Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,968 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) (80769 Views)

Meet Two Sisters Married To Oba Ewuare Of Benin (Photos) / Rolls-Royce Of The Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (Photos) / Oba Ewuare Rides In His Rolls Royce For Thanksgiving. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by Intrepid01(m): 9:58am On Oct 24, 2016
EHI9ICE:

Seriously my friend,the Oba doesnt leave d palace after coronation...But the car is needed amongst many reason,coz once the Oba is invited to an Occasion-which he obviously can't go,He usually send a delegate-with a Signature( Like that Car).

And the car was used to convey him to the Thanks Giving ground(Holy Arousa) which is outside the palace.

Wow!!! Thanks for the enlightenment.

Respect boss!!!

1 Like

Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by butanep(m): 10:05am On Oct 24, 2016
bsideboii:
Thanksgiving africans suprise me.......what are you thankhing God for ? The heads that were used for the rituals

Thanking God your head wasn't among the head used for the rituals and coronation.

You better thank God
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by Onomen1(m): 10:21am On Oct 24, 2016
Qmerit:

I'm from Edo and I stay in Edo I'm surprise at him with the exposure he got and education he could think so!
If you google about Oba Ewuare 1, you would see all he stood for and what he did in 1440-1473 AD and that is what this very one said he would bring back into tradition, can you imagine that! I know it would be hard for him cause people re too expose nowadays but saying or thinking about it tells a lot about him!

He better not bring back those days of Oba Ewuare1, he will end same way Oba Ewuare1 ended.
With his Education, he should do better than his father who is my favourite Traditional ruler ever
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by Yobo34(m): 10:31am On Oct 24, 2016
Qmerit:

I'm from Edo and I stay in Edo I'm surprise at him with the exposure he got and education he could think so!
If you google about Oba Ewuare 1, you would see all he stood for and what he did in 1440-1473 AD and that is what this very one said he would bring back into tradition, can you imagine that! I know it would be hard for him cause people re too expose nowadays but saying or thinking about it tells a lot about him!

Ewuare 1 was more like wicked, 4giv my language. He caused many villages he visited.. Let's just hope modernization prevent dis one from such... I'm not against him being more traditional than his father tho!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by Yobo34(m): 10:33am On Oct 24, 2016
Intrepid01:
But benin people said their Oba no dey go anywhere after coronation. So why him con dey buy Car? Yeye people.....people can exaggerate. Who go siddon for one place in dis century. Abeegi enuf of typing.

Mr man he goes no where.. D car might even b a gift.
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by Yobo34(m): 10:36am On Oct 24, 2016
anonimi:
I thought that the Benin Kingdom was so rooted in its own tradition and had plenty of MAGICAL powers.
Why would the King need a car from oyinbo people who captured his ancestor and sent him on exile
Is he and Benin people so shameless with absolutely no dignity whatsoever for themselves?

[img]http://revealinghistories.org.uk/inc/img.php/tpl/uploads/images/galleries/403/kingofbenin1.jpg/371/1/fill[/img]

Do u know why his ancestors were captured? If u don't go and ask, but b4 then.. Shut'up
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by Qmerit(m): 10:37am On Oct 24, 2016
Yobo34:

Ewuare 1 was more like wicked, 4giv my language. He caused many villages he visited.. Let's just hope modernization prevent dis one from such... I'm not against him being more traditional than his father tho!

He has started I like this tho..

True to his word, the reign of the new Oba of Beni‎n, Oba Ewuare II, has started bearing positive fruits with the outlawing of activities of land speculation carried out by the various Community Development Associations (CDA) in Benin.

It would be recalled that activities of youths as land speculators had been a source of worry to inhabitants of Benin City in the past.

With this pronouncement, all operations of CDA Chairmen and Youth Chairmen ceased to exist, including collection of development fees, sales and marketing of community land.

The directive came during a homily delivered by the Priest of Holy Aruosa Cathedral, Benin, Ohenosa Harrison Okao, at the thanksgiving service by Oba Ewuare II as part of activities marking his coronation as the 40th Oba of Benin Kingdom.

