Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,137 members, 7,835,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme (810991 Views)

2019 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Recruitment - Assessment Centre Notification / Recruitment For FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by dkingskid: 7:35am On Jul 25, 2017
thanks fam, you're the best! see u in training school
cloud9usher:

You'd start with your group discussion, make sure you are audible and make sure you give valid points to the discussion and make sure you take down notes of every thing discussed because you will need it all through the assessment.

For the logical and numerical reasoning, try and be VERY FAST in this section, they deliberately include impossible to answer questions in there to waste your time, immediately a question is taking more than 50 seconds then leave it and move to the next, you have barely one minute for every question, just 20 minutes to answer these questions.

For the presentation I have discussed that already above.

You'd write an essay as well as I have explained above.

Then there is an panel interview as well, be confident and cover all basic interview questions but make sure you prove that you would be an ASSET to First bank in regards to what you can bring to the table, then also know all about First bank so you can give you take on this if asked.

Then lastly, please dress to impress, appearance matters as well and there are points attached to that as well.
Also, psyche yourself that the AC is not some difficult thing and prepare for it well and you would turn out enjoying the whole thing, I just had fun through the whole thing and enjoyed myself, when you are not stressed you would perform at your best.

All the best to you guys still to do your assessment, you guys should get done already so we start expecting success mails for medicals/documentation.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by witty17(m): 8:16am On Jul 25, 2017
dkingskid:
thanks fam, you're the best! see u in training school
thanks for taking the time.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by domzy007(m): 8:44am On Jul 25, 2017
witty17:

Sorry mate. It's for only those who got the success email from weeks back.
Thanks for the clarification. Wish you all success!
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by damilee(m): 9:40am On Jul 25, 2017
So I was supposed to attend the First Bank AC this saturday but olowogbogboro has made a way for me where I thought there was no way. PWCs mail landed yesterday. For those still in the job hunt, never stop believing. God and Persistence are the keys. Never ever ever give up. I graduated in 2014, finished service in 2015. Wrote KPMG during service, I failed. Got to the last stages of the following: Access Bank, NSE, PWC last year, Sterling Bank but I wasn't employed. After 6 months of staying at home, I taught for 6 months and earned 25k teaching data processing and computer studies. Then I got a graduate internship position in a software development company where i have worked for one year up till now. Moral of the story, never ever give up. God is alive.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by TheMan001: 9:51am On Jul 25, 2017
cloud9usher:

You'd start with your group discussion, make sure you are audible and make sure you give valid points to the discussion and make sure you take down notes of every thing discussed because you will need it all through the assessment.

For the logical and numerical reasoning, try and be VERY FAST in this section, they deliberately include impossible to answer questions in there to waste your time, immediately a question is taking more than 50 seconds then leave it and move to the next, you have barely one minute for every question, just 20 minutes to answer these questions.

For the presentation I have discussed that already above.

You'd write an essay as well as I have explained above.

Then there is an panel interview as well, be confident and cover all basic interview questions but make sure you prove that you would be an ASSET to First bank in regards to what you can bring to the table, then also know all about First bank so you can give you take on this if asked.

Then lastly, please dress to impress, appearance matters as well and there are points attached to that as well.
Also, psyche yourself that the AC is not some difficult thing and prepare for it well and you would turn out enjoying the whole thing, I just had fun through the whole thing and enjoyed myself, when you are not stressed you would perform at your best.

All the best to you guys still to do your assessment, you guys should get done already so we start expecting success mails for medicals/documentation.

Thanks a lot. You have been of immense help, I will try my best to do as you have said and stay optimistic. You say they give us points readily available for us to present. So group discussions are only for the essay?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by beshiman(m): 10:13am On Jul 25, 2017
damilee:
So I was supposed to attend the First Bank AC this saturday but olowogbogboro has made a way for me where I thought there was no way. PWCs mail landed yesterday. For those still in the job hunt, never stop believing. God and Persistence are the keys. Never ever ever give up. I graduated in 2014, finished service in 2015. Wrote KPMG during service, I failed. Got to the last stages of the following: Access Bank, NSE, PWC last year, Sterling Bank but I wasn't employed. After 6 months of staying at home, I taught for 6 months and earned 25k teaching data processing and computer studies. Then I got a graduate internship position in a software development company where i have worked for one year up till now. Moral of the story, never ever give up. God is alive.

Wow!

Congrats!

This reminds me how I got to the last stage recruitment of KPMG last year but I wasn't chosen. Yet, I never relented for once..

I like your success story.

All the best ahead!

8 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by cloud9usher: 10:17am On Jul 25, 2017
TheMan001:

Thanks a lot. You have been of immense help, I will try my best to do as you have said and stay optimistic. You say they give us points readily available for us to present. So group discussions are only for the essay?

No, what you discuss with your group members in the group discussion is what you would use to build the information on your slides for the Powerpoint presentation, and its the same information you got from the group discussion you'd also use for the essay part.

So make sure you take down notes in your group discussion

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by damilee(m): 10:21am On Jul 25, 2017
Thanks man
beshiman:

Wow!

Congrats!

This reminds me how I got to the last stage recruitment of KPMG last year but I wasn't chosen. Yet, I never relented for once..

I like your success story.

All the best ahead!
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by cloud9usher: 10:41am On Jul 25, 2017
damilee:

God is indeed faithful! Brother, I can relate to a lot of things you went through, I will definitely tell my testimony soon too to encourage others as well.

