Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,284 members, 7,836,260 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme (811028 Views)

2019 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Recruitment - Assessment Centre Notification / Recruitment For FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by nlanded: 2:35am On May 10, 2018
Double post
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by rexibity(m): 8:37am On May 10, 2018
zecko:

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by suzzyrims: 4:16am
zecko:
For sitting for ICAN exam, I think we have good ground to call the dean for possible consideration. may be we can skip some days?

Good idea, will do just that.
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)
bro how far with the ICAN exams...have you spoken to the Dean?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by ephpremvl: 9:57am On May 10, 2018
Hello all,

Those of us writing ICAN,thank GOD you have a job now,instead to concentrate on the job first and then write ICAN later,you don't know what God have done for you.Millions out there are looking for this job.First things first,concentrate and be stabilize first on the job and take it up from there.

Please,those that have done D and M and are yet to receive TS mail,any idea wether more TS mails will still fly and tentatively when? Kindly assist with information if you have.Fourty years experience,how far?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by akinwolem: 4:16pm On May 10, 2018
Pls which of the department are we meant to work after the training school sef. Hope GT is not meant for department like marketing, cashier, teller and the like . Pls where exactly do we fit in

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by olajamade: 6:00pm On May 10, 2018
Please, senior folks from past TS if after the 12 weeks of training would there be leave before resumption to one's appointed location

Very important coz I want to plan with it.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by monodafirst: 2:10am On May 11, 2018
what is the fate of those who did D and M in Lagos on the 12th of April?

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by luvility(m): 9:00am On May 11, 2018
[quote author=monodafirst post=67458347]what is the fate of those who did D and M in Lagos on the 12th of April? [/quote

There is a 3rd Batch, hopefully, our mails will drop. still wondering why they left some of us out dou

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by luvility(m): 9:00am On May 11, 2018
luvility:
[/quote]
monodafirst post=67458347:
[quote author=luvility post=67463366]
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by ephpremvl: 10:55am On May 11, 2018
monodafirst:
My brother,monodafirst,i have been asking the same question,did mine in Abuja,no TS mail.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by ephpremvl: 11:01am On May 11, 2018
[quote author=luvility post=67463366][/quote] Oga luvility,are u sure? if yes,when do we start expecting mails? GOD intervene o for those yet to get TS mail.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by AlexCk: 11:32am On May 11, 2018
Ephpremvl, na to go hcmd shout o. Lol
Chillax nau, lol
Nobody knows what's up.

I understand u perfectly, me sef, I'm tired of waiting, i think we just need to hope that within the month we'll get positive news, cuz other offers are coming, but fbn prospect(especially in the long run) tight gan.

God dey!!

Greetings to everyone,
Safest journey to those traveling to lag.

4 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Psittacus(m): 11:55am On May 11, 2018
xtanburg:
@ all, I've been reading thru ds thread, quite interesting but
Lemme share with U my experience @ d FBN AC.

First of all, congrats to all who got the sms invite to the assessment centre, don't rejoice yet cus there is more shreading to b done, they r still gonna slect d best of d best. So listen carefully and follow my precept line by line. FBN might not tk more dan 100-250 new trainees nationwide. So b guided

Once U get to d AC,U'll go thru d accreditation stage. After accreditation, U will take another aptitude test, but more likened to an ability test where u'll have to think thru the scenario and choose answers from the options provided.

After which u will be divided into groups and then u'll be given a scenario to discuss with ur group. Don't argue or shout any1 down, nor interrupt, make sure U give points and make reasonable sense, don't repeat ur suggestions or findings. Smile while responding and if its possible, be the one to take down points and be concise about it, as the supervisor will ask that u submit ur findings on behalf of ur group.

