Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? (18636 Views)

Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member / The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service / What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 22, 2023
Please don't laugh.... I remember so many years ago in church, it was a vigil. I was sleeping and the next thing I heard was "come out"....

I came out and everyone was laughing, it was then I knew that those that were asked to come out, were those who are pregnant, and those expecting the fruit of the womb... I was so embarrassed...

My seat became far from the pulpit, in my mind.. Fada lurd let the ground just swallow me. Kai.

Please share your experience

127 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 22, 2023
I followed my friend to a deeper life church and the agbaya pastor sent me home because of my dressing saying it was too short. cheesy

25 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by GoWithGood: 2:28pm On Apr 22, 2023
Here to read comment
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Westerhoffe(m): 2:29pm On Apr 22, 2023
Here to read truths, dares and lies.

11 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by AchrafHakimi: 2:48pm On Apr 22, 2023
My prick stood

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Wawelexy(m): 3:18pm On Apr 22, 2023
Came out as a first timer in one particular church that I seldomly go cos of freebies, never knew one usher would recognise me cos I thought I had attended the church long ago... The lady acted like a monitoring spirit, told me the colour of clothes I wore the last time I came, and that I also came with a friend, that she was the one who attended to us by writing down our names.... Omo I remain dumb....last last dem still give me fried rice and Miranda.. This was during school days.

187 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Goalnaldo(m): 3:52pm On Apr 22, 2023
Adebisi0070:
Please don't laugh.... I remember so many years ago in church, it was a vigil. I was sleeping and the next thing I heard was "come out".... I came out and everyone was laughing, it was then I knew that those that were asked to come out, were those who are pregnant, and those expecting the fruit of the womb... I was so embarrassed... My seat became far from the pulpit, in my mind.. Fada lurd let the ground just swallow me. Kai
Please share your experience
lol, you don come out from your temporary confinement. How you dey

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Tallesty1(m): 4:31pm On Apr 22, 2023
My own wasn't embarrassing, it was funny.

I am not a fan of dancing in the church, whether it is worship, praises or offering time. If clapping hand no do you, leave am.

So it was my first Sunday service in the church and everyone was dancing except me. The pastor's wife was leading the praises and I was on my feet as usual, but I was not dancing. Just clapping and moving my legs to and fro, big uncle style. That is not the kinda dancing they wanted.

So the woman was observing me and I noticed it.

She was like make a joyful noise unto the Lord Jesus... People shouted. I don't do that too. She noticed that I didn't shout and came to me and said.

"Brother, you are not dancing"

I nodded yes.

"You don't know how to dance?"

I nodded yes.

She started dancing in my front in hope that I would join her but I wasn't moved so she danced back to the alter.

Moments later she was like jump up for Jesus.

I stayed glued to my feet so she came back again.

"Brother, you don't know how to jump too" she brought the mic close enough so that people could hear me.

"I am actually very good at jumping up" I said.

"Then why are you not jumping? Are you shy to jump in your father's house"

"I am not shy at all"

"Then why are you not jumping?"

"I am not jumping because there are so many enemies in my father's house" I said pointing at the ceiling fans that were hanging inches away from my head.

The whole church started laughing.

That thing made me popular in the church.

328 Likes 32 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Goalnaldo(m): 8:38pm On Apr 22, 2023
Tallesty1 that was funny, hahaha

16 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by bobestman(m): 10:08pm On Apr 22, 2023
I was invited to a church ppl usually fall under the anointing. During prayers the pastor blew breeze into the mic and everybody was down. I was the only one standing. I taught the pastor would have come near me but he avoided me like a plague. My own anointing for don disgrace him that day. Ppl wey dem don chop their head

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:36am On Apr 23, 2023
Night vigil or vigil was the problem!

My neighbour never preached to me because he knew i was a Muslim but when he noticed that i started listening to Jehovah's Witnesses and studying the Bible with them he decided to invited me to come to their church vigil.
I never knew that's how mosquitoes feast on the blood of people who comes to worship God so when these gigantic pests came i couldn't do anything throughout that night i kept checking my watch for the time i will go back home to treat myself. Everything the Baba Abiara was saying seems like noise to me as i couldn't concentrate with hundreds of thousands of mosquitoes as big as flies were feasting on people's blood. I killed few but my shirt was condemned as the bloodstains stick to my white shirt never to be washed away.
That was the first and last vigil i attended all my life! undecided

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by AntiChristian: 7:59am On Apr 23, 2023
bobestman:
I was invited to a church ppl usually fall under the anointing. During prayers the pastor blew breeze into the mic and everybody was down. I was the only one standing. I taught the pastor would have come near me but he avoided me like a plague. My own anointing for don disgrace him that day. Ppl wey dem don chop their head

Talk true, you be ogbanje!
Why holly spirit no fit enter you?

