Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,898 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme (809543 Views)

2019 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Recruitment - Assessment Centre Notification / Recruitment For FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Heartbeat01: 4:17am On Oct 17, 2017
Let it go
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by preshlysoundz(m): 8:47am On Oct 17, 2017
Nlanded,it haff do.

Tigris, i'm from an engineering background and I have no idea whatsoever as regards accounting,the last time I was in a class for that was in secondary school and my flunking was always legendary.
So, where should be our starting point?

Even though we know the courses would be covered in TS,it won't be bad to know certain basics and have an idea of what we'll be facing.

Oya make una start to talk, no too much grammer abeg.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Tigris007: 8:58am On Oct 17, 2017
nlanded:

please stop all this pretence,stop claiming you had not and will not result to slander and insults when you did a lot of it yesterday,even the person whom you just quoted said he was disappointed in you and cloud9,so you feel he was disappointed in you as a result of you being clean here? I hate when people are acting fake and pretending. Now you are trying to sound helpful here by pretending to want to contribute constructively because mods deleted comments of the issue which went down here.

Now to the "constructive" topic you thought to be bringing,there is little that management discipline graduates can do here to teach you much on accounting,that is what first bank training school is for,its called foundation school because it would teach you basic foundation concerning every banking concept and principles that you need,all that would be covered in training school. Now we just wait and pray training school starts soon so we can move on with our career goals with first bank. Have a great day everyone

Hey landed. Top of the morning to you. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion but I asked you as at yesterday afternoon to show where I insulted cloud....you did not respond until this morning writing all you just wrote. Someone saying he/she is disappointed is actually a relative term....where I come from you scold both whoever is right and whoever isn't just to ensure there is peace and not to let the other party feel much aggrieved.(This is not to say I am right)

You actually said you didn't want to get involved in this but you clearly are in thick of it....try to prove whatever you assert and don't be overridden with emotions.(this is not an insult, is it?). I actually made the above statement to emphasise and denounce the zero-sum approach to arguements on this thread...it didn't start today he who must come to equity must come with clean hands".

At the heat of the e-fisticuffs grin yesterday I made a statement even though hidden had no layer of over-ridden emotion. I wrote that at night but I had asked since in the afternoon to point out where I insulted him. If you are to be sincere with yourself, if I was the very person you are defending, by now you know what you are likely to read.

I answered because you quoted me. And as regards the accounting foundation stuff, please try not to use a note of finality in your statements. Someone else might think otherwise and decide to run a few accounting topics on this thread!

Please relax, take a deep breath. Look at what you typed and what i just typed? Who just insulted?

Cheers!

cool

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Tigris007: 9:12am On Oct 17, 2017
preshlysoundz:
Nlanded,it haff do.

Tigris, i'm from an engineering background and I have no idea whatsoever as regards accounting,the last time I was in a class for that was in secondary school and my flunking was always legendary.
So, where should be our starting point?

Even though we know the courses would be covered in TS,it won't be bad to know certain basics and have an idea of what we'll be facing.

Oya make una start to talk, no too much grammer abeg.

Thanks very much presh....the strange reality is that I am actually a social-science graduate and I deliberately made the poser because having gone through the 2012 thread, the good guy there giving info mentioned accounting as something very difficult.

It was out of empathy I wrote that, to give voice/ draw attention to sth an art, biology or so graduate might encounter. I know we actually hardly meet people who genuinely seek the interest of others at the risk of being portrayed unprintable names but no matter, it was never done at the first instance for validation.

The best way prove to doubters is consistency!
cool

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayoor15(m): 9:28am On Oct 17, 2017
Can someone please summarise what happened yesterday, na so so dash dash I just dey see, so people still dey carry FBN matter for help.....Nawa o
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Joyintwos(m): 9:47am On Oct 17, 2017

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by fernandoc(m): 9:56am On Oct 17, 2017
I am posting this here hoping that someone important will read this and give me a chance.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by nlanded: 10:03am On Oct 17, 2017
Tigris007:

Hey landed. Top of the morning to you. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion but I asked you as at yesterday afternoon to show where I insulted cloud....you did not respond until this morning writing all you just wrote. Someone saying he/she is disappointed is actually a relative term....where I come from you scold both whoever is right and whoever isn't just to ensure there is peace and not to let the other party feel much aggrieved.(This is not to say I am right)

You actually said you didn't want to get involved in this but you clearly are in thick of it....try to prove whatever you assert and don't be overridden with emotions.(this is not an insult, is it?). I actually made the above statement to emphasise and denounce the zero-sum approach to arguements on this thread...it didn't start today he who must come to equity must come with clean hands".

