Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,432 members, 7,836,735 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Taking Your Note 7 On A Plane Can Now Land You Up To 10 Years Jail Term - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Taking Your Note 7 On A Plane Can Now Land You Up To 10 Years Jail Term (873 Views)

It’s A Wonderful World With AMOLED SCREEN On Your Note 6 / Taking Your Phone To The Toilet: What Could Happen / How Is Your Note 4 Pro 13MP Motion Capture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taking Your Note 7 On A Plane Can Now Land You Up To 10 Years Jail Term by Reediano(m): 10:49am On Oct 24, 2016
Its no more news that Samsung is already done with the Galaxy Note 7. This move was really necessary since the device turned out to be a potential threat to users even after the first recall. Even though Samsung has already Started a second recall of the device, many users are crippling the process as a lot of people are reluctant to return theirs, even with the $100 dollars credit that Samsung is offering.

Sometime ago, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) issued a prohibition order and possession of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7. But now they have a taken a step further to make it a federal crime.

According to the order by FAA, it is forbidden to transport or offer to transport a Galaxy Note 7 on the plane, whether it is in your hand luggage, in checked baggage or cargo. Whoever does this will be subject to a fine of up to US $179,933 per day of violation and could be sentenced up to 10 years in prison.

According to the FAA, the restriction applies to all Galaxy Note 7, substituted or not, is necessary because “only a fire incident is a high risk of death, serious illness, severe personal injury and damage to property and the environment.” The risk is increased when the fire “occurs on board an aircraft during flight.”

So if you are planning on going on a plane with Galaxy Note 7 especially to or from the US, then you might want to reconsider. Also I will advice anyone still in possession of the device to take opportunity of the Recall and exchange it for a more safer smartphone. Just to be on the safe side.

http://www.yomitech.com/2016/10/taking-your-note-7-on-plane-can-now.html
Re: Taking Your Note 7 On A Plane Can Now Land You Up To 10 Years Jail Term by oluwadaemilola: 11:54pm On Nov 02, 2016
All this phones that are blowing up is making me scared of operating any smartphone now
i think we will have to go back to our Nokia torch light phone grin grin grin grin
Re: Taking Your Note 7 On A Plane Can Now Land You Up To 10 Years Jail Term by Reediano(m): 8:22am On Nov 03, 2016
oluwadaemilola:
All this phones that are blowing up is making me scared of operating any smartphone now
i think we will have to go back to our Nokia torch light phone grin grin grin grin

Lol grin , same here.. Now, I don't charge my phone when am feeling sleepy so it doesn't over charge and I also keep it very far away from me whenever am going to bed grin

E don reach that level o
Re: Taking Your Note 7 On A Plane Can Now Land You Up To 10 Years Jail Term by oluwadaemilola: 5:31pm On Nov 05, 2016
Reediano:

Lol grin , same here.. Now, I don't charge my phone when am feeling sleepy so it doesn't over charge and I also keep it very far away from me whenever am going to bed grin

E don reach that level o
Walahii
what are they putting in this new models sef thats making em explode
Re: Taking Your Note 7 On A Plane Can Now Land You Up To 10 Years Jail Term by Reediano(m): 11:30pm On Nov 05, 2016
oluwadaemilola:

Walahii
what are they putting in this new models sef thats making em explode
even meself no know
Re: Taking Your Note 7 On A Plane Can Now Land You Up To 10 Years Jail Term by Dabsey: 1:34am On Nov 06, 2016
But omo i fear samsung these days like seriously!!!!! Last week i saw my cousine with one sam model i beg am make e sell am buy tecno..
Re: Taking Your Note 7 On A Plane Can Now Land You Up To 10 Years Jail Term by Reediano(m): 7:11am On Nov 06, 2016
Dabsey:
But omo i fear samsung these days like seriously!!!!! Last week i saw my cousine with one sam model i beg am make e sell am buy tecno..
Bad market for Samsung this year ooo
Re: Taking Your Note 7 On A Plane Can Now Land You Up To 10 Years Jail Term by Dabsey: 9:35pm On Nov 24, 2016
Like seriously not their year... Bad men they'll come up again sha!

Reediano:

Bad market for Samsung this year ooo
Re: Taking Your Note 7 On A Plane Can Now Land You Up To 10 Years Jail Term by Reediano(m): 4:44pm On Nov 27, 2016
Dabsey:
Like seriously not their year... Bad men they'll come up again sha!

That one is very certain

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry Launcher Review / How To Check Your Data Balance/status On Mtn, Glo, Airtel & Etisalat / Android Nougat Users, how have you been coping with its data zapping rate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.