Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers (5690 Views)

Aso Rock Cabal, Saraki Begin Sabotage Of Osinbajo As PMB's Sickness Deepens - SR / Fayose Wore T-shirt To Aso Villa As He Attends NEC Meeting In Buhari's Absence / More Troubles For Diezani: FG, UK Police Tighten Noose On Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by Davidbee(m): 2:19pm On Oct 24, 2016
There are indications that the cold war between the first couple in Nigeria is far from over as President Muhammadu Buhari has initiated moves to curtail some of the influences of the first lady in an attempt to bring her back under control.

Sources told Aljazirahnews that the President is yet to be appeased by the incalculable political capital he has lost due to the recent confrontation between him and his wife of many years.

Aisha Buhari in a recent interview granted BBC has criticised her husband’s judgement in political appointments adding that she would not support his reelection bid in 2019.

Buhari has not indicated his willingness to run for second term in office yet.

Buhari, who was on a trip to Germany as at the time the first lady made the comments replied tersely via the media that his wife’s place was ‘in the kitchen, living room and the other room’ and not in political matters, a comment that generated mixed reaction across the globe.

After Buhari’s return, the first lady had a few days afterwards jetted out of the country for a women empowerment program in Brussels, a trip many opined indicated the first lady wanted to stamp her independence and also that the rift between the duo had deepened.

Aljazirahnews learnt from Presidential sources that she had been banned from some selected national assignments by the president in recent weeks.

The medium could not obtain official comments from Presidential spokespersons as at press time.

A source privy to the development confided in the reporter that Aisha has been battling with domestic challenges and restriction from many official engagements by the president, which she considered as an affront to the office of the First Lady.

Buhari was said to have insisted she restricted her input in political matters, a development she was not comfortable with.

Investigations further revealed that the First Lady was ‘given stern warning a few months after the inauguration of Federal Executive Council (FEC) late last year by President Buhari,’ to stay out of politics.

“She was told not to see her office as a means of amassing wealth,” the source said.

This directive, according to a State House source, did not go down well with the First Lady, who was said to be planning to utilize the exalted position to boost her Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and private businesses, especially two companies she owns in Dubai and Nigeria respectively.

It was also learnt that, apart from giving her stern warning to restrict her engagements, she was also banned by the president from receiving ‘too much crowd’ at Aso Villa, particularly the governors and ministers, majority of whom, President Buhari believed would have corrupt influence over her.

Read Mahmud Jega on Aisha/PMB row.

The source also said that only two governors from the core North were allowed to have assess to the First Lady and pay her visits regularly, even without official notice, unless she was out of Abuja or Nigeria.

Investigations further showed that with her recent outburst, when President Buhari was out of the country for official assignment in Germany, the President was advised by some top advisers to evict her from the Villa to ‘serve as lesson and deterrent.”

Aljazirahnews gathered that the President while mulling further actions to take to clip his wife’s growing influence has however been advised by other aides to tread softly so as not to be seen as antagonistic to women as a whole.

The president has however directed the officials of the Department of State Services (DSS), as well the conventional and mobile policemen and other sister agencies within the Villa not to allow any frivolous solidarity visit to the First Lady.

“You know these corrupt elements “the politicians”, especially the governors and ministers might use Her Excellency, the First Lady to get what they want, and being a woman, she might not know the motive behind such visit(s), until it leads either the president or herself into trouble. So, that is why the president is taking the action and currently has instructed his aides not to allow her to relate too much with politicians because she is not a politician,” the source said.

It was gathered also that family members and top political aides to the duo are however making frantic moves to ensure that peace returns to the first family so that domestic matters would not continue to bring the family and ruling party’s (All Progressive Congress, APC) image into ridicule.

http://aljazirahnews.com/index.php/2016/10/20/cold-war-aso-villa-pmb-tightens-noose-aisha-buharis-powers/

2 Likes

Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by chriskosherbal(m): 2:35pm On Oct 24, 2016
Just watching closely on developments.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by yarimo(m): 2:40pm On Oct 24, 2016
Thank you AISHA BUHARI for making unemployed youths to be self employed true online reporting.

16 Likes

Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by ikp120(m): 2:49pm On Oct 24, 2016
Let me use this opportunity to appeal to my fellow guys in the house, please stop spending money on girlfriend o... Most naija girls of nowadays are out for money, not love... Please let's discourage it.

As for sex and romance. Abeg which day did sex and romance become exclusive to guys... Both guys and girls enjoy it... If tomorrow she say she no dey do again, you will be able to boldly tell her "Okay"... Was it not my Philippine gf that was eager to send me an iPhone, even when I was like I didn't care?