The shining stage of your life has finally blossomed, be humble, be diligent and focused and do great things ahead.

Meet you at the top bro, big congrats to you man!

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by fortunes01: 10:49am On Jul 25, 2017
cloud9usher:

God is indeed faithful! Brother, I can relate to a lot of things you went through, I will definitely tell my testimony soon too to encourage others as well.

The shining stage of your life has finally blossomed, be humble, be diligent and focused and do great things ahead.

I thot damilee was a sister o. Congrats all the same bro!
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by chudionu58(f): 10:57am On Jul 25, 2017
How close is Ilasa to Iganmu?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by damilee(m): 11:09am On Jul 25, 2017
Thanks Man , am sure Olowogbogboro will visit u soon too. Thank u so much for d advice. See u at the top
cloud9usher:

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by damilee(m): 11:10am On Jul 25, 2017
Lol am a bro lol, Thank u so much
fortunes01:

I thot damilee was a sister o. Congrats all the same bro!
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by TheMan001: 11:33am On Jul 25, 2017
cloud9usher:

No, what you discuss with your group members in the group discussion is what you would use to build the information on your slides for the Powerpoint presentation, and its the same information you got from the group discussion you'd also use for the essay part.

So make sure you take down notes in your group discussion

ok bro. God help me
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 25, 2017
Me am just here expecting success mail and invitation for medicals. Can anybody tell how they would judge participates of the AC. Anybody ready to GI shoping for some nice suits and shoes. grin cool. In d mean time who is writing DPR tomoro, pls help a brother with materials make I read small.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by bayus2003(m): 11:44am On Jul 25, 2017
ezzo09:
Me am just here expecting success mail and invitation for medicals. Can anybody tell how they would judge participates of the AC. Anybody ready to GI shoping for some nice suits and shoes. grin cool. In d mean time who is writing DPR tomoro, pls help a brother with materials make I read small.
smiley i sent you a PM or send me a PM. it seems i've been limited to send PM
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by chudionu58(f): 12:04pm On Jul 25, 2017
Guys answer na
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by bayus2003(m): 12:29pm On Jul 25, 2017
chudionu58:
Guys answer
na
seems ilasa is cele n mile 2 side. its a bit far from iganmu...
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by chudionu58(f): 12:59pm On Jul 25, 2017
bayus2003:
seems ilasa is cele n mile 2 side. its a bit far from iganmu...
Like how many minutes?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Omobadeoye: 1:08pm On Jul 25, 2017
ezzo09:
read Gmat
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by bayus2003(m): 1:19pm On Jul 25, 2017
chudionu58:
Like how many minutes?
say 30mins traffic free via surulere-eric moore to FBN training sch
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by cheks123: 1:44pm On Jul 25, 2017
Lagosians please direct me on how I can get to First Academy from AIT Road, Alagbado Lagos.

Also kindly help me estimate how long it will take to make the trip.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Harbeesorlah: 2:48pm On Jul 25, 2017
Omobadeoye:
read Gmat
lol.......we are same shoes,i heard from a friend that wrote dpr test ystdy dt it is the usual numerical,verbal and logical format.Gmat materials will do.am scheduled for 9:30am at JKK Building,Ikorodu road.....what about u you?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by chudionu58(f): 3:48pm On Jul 25, 2017
bayus2003:
say 30mins traffic free via surulere-eric moore to FBN training sch
Its OK
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Tripleb: 6:32pm On Jul 25, 2017
chudionu58:
How close is Ilasa to Iganmu?

From Ilasa take a bus to idiaraba from idi... take a bus to ojuelegba from oju... take BRT to costain from cos.. take keke to breweries or trek, 1hr max! Alternatively take a bus to Oshodi from osho... take a BRT bus to costain!

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Kabir0498(m): 6:33pm On Jul 25, 2017
Plz does First bank Nigeria starts calling the successful candidates for 2017 to T. s??
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Tripleb: 6:36pm On Jul 25, 2017
cheks123:
Lagosians please direct me on how I can get to First Academy from AIT Road, Alagbado Lagos.

Take a bus to Oshodi and get a BRT to costain from costain keke to d NB PLC. or take a bus to
Ikeja along den board a bus to Ojota den BRT to d place! Jus keep 2hrs for the trip!
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by witty17(m): 7:06pm On Jul 25, 2017
did anyone get AC invite today? I haven't heard anyone say they are scheduled for Friday, it's suppose to be Friday and Saturday, Isn't it?

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Loboski: 8:48pm On Jul 25, 2017
damilee:

Congratulations sir
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Omobadeoye: 10:55pm On Jul 25, 2017
Harbeesorlah:

lol.......we are same shoes,i heard from a friend that wrote dpr test ystdy dt it is the usual numerical,verbal and logical format.Gmat materials will do.am scheduled for 9:30am at JKK Building,Ikorodu road.....what about u you?
I did mine today and it was cool tho
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Onlywoman92: 6:23am On Jul 26, 2017
^^^ oh ye people that doeth DPR tinz...hath ye not enough DPR threads already for which thou discusseth angry

Kindly migrate to your "threads" and quit the derailing and confusion here.

Tanz a bunch as you comply undecided

8 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by cheks123: 7:54am On Jul 26, 2017
cheks123:

Thanks man, I will better look for a closer place.

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (224) (Reply)

Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? / Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.