Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,572 members, 7,820,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud (29098 Views)

2017 Budget: Upkeep Of Presidential Jets Gulps N2.4bn / Supreme Court Officials Charged With N2.2bn Fraud- Daily Trust / Shiroro Power Plant To Operate At Full Capacity After N2.4bn Repairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by back2sender: 8:59pm On Oct 24, 2016
chadwickcollins:
omo this government na operation deal wit igbo pple
Igbos are corrupt, we see them every day in our daily lives no need for a soothsayer.
I can bet you genuine business men in igbo are not up to 2%. Even the 5% we dash them is too much and dey no worth am.
Why are My in laws disgracing me like this for show glass like puff puff.

2 Likes

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 24, 2016
rusher14:

This issue was reported on Nairaland many months ago.
So they never pressed charges further nor take it to court till the Chinese deal. You cannot convince me this is coincidence.
I am not supporting innoson at all... He might not be clean. But this charge is too crooked... They are not even wise to wait like 2 weeks
Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by rusher14: 9:59pm On Oct 24, 2016
jammy12:

So they never pressed charges further nor take it to court till the Chinese deal. You cannot convince me this is coincidence.
I am not supporting innoson at all... He might not be clean. But this charge is too crooked... They are not even wise to wait like 2 weeks

https://www.nairaland.com/2403050/gtbank-versus-innoson-facts-innoson
Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by Inova(m): 10:15pm On Oct 24, 2016
priceaction:
Nigeria and drama. Today he secured billions of dollars loan with Chinese firm, tomorrow he is charged with billion of naira fraud. I beg who no be frauders or tax evaders among the elites? She na tinubu or dangote or obj or jimoh Ibrahim or atiku or noi or adeosun or judges ? Just name them? And we want to grow as a nation .I no Blane mtn for moving away billions illegally. Ibeg free the man jooor. This attitude can easily kill many aspiring businesses.
Off to canada
You better be careful. If you try all those things you just said in Canada, there's no escape for you oh. Now go there and be a good boy
Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by steadyguy101: 10:17pm On Oct 24, 2016
is it this country that [b]dangote[/b]confessed to not have paid taxes for ten years, and nothing happened to him?

2 Likes

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by castro316: 11:00pm On Oct 24, 2016
vacanci:

yes o . they have been dealing with so many Igbo people among them are

1. Dasuki
2. Femi Fani Kayode
3. Bafarawa
4. Obanikoro
5. Isa Yuguda
6. Raymond Dokpesi
7. Jauro (Former NIMASA DG)
8. Chief Olu Falae
9. Aliyu Mahmud Shinkafi
10. Bashir Yuguda
11. Gen Bello Sarkin Yaki

and so many more to mention.

why are they after IGBO people like this na. chai. there is God o

Brother is it not clear to you that these are PDP members. For the fact that they are not igbos not tell you that they are their Enemies?
Abeg open your eyes and stop being a bigot
Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by Duru1(m): 11:13pm On Oct 24, 2016
Rogersmith:

The Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, has filed four counts of alleged N2.4bn shipping fraud against Innoson Nigeria Limited before a Federal High Court in Lagos.

The charge marked FHC/L/565c/16 filed before Justice Saliu Saidu has five others as defendants.

They are Innocent Chukwuma, Charles Chukwu, Maximian Chukwura, Mitsui Osk Lines and Anajekwu Sunny.

The police accused the defendants of conspiring among themselves to unlawfully falsify shipping clearance documents.

They were accused of uttering the allegedly falsified shipping documents by tendering same as collateral to Guaranty Trust Bank to allegedly obtain a loan of N2.4bn.

The police claimed that the defendants committed the offence at Apapa wharf on October 10, 2013.

The police prosecutor, who signed the charge sheet, U.S. Nwodo, said the offences are contrary to sections 1(2) (c) and 3(6) of the Miscellaneous Offences Act, Cap M17, Laws of the Federation 2004.

When the matter came up on Monday before Justice Saidu, the prosecuting counsel for the police, Mr. J.I. Ajakaiye, informed the court that he had served the charge sheet on all the defendants through their counsel.

