Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Jamaica is alot better than nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jamaica is alot better than nigerian (5691 Views)

Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths / USA swat are more brutal than Nigerian SARS but they allowed them, / Aregbesola: American Prisoners Earn Higher Than Nigerian Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 8:37am On May 05, 2020
Two days ago when there was a battle between Wizkid and a famous Jamaican musician, the battle got heated because Wizkid won and they started throwing insults on nigerians and nigeria..

I didn't really know much about the country so I checked their poverty, education, health and GDP per capital and they are very very much better than nigeria..

Their crime rate is low, no terrorist groups in their country and no under age marriage either..

They've good tourism even if their GDP was low even lower than lagos but they had a higher standard of living better than nigerians.

It made me so ashamed to be called a Nigerian,decades past nigeria was so much better than what we've now.

Nigeria now can't even compete with Jamaica or Ghana, they laugh and mock our power, road and health sectors, the only thing nigerians can boost of his population even when most of them lives in poverty.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 8:43am On May 05, 2020
Let me also add that there citizens aren't known for bad things outside their country..

Unlike nigerians that every single country want us out, south Africa, Ghana are complaining of us running their country.

There's even an internet scam named after nigerians.

11 Likes

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Iceberg3: 8:45am On May 05, 2020
Zoogeria is the only kwantiri in the world where there's perpetual darkness!!!!
If you have your way,move out.

I once sailed to Cotonou,Lome,Congo, Gabon,all in Africa. They have nothing like darkness,bad roads and touts/agberoes everywhere!!!!

Even if you are living in ikoyi or vgc,you are still in the blackout, agberoes infested zoo..

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 8:51am On May 05, 2020
Iceberg3:
Zoogeria is the only kwantiri in the world where there's perpetual darkness!!!!
If you have your way,move out.

I once sailed to Cotonou,Lome,Congo, Gabon,all in Africa. They have nothing like darkness,bad roads and touts/agberoes everywhere!!!!

Even if you are living in ikoyi or vgc,you are still in the blackout, agberoes infested zoo..
I'm so ashamed of this country, even nigerians can't even battle Ghana on Twitter because Ghanaians will wreck them with facts about how backward nigeria really is so they started facing Uganda.

Nigeria is the old country where olden days is better than what they've now.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Iceberg3: 8:56am On May 05, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
I'm so ashamed of this country, even nigerians can't even battle Ghana on Twitter because Ghanaians will wreck them with facts about how backward nigeria really is so they started facing Uganda.

See I don't hate these northerners but if the north will hands off power,all forms of power for like 20years,things will change.

As long as we have retrogressive, conservative people running the nation,it will remain a zoo.
I pity kids born here

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 9:04am On May 05, 2020
Iceberg3:

See I don't hate these northerners but if the north will hands off power,all forms of power for like 20years,things will change.

As long as we have retrogressive, conservative people running the nation,it will remain a zoo.
I pity kids born here
I don't blame northerners Sha, my problem is with southern leaders that allowed themselves to be foolish.

Even if northerners don't rule, I bet nigeria won't still change because the problem is corruption and mismanagement

15 Likes

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by manuelreports: 9:13am On May 05, 2020
We sold oil for over 50 years yet cannot boast of stable power supply, good roads, well equipped hospital, better schools and no social investment programme.
Look at China that was once in the league of developing nation with us, look at India, they have all moved ahead and look at where we are as a nation. I think the only way out is to divide the contraption called Nigeria, else we keep deceiving ourselves. People who want to be in darkness and poverty should remain and people who want to move forward should move forward.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 9:17am On May 05, 2020
manuelreports:
We sold oil for over 50 years yet cannot boast of stable power supply, good roads, well equipped hospital, better schools and no social investment programme.
Look at China that was once in the league of developing nation with us, look at India, they have all moved ahead and look at where we are as a nation. I think the only way out is to divide the contraption called Nigeria, else we keep deceiving ourselves. People who want to be in darkness and poverty should remain and people who want to move forward should move forward.
no please don't compare us to China let's just compare ourselves to Ghana. Ghana have no oil.

But their citizens are more respected outside of their country than nigeria and they've a better passport, currently and airports than nigeria.

