Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,781 members, 7,810,036 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud (29083 Views)

2017 Budget: Upkeep Of Presidential Jets Gulps N2.4bn / Supreme Court Officials Charged With N2.2bn Fraud- Daily Trust / Shiroro Power Plant To Operate At Full Capacity After N2.4bn Repairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by Rogersmith(m): 2:26pm On Oct 24, 2016
The Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, has filed four counts of alleged N2.4bn shipping fraud against Innoson Nigeria Limited before a Federal High Court in Lagos.

The charge marked FHC/L/565c/16 filed before Justice Saliu Saidu has five others as defendants.

They are Innocent Chukwuma, Charles Chukwu, Maximian Chukwura, Mitsui Osk Lines and Anajekwu Sunny.

The police accused the defendants of conspiring among themselves to unlawfully falsify shipping clearance documents.

They were accused of uttering the allegedly falsified shipping documents by tendering same as collateral to Guaranty Trust Bank to allegedly obtain a loan of N2.4bn.

The police claimed that the defendants committed the offence at Apapa wharf on October 10, 2013.

The police prosecutor, who signed the charge sheet, U.S. Nwodo, said the offences are contrary to sections 1(2) (c) and 3(6) of the Miscellaneous Offences Act, Cap M17, Laws of the Federation 2004.

When the matter came up on Monday before Justice Saidu, the prosecuting counsel for the police, Mr. J.I. Ajakaiye, informed the court that he had served the charge sheet on all the defendants through their counsel.

He said he had served Innoson Nigeria Limited and Chukwuma since October 21, while the 3rd to 6th defendants were only served on Monday morning through their counsel.

Counsel for Innoson Nigeria Limited, Chief George Uwechue (SAN), confirmed the receipt of the charge sheet by his client but said he needed time to study it.

The other defence counsel, Prof. C. Mbadugha and Mr. Olusola Abioye, aligned themselves with Uwechue.

The prosecutor did not oppose the defence application for an adjournment.

Consequently, Justice Saidu adjourned further proceedings in the case till November 25, 2016.‎

http://punchng.com/igp-charges-innoson-with-n2-4bn-shipping-fraud/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by HungerBAD: 2:29pm On Oct 24, 2016
Nigeria is working.

To those writing below me,I pray God opens your eyes to see that the fight against corruption is above petty tribal sentiments.

A crime has been committed,so because the Company is owned by an Igbo man,we should turn our faces to the other side?because the Igbos are special and above the law?we should rise above this petty tribal coloration.

The sad thing about cases like this,is that those committing these crimes,are low staff members of the company who wants to make a killing,and so forges documents without the company even being aware of these fraudulent acts.

Back to the Tribal writers below me.

The Police that charged the Company is an Igbo man,and most importantly one of the Lawyers defending the Company is a Yoruba Man. Learn a thing or two from this.

Somebody smart down there wrote,and I quote "This happened in 2013" So for the fact the matter has been dragging on for 3 years,the Buhari Government should let it slide because an Igbo man is involved?people with myopic thinking sef.

The fight against corruption in Buhari's Government,is a fight that must be won,no matter whose ox is gored.

163 Likes 16 Shares

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by chriskosherbal(m): 2:31pm On Oct 24, 2016
Hmmmmm when will all this fraud end GOD.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by chadwickcollins(m): 2:33pm On Oct 24, 2016
omo this government na operation deal wit igbo pple

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by yarimo(m): 2:37pm On Oct 24, 2016
Smh And that is how they want independent.
Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 24, 2016
Lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked shocked shocked

The police prosecutor, who signed the charge sheet, U.S. Nwodo grin

8 Likes

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by ikp120(m): 2:42pm On Oct 24, 2016
Let me use this opportunity to appeal to my fellow guys in the house, please stop spending money on girlfriend o... Most naija girls of nowadays are out for money, not love... Please let's discourage it.

As for sex and romance. Abeg which day did sex and romance become exclusive to guys... Both guys and girls enjoy it... If tomorrow she say she no dey do again, you will be able to boldly tell her "Okay"... Was it not my Philippine gf that was eager to send me an iPhone, even when I was like I didn't care?

My guys wise up... Relationship is not a career... When a guy tells me that his girlfriend just jilted him, the only thing I ask him is "Did you spend money on her?". If he says "Yes", me myself go sack the guy sharp sharp. My opinion though.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by owobokiri(m): 2:42pm On Oct 24, 2016
chadwickcollins:

They will fail. . , in a way this is good. Part of the reason why igbo persecution lasted this long within the Nigerian state is because the igbo elite were in bed with the fulani oligarchy. Jonathan ropped them into his camp and lost the elections and a very vindictive APC refused to let them in ever since. . All of a sudden, the Iwuanyanwus, the Arthur Ezes and Emeka Offors are now totally starved of core state influences. We are now in this all together. The humiliation and hostility emanating from buharis abuja will ultimately be felt by all in igbo land and thats when a real strategy to end this nonsense will be unleashed once and for all. .

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by Aufbauh(m): 2:49pm On Oct 24, 2016
chadwickcollins:

Victim mentality is a show of inferiority complex,hence sign of weakness.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by psucc(m): 2:50pm On Oct 24, 2016
Another unholy touch that wants to kill the only indigenous surviving automobile company.

I hope someone talk sense into these evil men.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by Aufbauh(m): 2:51pm On Oct 24, 2016
chadwickcollins:

Stop exposing your people on the altar of so called "ethnic victimization".

