Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,136 members, 7,835,811 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme (810990 Views)

2019 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Recruitment - Assessment Centre Notification / Recruitment For FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by witty17(m): 1:28pm On Jul 24, 2017
multikolour:
guy received mail from them last week that I should not be disturbed that the assessment is still on
I did as well but that was last week. And I'm sure those who got invite today also got the email last week
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by multikolour(m): 1:30pm On Jul 24, 2017
witty17:

I did as well but that was last week. And I'm sure those who got invite today also got an email last week telling 'em not to worry the assessment is still ongoing.
if am the only one remaining, I will give them a call tomorrow morning to know how far.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by witty17(m): 1:42pm On Jul 24, 2017
multikolour:
if am the only one remaining, I will give them a call tomorrow morning to know how far.
You are not the only one mate. I haven't gotten the invite yet. Still waiting for that to come through.

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by adhel90: 1:43pm On Jul 24, 2017
im yet to get AC invite as well.....wrote my test in lagos. So you are not the only one.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by dkingskid: 1:49pm On Jul 24, 2017
u r saying the same thing with him, all he's saying is, since this is the 6th week and we were told the process will last for 6 weeks, then we shiuld all get an invite from them today, or at the most, sometime during the week.
multikolour:
guy received mail from them last week that I should not be disturbed that the assessment is still on
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Ayo12345(m): 1:54pm On Jul 24, 2017
adhel90:
im yet to get AC invite as well.....wrote my test in lagos. So you are not the only one.

Lastweek ke! i wrote in Lagos, but i never receive AC invite.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by AlexCk: 2:12pm On Jul 24, 2017
Ayo12345:

Lastweek ke! i wrote in Lagos, but i never receive AC invite.

Same here, got d mail too

Abi dem wan shift us enter medicals without AC ni gringrin
Cuz honestly ayam not understanding o

4 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by gsleek(m): 2:42pm On Jul 24, 2017
how una take apply na
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by beshiman(m): 2:44pm On Jul 24, 2017
multikolour:

You're not the only one.
Keep calm!
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by LollyJoe: 2:46pm On Jul 24, 2017
Mehn...Its time to review up to 10-15 threads backwards, shouldnt have been up to that if not for some un-necessary comments.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by sorzy1(m): 2:56pm On Jul 24, 2017
still on the chill pill!
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by sorzy1(m): 2:57pm On Jul 24, 2017
witty17:

You are not the only one mate. I haven't gotten the invite yet. Still waiting for that to come through.
we are together.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by dkingskid: 3:06pm On Jul 24, 2017
this is also unnecessary u know? #justsaying
LollyJoe:
Mehn...Its time to review up to 10-15 threads backwards, shouldnt have been up to that if not for some un-necessary comments.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by LollyJoe: 3:54pm On Jul 24, 2017
For you its un-necessary.

we all have diff channels of preparation, that is what will give a lead for the remaining of the week in view. So it depends on you.

dkingskid:
this is also unnecessary u know? #justsaying
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by dkingskid: 4:32pm On Jul 24, 2017
ur point abt the comments being unnecessary is what i termed unnecessary and not what you're saying, but hey! its fine. lets get back to our primary purpose of being here
LollyJoe:
For you its un-necessary.

we all have diff channels of preparation, that is what will give a lead for the remaining of the week in view. So it depends on you.

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Abumas99: 5:37pm On Jul 24, 2017
I think it is possible for Firstbank to recruit all the candidates that came for this ac since Firstbank has over 750 branches nation wide and I was told it is a nation wide recruitment. moreover,if you look at various branches of first bank in each state,they are under staffed.so each of the 37 state in Nigeria absorbing 65 candidates each is not too much for Firstbank .so just like npower,once you attempted the text you ve been selected.so palz arrange your bags and start preparing for training school.cant wait to see you guys in training school come September or October.