Their economy is not based on import or oil like nigeria, they've a better economy and a better GDP per capital.

I can go on and on about their better power,health and road sectors.

This country is cursed Sha very cursed

9 Likes

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by dawnomike(m): 9:22am On May 05, 2020
If only majority of Nigerians can divert into export of agricultural produce rather than mini importation from China... The standard of many will be improved!!!
The government will always be bad in this nation, but we can choose to make a massive turnaround. Unfortunately, we all seem helpless grin
Ayam tired of this country already

2 Likes

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 9:24am On May 05, 2020
dawnomike:
If only majority of Nigerians can divert into export of agricultural produce rather than mini importation from China... The standard of many will be improved!!!
The government will always be bad in this nation, but we can choose to make a massive turnaround. Unfortunately, we all seem helpless grin
do you know fulani herdsmen are slaughtering people in their farmlands?? Don't forget how the government are also running agriculture sector for individuals

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by waledeji(m): 9:27am On May 05, 2020
Lamentations of akpu Republic cheesy cheesy cheesy

We still expects more of this nagging post in the next few days cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Iceberg3: 9:29am On May 05, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
I don't blame northerners Sha, my problem is with southern leaders that allowed themselves to be foolish.

Even if northerners don't rule, I bet nigeria won't still change because the problem is corruption and mismanagement
Yes and also deeply foundational.

Moving out and forgetting this sorrow of a place ain't a bad idea.

1 Like

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by festacman(m): 9:29am On May 05, 2020
Nigeria is bad, Nigeria is bad but you are still here.

OP why not get a visa to Jamaica and go live there or if you can't get visa to anywhere, take 'sniper visa' and depart Nigeria in grand style.

You can criticize things but stop badmouthing my country.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 9:33am On May 05, 2020
waledeji:

We still expects more of this nagging post in the next few days cheesy cheesy cheesy
guy what are you saying?? Don't you want the best for this country? I'm only speaking based on facts and experience.

If you are a Nigerian calling this a Lamentations and trying to mock me then you are worse than our leaders

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Iceberg3: 9:37am On May 05, 2020
dawnomike:

Agriculture, agriculture for fulani cows to feed on Abi?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Iceberg3: 9:42am On May 05, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
guy what are you saying?? Don't you want the best for this country? I'm only speaking based on facts and experience.

If you are a Nigerian calling this a Lamentations and trying to mock me then you are worse than our leaders

That's a typical Yoruba for you.

He's foolishly saying "akpu republic" but is it only the east that are suffering power outages and bad roads and etc?

I for one,I'm Edo and I live and hustle in Lagos.

It's just a hopeless situation.
The country is doomed and worse thing is,it's doomed with accursed people

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by maestroferddi: 9:53am On May 05, 2020
Something definitely have to give...

We cant continue like this.

3 Likes

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by bryonlong50: 10:58am On May 05, 2020
[s]
waledeji:

[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 11:11am On May 05, 2020
TheGodlessGod:

Bruv change nationality asap. You are irritating. What do you know about Jamaica or Ghana? Can both talk where Nigerian academics and professionals are talking in the USA or UK? Dude you are a self-hater, even as you don't know it, and lack exposure.

It would take too long to educate you and re-orientated your brainwashed mind.

Wizkid dusted Vybz kartel, a dance hall legend from a time African music had no direction or superstars like Wizkid, and you don't even know the significance of that and what it indicates about how Naija music is rewriting the script for Africa and the World.

If we could vote some out of Nigerian citizenship I would vote your kind 24/7 without hesitation because you are clearly ashamed of yourself and only wish to see the bad about Nigerians while you ignorantly place all others on undeserved pedestals.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 11:12am On May 05, 2020
waledeji:

this is insane. What is wrong with you? You think only igbos are tired of Nigeria? I am yoruba and I can not imagine myself coming back to live in this country.

If you travel from Lagos to Cotonou, you will see the difference between Nigeria and other countries. The highway in Lagos is dirty and full of potholes while in Cotonou it's smooth and properly decorated with flowers.

