Any God-inspired Economic Principle being Used by Any Church That We Can Go Take A Look at?

You, my man, are ignorant
Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by Empiree: 1:46pm On Oct 24, 2016
menxer:

Forward this to pastor Bakare to read. ....and to tell us how church would take the country out of recession?.

http://naijagists.com/pastor-insists-gej-gave-can-n7billion-to-bribe-nigerian-pastors-preaching-pro-gej-sermons/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by funsjay: 1:48pm On Oct 24, 2016
the church can help in this hard time by using the money collected to invest in member of the church, through education, business opportunity and entrepreneural skill acquisition etc
Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by fakati(m): 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2016
Sure,by empower the general public financially.
Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by bluelagos: 2:10pm On Oct 24, 2016
omowumeee:
grin the church will ask its members for more tithes, offerings pledge to prevent/cast out every spirit of recession in their lives..

grin you are so on point there omowumeee.

But on a general note, don't mind Pastor Tunde Bakare. If a billionaire church like winners chapel steps up to loan Nigeria money or something like that, he will be the first person to say Oyedepo stole the money from his members bla bla
Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by chiraqDemon(m): 2:26pm On Oct 24, 2016
Church can do nothing
Depending on religion and prayers with lazy leaders led us here in the first place

We need better economic strategies n stuff
Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by fakati(m): 2:29pm On Oct 24, 2016
[quote author=gurunlocker post=50466065]

People be talking like only church take tithe, don't muslims pay tithe? I forgot the name they call theirs...... [Muslims pay their tithes direct to the poor and needy]
Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by fakati(m): 2:39pm On Oct 24, 2016
Empiree:
Forward this to pastor Bakare to read. ....and to tell us how church would take the country out of recession?.

http://naijagists.com/pastor-insists-gej-gave-can-n7billion-to-bribe-nigerian-pastors-preaching-pro-gej-sermons/
Its true that what CAN was reduced under the watch of Oritsajafo is nothing to write home about a christian body that is sold completely to the politics of PDP,the 7billion shared among them of what impact on the poor?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by chiraqDemon(m): 2:46pm On Oct 24, 2016
Junior66:

and u tink 25k is enuf to power their generators and pay half of their staff?
Well the tithes and offerings and donations from across the country are

Chueches are just concerned with having the most beautiful auditoriums and stuff
They wouldnt even allow a homeless man to sleep in the compound

1 Like

Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by Hanibal(m): 3:20pm On Oct 24, 2016
I guess the realm in which pastor Tunde Baker spoke from is too high for nairalanders to understand.
Reading through the comments, no one seem to understand him... It's a pity that most Christians don't really understand who they are.
Too much prosperity, heaven and hell preachings has clogged their understanding.

What Tunde Bakare is talking about in simple terms is the MIND OF CHRIST THAT WE POSSES , the mind that will bring heaven inspired, supernatural solutions to the economic problems we are facing.
The kind of mind Daniel possessed in Babylon, the kind of mind Joseph possessed in Egypt.

He was in no way talking about tithes and offerings!
Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by EHMIR(m): 3:39pm On Oct 24, 2016
Ecsusia:

Were you ever forced to attend the schools?
Or the money used to fund it stolen from your pocket?
You can answer sincerely to these questions or do what most barbarians do........insult me!
Anybody can just, in a typical show of cowardice raise up arms on nairaland.
If the members are not complaining, why you?
And if the members are....
Its their church and their money.
Again, none of your business.
By the way, you can show the 25k private university you built.
#eyes him spitefully.
i was going to ignore this,but i have to correct ur ignorance..

Pls,how many families from the middle class nd lower class,who constistute about 80% of the church memebers are represented in this churches

Yet these church members pay tithes nd offerings that are part of the money used to run nd maintain these schools,yet their children cant attend such sch...whats the usefulness of these schools even to majority of the church members
Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by Forwetinnah: 3:44pm On Oct 24, 2016
Na turu...make boooooohari collect the money finish, share am amongst him Kunu cabal then arrest the GOs of the said Churches. No church or its pastors can be that stupid...not in this dispensation
Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by Anjelus(m): 5:42pm On Oct 24, 2016
Seun:
The church could allow its members to keep their tithes and first fruits so the money will be used more productively in the useful-stuff economy.
Just as you can allow people to make free advertisement, because Nigerians are fond of persecuting the Church for everything while they hold on to their own destructive and shylock bills for survival. We should learn to remove the logs in our faces before removing the spec in other peoples faces. The people paying the tithes are not fools and they are not complaining.
Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by fmlala: 6:13pm On Oct 24, 2016
I agreed, the Church can train the willing unemployed youth on entrepreneurship and give them starting capital. By doing this, the recession itself will go on holiday.

1 Like

Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by Ecsusia(m): 8:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
EHMIR:
i was going to ignore this,but i have to correct ur ignorance..

Pls,how many families from the middle class nd lower class,who constistute about 80% of the church memebers are represented in this churches
your level of confusion is staggering.
And as per the issue of ignorance,
The empty barrel makes the loudest noise.
#peace.
Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by brojoshua: 8:41pm On Oct 24, 2016
The 'church' is part of what lead Nigeria into recession by the prosperity preachers who equipped and anointed there members to join in looting Nigerian and to come and pay tithes of their loots and also to support the building of their camps and church building: their heaven on earth. The true church in a nation will lead her nation into prosperity by first showing good example of truth, righteousness, mercy and justice and also teaching the people of her nation to live such a life. And when God see the people of the nation living the right life then God will bless such a nation. The corrupt 'church' cannot lead anyone to prosperity but only into recession. The 'church' became prosperous when Nigeria was very corrupt, just as other crooked people, parties and groups became prosperous with people common wealth. The false church in Nigeria preached lies to loot from the gullible who themselves looted the and got their own part of the loots and so became prosperous. The false church that looted from looters can't willingly return what they too looted except only by EFCC probe and drilling.
Re: The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare by brojoshua: 9:07pm On Oct 24, 2016
The false church became prosperous with earthly wealth by corruption in a corrupt country. It is only by probing of the false church and false pastors and the false followers who are gullible from whom they got money by EFCC. The false church love money and it can't give out what it too got by deceits unless only by force.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If You Miss HEAVEN, Who Will You Blame? / What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? / Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.