According to the Ohenosa, henceforth, sale and management of community affairs and land shall be better managed by the Edionwere-in-Council and the Enigie (Community Head).

He urged all patrolmen, pointers as well as other Community Security apparatus including lawyers to strictly ensure compliance by abstaining from writing Deeds of Transfer with the concerned persons or Transferors.
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by Qmerit(m): 10:39am On Oct 24, 2016
Onomen1:

He better not bring back those days of Oba Ewuare1, he will end same way Oba Ewuare1 ended.
With his Education, he should do better than his father who is my favourite Traditional ruler ever

He has started but this is ok by me... their own be done too much. Read..

True to his word, the reign of the new Oba of Beni‎n, Oba Ewuare II, has started bearing positive fruits with the outlawing of activities of land speculation carried out by the various Community Development Associations (CDA) in Benin.

It would be recalled that activities of youths as land speculators had been a source of worry to inhabitants of Benin City in the past.

With this pronouncement, all operations of CDA Chairmen and Youth Chairmen ceased to exist, including collection of development fees, sales and marketing of community land.

The directive came during a homily delivered by the Priest of Holy Aruosa Cathedral, Benin, Ohenosa Harrison Okao, at the thanksgiving service by Oba Ewuare II as part of activities marking his coronation as the 40th Oba of Benin Kingdom.

According to the Ohenosa, henceforth, sale and management of community affairs and land shall be better managed by the Edionwere-in-Council and the Enigie (Community Head).

He urged all patrolmen, pointers as well as other Community Security apparatus including lawyers to strictly ensure compliance by abstaining from writing Deeds of Transfer with the concerned persons or Transferors.
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by prof2015(m): 10:58am On Oct 24, 2016
why hasn't monarchy been scraped in Nigeria. it is such a waste of resources.
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by Yobo34(m): 11:04am On Oct 24, 2016
Qmerit:

He has started I like this tho..

This community people sha.. Dem don too do.
Mke he no over do sha
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by BALLOSKI: 11:32am On Oct 24, 2016
jumobi1:

I just know he was appointed Ambassador to Italy by PDP.
I think, close to oshomole's re-election, there was an oba son in his government that decamped then and the oba was not happy.
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 24, 2016
lordimmaogidi:
So lovely and cute... He deserves it
And what do you deserve?
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 24, 2016
jumobi1:

Tradition doesn't mean backwardness. A lot of royalties rode on horses before cars. Now they drive cars. However no Nigerian leader should drive such a car. It's insensitive to the plight of their subjects.
So what's your point?
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by SHOCK7(m): 2:16pm On Oct 25, 2016
trishapal:
Even the gods now know who to choose as the Oba... You must be able to afford this machine
hello trishapal.
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by timeman: 2:41pm On Oct 25, 2016
AreaFada2:

I do not know why people chose to believe beer parlour talk than seek the truth.

Oba Erediauwa toured the whole of Nigeria as a thank you tour in the early 1980s. Up to Sokoto. I wrote about it here on Nairaland years ago.

He visited most Nigerian monarchs who graced his coronation in 1979. When you chose to believe rumours by those who do not know, you end up getting the wrong end of the stick.

What the Oba does not do is to go to parties and minor events anyhow. Or be seen cosying up to politicians anyhow or visiting their offices anyhow or seeking contracts like some do.

Oba Akenzua II rarely went to occasions, Oba Erediauwa made more outings especially in his first few years. I can expect the new Oba to make more outings early on in his reign too. Even Oba Akenzua II sometimes cruised around town in cool evenings & visited Benin chiefs unannounced if he was just passing by. Relatives attested to this.

Oba is the patron of many organisations and inevitably he would attend some of their functions. Oba of Benin often attends Benin Mosque during some festivals. It has been the case since the son of Eleko Kosoko who ran to Benin during the Lagos crisis of the 1860s was given land by Oba to build a mosque on. Kosoko being descended from Prince Ado of Benin who became Oba of Lagos.