We have not got one thing right. Not one thing. Our police are ineffective criminals. Our human resources are leaving for Canada every day. Our passport is low ranking...we have terrorists...all sorts of things. The only way forward is to divide the country

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 11:15am On May 05, 2020
Grayoso:

Bruv change nationality asap. You are irritating. What do you know about Jamaica or Ghana? Can both talk where Nigerian academics and professionals are talking in the USA or UK? Dude you are a self-hater, even as you don't know it, and lack exposure.

It would take too long to educate you and re-orientated your brainwashed mind.

Wizkid dusted Vybz kartel, a dance hall legend from a time African music had no direction or superstars like Wizkid, and you don't even know the significance of that and what it indicates about how Naija music is rewriting the script for Africa and the World.

If we could vote some out of Nigerian citizenship I would vote your kind 24/7 without hesitation because you are clearly ashamed of yourself and only wish to see the bad about Nigerians while you ignorantly place all others on undeserved pedestals.
Jamaica is better than Nigeria. Same with Ghana.
Yes we have human capital (mostly igbos and yorubas) but they are leaving Nigeria in droves because of the poor state of the country. There are only few countries in the world that has poorer infrastructure than Nigeria

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 11:20am On May 05, 2020
Are you serious

Jamaica is better than Nigeria in scam, organized crime, gangster, and drugs.

2 Likes

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 11:46am On May 05, 2020
jacksonkennedy:
Jamaica is better than Nigeria. Same with Ghana.
Yes we have human capital (mostly igbos and yorubas) but they are leaving Nigeria in droves because of the poor state of the country. There are only few countries in the world that has poorer infrastructure than Nigeria

Do you know Jamaica and Ghana first hand? I do and you cannot compare them to Nigeria. The same Ghana where only Accra and Kumasi are fairly developed with virtually everywhere else sedentary and sleepy villages? Jamaica with a total population of around 3 million people and a size of 4244 square miles? Nigeria with over 200 million people and size of 356, 669 square mile? Seriously madam?

America has Ghettos, crime, corruption, relatively poor infrastructure, poverty and deprivation Iceland and Sweden do not have. Does that make those nation greater than the USA?

Population, urban density etal present challenges even the best nations struggle to overcome.

There is a lot great about Nigeria. Your talk of Nigerian leaving in droves is factually incorrect as relocation of diasporans back to Nigeria is now higher than ever. The same Nigeria you rush to leave the Lebanese, Indians and Chinese move to daily to take advantages of opportunities you cannot even identify let alone be able develop into personal success your beloved Canada can never offer.

Each to their own. Enjoy your life in Canada but don't try and justify your personal choice as superior or indication you are better off than others.

Use the link to read the article below objectively, as I only quote excerpts, about a group I am proudly and happily part of and stop peddling your negative and personalized narrative as everyone's reality.

Many exposed Nigerians don't buy what you are selling and in fact the article below could have been written by myself and many, many Nigerians who, despite good success in the diaspora, now feel completely fulfilled in Nigeria, professionally and personally, because we are thinkers outside the box not motivated by money alone.

https://www.policycenter.ma/opinion/role-african-diaspora-moving-africa-forward#.XrFA91PTVkw

The Role of the African Diaspora in Moving Africa Forward

In spite of the great losses to the continent, there appears to be an emerging bright spot. Parallel to the brain drain is a brain gain. Although data on repatriates moving back to the continent is difficult to source, there is strong anecdotal evidence that as economic crises and social unrest become the norm in several western countries – many young people of African descent have considered or begun moving back to the Continent. According to a survey by Jacana Partners, a pan-African private equity firm, nearly 70% of African MBA students at the top 10 U.S. and European schools planned to return home and work after graduation. As of 2017, Movemeback – a platform for Africans seeking opportunities to return to the Continent – had grown to over 10,000 members in just three years.

For me, one of the biggest drivers for moving back to Nigeria was the feeling that I had hit my professional ceiling in the U.S. and my options to drive considerable impact were limited in its saturated markets. Still, like many before me who took the leap, I quickly discovered that the actual process of moving back was not without its challenges. Between the recession that gripped the country in 2016 to the adjustment of moving back to a land I hadn’t lived in for over 20 years – the move was slow, tricky and took me almost two years to complete. In spite of this, I can say – without a shadow of a doubt – that moving back home has been one of the best decisions I’ve made to date.