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by domzy007(m): 5:55pm On Jul 24, 2017
Hello house, been away from this thread ever since I didn't get any success or rejection mail from FB after the aptitude test. Going by the speculations I'm reading here now, should one really expect to be invited to the AC?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by witty17(m): 6:02pm On Jul 24, 2017
domzy007:
Hello house, been away from this thread ever since I didn't get any success or rejection mail from FB after the aptitude test. Going by the speculations I'm reading here now, should one really expect to be invited to the AC?
Sorry mate. It's for only those who got the success email from weeks back.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Divami: 6:47pm On Jul 24, 2017
Hello guys. Still awaiting my AC date. For those saying this is the 6th wk, I just want to point out that its not. The 6th wk was actually last wk but I don't think anyone was invited. This is actually the 7th wk. Good luck to all those who have been scheduled and more patience to those of us who still wait.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by AlexCk: 7:06pm On Jul 24, 2017
gsleek:
how una take apply na

Dude, applied since last year bro, wrote test 7months back, infact, majority if not all applied last year
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by dachaste(f): 8:06pm On Jul 24, 2017
dkingskid:
does anyone have any idea what the assessment centre will be about? please share oooo, epp a brother. tainz in anticipation grin

Choii shocked R u for real?

Haba!!! Brother why !!!! cry cry

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by TheMan001: 8:19pm On Jul 24, 2017
What is giving me hope now is that HCP said they did not hold AC last week, therefore we are in the 5th week. There is hope for the chill pillers. Thank God smiley... I will sleep well this week grin grin I have hope for the invite finally

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Adeyemi0(m): 8:41pm On Jul 24, 2017
I don't want Saturday oo...dpr comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by cloud9usher: 8:50pm On Jul 24, 2017
TheMan001:
What is giving me hope now is that HCP said they did not hold AC last week, therefore we are in the 5th week. There is hope for the chill pillers. Thank God smiley... I will sleep well this week grin grin I have hope for the invite finally

I hate to be a kill joy and burst your bubble but you are wrong!

The AC process started the week of Monday - 12th June 2017. The email HCP sent us reads thus:

"Further to our earlier e-mail, the next phase of the recruitment process for the FirstBank 2017 GT Programme is set to begin. The process is scheduled to run in batches over the next six weeks; the first batch of candidates has been invited for this week."

That email was sent on Monday - 12th June 2017, the first batch had their AC that week signalling the first week of AC, and HCP stated AC would run for six weeks, from that week to this week removing last week makes it six weeks, so according to HCP's statement this week is the final 6th week of AC.

Except they wanna extend it or something. To be on the safe side please disturb HCP phone lines to schedule you, its better to be on the safe side o!

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by sorzy1(m): 10:15pm On Jul 24, 2017
I called them this evening and they said AC is still on, if you have received the three mails they sent earlier then just exercise more patience they will invite you for the AC.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Asiri1991: 10:30pm On Jul 24, 2017
Chai! People still waiting for invitation while I'm waiting for success mail and hoping for for a good DPR outing tomorrow. it's well.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by TheMan001: 12:51am On Jul 25, 2017
cloud9usher:

I hate to be a kill joy and burst your bubble but you are wrong!

The AC process started the week of Monday - 12th June 2017. The email HCP sent us reads thus:

"Further to our earlier e-mail, the next phase of the recruitment process for the FirstBank 2017 GT Programme is set to begin. The process is scheduled to run in batches over the next six weeks; the first batch of candidates has been invited for this week."

That email was sent on Monday - 12th June 2017, the first batch had their AC that week signalling the first week of AC, and HCP stated AC would run for six weeks, from that week to this week removing last week makes it six weeks, so according to HCP's statement this week is the final 6th week of AC.

Except they wanna extend it or something. To be on the safe side please disturb HCP phone lines to schedule you, its better to be on the safe side o!

Thank you for letting me know. I just read my email three days ago and I was so happy to see it. I could not even believe it knowing that I did a lot of guessing a.k.a tumbum tumbum in the aptitude test. Please how does the power point work because I don't even know where to start sef and group discussion topic, what will it be. Any info please
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by witty17(m): 12:59am On Jul 25, 2017
TheMan001:

Thank you for letting me know. I just read my email three days ago and I was so happy to see it. I could not even believe it knowing that I did a lot of guessing a.k.a tumbum tumbum. Please how does the power point work because I don't even know where to start sef.

lol. gave me a laugh. you need learning PowerPoint asap if you don't know how it works. windows 8 should do just fine.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by TheMan001: 1:05am On Jul 25, 2017
witty17:

lol. gave me a laugh. you need learning PowerPoint asap if you don't know how it works. windows 8 should do just fine.

Bros where will I see windows 8? are we not suppose to learn all this things during training? My laptop has even crashed sef. Kai. Please help me with detailed info. Pls
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by cloud9usher: 6:56am On Jul 25, 2017
TheMan001:

Thank you for letting me know. I just read my email three days ago and I was so happy to see it. I could not even believe it knowing that I did a lot of guessing a.k.a tumbum tumbum in the aptitude test. Please how does the power point work because I don't even know where to start sef and group discussion topic, what will it be. Any info please

First and foremost, learn Powerpoint on the popular Windows 7. All the computers I saw in the computer room ran on Windows 7. And since you are not too competent with Powerpoint learn with Windows 7, don't complicate yourself with Windows 8.

