Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies (2702 Views)

"Do Not Revenge Herdsmen Attacks" - Buhari Appeals To Victims Of Attacks / Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. / Buhari’s Economic Policies “opaque, Archaic” – Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by joearinze(m): 9:40am On Oct 24, 2016
– Pastor Tunde Bakare has faulted the economic policies of Mr Buhari which he said have failed to yield the desired results in the past 18 months of his administration
– Mr Bakare said the recession currently experienced in Nigeria “is an opportunity for the church to take responsibility for the destiny of Nigeria”

President Muhammadu Buhari’s vice presidential candidate at the 2011 election , Pastor Tunde Bakare has faulted the economic policies of Mr Buhari which he said have failed to yield the desired results in the past 18 months of his administration. Speaking in Abuja at a lecturer at the 14th year anniversary of the Foursquare Gospel Church, Asokoro, Abuja on the topic: “Church and economic recession”, Mr Bakare said the recession currently experienced in Nigeria “is an opportunity for the church to take responsibility for the destiny of Nigeria”.
“In the past 18 months, attempts at salvaging the economy have not yielded lasting results. While the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) shrunk by 0.36 percent as at the first quarter of 2016, production dipped by 2.06 percent as at the second quarter. Evidently, Nigeria’s recession is largely self-inflicted and could have been avoided,” the pastor was quoted by Sun.

He recalled that price of oil peaked at $145 per barrel around 2008 and, after a brief fall, rose and, subsequently, hovered around $100 until December 2014, when it began to crash. But, the biggest oil boom experience, he said, fell into the hands of an unprepared leadership. “Hence, with our revenue unaccounted for in the preceding boom era, and with reported massive looting through oil subsidies and diverted defence budgets, the present government inherited a Nigerian economy in dire straits. Mr Bakare who is the convener of Save Nigeria Group (SNG) said he never regretted occupying the street in January, 2012, following the fuel subsidy removal by former President Goodluck Jonathan.

“I have no single regret about my action in 2012. If I have another opportunity, I will do it again. Save Nigeria Group (SNG) campaign was not about fuel subsidy, but against corruption. We insisted on ‘kill corruption and not Nigeria’. It was corruption in that government that we fought. “We simply made the then government to understand that sovereignty belongs to the people and we demonstrated it through our actions. And we will do it again and again if time demands for it,” he said. Meanwhile, Niger Delta Avengers says it will resume bombing of oil facilities if government made any further mistake to enter into negotiation with selfish leaders in the region.
Read more: https://www.naij.com/1019801-tunde-bakare-attacks-buhari-failed-economic-policies.html

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by Qmerit(m): 9:45am On Oct 24, 2016
I would read when I am done with this smoke.

Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by MRSALT: 9:46am On Oct 24, 2016
What? I thought he swore never to criticize PMB in public? May be he needs to raise church attendance which is reduing week by week.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by joearinze(m): 9:50am On Oct 24, 2016
Buhari Never See Anything even Tunde don they Change Am for BABA GO-SLOW

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by SillyMods: 9:51am On Oct 24, 2016
joearinze:
Buhari Never See Anything even Tunde don they Change Am for BABA GO-SLOW
Where is the attack in the report?

Please help me show it.

Is it this line?:
Mr Bakare said the recession currently experienced in Nigeria “is an opportunity for the church to take responsibility for the destiny of Nigeria”.

Or this?:
He recalled that price of oil peaked at $145 per barrel around 2008 and, after a brief fall, rose and, subsequently, hovered around $100 until December 2014, when it began to crash. But, the biggest oil boom experience, he said, fell into the hands of an unprepared leadership. “Hence, with our revenue unaccounted for in the preceding boom era, and with reported massive looting through oil subsidies and diverted defence budgets, the present government inherited a Nigerian economy in dire straits. Mr Bakare who is the convener of Save Nigeria Group (SNG) said he never regretted occupying the street in January, 2012, following the fuel subsidy removal by former President Goodluck Jonathan.