He said he had served Innoson Nigeria Limited and Chukwuma since October 21, while the 3rd to 6th defendants were only served on Monday morning through their counsel.

Counsel for Innoson Nigeria Limited, Chief George Uwechue (SAN), confirmed the receipt of the charge sheet by his client but said he needed time to study it.

The other defence counsel, Prof. C. Mbadugha and Mr. Olusola Abioye, aligned themselves with Uwechue.

The prosecutor did not oppose the defence application for an adjournment.

Consequently, Justice Saidu adjourned further proceedings in the case till November 25, 2016.

http://punchng.com/igp-charges-innoson-with-n2-4bn-shipping-fraud/

I really do not know what of the geographical expression termed Nigeria. Police has no business charging anybody of crime bordering on exercise duties or shipping fraud. This is the job of Nigerian custom.

2 Likes

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by NigPatriot(m): 11:23pm On Oct 24, 2016
chadwickcollins:

It's not about Igbo or Yoruba.
We are trying to build a nation here. Corruption has devoured us, lets deal with it

2 Likes

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by saintandsinnerz: 1:27am On Oct 25, 2016
omenka:
Bro, it is a pathetic situation honestly. I've never seen nonsense like this my entire life. Even when Linda was queried by the Lagos state government over offences related to tax evasion, I am minibot who view just about everything in my miserable live from a tribal periscope said the lagos state government is out to kill her business because she is Igbo!!

Can you believe that? How exactly would it benefit the people of lagos state or her government if they killed her business- would that enhance their revenue base through taxation or deplete it??

When my people speak, you see foolishness radiate in all its glory.
Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by saintandsinnerz: 1:33am On Oct 25, 2016
omenka:
Yes of course- including all the ex governors of northern extraction standing trial.

Once a man is accused of corruption in Nigeria today, you see them rush to such a person's defence like programmed robots.

Their knack for seeing everything through tribal lenses is what criminals like Ekweremadu took advantage of when he wore that Igbo masquerade attire to court- something he's never done before.

Cant they see how they are being used?? Gosh!!
Mr man don't allow Igbo hatred to choke you to death. What kind of obsession is this? grin grin grin You really need help

3 Likes

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by davidif: 3:01am On Oct 25, 2016
HungerBAD:
Nigeria is working.

To those writing below me,I pray God opens your eyes to see that the fight against corruption is above petty tribal sentiments.

A crime has been committed,so because the Company is owned by an Igbo man,we should turn our faces to the other side?because the Igbos are special and above the law?we should rise above this petty tribal coloration.

The sad thing about cases like this,is that those committing these crimes,are low staff members of the company who wants to make a killing,and so forges documents without the company even being aware of these fraudulent acts.

Back to the Tribal writers below me.

The Police that charged the Company is an Igbo man,and most importantly one of the Lawyers defending the Company is a Yoruba Man. Learn a thing or two from this.

Somebody smart down there wrote,and I quote "This happened in 2013" So for the fact the matter has been dragging on for 3 years,the Buhari Government should let it slide because an Igbo man is involved?people with myopic thinking sef.

The fight against corruption in Buhari's Government,is a fight that must be won,no matter whose ox is gored.

Bros, this is why the concept of a national police is so dumb. It is wasteful, inefficient, highly ineffective and corrupt. The issue of policing should be localized; as in local govt should be able to provide policing to there citizenry under the watchful eyes of the state like it happens in a lot of advanced countries. This is why i have been calling for autonomy and decentralization of the republic. Things are waaaaaaaaay to centralized. You have a federal govt electricity company, national oil producing company, govt hospitals, federal universities, you even have a national television station and you wonder why things are so poor in Naija.

For goodness sakes, let the local govt learn to walk. Let them take care of themselves and there people and provide there own police force to govern themselves. Let them elect there police commissioners every for years like other public officials (with a provision to remove them from office if they can't perform or are corrupt). Let the district and state judges also be voted in every 4 years to enable more transparency in the system. If every local govts had there own police force and where being funded by there local govts where police commissioner go find money this amount of money to embezzle.

