Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme (808464 Views)

2019 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Recruitment - Assessment Centre Notification / Recruitment For FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by erkins(m): 12:41pm On Apr 27, 2018
Guys shey I have not put myself in trouble like this. When we wanted to go for Documentation and medicals I explained to my boss WATS going on with the thought that I will be leaving for TS so I don't just disrupt the job.
Since I came back my boss has been calling me to ask when I would be leaving so he can plan my replacement but I told him I don't know but he insisted I give him a date.
Recently he called me that I either give a definite time I would be leaving or risk been fired. I need advice right now on what to do because I am on the verge of losing my job. Please guys what can I do.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by philvirus: 12:50pm On Apr 27, 2018
Tell him ur still around till August. How hard is that? Why would u tell ur boss sef when youve not gotten TS mail from FBN?
erkins:
Guys shey I have not put myself in trouble like this. When we wanted to go for Documentation and medicals I explained to my boss WATS going on with the thought that I will be leaving for TS so I don't just disrupt the job.
Since I came back my boss has been calling me to ask when I would be leaving so he can plan my replacement but I told him I don't know but he insisted I give him a date.
Recently he called me that I either give a definite time I would be leaving or risk been fired. I need advice right now on what to do because I am on the verge of losing my job. Please guys what can I do.

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 27, 2018
erkins:
As in eh? Your case is strong o,you ran faster than your shadows, abi was it too much happiness grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by erkins(m): 12:59pm On Apr 27, 2018
He said if I can sign an undertaken that I will not leave till school term ends. Which should be by July ending. Now Wat if after I sign, Fbn now calls for TS.. Haven't I pl asked myself in tight corner?
philvirus:
Tell him ur still around till August. How hard is that? Why would u tell ur boss sef when youve not gotten TS mail from FBN?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by eagledan: 1:18pm On Apr 27, 2018
This has happened to me before, I resigned from where I was working by January last year, the new place didn't call me till August . The best thing is to tell ur employer that u will give him notice before leaving that u are very much around
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by erkins(m): 1:27pm On Apr 27, 2018
Thanks boss
eagledan:
This has happened to me before, I resigned from where I was working by January last year, the new place didn't call me till August . The best thing is to tell ur employer that u will give him notice before leaving that u are very much around
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by SummationO(m): 1:28pm On Apr 27, 2018
erkins:
He said if I can sign an undertaken that I will not leave till school term ends. Which should be by July ending. Now Wat if after I sign, Fbn now calls for TS.. Haven't I pl asked myself in tight corner?

U shouldn't av let him know about FBN until u receive TS invite. But now that he already knew, You'll need to sign the undertaken coz chances are that you won't resume TS until August. imo
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Roy11: 4:34pm On Apr 27, 2018
erkins:

I have a similar situation at the moment, my employer sent a mail to me that I have to pay certain amount in lieu of my one month notice. So you shouldn't have fears. Na money you go pay.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by fasty: 6:03pm On Apr 27, 2018
shocked shocked shocked cool cool cool
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by jerryeminem: 6:33pm On Apr 27, 2018
At this junction I think we should all b hopeful for August Ts batch...see ya guys in Ts by August..I rest my case here

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by fasty: 7:51pm On Apr 27, 2018
The_Thought:
�, sure, one can only worry about things he can control not on things that is not under his control

*Worrilessmode*
Looking ahead���
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by ephpremvl: 8:08pm On Apr 27, 2018
4oyrsExperience:

Oga 40yrsExperience,

How far,any update from your end?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by dannytskaa: 9:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
jerryeminem:
At this junction I think we should all b hopeful for August Ts batch...see ya guys in Ts by August..I rest my case here

At this juncture, let me come and be going, till August.

This May batch is the third batch, August will be forth, there might even the fifth batch self!
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by nlanded: 12:48am On Apr 28, 2018
Well, as for me, I would wait till close of work on Monday 30th April, if after that evening no TS mail drops then maybe we would need to wait till August.

But I can't seem to understand something, if those invited for May 2nd TS were not offered accommodation as they are mostly resident within Lagos/Ibadan environs then why are we the other out of Lagos candidates not invited to fill the accommodation spaces that would be vacant? Hmmm!
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by 4oyrsExperience(m): 1:35am On Apr 28, 2018
Pls is there anyone who was able to complete both documentations and medicals on wed 11th April but hasnt received training school invite?

Anybody

May2 TS hopefuls, check your mails for clarification of all doubts.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by eagledan: 3:31am On Apr 28, 2018
4oyrsExperience:
Pls is there anyone who was able to complete both documentations and medicals on wed 11th April but hasnt received training school invite?