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by divinehand2003(m): 2:56pm On Oct 24, 2016
Now pls tell me, how can indigenous or local manufacturing companies cope in Nigeria when they are not even given reliefs or aids or help by the government?

12 Likes

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by ritababe(f): 3:00pm On Oct 24, 2016
psucc:
Another unholy touch that wants to kill the only indigenous surviving automobile company.

I hope someone talk sense into these evil men.

nna eh I nor understand those people again oh.

10 Likes

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 24, 2016
lalasticlala come and buy one innoson ... Nigeria on the verge of killing all southern businesses

6 Likes

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 24, 2016
divinehand2003:
Now pls tell me, how can indigenous or local manufacturing companies cope in Nigeria when they are not even given reliefs or aids or help by the government?
I am still wondering y we are still together

Nigeria is just an accident... and we should not be together because we dream different.... cc falz

10 Likes

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by naijaking1: 4:15pm On Oct 24, 2016
This happened in 2013? And Buhari's igp is now digging all the way back. Who said that the Fulani vengeful memory is not long.
Now they will close down the company forcing many people into unemployment. Later they will wonder why the economy is bad and people are not employed?

40 Likes

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 24, 2016
Nigeria and drama. Today he secured billions of dollars loan with Chinese firm, tomorrow he is charged with billion of naira fraud. I beg who no be frauders or tax evaders among the elites? She na tinubu or dangote or obj or jimoh Ibrahim or atiku or noi or adeosun or judges ? Just name them? And we want to grow as a nation .I no Blane mtn for moving away billions illegally. Ibeg free the man jooor. This attitude can easily kill many aspiring businesses.
Off to canada

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by richidinho(m): 4:16pm On Oct 24, 2016
Trash

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by Ighovent: 4:17pm On Oct 24, 2016
This recession period

1 Like

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by Young03(m): 4:18pm On Oct 24, 2016
odikwa egwu

sentiment's apart

why will he being doing fraud lent things

prosecute him if found guilty

7 Likes

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by RentALodge: 4:18pm On Oct 24, 2016
Forging shipping documents is a big crime and should not be condoned by anybody. It's corruption and somehow kills the system gradually. Despite the fact that the man is an industrialist, he should do his business in accordance to the rules of the land. Otherwise, what is the difference between him and the politicians and judges The problem with Nija is that as long as you are a "BIG MAN" everything you do is right! This mentality has to change. Forget all these tribal sentiments abeg !!!

**If you are a student and you would like to work for RentALodge as a RentALodge contact in your school, see the signature for address. We are recruiting for all schools in Nigeria.**

17 Likes

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by richidinho(m): 4:18pm On Oct 24, 2016
HungerBAD:
Nigeria is working.

To those writing below me,I pray God opens your eyes to see that the fight against corruption is above petty tribal sentiments.

A crime has been committed,so because the Company is owned by an Igbo man,we should turn our faces to the other side?because the Igbos are special and above the law?we should rise above this petty tribal coloration.

The sad thing about cases like this,is that those committing these crimes,are low staff members of the company who wants to make a killing,and so forges documents without the company even being aware of these fraudulent acts.

Back to the Tribal writers below me.

The Police that charged the Company is an Igbo man,and most importantly one of the Lawyers defending the Company is a Yoruba Man,learn a thing or two from this.

The fight against corruption in Buhari's Government,is a fight that must be won,no matter who ox is gored.

Ok bro.... But where is Namadi Sambo now?
No one talks about him cos he is from the king's palace

26 Likes

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 24, 2016
It has happened. Our own Innoson?
But IGP liaise with EFCC please. I no too trust una. Even EFCC sef does poor investigation and prosecution.
Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 24, 2016
police is now doing the work of customs. thats how DSS assumed the role of chief financial crimes investigators. fitting square pegs in round holes.

11 Likes

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 24, 2016
Really? The fraud never existed until they recently signed $1b deal with Chinese company? Buhari can do all he can to terminate the Igbo business merchants, but the truth remains he cannot bury the success and efforts by the Great Igbo men as he wish, impossible! Otherwise he goes in for it.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by hotspec(m): 4:19pm On Oct 24, 2016

7 Likes

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by galaxy4rep(m): 4:20pm On Oct 24, 2016
useless government! Northerners are too wicked, Dangote is saint! their plans has always been to subdue other entrepreneurs so far they are not northerners , they will not rise! if not tell me why they almost killed ibeto....just because they don't need competition so far Dangote is there! How did Dangote and his families made their money? is it not the tru corrup leaders...waivers, the so called leaders conniving with his company to syphon our money! they are stainless now! but others are corrupt..... something that happened 2013 if at all it happened, just because the young man is an Igbo and that he is blowing pressure, they want to subdue him with useless accusations! tell me how Nigeria will b great with all this useless witch hunt. ONE NIGERIA MY ASS!

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by nwabobo: 4:21pm On Oct 24, 2016
The case lacks merit.

4 Likes

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by mrvitalis(m): 4:21pm On Oct 24, 2016
divinehand2003:
I am very sure if u follow tge laid down rules no body will worry u

1 Like

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by OkoYibo: 4:21pm On Oct 24, 2016
Aufbauh:

9 Likes

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by timeman: 4:21pm On Oct 24, 2016
what!!!. for how long will this matter linger on?. jail the criminal already. no time for radarada.
kiss the truth!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo / Onnoghen: NANS Protests Against Buhari's Action / Buhari Sacks Eseme Eyiboh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.