Naija's problems are so obvious and the solutions are staring us right in the eyes but for some reasons our leaders can't see it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by bigbigger8(m): 3:57am On Oct 25, 2016
chadwickcollins:

Just shut up already! Do not support nonsense because of tribal sentiments.
Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 25, 2016
rusher14:

https://www.nairaland.com/2403050/gtbank-versus-innoson-facts-innoson

Thumbs up to you for showing me this. Shows that the man is actually not clean. (Nobody is clean after all). But I still stand with the fact that they pressed charges further because of that deal.

1 Like

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by rusher14: 8:32am On Oct 25, 2016
jammy12:

Thumbs up to you for showing me this. Shows that the man is actually not clean. (Nobody is clean after all). But I still stand with the fact that they pressed charges further because of that deal.

I have no idea why the charges were pressed other than perhaps because he committed a crime.

Could it also be that he rushed to the press with the issue of Chinese support for his business knowing that by so doing the usual tribal lenses would be donned?

Nigerians are highly sophisticated when it comes to crime and subterfuge. We can never tell who does what for clear conscientious reasons.
Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by vacanci: 8:49am On Oct 25, 2016
sonnie10:

Innoson is not a public servant. He is a private business man. He has never held any money in trust for Nigeria government and the people of Nigeria.

And Raymond Dokpesi a public servant too?
Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 25, 2016
priceaction:
Nigeria and drama. Today he secured billions of dollars loan with Chinese firm, tomorrow he is charged with billion of naira fraud. I beg who no be frauders or tax evaders among the elites? She na tinubu or dangote or obj or jimoh Ibrahim or atiku or noi or adeosun or judges ? Just name them? And we want to grow as a nation .I no Blane mtn for moving away billions illegally. Ibeg free the man jooor. This attitude can easily kill many aspiring businesses.
Off to canada
A
vacanci:

And Raymond Dokpesi a public servant too?

Innoson cant even be a bigger importer than Dangote.

I just wonder why they masturbate over Innoson.

2 Likes

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 25, 2016
back2sender:

Igbos are corrupt, we see them every day in our daily lives no need for a soothsayer.
I can bet you genuine business men in igbo are not up to 2%. Even the 5% we dash them is too much and dey no worth am.
Why are My in laws disgracing me like this for show glass like puff puff.
Your mumu no get part 2. Take high 5. smiley

1 Like

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by Lovechyld101(m): 10:31am On Oct 25, 2016
ikp120:
Let me use this opportunity to appeal to my fellow guys in the house, please stop spending money on girlfriend o... Most naija girls of nowadays are out for money, not love... Please let's discourage it.

As for sex and romance. Abeg which day did sex and romance become exclusive to guys... Both guys and girls enjoy it... If tomorrow she say she no dey do again, you will be able to boldly tell her "Okay"... Was it not my Philippine gf that was eager to send me an iPhone, even when I was like I didn't care?

My guys wise up... Relationship is not a career... When a guy tells me that his girlfriend just jilted him, the only thing I ask him is "Did you spend money on her?". If he says "Yes", me myself go sack the guy sharp sharp. My opinion though.

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 25, 2016
rusher14:

I have no idea why the charges were pressed other than perhaps because he committed a crime.

Could it also be that he rushed to the press with the issue of Chinese support for his business knowing that by so doing the usual tribal lenses would be donned?

Nigerians are highly sophisticated when it comes to crime and subterfuge. We can never tell who does what for clear conscientious reasons.

Common, you don't rush to the press with such news. A billion dollar contract will attract the press naturally and its parasites - which I feel the police is part of. You are telling me not to judge the police where every single experience we have had with them has one form of corruption.

1 Like

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by Billygee2u: 12:31pm On Oct 25, 2016
owobokiri:

They will fail. . , in a way this is good. Part of the reason why igbo persecution lasted this long within the Nigerian state is because the igbo elite were in bed with the fulani oligarchy. Jonathan ropped them into his camp and lost the elections and a very vindictive APC refused to let them in ever since. . All of a sudden, the Iwuanyanwus, the Arthur Ezes and Emeka Offors are now totally starved of core state influences. We are now in this all together. The humiliation and hostility emanating from buharis abuja will ultimately be felt by all in igbo land and thats when a real strategy to end this nonsense will be unleashed once and for all. .
Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by rusher14: 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2016
jammy12:

Common, you don't rush to the press with such news. A billion dollar contract will attract the press naturally and its parasites - which I feel the police is part of. You are telling me not to judge the police where every single experience we have had with them has one form of corruption.

