Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,878 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Reuben Abati Arrested By EFCC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuben Abati Arrested By EFCC (35602 Views)

From London To Abuja In 50 Days: Buhari’s Return -Reuben Abati / EXCLUSIVE | Reuben Abati 'arrested For Facilitating' Jonathan’s Oxford Speech / BREAKING: Former Presidential Spokesman, Reuben Abati, Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reuben Abati Arrested By EFCC by borntosuccess(m): 7:25am On Oct 25, 2016
like Rick Ross would say murder!! after murder all dey wanna murder,arrest upon arrest yet no conviction to show 4 it

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati Arrested By EFCC by egobetatoday: 10:16am On Oct 25, 2016
fran6co:
ok, say something today and risk getting arrested d next day, .
#whoIsNext

I hope Yemi Alade wont be next lol.
Re: Reuben Abati Arrested By EFCC by Ojakatakpo: 10:54am On Oct 25, 2016
EFCC EFCC so Na only PDP members they corrupt? So all APC's are SAINT God Bless this country.
Re: Reuben Abati Arrested By EFCC by Max24: 11:17am On Oct 25, 2016
rusher14:

At the end of the day, did they commit crimes relating to corruption?

All ye defenders of your oppressors don't you get tired?

Go and study the history of world renokwn dictators in history then u will know why some of us are against this. I voted for Buhari and my past posts had always been against corruption of Jonathan's era but the pattern I see in this govt is totalitarianism. And dictatorship is a worse crime than financial corruption. This was how Hitler started. Politicising corruption. Too much power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Can't u see that the more they fight corruption the more we go into recession ?Do you think its just a coincidence ? The most enduring way to fight corruption is to use due process, my bro. Shalom.
Re: Reuben Abati Arrested By EFCC by Bimpe29: 11:59am On Oct 25, 2016
Let them be all arrested and prosecuted accordingly. Publi looters.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati Arrested By EFCC by rusher14: 12:49pm On Oct 25, 2016
Max24:

Go and study the history of world renokwn dictators in history then u will know why some of us are against this. I voted for Buhari and my past posts had always been against corruption of Jonathan's era but the pattern I see in this govt is totalitarianism. And dictatorship is a worse crime than financial corruption. This was how Hitler started. Politicising corruption. Too much power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Can't u see that the more they fight corruption the more we go into recession ?Do you think its just a coincidence ? The most enduring way to fight corruption is to use due process, my bro. Shalom.

So for fear of dictatorship we should not try people who are involved with corruption?

In fact, we should start to encourage the young ones to loot and steal as much they can.

Join any political party. Steal make a name for yourself and cry tribal cleansing, witch-hunting, and more importantly, religious cleansing.

Young ones please learn from the actors across the nation.

Don't look to invent or be innovative.

Steal, steal and steal.
Re: Reuben Abati Arrested By EFCC by aresa: 1:59pm On Oct 25, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

This your post now is dripping with super sense I guess. Where do you arrest a man without first extending invitation to him except in under developed nations.

Extending invitation to criminal suspects is only done in crooked and lawless Nigeria.

When law enforcement have credible facts and evidence of wrongdoing, they arrest and prosecute.

Ask the FBI and the US where you copied and borrowed democracy from.

You have ignorant and distorted views about developed Nations.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati Arrested By EFCC by aresa: 2:03pm On Oct 25, 2016
omenka:
These were the same set of people that stripped a guy naked and tied a bunch of plaintains he stole around his neck, parading him in the streets of Aba today!!

Here they are shamelessly supporting a bigger crook.

These are nothing but hateful people with ipob and anti Nigerian mentality so you really can not take them seriously since all their crooked and corrupt mental support for criminals and corrupt people is always a reflection of their hate and anti Nigerian mentality.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati Arrested By EFCC by KingOfAmebo(m): 2:42pm On Oct 25, 2016
aresa:

There must be trial before conviction and sane and sensible Nigerians know they are all still on trial and non set free yet.

The fact that you support and defend corrupt people should not make you lose your common sense.

Please tell us the meaning of trial and explain to us how "corrupt people" are declared convicts without a complete trail going by your assumption?...you have already tagged them corrupt in the media without any court of law sending them to jail.