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by OriOko88(m): 8:50am On Apr 23, 2023
That was in 2018. I attended a baptist church sunday sch in Ibadan,out of nowhere I was signified to give the closing prayer. I was totally dumfounded,but I managed to stand up to pray,but alas,I kept on stammering to d extent even I struggled to hear what I was saying. People weren't even saying Amen they couldn't hear jack of what I was saying. After d prayer i shamefuly opened my eyes and d glances on people's face towards me said it all.

Since then I went to learn how to pray and I've improved now.

124 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by bobestman(m): 9:02am On Apr 23, 2023
AntiChristian:

Talk true, you be ogbanje!
Why holly spirit no fit enter you?
Na ogbanje suppose fear pastor na. No be the other way round. You call holy spirit any how without understanding. Be careful so you don't damn your soul. Many don't understand that personality. Have told you your head slamming religion had more errors than that of christianity. You are like a blind man trying to cure the blindness of another blind man not knowing that both of you are quietly walking into a deep pit

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 23, 2023
It was during one of the canonical visitation by our then bishop,I bought a digital camera then and wanted to take photos of our bishop, wasn't good at using the camera,the first time I went to take his picture, Bishop posed very well for me to take his picture,I was flashing him the camera without knowing that my fingers were covering the lens, Bishop waited till after church when he was going out with other clergy men and I went to take his picture again still covering my camera lens,Man gave me correction by giving me the biggest knock of my life on my head before the whole congregation, whatever desire that I had to become a photographer was killed that very moment being an introvert and having to find myself in such awkward situation with almost all the church members looking at me,even my bestie then laughed generational wickedness out of me.Odili Okeke, your correction was too harsh on innocent me.

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Billionaire2: 9:21am On Apr 23, 2023
Deleted

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by VexNot(m): 9:22am On Apr 23, 2023
Usher try to seize my phone

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by OloyeVIII: 9:22am On Apr 23, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I followed my friend to a deeper life church and the agbaya pastor sent me home because of my dressing saying it was too short. cheesy
Yo
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Skillsnigeria: 9:23am On Apr 23, 2023
Hmmm
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Dexy4yah(m): 9:23am On Apr 23, 2023
None actually

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by DesChyko: 9:24am On Apr 23, 2023
I was young then, say about 6 years or so.

It was during our Catechism class, a lot of children were seated in the hall, with a few adults standing around, managing us. I think I either zoned out or didn't hear clearly but I heard the teacher at the front say "Who can give us a poem?"

My hand shot up immediately and I was summoned up the aisle. I took the microphone and screamed "Pussy cat, pussy cat where have you been??" My God. The speed with which the teacher snatched the microphone from me and the heavy laughter that followed from all corners gave me that "I don jones" vibe.

He put one hand on my back to push me gently so I can start walking down and off the stage when he said "Not that type, God poem! God poem!!"

The walk to my seat long Gaan.. The eyes, the laughter, the pity on some faces.. My God πŸšΆπŸΎβ€β™‚οΈ

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by Thanos5555: 9:24am On Apr 23, 2023
When I was little, while in the main/adult church i got corrected by an usher to sit in a different position. I was furious, responded by pointing the middle finger to him, and I said Bleep YOU.

Long story short, the ushers took me upstairs and make sure the knocked the middle finger, which i used with cane, till I cried my self a river.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by lokotamak(m): 9:25am On Apr 23, 2023
O
Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by PPIA: 9:26am On Apr 23, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Instead of him to take you to a private place after service for counseling and drill your ***** in the name of the lord cool cool cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by SMARTMOTORS(m): 9:26am On Apr 23, 2023
During offering, Everyone way dey my roll comot finish only me remain..shishi I no carry!.... I nearly win disappear!

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? by 1950Mack: 9:26am On Apr 23, 2023
grin dem say make we contribute money, I no get shishi... naso dem kon de beef me o... I surprise o... I no even kon de go church again sef since 8 years now... believe me.... since I quit church I get peace of mind... no nonsense see finish... no sowing of seed in another man's life... and God de answer my prayer back to back... I de carry person salary buy drink now... to be successful and progressive in life is not by going to church and die at pastor's feet... talk to God one on one... he get him own ears... I no need one barawo with suit, long tie, and big bible to show me God... I know God myself... make I continue de sip my paraga before fanatics rush me like shawarma... iyalaje fun mi ni shot kan si grin

29 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare / 10 Types Of People Who Search For Bible Verses In Church. / Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.