Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,042 members, 7,821,589 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Education In Times Of Recession. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Education In Times Of Recession. (313 Views)

Impacts Of Recession On ICT (information Communication Technology) In Nigeria / RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students / Nigerian Youth In A Moment Of Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Education In Times Of Recession. by lexilla007(m): 9:59pm On Oct 23, 2016
FIVE WAYS TO AVOID RECESSION AFFECTING YOUR EDUCATION.
So I finally got time to write on this topic right? Is it possibly the recession to be blamed for the lack of enough time to write ? This days virtually everything is blamed on the recession. Hey!! stop casting blame but instead try and frame yourself up to cope with the situation. How can your cope with education in this time of recession? Here are five tips.
1. Cut your coat according to your size.
Recently I heard some parent writing undertaking at a private university to pay their wards school fees at a later time because they don't have enough funds to pay for now. Must they send their children to expensive schools if they can't afford it? send your wards to schools you can afford, they write the same external examinations everywhere.
2. Avoid luxuries.
This is same as sticking with the necessaries. A decent smart phone is necessary but an I phone is a luxury. A decent off campus hostel is perhaps necessary but a state of the art hostel might be too much. Remember, stick to the basics!
3. Avoid short cuts to success
Short cuts? We know them. Taking ijmb classes worth hundreds of thousands of naira when you can just take jamb and secure an admission. Bribing lecturer, paying machineries e.t.c all slim down pockets. Short cuts are more expensive. Tell me a cheap one.
4. Have a side hustle.
This is for the student mainly. Gone are the days where people are ready to help you out o. Even for our parents, they can't provide us everything we need. So why not try and make some money for yourself to augment your allowances from your parents. You will feel more responsible.
5. You can get motivation from the recession.
In the battle for survival, only the fittest survives in trying circumstances. Choose to be a survivor. Choose success and one day you will be rewarded.

https://ogunleyeakinola./2016/10/23/five-ways-to-avoid-recession-affecting-your-education/ via @wordpressdotcom

(1) (Reply)

Uniuyo Released Music/french Certificate Students: 2016/2017 Admission List / Cis Level Two / Students Please Come In And Nominate/vote Me In An Ongoing Awards. Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.