Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase (23773 Views)

Police Recover N18mn, $ 19,000 In Goje’s House, Says 2017 Budget Not Seized / Buhari Presents A Gift To Arase, Outgoing IG Of Police ( Photos) / Buhari Shops For Arase’s Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by dre11(m): 5:35am On Oct 24, 2016
Adelani Adepegba, Abuja

The Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has ordered an investigation into the purchase and distribution of vehicles by his predecessors.

It was gathered that the probe was informed by the discovery that retiring officers, including former IGs and Deputy Inspectors-General of Police, were in the habit of appropriating police vehicles for their personal use.

Findings by our correspondent on Sunday show that the probe, which is being handled by the Special Investigation Panel, had identified and recovered 19 police vehicles from former IG, Solomon Arase.
Some of the vehicles include assorted sedans, Sports Utility Vehicles and pick-up vans.

The vehicles, it was learnt, were apart from the four vehicles he was entitled to take away with him on retirement.

A senior officer, who is familiar with the investigation, said the SIP was still working to recover five additional vehicles from the former police boss.

It was learnt that the SIP, headed by Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Ali Amodu, (retd.), had also recovered a number of police vehicles from other retired DIGs.

The recovered vehicles were said to have been distributed to newly promoted Commissioners of Police and AIGs.

The source said, “We are making progress in our investigations. We were able to trace 24 vehicles to the former IG and we have recovered 19 already. He has yet to release the remaining five, but we won’t let up until we recover all the vehicles. We have pictures of the vehicles and they have been documented, so he can’t deny it, the recovery is a fact.”

Arase had earlier denied taking away 24 vehicles when his successor, Idris, made the allegation during an interview with journalists on July 18, 2016, shortly after he assumed office.

Idris had further alleged that the seven DIGs, who retired alongside Arase, also carted away between seven and eight cars each.

Arase, however, denied the allegations of his successor, saying he did not go away with any police vehicle.

He said, “What am I going to do with 24 cars? Do I want to open a car shop? This is a malicious accusation. There are ways of verifying issues rather than engaging in media propaganda.”

Arase said all vehicles bought by the police under him were distributed to the state commands and other appropriate units of the Nigeria Police Force.

http://punchng.com/police-recover-19-cars-suvs-ex-ig-arase/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by chriskosherbal(m): 5:39am On Oct 24, 2016
Father lord change the heart of our leaders for good.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by Nobody: 5:40am On Oct 24, 2016
sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by Deenite(m): 5:41am On Oct 24, 2016
O Nigeria, pls tell me who is not corrupt.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by Chigold101(m): 5:41am On Oct 24, 2016
What is he doing with 19cars bikonu?
Sometimes i wonder who all these wealth is been acquired for and why.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by 9jvirgin(m): 5:44am On Oct 24, 2016
What is wrong with these people? I wonder what is left in Nigeria after all these looting.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by omowolewa: 5:47am On Oct 24, 2016
He actually thought he would be covered.

Anyway, we all know when act corruptly only that we are too sure to be smarter than others by privilege.

1 Like

Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by 2undeee(m): 5:50am On Oct 24, 2016
This 19 cars wey dem recover waitin b dere name shy na moto Abi continue God go soon realise dat thunder wey do presup for all Nigerian looters and d rate wey him go take fire una go pass burning bush own
Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:50am On Oct 24, 2016
Nigerians We are just too Greedy

3 Likes

Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by HtwoOw: 5:50am On Oct 24, 2016
When an IG is this corrupted and polluted, what would you expect from his boys

Polluted and corrupted doesn't seem to cut it, same old shhyty different shalanga

Like Arase like Tafa

Useless

3 Likes

Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by phemmie06(m): 5:58am On Oct 24, 2016
Must everyone at power loot this country?

3 Likes

Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by slimfit1(m): 6:08am On Oct 24, 2016
The senate president won't see anything wrong with retired police going home with vehicles 4 aba now. When the police don't have enough. What kind of thinking is this. Governors go home with ridiculous amount of things after going home with ridiculous amount of money nobody can move the motion to stop this waste later he will come and say they are trying hard to improve our lifes.

3 Likes

Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by ademega(m): 6:14am On Oct 24, 2016
Who is supporting this one? Cos some people are supporters of evil

6 Likes

Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by Moreoffaith(m): 6:16am On Oct 24, 2016
So he wanted to convert that to his property right?

1 Like

Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by VampireeM(f): 6:22am On Oct 24, 2016
[size=14pt]I am not in support of Arase but please where are the pictures of the recovered 19cars?? Abi no photographer took the pics before it was re-distributed.....[/size]

8 Likes

Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by omenka(m): 6:24am On Oct 24, 2016
Typical primitive accumulation by a kleptomaniac. What exactly does he need all those vehicles for??

I bet in no time, he'd become adopted as another "Hero" of PDP supporters since they are known only for one thing- cheerleaders for criminals and terrorists.

5 Likes

Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by Tolupage(m): 6:26am On Oct 24, 2016
EFCC should just prosecute one of these criminals and let them rot in jail
Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by babdap: 6:27am On Oct 24, 2016
Who go con catch thieves now when police oga at the top they steal official vehicles.

1 Like

Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by Young03(m): 6:35am On Oct 24, 2016
idris abeg no be only vehicle u go recover
even all the money wey he steal , do sharpaly send efcc to pay him a visit

1 Like

Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 24, 2016
Were the vehicles branded in NPF colours?

If yes, then you have no case...Mister New IG.
Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by Benjom(m): 6:56am On Oct 24, 2016
I just dey look.
Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:13am On Oct 24, 2016
Keneking:
Were the vehicles branded in NPF colours?

If yes, then you have no case...Mister New IG.
Bros kindly visit any software engr. if u are close to computer village, I believe you've been infested with a deadly virus

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by metallisc(m): 7:20am On Oct 24, 2016
VampireeM:
[size=14pt]I am not in support of Arase but please where are the pictures of the recovered 19cars?? Abi no photographer took the pics before it was re-distributed.....[/size]

grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by zakim(m): 7:24am On Oct 24, 2016
hmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by ijustdey: 7:30am On Oct 24, 2016
The source said, “We are making progress in our investigations. We were able to trace 24 vehicles to the former IG and we have recovered 19 already. He has yet to release the remaining five, but we won’t let up until we recover all the vehicles. We have pictures of the vehicles and they have been documented, so he can’t deny it, the recovery is a fact.”

but I thought that Arase have denied that there isn't any police vehicles on him.

why do all these public office lie when they all knew they would be found out
Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by sainttwist1(m): 7:36am On Oct 24, 2016
i dont understand the people of this country again ooo......i dont know what to believe
Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by otukpo(f): 7:40am On Oct 24, 2016
What can a man do with all these number of cars?

1 Like

Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:41am On Oct 24, 2016
What a silly act by Arase
Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by WilliamsChelster(m): 7:50am On Oct 24, 2016
Space booked
Re: Police Recover 19 Cars From Arase by Thisis2raw(m): 7:50am On Oct 24, 2016
Not surprised, police people are all thieves

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

$26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers / ‘one Man’ Activist, Rex Anighoro Berates Buhari At UNGA / Sambo Dasuki Says He Is Ready To Continue With His Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.