Then an "addendum" will be given which u'll have to read thru to prepare ur slide. U shouldn't have more than 6-10slides, bur make it detailed if u can use animations to drive ur points from the addendum given, good one also. Pls note that u will be given 15mins to prepare ur slide and 5mins 2 present it. Remember while u r discussing with ur team, read ur addendum n note ur points. Then u'll butteress on ur point in ur slide presentation. Don't write stories, just give bullet points then explain thats why its called a powerpoint presentation. Be confident and bold, smile and focused, be sure of whatever point u make, even when they counter U and say u r wrong,always reinsist that to d best of ur own knowledge and how its obtainable(relating to ur addendum) that's wat u think. And remember to intoduce urself and what u r presenting and den thank d panel @ d end of ur presentation. Then remember don't stutter or sound unsure, twill count against U. Remember its 5mins 4 presentation and 20mins 4 preparing ur PPslide. Pls be confident ooooooo. Its germaine. And pls be calm and breatheeeeee, hold ur breathe and control ur pulse, anxiety and over excitement.

After d presentation, u'll go thru d interview stage, ds u'll b asked ur strenght, weakness, whr uv held a leadership role, wat process improvement idea do u have, ur level of creativity, alwaz remember to say u r a good team player, and u most prove and explain whr and how u were active as a team member and a team player. If u fit lie, lie ooo, nobody go ask U if na true or na lie, what is ur passion, why firstbank, why do u think we shld hire U, then know stuffs about FBN generally and read different interview questions.

Then after u r done for dat day. A week later u'll get an sms and email inviting u for a personality test. Then after answering it,u'll be sent an sms to update ur location, that whr u choose whr u wanna work, after which u'll wait as the whole process will be computed u must have a certain percentage score b4 u'll be invited to training sch, dats getting the almighty sms from FBN inviting U 4 medicals and training sch. So now yam and knife dey una hand.

I was at the assessment centre last year, made it to the training sch and FBN. Training sch was another interesting place. Quite Intensivvvvvvvvvvvvvve but fun. But above all prepare, prepare and prepare and pray pray pray as much as U can. Commit all to God and ask 4 favour. No overdo, remember overskill dey kill monkey.

Respectfully,
Xtanburg

Wish u all success and the best. Cheers

In addition, pls note that U shld try and prepare for essay writing also, garnish urself with the trends happening in d Nigerian Banking system and financial sector. Its the new trend in assessment centres, nt sure if workforce/FBN will adopt dat style. Bur its rather u prepare 4 d worse dan taken unaware.

Hope this helps. But on d whole, do Have a great one peeps...
Lemme know if u have any questions, and as soon as I'm free 2 respond, I'll fill d house in. Pls censor ur questions as I won't answer all.
Found this on 2013 thread.. could be useful to some one out there

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Psittacus(m): 12:24pm On May 11, 2018
[quote author=xtanburg post=19505852]Alright people, quick one...

FBN is very very very very very strict when it comes to documentation and certificate verification.

If there are disparities or discrepancies in your names or other detail, then I think you should get them fixed before documentation, because successful documentation and certificate verification is the key to medicals. But if there are issues with your documents then its a no no for FBN, they will not continue with your candidacy and you'll have to wait till the next recruitment process, then u re-apply and g through the headache of reading, preparing, HBP for result etc..... u know what I am talking about.

So make hay now as FBN focuses on your WAEC Certificates because it carries your real DOB, and if you want to use NECO, make sure U go with your real NECO certificate that has your DOB, then twill pass. But truly FBN prefers WAEC, but you might be lucky if you go with NECO and pull through. All U need is Prayers. FBN just want to be sure of your age. dats all.... shikena!!!

Remember, even if you lie your way through to get into the Bank, you might not last, as FBN does Background check yearly on all her over 15,000 staff. Then you will be asked to voluntarily resign if you are found wanting or forced out. But for the new people coming in, you will be fished out during confirmation period (after you've worked and earned the Armed robber salary for 6months or more). For confirmation, you will have to undergo another documentation/certificate verification process, and FBN will request for a letter of recommendation which will have to be sent to FBN from your primary school, secondary, university, referee, guarantors and other professional bodies, before you are certified and confirmed as full FBN staff. FBN goes as far as sending spies to your home location to ask your neighbours about your kind of person, if you are a trouble-maker or trouble-shooter(peacemaker or someone who settles problems), and if you are well behaved and of good character, they ask this also from your previous place of work and get recommendations before finally confirming your appointment. (E no go easy)

My people, there are more to this than we think, so if you know your ways aint right, and your documents aint complete or you have forged your age and other details. You better forget FBN now and move on , that trying to try your luck and when the hammer falls on you, U say FBN is wicked and heartless, then U say ur enemies are at work and U begin go night vigil dey cast and bind. Now you got an Insight, be wise.