Anybody

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Roy11: 4:33am On Apr 28, 2018
Who else got the mail?
No accommodation
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by saqo(m): 6:33am On Apr 28, 2018
Roy11:
Who else got the mail?
No accommodation
I got it. Eyah....plan B activated

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Onlywoman92: 7:26am On Apr 28, 2018
Make I find small trouble grin grin

nlanded:
Well, as for me, I would wait till close of work on Monday 30th April, if after that evening no TS mail drops then maybe we would need to wait till August.

But I can't seem to understand something, if those invited for May 2nd TS were not offered accommodation as they are mostly resident within Lagos/Ibadan environs then why are we the other out of Lagos candidates not invited to fill the accommodation spaces that would be vacant? Hmmm!

Uncle so you are still here waiting No wonder I no see you for my batch make I give you small knock on your head for your false accusation. undecided

In other news, congrats to the freshers and congrats to the FYBs grin welcome to First Bank, the best place to work wink argue with your ancestors! Okbye
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by nlanded: 7:31am On Apr 28, 2018
Onlywoman92:
Make I find small trouble grin grin

Uncle so you are still here waiting No wonder I no see you for my batch make I give you small knock on your head for your false accusation. undecided

In other news, congrats to the freshers and congrats to the FYBs grin welcome to First Bank, the best place to work wink argue with your ancestors! Okbye

grin You too dey carry matter for head o! So you are still holding grudges of our past comments here and even remember?

Auntie what do you mean by so I'm still here waiting? undecided What are you feeling like?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Onlywoman92: 7:44am On Apr 28, 2018
nlanded:

grin You too dey carry matter for head o! So you are still holding grudges of our past comments here and even remember?

The Internet never forgets hunnay that's why Seu.n said you are responsible for whatever you post on his forum cheesy

nlanded:

Auntie what do you mean by so I'm still here waiting? undecided What are you feeling like?

Iz nuh beanz na wink
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Miyo190: 7:54am On Apr 28, 2018
4oyrsExperience:

Anybody

Yes o....I did both on the 11th and no TS invite till now.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by dotpower55: 8:50am On Apr 28, 2018
I really hope and pray FB Academy provide accommodation for the May 2 batch especially those coming from Ibadan.... I have no place to stay in Lagos o...
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by nlanded: 9:16am On Apr 28, 2018
Onlywoman92:

The Internet never forgets hunnay that's why Seu.n said you are responsible for whatever you post on his forum cheesy

Iz nuh beanz na wink

Okay, let's kiss and make up, I'm sorry for any wrong impression I made about you or if your read bad meaning to what I said despite me not consciously trying to talk you down.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by saqo(m): 9:27am On Apr 28, 2018
dotpower55:
I really hope and pray FB Academy provide accommodation for the May 2 batch especially those coming from Ibadan.... I have no place to stay in Lagos o...
Did you not get the mail that was sent to us today. NO ACCOMMODATION. You better activate your plan B for accommodation. Na the same shoe we dey o
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Adedayobusayo12(f): 9:39am On Apr 28, 2018
Am thinking, just thinking out loud. What if FBN, mailed those they mailed lastweek friday on time because they wont be given accomodation and will mail the rest maybe monday cos there will be accomodation for the rest I am just saying o,am not a reliable source neither quoting a reliable source

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by dotpower55: 10:10am On Apr 28, 2018
saqo:

Did you not get the mail that was sent to us today. NO ACCOMMODATION. You better activate your plan B for accommodation. Na the same shoe we dey o

I didn't get such mail
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by dotpower55: 10:17am On Apr 28, 2018
saqo:

Are you also resident in Ibadan??

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Baritone(m): 10:37am On Apr 28, 2018
I don't fully understand the NO ACCOMMODATION specified in the mail especially for myself that's a non Lagos resident.

I just hope it will get clarified soonest.

By the way, I did documentation on 13th April.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by saqo(m): 10:42am On Apr 28, 2018
dotpower55:

Are you also resident in Ibadan??
No
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by saqo(m): 10:45am On Apr 28, 2018
Baritone:
I don't fully understand the NO ACCOMMODATION specified in the mail especially for myself that's a non Lagos resident.

I don't reside in Lagos too. Let's just hope that it will be sorted out soonest. For the main time, we need to find accommodation on our own.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 28, 2018
Baritone:

What other clarification do you need, for fbn to break down the words no accommodation and define them for you eh? Lemme help fbn and break it down for you. No means no. Accommodation means their hostel. Put two and two together it means no place for u to live in their hostels .period.Do what others are doing and get a place to stay till they clarify whatever you want them to clarify. They are the bosses , so just follow instructions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (224) (Reply)

Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? / Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.