What is it with Nigerians and always defending corruption?

The GTbank took innosons to court on what is a criminal case. Such criminal cases involve the police.

The media loves stories like that and they go to town with it.

Why must it be a thing the common man on the street wants to defend?

Let the case be tried and if Innosons are found guilty they take the full weight of the law otherwise, they file for whatever compensation or recompense they deserve.

Bigger firms in this world have been involved in similar and even greater crimes.

Some are now defunct e.g. Barings bank, Arthur Andersen etc. Nobody cried witch-hunting or tribal pursuit. Why do we always do this with our own cases?

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 25, 2016
rusher14:

What is it with Nigerians and always defending corruption?

The GTbank took innosons to court on what is a criminal case. Such criminal cases involve the police.

The media loves stories like that and they go to town with it.

Why must it be a thing the common man on the street wants to defend?

Let the case be tried and if Innosons are found guilty they take the full weight of the law otherwise, they file for whatever compensation or recompense they deserve.

Bigger firms in this world have been involved in similar and even greater crimes.

Some are now defunct e.g. Barings bank, Arthur Andersen etc. Nobody cried witch-hunting or tribal pursuit. Why do we always do this with our own cases?

Can you please outline any of my comments where I defended Innoson? I did not defend him.... I am merely saying the prosecutor is just as corrupt. Why will I defend Innoson.... But I cannot keep shut when Innoson is being tried and Dangote is plundering our resources to build a private Refinery. When only select people are tried for corruption like FFK and EFCC have not visited Amaechi recently. When DSS illegally abduct Supreme court justices and within a week appoint 2 new Supreme Court Justice ( to me is to replace the accused ones). When the FG have taken over the military.

I must say I was one of those deceived by this Change agenda but I can assure you that no northerner will get Nigerians presidency again after what has happened.

1 Like

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by rusher14: 2:40pm On Oct 25, 2016
jammy12:

Can you please outline any of my comments where I defended Innoson? I did not defend him.... I am merely saying the prosecutor is just as corrupt. Why will I defend Innoson.... But I cannot keep shut when Innoson is being tried and Dangote is plundering our resources to build a private Refinery. When only select people are tried for corruption like FFK and EFCC have not visited Amaechi recently. When DSS illegally abduct Supreme court justices and within a week appoint 2 new Supreme Court Justice ( to me is to replace the accused ones). When the FG have taken over the military.

I must say I was one of those deceived by this Change agenda but I can assure you that no northerner will get Nigerians presidency again after what has happened.

OK this is all about North vs South, PDP vs APC.

Stop playing God. You cannot assure anything.

Just say you won't be voting a northerner and leave it at that.

1 Like

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 25, 2016
rusher14:

OK this is all about North vs South, PDP vs APC.

Stop playing God. You cannot assure anything.

Just say you won't be voting a northerner and leave it at that.

OK I agree ... Just want to note that we better realize that whatever is wrong with this nation is deeply rooted in Ethnicity and Religious vices and Shown as Biased corruption.
It is not difficult to know that when someone fools me once, it is stupidity for me to be fooled again. All Buhari antics are tribe related hence no one will want to vote for any northerner.
All these are my opinions and should be considered as such.
Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 25, 2016
jammy12:

OK I agree ... Just want to note that we better realize that whatever is wrong with this nation is deeply rooted in Ethnicity and Religious vices and Shown as Biased corruption.
It is not difficult to know that when someone fools me once, it is stupidity for me to be fooled again. All Buhari antics are tribe related hence no one will want to vote for any northerner.
All these are my opinions and should be considered as such
Man you're stating facts...... gullible Nigerians will bury their heads under the sand rather than facing the truth.

1 Like

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 25, 2016
blues20:

Man you're stating facts...... gullible Nigerians will bury their heads under the sand rather than facing the truth.
Thanks. Unfortunately it is sad that majority of the common Nigerians are pawns to these politicians. They feed off this corruption money chain that is why most masses can't really stand up to it. The few that stand up to it are promptly killed.
Honestly we need something more than the ordinary to get rid of corruption in Nigeria.