Talk about common sense...is it not common sense to let the court of law sentence them for their crimes before you jump into Nairaland and tagged them "corrupt people"?...from the looks of things you are the one that needs common sense the most.
Re: Reuben Abati Arrested By EFCC by KingOfAmebo(m): 2:50pm On Oct 25, 2016
It is only in Nigeria people call "Suspects" on trail "Thiefs" before the Court of law sentence them to jail. In other words, the moment EFCC invite you for questioning you are already declared a thief by some zombies and once the EFCC cannot nail you because you are clean they claim you have bribed them...I shake my head to some very mentally ignorant people.

A suspect remains a suspect until convicted by a competent court of law.
Re: Reuben Abati Arrested By EFCC by aresa: 3:06pm On Oct 25, 2016
KingOfAmebo:

Please tell us the meaning of trial and explain to us how "corrupt people" are declared convicts without a complete trail going by your assumption?...you have already tagged them corrupt in the media without any court of law sending them to jail.

Talk about common sense...is it not common sense to let the court of law sentence them for their crimes before you jump into Nairaland and tagged them "corrupt people"?...from the looks of things you are the one that needs common sense the most.

To start with, I did not declare them corrupt, many of them did on their own unless as usual you have zero common sense and knowledge about your own country since many of them have confessed that they stole, many have returned the public funds they stole, even Metuh confessed and offerd to return our money, even Obanikoro who grandstanded for so long and threatening law suits against his accusers that he did not steal anything is today back in Nigeria and confessing, naming other corrupt people he gave our stolen funds to and willing to return our money which to every sane, rational and common sense oriented Nigerians means admission of guilt and acts of corruption.

You can play dumb and spew all the ignorance you wish, but again, the fact that you love and support corrupt people should not deprive you of sane and rational common sense.
Re: Reuben Abati Arrested By EFCC by KingOfAmebo(m): 3:15pm On Oct 25, 2016
aresa:

To start with, I did not declare them corrupt, many of them did on their own unless as usual you have zero common sense and knowledge about your own country since many of them have confessed that they stole, many have returned the public funds they stole, even Metuh confessed and offerd to return our money, even Obanikoro who grandstanded for so long and threatening law suits against his accusers that he did not steal anything is today back in Nigeria and confessing, naming other corrupt people he gave our stolen funds to and willing to return our money which to every sane, rational and common sense oriented Nigerians means admission of guilt and acts of corruption.

You can play dumb and spew all the ignorance you wish, but again, the fact that you love and support corrupt people should not deprive you of sane and rational common sense.

Now I can see your common sense is reduced to power 10...the APC propaganda machine told you they recovered over N1.2.trillion (cooked figures with ghost loots) from the looters yet come out and tell us Nigeria is broke and in recession a month later. Infact, they told us they needed a loan from world bank. Please point out the common sense in that assertion. Are you this daft?.
Re: Reuben Abati Arrested By EFCC by Max24: 3:16pm On Oct 25, 2016
rusher14:

So for fear of dictatorship we should not try people who are involved with corruption?

In fact, we should start to encourage the young ones to loot and steal as much they can.

Join any political party. Steal make a name for yourself and cry tribal cleansing, witch-hunting, and more importantly, religious cleansing.

Young ones please learn from the actors across the nation.

Don't look to invent or be innovative.

Steal, steal and steal.
I have a simple question for you. Is Buhari the only person to fight corruption in the world ? Or corruption exists only in Nigeria ? Go and find out how it is done in other parts of the world. If Buhari is ready to fight corruption he will make it across board. Not a single member of APC has been arrested. OBJ arrested more members of his party than opposition.
Re: Reuben Abati Arrested By EFCC by rusher14: 3:31pm On Oct 25, 2016
Max24:

I have a simple question for you. Is Buhari the only person to fight corruption in the world ? Or corruption exists only in Nigeria ? Go and find out how it is done in other parts of the world. If Buhari is ready to fight corruption he will make it across board. Not a single member of APC has been arrested. OBJ arrested more members of his party than opposition.

[b]How many have come back after all said and done without admitting knowingly or unknowingly being beneficiaries of sleaze?

You all cried witch-hunting while Olisah Metuh tried to recuse Justice Abang from his trial only to turn back around to admit receiving 400 Million Naira from the NSA for doing absolutely nothing.