Remember, Oba Erediauwa, aside his years studying law in UK, he mostly lived & worked in Nigeria. Before becoming Oba, he visited most parts of Benin Kingdom. This Oba spent far more time abroad and he certainly has more visits to do within the Kingdom now.
what about the "oba no dey leave palace" taboo being peddled & celebrated by the bini?. or does "palace " has an extended definition by your claim?. however, i'll be on the lookout if the oba will extend his palace to tours. The beer parlour gists among the bini suggests of them as highly intoxicated.
kiss the truth!
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by AreaFada2: 2:55pm On Oct 25, 2016
timeman:
what about the "oba no dey leave palace" taboo being peddled & celebrated by the bini?. or does "palace " has an extended definition by your claim?. however, i'll be on the lookout if the oba will extend his palace to tours. The beer parlour gists among the bini suggests of them as highly intoxicated.
kiss the truth!

How many Benin people have you talked to about it in real life? Or you just rely on Nairaland?

How can anyone who actually ever lived in Benin not know of any occasion the Oba has attended, like Oba Akenzua Cultural centre, Benin Mosque, Holy Aruosa Cathedral, some out of state visits, which are sometimes televised?

How for example does Oba accept to be the Chancellor of a major Federal university and not honour their invitation to be installed?

Oba nor dey leave palace is technically true in that he's not seen often.

There are still original European paintings dating back centuries with Oba on horseback complete with courtiers, drummers, pipers, flutists, dwarfs & leopards inspecting streets in Benin.

Maybe you're too often spoiling for a fight that you chose to discard common sense and focus on online comments that tickle for your fancy to insult others. cool

1 Like

Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by bsideboii(m): 3:22pm On Oct 25, 2016
butanep:

Thanking God your head wasn't among the head used for the rituals and coronation.

You better thank God
FYI I'm very grateful to God for everything... my point is how these traditional rulers manage to combine fetish practices with Christianity.If you are here be here.
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by timeman: 4:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
AreaFada2:

How many Benin people have you talked to about it in real life? Or you just rely on Nairaland?

How can anyone who actually ever lived in Benin not know of any occasion the Oba has attended, like Oba Akenzua Cultural centre, Benin Mosque, Holy Aruosa Cathedral, some out of state visits, which are sometimes televised?

How for example does Oba accept to be the Chancellor of a major Federal university and not honour their invitation to be installed?

Oba nor dey leave palace is technically true in that he's not seen often.

There are still original European paintings dating back centuries with Oba on horseback complete with courtiers, drummers, pipers, flutists, dwarfs & leopards inspecting streets in Benin.

Maybe you're too often spoiling for a fight that you chose to discard common sense and focus on online comments that tickle for your fancy to insult others. cool
Cool.
kiss the truth!
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by AreaFada2: 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2016
musicwriter:

I hope this's a parody area father and not Charles Oputa, cause if you're I'll consider you brain-dead henceforth.

Be informed, once upon a time in human history Africa was the most advanced continent. When the Dutch first arrived Benin kingdom around the 1600 century they were so shocked about the rate of development they saw over here, so much that their expedition leader had to report back to Europe saying ''The town seem to be very great. When you enter into it you go into a great broad street, well paved, which seems to be seven or eight times broader than the Warmoes street in Amsterdam.

The king’s palace is a collection of buildings which occupy as much space as the town of Harlem, and which is enclosed with walls. There are numerous apartments for the Prince’s ministers and fine galleries, most of which are as big as those on the exchange at Amsterdam. They are supported by wooden pillars encased with copper, where their victories are depicted, and which are carefully kept very clean.

The town is composed of thirty main streets, very straight and 120 feet wide, apart from an infinity of small intersecting streets. The houses are close to one another, arranged in good order. These people are in no way inferior to the Dutch. They wash and scrub their houses so well that they are polished and shinning like glass''.
And this scenario wasn't peculiar to Benin Kingdom. The Ashanti king in ancient Ghana kingdom was so rich that his official seat was made of REAL gold. Africa was extremely very prosperous before Europe made contact with us.

There were no significant difference between development in Africa and Europe by the time Europeans made contact with us. In fact, we were already leading in arts, in anything that had to do with sculpture. As a matter of fact, the British stole a lot of artworks from Oba Ovonramwen palace after they captured the king in 1897 or thereabout. Why would they want to steal a substandard artwork?.