About learning Powerpoint, just learn the basic things, how to open the PP package on the laptop, how to use the slides, how to add text to the slides, how to move to the next slides, then how to make your slides show in viewing mode to do a presentation and how to move from one slide to another by using the back and forth keys on the computer you'd be provided to present it on.

There is nothing complicated about it, from the group discussion you must have gotten all the info you need for the PP, so all you'd be doing is just filling the information on your slides, that's all.

For the presentation, my assessors didn't say a word all through my presentation but just watched while I explained so I don't know if other people where quizzed about some things doing the presentation. After my presentation one of the assessor just looked at the other and said "For me I don't have an objection or question, or do you" and the other one said "No." She then said she just wanted to add a short professional point being a banker as she feels that info is important as well and I took note of it and I thanked them and left.

The point she gave me came in handy in the essay because in the essay part we were to write about the group discussion and there was a part to add your personal additions which was not discussed in the group but you feel is important as well so her professional info came in handy in that section of the essay.

In your presentation don't just drop the points as you typed them on the slides and move to the next, try and explain them aptly but don't waste too much time explaining because you have a limited time to present.

All the best to you, its not as stressful and difficult as it seems, its just a well-rounded assessment of your competence and skills.

11 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by dkingskid: 7:03am On Jul 25, 2017
thanks a lot for this? anything else u think we shld know? asides from the group session and individual presentation
cloud9usher:

First and foremost, learn Powerpoint on the popular Windows 7. All the computers I saw in the computer room ran on Windows 7. And since you are not too competent with Powerpoint learn with Windows 7, don't complicate yourself with Windows 8.

About learning Powerpoint 7, just learn the basic things, how to open the PP package on the laptop, how to use the slides, how to add text to the slides, how to move to the next slides, then how to make your slides show in viewing mode to do a presentation and how to move from one slide to another by using the back and forth keys on the computer you'd be provided to present it on.

There is nothing complicated about it, from the group discussion you must have gotten all the info you need for the PP, so all you'd be doing is just filling the information on your slides, that's all.

For the presentation, my assessors didn't say a word all through my presentation but just watched while I explained so I don't know if other people where quizzed about some things doing the presentation. After my presentation one of the assessor just looked at the other and said "For me I don't have an objection or question, or do you" and the other one said "No." She then said she just wanted to add something because as a banker she feels that point is important as well and I took note of it and I thanked them and left.

The point she gave me came in handy in the essay because in the essay part we were to write about the group discussion and all there was a part to add your personal additions which was not discussed in the group but you feel is important as well so her professional info came in handy in that section of the essay.

In your presentation don't just drop the points as you typed them on the slides and move to the next, try and explain them aptly but don't waste too much time explaining because you have a limited time to present.

All the best to you, its not as stressful and difficult as it seems, its just a well-rounded assessment of your competence and skills.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by cloud9usher: 7:19am On Jul 25, 2017
dkingskid:
thanks a lot for this? anything else u think we shld know? asides from the group session and individual presentation

You'd start with your group discussion, make sure you are audible and make sure you give valid points to the discussion and make sure you take down notes of every thing discussed because you will need it all through the assessment.

For the logical and numerical reasoning, try and be VERY FAST in this section, they deliberately include impossible to answer questions in there to waste your time, immediately a question is taking more than 50 seconds then leave it and move to the next, you have barely one minute for every question, just 20 minutes to answer these questions.

For the presentation I have discussed that already above.

You'd write an essay as well as I have explained above.

Then there is an panel interview as well, be confident and cover all basic interview questions but make sure you prove that you would be an ASSET to First bank in regards to what you can bring to the table, then also know all about First bank so you can give you take on this if asked.

Then lastly, please dress to impress, appearance matters as well and there are points attached to that as well.
Also, psyche yourself that the AC is not some difficult thing and prepare for it well and you would turn out enjoying the whole thing, I just had fun through the whole thing and enjoyed myself, when you are not stressed you would perform at your best.

All the best to you guys still to do your assessment, you guys should get done already so we start expecting success mails for medicals/documentation.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (224) (Reply)

Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? / Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.