My guys wise up... Relationship is not a career... When a guy tells me that his girlfriend just jilted him, the only thing I ask him is "Did you spend money on her?". If he says "Yes", me myself go sack the guy sharp sharp. My opinion though.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by Baawaa(m): 3:04pm On Oct 24, 2016
“You know these corrupt elements “the politicians”, especially the governors and ministers might use Her Excellency, the First Lady to get what they want, and being a woman, she might not know the motive behind such visit(s), until it leads either the president or herself into trouble. So, that is why the president is taking the action and currently has instructed his aides not to allow her to relate too much with politicians because she is not a politician,” the source said.
From the genesis that is woman for you,Eve bewitched Adam,Buhari will not take that nonsense from her,she wants the politicians to use her.

3 Likes

Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by blackpanda: 3:19pm On Oct 24, 2016
That serves her right. Foolish woman. Aisha cannot be trusted anymore. She has allowed her self to be used as the devils vessel to hurt her husband in public

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by Stricker321: 3:25pm On Oct 24, 2016
blackpanda:
[s]That serves her right. Foolish woman. Aisha cannot be trusted anymore. She has allowed her self to be used as the devils vessel to hurt her husband in public[/s]

My friend just shut up already!

What is your business between a husband and a wife

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by HAH: 3:39pm On Oct 24, 2016
blackpanda:
That serves her right. Foolish woman. Aisha cannot be trusted anymore. She has allowed her self to be used as the devils vessel to hurt her husband in public

You are right, I honestly don't know what grudge she has that she cannot settle with him in private, imagine she went to criticize her husband on BBC a worldwide media, she has obviously crossed the red line and those supporting what she are not helping her cos clearly Buhari is pained by her outburst.

3 Likes

Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by TroubleMaker47(m): 3:54pm On Oct 24, 2016
Dats d best move! Drown her influence!
Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by Funlordjnr: 4:38pm On Oct 24, 2016
In a mans life only 3 women are allowed to caution you when you are clearly _fucking up!

1: your mother

2: your sister

3: your wife

Aisha buhari is qualified as his wife and buhari is clearly _fucking up! If he likes he can put his so called "cold war soup" in a deep freezer, na him sabi!

Aisha is a woman with his best interests at heart! Take it or leave it....I don't give a _fuck!

grin

4 Likes

Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by freshcvvs: 5:03pm On Oct 24, 2016
I will do more than that.

I will make sure she's constitutionally ineffective and politically empty like Michelle Obama.
Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by BALLOSKI: 5:10pm On Oct 24, 2016
Aljazirahnews learnt from Presidential sources that she had been banned from some selected national assignments by the president in recent weeks.

I trust buhari. This is what I've been praying for- Clip her damn wings and confine her to the kitchen where she belongs.
Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by BALLOSKI: 5:12pm On Oct 24, 2016
freshcvvs:

I will make sure she's constitutionally ineffective and politically empty like Michelle Obama.
I will make sure she's kept of the camera for the next 3 years. I hate that woman action like mad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by blackpanda: 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2016
Stricker321:

Neither is it ur business. Yet here u are! angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 24, 2016

APC REALLY NEEDS A CLASS ON HOW TO TALK ON GENDER SENSITIVE ISSUES.

3 Likes

Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by borntosuccess(m): 5:31pm On Oct 24, 2016
the chains on Aisha buhari is real

1 Like

Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by DozieInc(m): 6:21pm On Oct 24, 2016
She should have known her husband enough after all these years, time to clip her "peacock wings"... the "change" is real.
Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by queenitee(f): 6:57pm On Oct 24, 2016
Stricker321:

God bless you,
What many don't realise is that this issue is no longer the country's business,it's now a family issue.
We people should stop complicating issues by taking sides,it's only what we read and heard being brosdcasted that we know,we don't know what's going in the other room

1 Like

Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by queenitee(f): 7:02pm On Oct 24, 2016
HAH:

You are right, I honestly don't know what grudge she has that she cannot settle with him in private, imagine she went to criticize her husband on BBC a worldwide media, she has obviously crossed the red line and those supporting what she are not helping her cos clearly Buhari is pained by her outburst.
That's why I said it's a family issue,Buhari is pained by her outburst,but they should settle it in their home.Believe me,if they had done that,things wouldn't have been this bad,everything would have been okay and we all would have probably forgotten Aisha ever said that.
I'm not saying Aisha is right, but there are ways to go about it,Buhari definitely doesn't have to say what he said
Before someone would attack me now,I'm not taking sides, just said my mind
Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by HAH: 7:21pm On Oct 24, 2016
queenitee:

That's why I said it's a family issue,Buhari is pained by her outburst,but they should settle it in their home.Believe me,if they had done that,things wouldn't have been this bad,everything would have been okay and we all would have probably forgotten Aisha ever said that.
I'm not saying Aisha is right, but there are ways to go about it,Buhari definitely doesn't have to say what he said
Before you attack me now,I'm not tsides, just said my mind

I also believe is a personal matter but she erred by going public which warrant future reprimand

1 Like

Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by queenitee(f): 7:25pm On Oct 24, 2016
HAH:

Check very well, where did I attack you ? The person I quoted and agreed with is @blackpanda and not you, please be guided
I wasn't reffering to you,that was to those who would want to attack me
Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by HAH: 7:26pm On Oct 24, 2016
queenitee:

I wasn't reffering to you,that was to those who would want to attack me
it was after the reply I got what you were saying I have even modified the post. Cheers
Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by queenitee(f): 7:27pm On Oct 24, 2016
HAH:

I also believe is a personal matter but she erred by going public which warrant future reprimand
Sure,but her husband should do that and he should do that privately,even if its for peace to reign in their home and country in general
Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by queenitee(f): 7:28pm On Oct 24, 2016
HAH:
it was after the reply I got what you were saying I have even modified the post. Cheers
Thanks
Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by HAH: 7:31pm On Oct 24, 2016
queenitee:

Sure,but her husband should do that and he should do that privately,even if its for peace to reign in their home and country in general
she started it, by going public beside he did not castigate her in public as she did but stated the obvious that she belong to his kitchen and bedroom not politics, beside if you have watched the two video when Buhari was saying she belong to kitchen he was laughing while when she was accusing him of not taking along party men she was visibly angry

1 Like

Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by queenitee(f): 7:37pm On Oct 24, 2016
HAH:
she started it, by going public beside he did not castigate her in public as she did but stated the obvious that she belong to his kitchen and bedroom not politics, beside if you have watched the two video when Buhari was saying she belong to kitchen he was laughing while when she was accusing him of not taking along party men she was visibly angry
That's right tho,I dunno what I'm just concerned about is that this shouldn't affect Nigerians, they should just settle things and allow peace to reign
They are married and that's it,even when one of them do something wrong or go astray, the other corrects loving,not takings things up and turn it into a mess,I guess thats part of marriage
Seriously,they need to save their marriage before they can think of saving Nigeria,if their marriage is not right,there is no way Nigeria would not be affected
Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by freshcvvs: 8:19pm On Oct 24, 2016
BALLOSKI:
I will make sure she's kept of the camera for the next 3 years. I hate that woman action like mad.

Na soo
Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by Hedonistically: 8:28pm On Oct 24, 2016
If Aisha is the kind of strong-willed woman that I think she is, then she cannot be gagged.

She must have tried severally to communicate with her husband and was likely ignored or shut out, hence the inevitability of venting her opinions and frustrations publicly.

If Buhari attempts to confine her to the shadows, that would be his greatest undoing, and would provide ammunition to the 'other' camp - comprising millions of dissatisfied Nigerian masses, thousands of opposition PDP members, and hundreds of disgruntled APC stalwarts. This would certainly be a good thing for someone like me who detests the old and useless cattle rearer.

2 Likes

Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by geez18(m): 9:36pm On Oct 24, 2016
Hedonistically:
If Aisha is the kind of strong-willed woman that I think she is, then she cannot be gagged.

She must have tried severally to communicate with her husband and was likely ignored or shut out, hence the inevitability of venting her opinions and frustrations publicly.

If Buhari attempts to confine her to the shadows, that would be his greatest undoing, and would provide ammunition to the 'other' camp - comprising millions of dissatisfied Nigerian masses, thousands of opposition PDP members, and hundreds of disgruntled APC stalwarts. This would certainly be a good thing for someone like me who detests the old and useless cattle rearer.

seriously, i'd buy you a bottle of hennessy if i could meet you for surely this is the most sensible post i've read here.
Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by decomaniaboss(f): 9:49pm On Oct 24, 2016
freshcvvs:

undecided undecided dumb men everywhere

1 Like

Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by freshcvvs: 9:53pm On Oct 24, 2016
decomaniaboss:
undecided undecided dumb men everywhere

Like your brother/husband/uncle/father shey?
Re: Cold War In Aso Villa As PMB Tightens Noose On Aisha Buhari’s Powers by ameezy(m): 10:44pm On Oct 24, 2016
freshcvvs:

Like your brother/husband/uncle/father shey?
grin grin and male friends

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ikoyi-gate: US Dollar Bills Recovered Had A Print Date Of 2016 / Presidency courts Igbos With A Godfather Offer / Jamaica is alot better than nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.