Same you guys said about Fayose/Obanikoro until all the facts were laid bare and Koro has accepted his role in such brigands yet you say enough. Enough of what exactly?

Did Nenadi Usman not admit receiving various sums for the purpose of campaigning for PDP from the NSA?
Is that something to be applauded?

Stop all this nonsense of go and find out how it is done abroad. How many nations in this world do you find people becoming stupendously rich from serving in roles that should hitherto provide just the basics for themselves and their immediate family?

What would you say if Abati comes back around to admit receiving money under dubious circumstances? Would that be witch-hunting as well?

[/b]
Re: Reuben Abati Arrested By EFCC by aresa: 3:36pm On Oct 25, 2016
[s]
KingOfAmebo:

Now I can see your common sense is reduced to power 10...the APC propaganda machine told you they recovered over N1.2.trillion (cooked figures with ghost loots) from the looters yet come out and tell us Nigeria is broke and in recession a month later. Infact, they told us they needed a loan from world bank. Please point out the common sense in that assertion. Are you this daft?.
[/s]

Metuh confessed and offered to return our stolen money, but he is not APC

Obanikoro confessed and offered to return our stolen money, but he is not APC

The corrupt service chiefs that stole our money confessed and offered to return our stolen funds, but they have nothing to do with APC.

Secondus voluntarily offered to return 23 luxury vehicles to EFCC, but he has nothing to do with APC.

Non of them have disputed the fact that they transgressed against the people of Nigeria or the fact that they are willing to return what they stole.

Crooked and mentally corrupt people like you are even more dangerous that the confessing corrupt public officials...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reuben Abati Arrested By EFCC by Max24: 6:26pm On Oct 25, 2016
rusher14:

[b]How many have come back after all said and done without admitting knowingly or unknowingly being beneficiaries of sleaze?

You all cried witch-hunting while Olisah Metuh tried to recuse Justice Abang from his trial only to turn back around to admit receiving 400 Million Naira from the NSA for doing absolutely nothing.

Same you guys said about Fayose/Obanikoro until all the facts were laid bare and Koro has accepted his role in such brigands yet you say enough. Enough of what exactly?

Did Nenadi Usman not admit receiving various sums for the purpose of campaigning for PDP from the NSA?
Is that something to be applauded?

Stop all this nonsense of go and find out how it is done abroad. How many nations in this world do you find people becoming stupendously rich from serving in roles that should hitherto provide just the basics for themselves and their immediate family?

What would you say if Abati comes back around to admit receiving money under dubious circumstances? Would that be witch-hunting as well?

[/b]
All I know is under corrupt Jonathan a bag of rice was #9000 while under saint Buhari it is now #22000. Am a realist and not a zombie( no pun intended ,pls).
Re: Reuben Abati Arrested By EFCC by MikeB3(m): 1:53am On Oct 26, 2016
Arrest of the opposition figures is the order of the day.......... Nepotism is a great thing this present administration is good in doing. Amaechi, Fayemi, Ngige, Tinubu, Atiku, Obasanjo, etc gallivants around with an invite from the EFCC or ICPC...

Nigeria I hail thee!
Re: Reuben Abati Arrested By EFCC by july66: 8:08am On Oct 26, 2016
Marchman:
Dr. Reuben Abati, Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to former President Goodluck Jonathan, was on Monday arrested by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Details of his arrest are sketchy but a source at the anti-graft agency told Nigerian Times that his arrest is ion connection with ongoing investigations into corrupt practices by the EFCC. He is currently being detained at the commission’s headquarters in Abuja.

Details later…

http://nigeriantimes.ng/news/breaking-former-presidential-spokesman-reuben-abati-arrested-by-efcc/

If you want to fight corruption, do so holistically. Do not chase shadows and leave substance. Pick Jonathan, let EFCC arrest Amaechi based on the report of the judicial commission of enquiry into his tenure in River state, then we know EFCC & the government are ready. EFCC could not try PDP stalwarts when Jonathan was president just as they are afraid to probe APC now except the once the powers that be permit. I think we are not ready if EFCC has to monitor the body language of the executive before doing their job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP / Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos / 31 Suspects Put $11.4m In Patience Jonathan's Account (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.