Thanks for the talk ... You spoke a lot of sense too

1 Like

Re: IGP Charges Innoson With N2.4bn Shipping Fraud by sonnie10: 3:07pm On Oct 27, 2016
sonnie10:

You are very shallow minded. Remember Innoson won a case against this group of people and was awarded money running into billions. The same people ganged up against him with their cronies in power to intimidate and retaliate by initiating this law suit. This can only happen in Nigeria, in other saner climes, this case would be thrown out solely because it is based on retaliation.

Press Release

SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT

We are constrained to respond to fictitious news published by some news print medium on Monday October 24th 2016 on The Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, filing four counts of alleged N2.4bn shipping fraud against Innoson Nigeria Limited before a Federal High Court in Lagos.

The said report which was published with the ultimate aim of maligning the reputation of Dr Innocent Chukwuma OFR on the same period he was playing host to his Strategic Chinese business partners wouldn’t have merited our response. But we are constrained to respond to this fallacious news and state the true position of things in order to keep the record straight.

Guaranty Trust Bank PLC (GTB) imposed excess and unlawful charges running into Billions of Naira on Innoson Nig Ltd’s current account with it. Also, GTB fraudulently appropriated these Billions of Naira from Innoson’s account. As a result, Innoson commenced suit No: FHC/AWK/CS/139/2012 against GTB and therein got judgment in excess of N4.7Billion against GTB. GTB appealed against the judgment to the Court of Appeal, vide, Appeal No: CA/E/288/2013. There, the Court of Appeal ordered GTB to pay over N6Billion being the judgment with the accrued interest.
Separately, in another case, suit No: FHC/L/CS/603/2006, the Federal High Court ordered GTB to pay over N2.4Billion to Innoson.

GTB appealed against this judgment/order in Appeal No: CA/I/258/2011. However, Court of Appeal dismissed the appeal and ordered GTB to pay the N2.4Billion to Innoson.
Finding no justifiable way of getting Innoson to abandon the aforesaid judgments, which as at today is over N10Billion given the post judgment interest, or to let it pay a lesser sum to Innoson, GTB instigated the Police to initiate a trumped up charge – Charge No: FHC/L/565c/2015 against Innoson Nig Ltd. This charge was filed on 21st December 2015. However, when the Inspector General of Police discovered that the charge is a trumped – a ruse – it withdrew the charge through its Notice of Withdrawal dated 17th February 2016 and adequately filed in the court.

Subsequently, the Inspector General of Police urged the Court to strike out the charge but for some strange reasons the court adjourned the matter rather than strike it out. After this but before the next adjourned date, Mr. Diri - the former Director of Public Prosecution, Federal Republic of Nigeria – wrote a letter claiming that the Attorney General of the Federation had taken over the case.

The said letter which was back dated was never initialled by the Registrar or any officer of the Court nor filed at the Court’s Registry as required by law and practice was rather smuggled into the case file. This letter coupled with other activities of Mr. Diri led to his being relieved of his post as the Director of Public Prosecution.

As it is now, the Inspector General of Police, whether former or present has not filed any new charge against Innoson Nigeria Ltd and its managing director and Mr. J. I. Ajakaye who apparently is acting without any authority is not a Police Officer.

The matter came up on Monday, 24th October 2016 for the presiding judge to recuse himself from presiding over the charge and for same to be struck out having been withdrawn. Mr. Ajakaye never and did not serve any charge on the counsel representing the defendants in the matter. A charge is an originating process and can only be served on a defendant and not his lawyer. Again, Innoson’s lawyers do not have its instructions to accept any originating process including a charge on its behalf.

Cornel Osigwe
Public Relations and Media Assistant
Innoson Group

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/10/innoson-motors-reacts-to-allegation.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ibrahim Dasuki's Corpse Arrives Sokoto For Final Burial In Chartered Plane. PICS / Solomon Dalung’s Wife Naomi And Children (Photos) / RCCG Speaks On Governor Ayo Fayose, Ekiti State PDP Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.