If anything, Bakare has once again taken GEJ to the cleaners.

It will help perpetual wailers to take their time to read contents of a report, digest and comprehend it before making a mess of themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by Tremor007: 9:55am On Oct 24, 2016
Pastor Tunde is a man I admire but my problem with him is that he can be overtly naive most times. The way he portrayed Buhari like one Political guru or a political saviour few months back got me like, 'is this not the same Buhari, Pastor Bakare castigated openly in the media in 2003?' Now we need church involvement to fix Nigeria? I thought Pastor Tunde said Buhari can fix Nigeria with his body odour oh sorry, body language.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by joearinze(m): 9:58am On Oct 24, 2016
SillyMods:

Where is the attack in the report?

Please help me show it.

U RE REALLY BLIND READ THE FIRST LINE

– Pastor Tunde Bakare has faulted the economic policies of Mr Buhari which he said have failed to yield the desired results in the past 18 months of his administration

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by SillyMods: 10:02am On Oct 24, 2016
joearinze:

Show us in all the quoted words of the pastor?

Forget the narration which was made up by the writer of the news report.

I will ignore your insult. It's a sign of poor upbringing.

5 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by Luckylife(m): 10:04am On Oct 24, 2016
More of those shameless sycophants are needed to vomit their rotten words .

3 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by sarrki(m): 10:05am On Oct 24, 2016
We criticize constructively

We are not wailers

Even if he attacked

Let's say he attacked

It's for the good of the country

Not for hatred
Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by chemicalDisease: 10:05am On Oct 24, 2016
Bakare is close to the target!

About to be a wailer.

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by gurunlocker: 10:06am On Oct 24, 2016
sarrki:

We are not wailers

Even if he attacked

Let's say he attacked

Not for hatred

Lol... typical way a core and card carrying zombie reason, "Let's say he attacked, it's for the good of the country".... If the guy isn't a Buhari supporter, will you say this?

5 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by FastShipping: 10:08am On Oct 24, 2016
Bakara didn't fault Buhari. The headline is misleading.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by onatisi(m): 10:10am On Oct 24, 2016
MRSALT:
What? I thought he swore never to criticize PMB in public? May be he needs to raise church attendance which is reduing week by week.
no wonder,he is now talking..
Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by sarrki(m): 10:11am On Oct 24, 2016
gurunlocker:

Lol... typical way a core and card carrying zombie reason, "Let's say he attacked, it's for the good of the country".... If the guy isn't a Buhari supporter, will you say this?

How does that affects your day to day activities?

We are omoluabis

We don't criticize or follow blindly

We deal with facts

We don't live on propaganda or hatred

We judge president buhari in 2019

If he's above board we re elect him

If he's not we support another candidate

That's how we roll

Ask any progressive

Same today yesterday and tomorrow

We will never be a wailer

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by gurunlocker: 10:13am On Oct 24, 2016
sarrki:

We are omoluabis
We deal with facts
That's how we roll
Ask any progressive

Lol... another foolish post! Fuc..k omoluabi, it will be late before 2019....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by truefact: 10:14am On Oct 24, 2016
sarrki:

We are not wailers

Even if he attacked

Let's say he attacked

Not for hatred
U have never made a concrete input in any thread, yet you are always quick to show your dullardism to the world... nawa for u

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by sarrki(m): 10:15am On Oct 24, 2016
gurunlocker:

Lol... another foolish post! Fuc..k omoluabi, it will be late before 2019....

Wailers are easy to identify

By there post you know them

Keep wailing

Happy wailing

The sad thing is you have two more year to wail

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by omenka(m): 10:22am On Oct 24, 2016
He recalled that price of oil peaked at $145 per barrel around 2008 and, after a brief fall, rose and, subsequently, hovered around $100 until December 2014, when it began to crash.