As I think of my journey so far, I’m reminded of my younger brother who also moved back to Nigeria just over two years ago. Since moving back, he’s taken on a role within a global NGO that serves enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. In this role, he is responsible for managing a food fortification program in Kenya, Nigeria and Tanzania. Then there’s my younger sister who joined the United Nations and also relocated back to the Continent over two years ago. She’s since led a maternal and infant health program in Sierra Leone and a peacebuilding project in The Gambia. For all three of us, moving back to Africa happened in different ways – but one thing ties us all together: the fulfillment we’ve experienced from bringing our talents back home where the needs are great and our contributions are impactful and deeply meaningful.

12 Likes

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by iykomo0(m): 11:46am On May 05, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
Let me also add that there citizens aren't known for bad things outside their country..

Unlike nigerians that every single country want us out, south Africa, Ghana are complaining of us running their country.

There's even an internet scam named after nigerians.
Nigerian prince?
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by edoairways: 11:51am On May 05, 2020
Iceberg3:

I pity kids born here
North is not the problem rather greed from both northern and southern leaders. An average southern can easily sell his birthright for some cash

2 Likes

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by XANDERBOY85: 11:53am On May 05, 2020
TheGodlessGod:

Every Nigerian knows what to do to uplift our fortunes....either as one country, or individual regions/ethnicities, but we wouldn't because a large section of us love to pretend that all is well!

We've been stumbling in the dark right from 1966 to date, yet nobody is thinking of a drastic overhaul of the polity! Keep on fooling yourselves thinking things will improve by prayer and 'electing' a Buhari to phight kwarruption!

Ndi ara!

2 Likes

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by XANDERBOY85: 11:58am On May 05, 2020
edoairways:

North is not the problem rather greed from both northern and southern leaders. An average southern can easily sell his birthright for some cash

There's enough blame to go round, but a majority of this blame belongs with the politicians/clerics/Emirs of the core muslim north!

The person you quoted is right to some extent....even if we all know hell would first freeze over before the core northern elite would agree to hands off power for 20 years. It's their oxygen!

2 Likes

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by XANDERBOY85: 12:02pm On May 05, 2020
SkyOne11:
Are you serious

Jamaica is better than Nigeria in scam, organized crime, gangster, and drugs.

Jamaica has problems quite alright, but their problems pale into insignificance when placed side-by-side with ours!
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 05, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
no please don't compare us to China let's just compare ourselves to Ghana. Ghana have no oil.

But their citizens are more respected outside of their country than nigeria and they've a better passport, currently and airports than nigeria.

Their economy is not based on import or oil like nigeria, they've a better economy and a better GDP per capital.

I can go on and on about their better power,health and road sectors.

This country is cursed Sha very cursed

This is precisely what I am talking about. A hatefest of folks who would package lies just to achieve their aim of demonizing Nigeria.

Ghana has oil and has had it for a while. Many know nothing of this as Ghana has not benefitted much from oil, like Nigeria surprise surprise, since the West quickly commandeered the oil, because of the antics of lazy and corrupt Ghanaian leaders, to Ghana's detriment.

Go and do your homework as I won't do it for you since I know you are either ignorant or deliberately seeking to mislead people. Neither is good.

7 Likes

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by DATACUG00000(m): 12:17pm On May 05, 2020
cry
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 05, 2020
Grayoso:

This is precisely what I am talking about. A hatefest of folks who would package lies just to achieve their aim of demonizing Nigeria.

Ghana has oil and has had it for a while. Many know nothing of this as Ghana has not benefitted much from oil, like Nigeria surprise surprise, since the West quickly commandeered the oil, because of the antics of lazy and corrupt Ghanaian leaders, to Ghana's detriment.

Go and do your homework as I won't do it for you since I know you are either ignorant or deliberately seeking to mislead people. Neither is good.
when I said Ghana have no oil I meant they aren't in commercial quantities like ours.. nigeria once challenged Arab nation's in biggest petroleum exporters and what do we have in return? Nothing we can't even build our own refineries.

Tell me what is contributing to Ghana economy? Because I know it's not oil

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims / Aisha Yesufu Tackles Peter Obi, Warns Him & Describes His Act As “irritating" / Kanu Asks Fg To Absorb Biafran Scientists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.