If you have any correction or verification to make in your school, WAEC/NECO, workplace etc, now is the time before you are called for documentation, even if you dont use it for FBN, there are other equal recruiters that will do the same as FBN.

I wish everyone the best, and success.... hoping to hear about your success stories and invitation for personality test(if any)

Cheers[/quot

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by luvility(m): 12:27pm On May 11, 2018
ephpremvl:
Oga luvility,are u sure? if yes,when do we start expecting mails? GOD intervene o for those yet to get TS mail.

so I heard ooo..
do we have any option... we can only hope for the better
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by lanregal: 3:58pm On May 11, 2018
monodafirst:

Please don't give up. I did my D and M in Lagos on 12th April and just got my Ts mail. Be hopeful and expectant.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by vandarhmie(m): 5:39pm On May 11, 2018
You mean you got your TS mail today?
lanregal:

Please don't give up. I did my D and M in Lagos on 12th April and just got my Ts mail. Be hopeful and expectant.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 11, 2018
lanregal:

To resume when please?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by effwhy(m): 6:19pm On May 11, 2018
pls God answer our prayer...TS mail need to drop for us awaiting it...@lanregel...U said a prayer today..and God answered
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mistinu(f): 6:27pm On May 11, 2018
effwhy:
pls God answer our prayer...TS mail need to drop for us awaiting it...@lanregel...U said a prayer today..and God answered
Did you get TS mail today?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by effwhy(m): 6:34pm On May 11, 2018
mistinu:
Did you get TS mail today?
am still expecting it oooooo....
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mistinu(f): 7:06pm On May 11, 2018
effwhy:
am still expecting it oooooo....
Same here
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by ephpremvl: 7:17pm On May 11, 2018
Please if any FBN HR or HCMD is reading this post,some of us are yet to get our TS mails after we have done documentation and medicals in Abuja,we have really suffered to get to this stage,transport cost,risk on the road,trauma of waiting since 2016 etc,please pity us and send our TS mails. Thank you as we await your positive reply.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Olumideoscar(m): 7:21pm On May 11, 2018
Not only Abuja but also Lagos and Ibadan

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by ephpremvl: 7:52pm On May 11, 2018
Olumideoscar:
Not only Abuja but also Lagos and Ibadan
FBN/HR OR HCMD, Please do not deny us this life time opportunity to work in the largest financial institution in Nigeria,kindly help us,even without accommodation,we don't mind.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by suzzyrims: 8:21pm On May 11, 2018
All the guys awaiting T. S mail, let your mind be at rest, I heard the third batch will also be invited to resume this month. Just keep praying and hope for the best. I know it's not easy but I am sure we will all smile at last.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by lanregal: 8:32pm On May 11, 2018
Got the mail today to resume on monday 14th May.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mistinu(f): 9:09pm On May 11, 2018
lanregal:
Got the mail today to resume on moonday 14th May.
When was your documentation and medicals
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mistinu(f): 9:11pm On May 11, 2018
Chandeliers:

Kindly arrange your documents and go for documentation between now and Friday... I'm in the same shoes, but I've done mine today
Have you gotten TS mail
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Chandeliers: 12:28am On May 12, 2018
Not yet mistinu... I've been glued to my mailbox and not even blinking...
... did you have your D and M on the 2nd of May too?
mistinu:

Have you gotten TS mail
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mistinu(f): 8:12am On May 12, 2018
Chandeliers:
Not yet mistinu... I've been glued to my mailbox and not even blinking...
... did you have your D and M on the 2nd of May too?

Lol.... I did mine on 3rd of May.. You are not the only one glued to your mailbox.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Ope02: 8:56am On May 12, 2018
Hi, Please I'm I to take the acceptance letter to the headquarters or to first academy or both. Please help.. I'm to resume on Monday.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Olumideoscar(m): 11:18am On May 12, 2018
First Academy

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (224) (Reply)

Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? / Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.