Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,076 members, 7,814,733 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos (35596 Views)

Saraki & NASS Members Addressing Protesting NLC Members In Abuja (Photos) / Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja / Strike: Why We Parted Ways With NLC –TUC President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by dainformant(m): 11:08am On May 18, 2016
Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) members led by their chairman -Comrade Ayuba Philibus Wabba have staged a protest in Abuja to register their displeasure with the recent increase in the fuel price...The protesters who gathered in their numbers -were seen in their uniforms and with their flags as they moved around the metropolis.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/05/fuel-price-hike-nlc-chairman-leads.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by dainformant(m): 11:09am On May 18, 2016
more

1 Like

Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by jauntty: 11:09am On May 18, 2016
Unfortunately, the strike is dead on arrival

NLC should realize that the average Nigerian is not behind them this time around.

I'd rather buy fuel at 145 with ease than spend 6hours on queue and still buy at 200

***modified ***

Those wailing and supporting Subsidy are the true enemies of this country. Basic economic reasonings wuldnt do anyone any harm. Nigeria can't afford to continue paying subsidy

Don't just wail, bring forth sound reasonings and better alternatives

96 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by Kufie(m): 11:10am On May 18, 2016
Guys please what's the situation? Are the banks open?

jauntty:
NLC should realize that the average Nigerian is not behind them this time around.
I'd rather buy fuel at 145 with ease than spend 6hours on queue and still buy at 200

The FG's tactic worked on you I see. How are you even sure of it's availability @ N145? Wasn't it available @ N87 Couple months ago?

174 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by ChangeIsCostant: 11:14am On May 18, 2016
no be small thing

1 Like

Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by folabisi07(m): 11:14am On May 18, 2016
O God of creation, please guide our leaders right!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by Tapout(m): 11:15am On May 18, 2016
apc- all promises cancelled...lol

101 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by Nobody: 11:16am On May 18, 2016
.I does not even knows why I voted for this old brain dead burukutu sipping burantashi pampers wearing kunu drunk dullard!

I regret voting APC. I officially tender my resignation to GEJ undecided

93 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by PrettyCrystal: 11:16am On May 18, 2016
Buhari what is happening?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by cktheluckyman: 11:18am On May 18, 2016
jauntty:

Since when do you speak for all Nigerians

139 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by seunmsg(m): 11:20am On May 18, 2016
Almost all federal government offices are opened for business. The strike is a big flop on all front. The Ayuba faction of NLC should just quietly join the TUC and Joe Ajaero faction to use this opportunity to negotiate for minimum wage increase to N45,000.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by otokx(m): 11:20am On May 18, 2016
That crowd is not massive.

10 Likes

Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by slimthugchimee(m): 11:24am On May 18, 2016
Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by pendusky(m): 11:27am On May 18, 2016
FowlYansh:
.I does not even knows why I voted for this old brain dead burukutu sipping burantashi pampers wearing kunu drunk dullard!

I regret voting APC. I officially tender my resignation to GEJ undecided

Apology Accepted grin cheesy

More Zombies we wait ur apology grin

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by Tapout(m): 11:28am On May 18, 2016
jauntty:

yeye talk from someone who may not even have a generator talk more of a vehicle. was ur salary increased along side the price of fuel?? U think it's just buying the fuel that matters. FYI, the cost of living has increased drastically. Go to the market and confirm it urself.

119 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by pweetychyka(f): 11:29am On May 18, 2016
It's a pin to the butt to know that TUC backed out of this strike after many weeks of planning..... How do the FGN expect an average Nigerian with a minimum wage of #18,000 to cope with this present economy?

Now having dialogued with TUC, the FGN has agreed to review the minimum wage in 6months tym embarassed embarassedbut change in price of a litre of fuel can take immediate effect!What a shame embarassed embarassed embarassed

#smh....

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by Nobody: 11:31am On May 18, 2016
pendusky:

Apology Accepted grin cheesy

More Zombies we wait ur apology grin

I said resignation not apology undecided

The Hero of democracy was a better choice than the gworo chewing kunu addict grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by wellmax(m): 11:32am On May 18, 2016
OK

15 Likes

Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by kbams241: 11:33am On May 18, 2016
Y
Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:33am On May 18, 2016
pls security agents should watch em, once dey start destroying properties or harrasing ppl, don't hesitate to arrest em. thank you

4 Likes

Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by ObiOkpor(m): 11:33am On May 18, 2016
Partake in this strike,hunger go chop you remain. Wetin concern me?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by misreal(m): 11:33am On May 18, 2016
nice...
Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by omanifrank(m): 11:34am On May 18, 2016
i see
Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by Nobody: 11:34am On May 18, 2016
we no go gree ooo,we no go gree.. 86naira per litre or nothing angry

1 Like

Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by Horus(m): 11:34am On May 18, 2016
[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt5n51ekld5f5.4d4f4dc0.jpg[/img]

The federal government of Nigeria has implored labour unions in the country not to go ahead with its planned strike for Wednesday, 18th May 2016.

