Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Ghana Fifa World Cup Victory: Did Tb Joshua Glorify God Or Himself? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ghana Fifa World Cup Victory: Did Tb Joshua Glorify God Or Himself? (1440 Views)

TB Joshua Reacts To New Gay Law / Fifa World Cup 2014: Draw Pairs Nigeria With Argentina, Iran And Bosnia-herzegov / Re- Tb Joshua Prophesies Super Eagles World Cup Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Fifa World Cup Victory: Did Tb Joshua Glorify God Or Himself? by TheLight2: 10:08pm On Oct 24, 2009
“Is it Africa? Is it Africa? It is!” These were the words that came from the commentator’s mouth in the dying seconds of that historical game – it was a moment which will be forever etched in the hearts of all those that watched the match. Friday 16th October, 2009 was a special day for all Africans who tuned in to watch the live World Cup Match - Ghana’s Black Satellite’s versus Brazil. Ghana became the first African team to win the FIFA Under-20 World Cup in Cairo, Egypt. It was indeed Africa! With celebrations underway in Ghana and other nations of Africa, a much publicised issue seemed to overtake and almost overshadow the African victory. Rather than news media focusing on the African victory, TB Joshua became the focus of their attention.

TB Joshua had apparently spoken to Coach Sellas Tetteh before and during the match and with his prophetic insight guided the Black Satellite’s to a World Cup victory through telephone conversations by specifying which player should take the penalty shoot-outs. Everything was recorded and played during the live service on Emmanuel TV with footage showing TB Joshua speaking with both Coach Tetteh and the Number 10 player whom he advised should play the first penalty. It was a surprise to many. Controversy was sparked.

Many Ghana media criticized TB Joshua of proclaiming he was the reason for the Black Satellite’s victory against Brazil. Angry insults were hurled at the Nigerian Prophet and things really got out of hand with many believing that this event had undermined men of God in Ghana and Ghanaians in general. Knowing that there are always two sides to a story, it was quite surprising to hear little from the accused himself – TB Joshua. Perhaps being a man of God, he chose not to retaliate. Having listened to TB Joshua talk concerning the event, I was humbled by his own account. “The coach called me in the morning of the battle in Egypt and said I should join them in prayers. I considered this as a great honour because there are many great men of God in Ghana that had also been standing in the gap for the team. And I was one of these called to join in prayer for the team. There are great men of God in Ghana. We are all prayer warriors, ”

During his Sunday service broadcast live on Emmanuel TV, TB Joshua actually modestly stated that he was the least of the pastors and that he felt humbled that God would use him when there are greater men of God in Ghana. He further stated, “One thing you must know about ministers of God, we cannot change God’s opinion. We can only know God’s will concerning the situation and when we know God’s will concerning the situation, we tell you. When we tell you, it will help you to guard against mistake and error. We are servants; we are just being used”.

Does this sound like someone who is claiming glory for himself? TB Joshua recognizes himself as a servant of God. A true man of God boasts not in what he does for God but boasts in what God does in his life and he never exalts himself above God. TB Joshua never for a moment exalted himself but sought and spoke the mind of God – nothing more. As he said, “The secret is that there is no way I will come out and say, we will win. But what I can do, as a man of God, is to seek the mind of God concerning any situation and interpret the mind of God correctly without removing or adding anything. That is the work of prophets – to deliver God’s message as you receive it,”

I was quite saddened by the discrimination this Nigerian pastor faced on the basis of his nationality, particularly as he himself believed, in this event, that as men of God, they were all united in one spirit and one body to pray for the nation Ghana and their players - the Black Satellite’s. Being a Ghanaian myself, I have to admit that I was ashamed at undeserved criticism and treatment he received. Why did it matter that God used a Nigerian pastor to guide a Ghanaian victory? Indeed I am sure that if God had used a man of God who happened to be Ghanaian to successfully guide a Nigerian World Cup victory, we would not complain. This would have been a perfect occasion to prove our African unity amongst other nations of the world.

I humbly address my people, Ghanaians - let us stop criticizing one another out of jealousy, ignorance or misunderstandings. I believe that if we embrace pastors, men of God and prophets from other nations in humility, that God will exalt us as a nation to accomplish great feats which extend way beyond football!

[size=8pt]Kwabina Owusu-Darko[/size]
Re: Ghana Fifa World Cup Victory: Did Tb Joshua Glorify God Or Himself? by ritaj: 12:45am On Oct 25, 2009
I guess this proves that there are always two sides to every story. Why don't they leave this fella alone? He always seems to get lots of persecution from people. Are the Ghanaians jealous that Nigeria has a famous pastor that even football coaches know about?
Re: Ghana Fifa World Cup Victory: Did Tb Joshua Glorify God Or Himself? by eyonigger(m): 12:49am On Oct 25, 2009
You have said it all poster. Thanks.
Re: Ghana Fifa World Cup Victory: Did Tb Joshua Glorify God Or Himself? by ToluT: 9:10pm On Oct 31, 2009
Prophet Tb Joshua saw Ghana win the Under 20 World Cup against Brazil.
Was it just a good guess?
Could it really happen again? Why Ghana? Why not Nigeria? – Stay tuned tomorrow for the SCOAN LIVE Service- Did Prophet TB Joshua foresee the match the match between Nigeria and Argentina? DID he say anything about it?
WILL you be watching?

www.emmanuel.tv
Re: Ghana Fifa World Cup Victory: Did Tb Joshua Glorify God Or Himself? by pmartins: 5:08pm On Nov 07, 2009
T.B JOSHUA l know he will never glorify himself,but glorify God almighty that make it a clear vision for him to see.He his a man that can not do without hearing from GOD.
Re: Ghana Fifa World Cup Victory: Did Tb Joshua Glorify God Or Himself? by benjax2002: 5:28pm On Nov 18, 2009
Why criticizing TB Joshua? This man of God hasn’t done anything wrong. He only spoke what God revealed to him. TB Joshua never ascribed the glory to himself, he thanked God for everything.

(1) (Reply)

Jimoh Ibrahim Set To Buy Nairaland! / What Do You Love/hate Most About Harmattan? / Nigeria Merchant Navy Is Now In Parnership With Lagos State Emergency Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.