At the heat of the e-fisticuffs grin yesterday I made a statement even though hidden had no layer of over-ridden emotion. I wrote that at night but I had asked since in the afternoon to point out where I insulted him. If you are to be sincere with yourself, if I was the very person you are defending, by now you know what you are likely to read.

I answered because you quoted me. And as regards the accounting foundation stuff, please try not to use a note of finality in your statements. Someone else might think otherwise and decide to run a few accounting topics on this thread!

Please relax, take a deep breath. Look at what you typed and what i just typed? Who just insulted?

Cheers!

cool

You are trying too hard to sound diplomatic and show a good imagine in the eyes of people, quit it and move on, all of a sudden because you were scolded for messing up here you are trying to sound good and helpful to the thread and finally I don't have any more to say on the Cloud9 and you issue, I got more important things to dwell on.

Now to the issue concerning accounting and all,I still stand my ground that asking for accounting information here is not important,because we don't even know the particular aspect in accounting First bank will dwell on in training school,the best we can get is have someone who already passed through training school to give us the accounting curriculum,of which we don't have such a person here. First bank has our Cv's and knows a lot of us are not accounting graduates and they know just how to tailour the right curriculum for us to learn,there are also a lot of other areas training school graduates would be deployed to other than core accounting areas as well, so I feel we would be given the best foundation of basic accounting during training school,after all training school is a foundation school for learning banking basics. Most of the guys I know who are core staff in the banking sector today never did any accounting discipline and it wasn't hard picking the basics taught during training school.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you fill you can go on Google and search for information on accounting and drop here just to be ticked as being a contributor to the thread then you can carry on,or if accounting graduates want to bring their university lecture notes to show off here there are welcomed as well. But as for ME i believe the foundation school of first bank would put me through on EXACTLY what firstbank wants me to know concerning accounting and other banking areas and I will surely pass as most have passed prior to now.

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by okusabiola: 10:10am On Oct 17, 2017
Tigris007:

Cheers!

cool

Man, please you really need to stop. Enough of all these justification and 'clarification' epistles. Let's move on abeg. The other guy you first had the ish with has stopped saying anything, even when you had direct or indirect cheers from one or two people. E don do biko.

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Jerry080(m): 10:46am On Oct 17, 2017
Morning everyone, please let's endeavor to coordinate ourselves and be polite in our outings here. It takes less time to do a thing right than it takes to explain why it was done wrong. Let's keep this thread active and useful as originally expected.

Meanwhile, I also called one of the HR contacts this morning and he clearly said the next batch of TS is going in immediately the current batch is done and he went ahead to say that that should be first week of November this year. Just like someone said here yesterday, the HR didn't bite so instead of joining issues here as to whether TS is next year or not I think calling any of the contacts for clarity won't be bad.

God will not let us down whether with FBN or elsewhere!

5 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayorchelsea(m): 11:40am On Oct 17, 2017
You need to take a chill pill.This was put to bed yesterday and we all thought that was the end.You didn't need to take it so personal. If anyone is suggesting that people with accounting background help with one or two tips,it's not exactly out of place.If anyone wants to take his/her time to post accounting items,leave them,it's their time and lives.Not replying him won't make you lose anything.Calling out anyone's 'hypocrisy' doesn't exactly make you better than them.Let's all just act matured and move on.This isn't needed.Many of you would not act like this in Iganmu(pretence);you would overlook these issues there just to portray yourself as an open person and a team player but can hide behind your keypads to raise up issues the parties concerned have forgotten about and moved on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by brownsucre1: 12:12pm On Oct 17, 2017
Hmmmmmm
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Tigris007: 2:59pm On Oct 17, 2017
Jerry080:
Morning everyone, please let's endeavor to coordinate ourselves and be polite in our outings here. It takes less time to do a thing right than it takes to explain why it was done wrong. Let's keep this thread active and useful as originally expected.