Nobody was walking around naked in Africa, unless of course those in remote villages, and its still like that in many parts of the world. Europeans did not bring us dress and dressing!. Its not in record in anywhere, unless of course brainwashing education has fed YOU the lie. There're still cultures in Asia, Africa, South America that haven't made contact with modern civilization and are walking around naked. The neanderthals in Europe, and even in the medieval times in Europe also walked naked.

Let me tell you......The British actually killed the textile industry in all their colonies in order to encourage import from European manufacturers. Booming textile industries were destroyed from India, Malaysia, Africa in order to create market for Europe. That's what slavery and colonialism was all about- resource control.

Binis were the first people to develop copper or brass cast artwork, long before Europeans or any of the known world at the time. This's something that would've evolved into 3D cast early enough. We were already on that path!. Bini and Oyo artworks were so superior to Europeans at that time, such that they were massively stolen. And till today our artworks are still subject of display in museums in Europe and across the world. In fact, white people have refused to return artworks stolen from Bini empire, cause they're so precious. One university in Britain (Jesuit college) still use a stolen African art till today as its school emblem.

But everything changed once Europe made contact with us around 1400 AD. We became conquered and were no longer in charge of our destiny. Instead of developing our lands, African natural and human resources were being used to develop Europe. Therefore, we lost steam and were thrown into total darkness as a people for over 400 years!. But, within this 400 years Europe entered the age of technology and industrial revolution, all made possible by exploitation of Africa. Trains were built, cars built, advance in physics, chemistry, biology, e.t.c happened within this period, but sadly Africa was never a part of this technological revolution. That's why we cannot build our own car!. That's why we cannot build our own airplanes!!. Just imagine where a people could not make a single development for 400 years!.

Worst of it all is that before leaving they installed a brainwashing education to keep YOU in perpetual imperial control in absentia- which is the reason you have no problem the king ordering cars from the descendants of people that exiled his forefather. One of the reason for our current situation is as a result of many years of imperial intimidation and fake education/mis-education given to people like YOU who no longer believe we had a life before we met Europeans.

If we didn't have contact with Europe we would have advanced as much as Japan- one nation that was relatively immune from slavery. If we didn't meet Europeans we would have of course speak and write in our native languages.

Please go read ''How Europe underdeveloped Africa'' by Dr. Walter Rodney.

To begin with, the same Walter Rodney's death allegedly murdered under instruction of President Linden Forbes Burnham of Guyana, a fellow black man. Sop reading a few books here & there makes you no expert.

Every race tribe had a point when they lead in innovation & advancement. The Egyptions, the Greeks, the Persians, Arabs, Indians, Chinese, all once lead at some point. Eur
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by 4amorc(m): 4:54pm On Jan 05, 2017
AreaFada2:

Do not mind him. As if Amorc, Ogboni, cultists and others are not in other churches across 9ja.

People without any remarkable history will always attempt to denigrate other people's enviable history. Ethiopians, Coptic Egyptians, Armenians, Greeks and other ancient Christian nations have their own christian church according to their customs.

Benin Empire adopted its own christian church 500 years ago when most people in current 9ja had no idea what Christianity was about, for centuries to come.

That a possible adherent of modern pretentious church business would cast aspersions on a church built at the time when Christianity still had a meaning is the height of hypocrisy.

You see, religion "sharks" those who just found it recently. They become ignorant zealots. Benin on the other hand has had centuries of living with it & has "internalized & indigenized" it. Like other ancient civilizations.

FREE

Go To www.AMORConline.com

and click on the Yellow tab to read the Rosicrucian Monographs For FREE

You can look at cults as synthetic personality factories, designed to recreate cult members in their preferred image. Do not lose your authentic self to a mind control cult!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Igbo Traditional Music and Musical Instruments / Meet Ooni Of Ife’s Sisters Who Ensured The Emergence Of A New Queen / Nigerian Man Visits British Museum, Spots Stolen Benin Kingdom Artifacts. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.