But, the biggest oil boom experience, he said, fell into the hands of an unprepared leadership. “Hence, with our revenue unaccounted for in the
preceding boom era, and with reported massive
looting through oil subsidies and diverted
defence budgets, the present government
inherited a Nigerian economy in dire straits
Before the Wailing Cankerworms adopt Bakare as their next "Helo", they should read the lines in bold and cc their Ineffectual Ogogoro Buffoon. smiley

5 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by sarrki(m): 10:24am On Oct 24, 2016
truefact:

U have never made a concrete input in any thread, yet you are always quick to show your dullardism to the world... nawa for u

E enter am

He pain am

No more free money again ooo

God bless Nigeria

God bless Muhammadu Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by kokosin: 10:24am On Oct 24, 2016
sarrki:

We are omoluabis

We deal with facts

That's how we roll

Ask any progressive

sometimes I wonder if u use d back of ur brain in reasoning.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by sarrki(m): 10:26am On Oct 24, 2016
omenka:
Before the Wailing Cankerworms adopt Bakare as their next "Helo", they should read the lines in bold and cc their Ineffectual Ogogoro Buffoon. smiley

Boss anything you say dem no go ear you

They have already made up there mind

We on the progressive side have also made up our minds

No going back to Egypt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by Young03(m): 10:28am On Oct 24, 2016
bakare a hypocrite

when the going is good he follows, when it turns soar he disappears

he no follow bring us to this stage

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by Jesusloveyou: 10:35am On Oct 24, 2016
joearinze:

I don't blame u or the OP, the OP misrepresent the fact from the headlines,

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by Paperwhite(m): 11:37am On Oct 24, 2016
sarrki:

Wailers are easy to identify

By there post you know them

Keep wailing

Happy wailing

The sad thing is you have two more year to wail

Are you learning how to write English or what? The spacing in between the sentences reminds me of the subject "Writing" during my early primary school days.
Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by fendorf(m): 11:42am On Oct 24, 2016
Attack?
Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by CHIJIOKE1314: 12:08pm On Oct 24, 2016
Pls what has 'Bakare attack Buhari Dullarpo' got o do with the current price of a bag of rice..

And what effect does it have on the numerous fellow Nigerians starving in IDP camps across the country..

Please Oga Bakare, if you could just package 10bags of rice to the IDP closest to you, then attack, kill or even suckk on Buhari or anyone else for all I care..

You all should stop this madness, NIGERIANS are dying from lack and hunger..
Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by ndcide(m): 12:19pm On Oct 24, 2016
I only saw a man afraid to criticize buhari, hence the usual history of oil price. many of them will shamelessly first reference GEJ'S government before saying anything about buhari; as if they usually mention yara-ua's or OBJ's government when criticizing GEJ.

I don't take them serious.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by Aufbauh(m): 12:23pm On Oct 24, 2016
Funny enough am still looking for the fault headlined in the news article...sensational reportage!
Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by Kabashin: 12:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
sarrki:

Boss anything you say dem no go ear you

They have already made up there mind

We on the progressive side have also made up our minds

No going back to Egypt

So you have been called to order after misfiring overnight.lmao
Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by Kabashin: 12:26pm On Oct 24, 2016
ndcide:
I only saw a man afraid to criticize buhari, hence the usual history of oil price. many of them will shamelessly first reference GEJ'S government before saying anything about buhari; as if they usually mention yara-ua's or OBJ's government when criticizing GEJ.

I don't take them serious.

He is still fighting with Buhari indoors. grin
Re: Tunde Bakare attacks Buhari over failed economic policies by Plateevent(m): 12:33pm On Oct 24, 2016
Taught he is called a man of God!!! Seems other way round!!! Agbalagba to nse langbalangba!!!
He is xpected to preach Peace wit Faith !!!
Pastor Adeboye and Pastor Kumuyi are so blessed dat dey have much to preach dan causing fracas in d country!!!
Seems he is broke nau!!!Lolz!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Won’t Go Down Alone’ Amaechi Threatens Mr President / South East Indigenous Private Sector Investment To Solve Meat Dependency / Peter Obi Takes A Dig At Prince Arthur Eze.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.