Meanwhile, I also called one of the HR contacts this morning and he clearly said the next batch of TS is going in immediately the current batch is done and he went ahead to say that that should be first week of November this year. Just like someone said here yesterday, the HR didn't bite so instead of joining issues here as to whether TS is next year or not I think calling any of the contacts for clarity won't be bad.

God will not let us down whether with FBN or elsewhere!

This really is good news bruh! The contact I called yesterday, his response wasn't convincing to me...it would be great to hear more authenticated calls. Cheers everyone!

cool
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mijestic: 5:31pm On Oct 17, 2017
It will be nice if the infos coming in from the contact persons are true. Cos FB staff in present TS are saying next year. Let's hope and pray the recruitment process resumes soonest.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Onlywoman92: 6:11pm On Oct 17, 2017
mijestic:
It will be nice if the infos coming in from the contact persons are true. Cos FB staff in present TS are saying next year. Let's hope and pray the recruitment process resumes soonest.

You mean SEs or the trainers? Cos am not understanding abeg
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by brownsucre1: 6:38pm On Oct 17, 2017
Tydarl:

The Tigris007 is a nauseating monkey, just ignore him. He is a sly disgusting person who in not so many words has asked those who haven't gotten Documentation or AC invite to move on, whilst employing useless words and reckless emojis to come off as helpful; as if he has any say or anything going for him. Ignore him abeg, his type meet their waterloo where they least expect.

It's really disappointing and disturbing dat u guys ve dis sort of bile in u and pp re liking dis? U had to vomit urs despite all d please to shield swords? U guys knew urselves from home? It's really a pity.

Regarding TS,dis year is tentative but keep ur fingers crossed. Regarding d accounting and finance, don't kid urself,its no beans and firstbank drops for real. U ve all d time now,look into financial accounting, management accounting, financial statements,accounting equation ratio analysis, financial markets,annuities and perpetuities etc.

It's left to u wat u choose to do wit dis info and note: menstruation is allowed under it.

From a reliable source
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayorchelsea(m): 8:05am On Oct 18, 2017
Despite all the pleas for people to sheath their swords,we still have people attacking other persons? It's a shame.Even cloud9...hasn't said anything in reference to that argument since then.Why are some crying more than the bereaved? I know Tigris probably stepped on toes when he advised some people awaiting AC to move.Please people, enough of the bashing and heated exchanges,PLEASE!

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayorchelsea(m): 8:06am On Oct 18, 2017
Despite all the pleas for people to sheath their swords,we still have people attacking other persons? It's a shame.Even cloud9...hasn't said anything in reference to that argument since then.Why are some crying more than the bereaved? I know Tigris probably stepped on toes when he advised some people awaiting AC to move on.Please people, enough of the bashing and heated exchanges,PLEASE!Let us all just respect everyone and act matured and responsibly,PLEASE. This thead shouldn't lose its relevance.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by juddexy2(m): 6:17am On Oct 19, 2017
A friend of Mine just got a mail for TS slated for Nov 13. Who else got this?

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by adedejiadeyemi: 6:35am On Oct 19, 2017
Is that a joke shocked
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by sallysalsa09: 6:42am On Oct 19, 2017
juddexy2:
A friend of Mine just got a mail for TS slated for Nov 13. Who else got this?

Yes it's true November 13. Abeg the mail said formal wear dress code what does it mean.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by adedejiadeyemi: 6:47am On Oct 19, 2017
Have not seen mine ooooooo cry
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Roydayo: 7:20am On Oct 19, 2017
I just got an invitation for training school...without getting a prior mail for documentation. Anyone else with the same experience?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by adedejiadeyemi: 7:25am On Oct 19, 2017
You just got it just now?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Obinna101: 7:27am On Oct 19, 2017
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Roydayo: 7:29am On Oct 19, 2017
adedejiadeyemi:
You just got it just now?

It dropped 3:35am
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Obinna101: 7:29am On Oct 19, 2017
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by sallysalsa09: 7:30am On Oct 19, 2017
Obinna101:
same thing with me. Got the mail also. Wow, i was expecting documentation mail, now this. Thank God. Nov 13. 8am

Divine Favour.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by juddexy2(m): 7:41am On Oct 19, 2017
adedejiadeyemi:
Have not seen mine ooooooo cry
you're not alone in this bro! Relax

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (224) (Reply)

Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? / Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.