Read Below:

OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY TO THE GOVERNMENT OF THE FEDERATION

PRESS RELEASE

PROPOSED INDEFINITE STRIKE ACTION BY THE NIGERIA LABOUR CONGRESS

The attention of all Public Officers is drawn to the notice issued by the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) to embark on an indefinite strike from Wednesday, 18th May, 2016.

This notice is regrettably given in spite of an Order by the Industrial Court against the strike action.

Government, therefore, calls upon and advises all workers to respect the laws of the land and to desist from participating in an illegal strike action.

Government undertakes to guarantee the safety of workers and their work places, and expects that normal work will continue in the interest of the nation.

Accordingly, security agencies have been directed to ensure unimpeded access to offices, work places and markets. Acts of intimidation, harassment, including barricading of gates, locking up of offices, blocking of roads and preventing workers from carrying out their lawful duties will be met with appropriate response by the law enforcement agencies.

All workers, whether in public or private sector are further reminded of the Trade Dispute Act, 2004, which provides that ‘where any worker takes part in a strike, he shall not be entitled to any wages or remuneration for the period of the strike and any such period shall not count for the purpose of reckoning the period of continuous employment and all rights dependent on continuity of employment shall be prejudicially affected accordingly’.

Accordingly, all Ministers, Permanent Secretaries and Heads of Government Agencies are hereby directed to invoke the provision of ‘no work no pay’ in respect of any staff who absents him or herself from work to join the strike action.

Attendance registers are required to be opened in all Ministries, Departments and Agencies.

Engineer Babachir David Lawal

Secretary to the Government of the Federation

Source:- http://www.bamsforum.com/presidency-issues-statement-nlcs-nationwide-strike-full-text.html/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by Realdeals(m): 11:35am On May 18, 2016
The railway work today in my hood!

1 Like

Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by thereturnoflucy(m): 11:35am On May 18, 2016
Nice
Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by andymofia(m): 11:35am On May 18, 2016
The evil FG used the 'go and die' governor to negotiate with a factional Labour Leader. This evil government is doing all in its power to ensure we suffer.

4 Likes

Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by Nobody: 11:35am On May 18, 2016
There must be strike!

1 Like

Re: Ayuba Philibus Wabba Protests With NLC Members In Abuja - Photos by Nobody: 11:36am On May 18, 2016
Horus:
[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt5n51ekld5f5.4d4f4dc0.jpg[/img]

The federal government of Nigeria has implored labour unions in the country not to go ahead with its planned strike for Wednesday, 18th May 2016.

Read Below:

OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY TO THE GOVERNMENT OF THE FEDERATION

PRESS RELEASE

PROPOSED INDEFINITE STRIKE ACTION BY THE NIGERIA LABOUR CONGRESS

The attention of all Public Officers is drawn to the notice issued by the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) to embark on an indefinite strike from Wednesday, 18th May, 2016.

This notice is regrettably given in spite of an Order by the Industrial Court against the strike action.

Government, therefore, calls upon and advises all workers to respect the laws of the land and to desist from participating in an illegal strike action.

Government undertakes to guarantee the safety of workers and their work places, and expects that normal work will continue in the interest of the nation.

Accordingly, security agencies have been directed to ensure unimpeded access to offices, work places and markets. Acts of intimidation, harassment, including barricading of gates, locking up of offices, blocking of roads and preventing workers from carrying out their lawful duties will be met with appropriate response by the law enforcement agencies.

All workers, whether in public or private sector are further reminded of the Trade Dispute Act, 2004, which provides that ‘where any worker takes part in a strike, he shall not be entitled to any wages or remuneration for the period of the strike and any such period shall not count for the purpose of reckoning the period of continuous employment and all rights dependent on continuity of employment shall be prejudicially affected accordingly’.

Accordingly, all Ministers, Permanent Secretaries and Heads of Government Agencies are hereby directed to invoke the provision of ‘no work no pay’ in respect of any staff who absents him or herself from work to join the strike action.

Attendance registers are required to be opened in all Ministries, Departments and Agencies.

Engineer Babachir David Lawal

Secretary javascript:void(0);to the Government of the Federation

Source:- http://www.bamsforum.com/presidency-issues-statement-nlcs-nationwide-strike-full-text.html/
OLD NEWS....REVERT THE PRICE BACK OR ELSE!!! angry

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

31 Suspects Put $11.4m In Patience Jonathan's Account (Photo) / Battle Field Photos Of Nigerian Army CT COIN Operations In The North / Lagos-Ibadan Rail: Amaechi Inspects Site Of All Stations - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.