Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,811 members, 7,820,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores (46632 Views)

Upgrade Your Utme Scores Genuinely Within 7 Days. / Post Your Windows User Experience Index / Google Has Revived Its Oldest Search Index To Mark Its Tenth Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by moonraker(m): 1:34pm On Jan 06, 2010
@ oyb

bros, no try am oooh, i want to see tex i7core machine

@ puskin

hmmm such is life jare
Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 06, 2010
^^^^^^

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

it was good while it lasted

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2010/01/05/new-lenovo-t410-t410s-t510-and-w510-laptops-with-intel-mobile-core-i5-or-four-core-i7-processor/

Lenovo has announced its four new ThinkPad systems which are being designed to bring higher levels of performance and productivity to the business users. Named as T410s, T410 and T510 laptops and W510 mobile workstation, all these systems have been integrated with Intel new mobile Core i5 and the four-core i7 processors. Apart of that, the new laptops have came with a battery that provides up to 22 hours of battery life, support multitouch screen options and integrated with a single wireless broadband solution with Qualcomm Gobi 2000 module.

any moment now, we'll be seeing the w710 series

22 hrs battery life shocked shocked shocked shocked more like ten - - means no need to power my downloads with a gen
Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by texazzpete(m): 1:47pm On Jan 06, 2010
oyb:

time to abuse my powers of mod and hide the thread until two years down the line  grin grin  when i'm ready to upgrade again

lol
Sell you laptop and get an Asus G73 like i will

Core i7
1TB HDD (2x 500GB 7200rpm HDDs)
8GB RAM
AMD Mobility Radeon 5870 (DirectX 11 GPU!!) with 1GB GDDR5 VRAM
17.3 inch 1080p LED backlit screen
Windows 7 home premium (x64)
8 in 1 card reader, SD,MMC,MS,MS-Pro,xD,mini SD w/ adapter,MS-Duo,MS-Pro Duo via adapter

I/O Ports

*   1 x Microphone-in jack
   * 2 x Headphone-out jack (S/PDIF)
   * 1 x VGA port/Mini D-sub 15-pin for external monitor
   * 4 x USB 2.0 ports
   * 1 x IEEE 1394 port
   * 1 x RJ45 LAN
   * 1 x HDMI
   * 1 x E-SATA

And all for $1645 = N247,000.

ships in February 2010 - and that will be my next laptop  grin
Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by texazzpete(m): 1:52pm On Jan 06, 2010
oyb:

^^^^^^

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

it was good while it lasted

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2010/01/05/new-lenovo-t410-t410s-t510-and-w510-laptops-with-intel-mobile-core-i5-or-four-core-i7-processor/

any moment now, we'll be seeing the w710 series

22 hrs battery life shocked shocked shocked shocked more like ten - - means no need to power my downloads with a gen

1. No Core i7 laptop will boast up to 22 hrs battery life. in fact, no core i7 laptop will reach 10 hrs even on a 9 cell battery.
2. The core i5's are about as power hungry as the higher end core 2 duos. You'd require a pretty huge battery pack to even hit 12 hrs on a latter model Core 2 Duo. i'm pretty sure those laptops are specced up to the i5 and i7s, with lower end models with Core 2 Duos that can hit that battery limit.

Besides, any laptop with that kinda long life will either lack a discrete GPU, or use a switchable solution. You'll never be able to use any GPU intensive app and hope for long battery life at the same time grin
Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 06, 2010
^^^

forgot to include this -

[img]http://www.mydigitallife.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/thinkpad_t410-468x238.jpg[/img]

seems its a detachable battery

na proposed pic , though

Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by texazzpete(m): 2:09pm On Jan 06, 2010
oyb:

^^^

forgot to include this -

[img]http://www.mydigitallife.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/thinkpad_t410-468x238.jpg[/img]

seems its a detachable battery

na proposed pic , though

Yeah, similar to what HP did on on the Envy 15 series. That external battery could allow it hit that battery benchmark, especially if it's a 12 - 15 cell unit cheesy
Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by a1uc: 2:11pm On Jan 06, 2010
xtremeidea:

some people don dey lie, how can u use a 6gb ram for a 160 gb hard disk, i suspect fowl play,

make una talk true cuz me i don humble maself tell una d truth.

e be like say una don forget say photoshop dey o!!!

[b]"Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"[/b]

Please make sure you know what you are talking about , before opening your mouth .
Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by texazzpete(m): 2:15pm On Jan 06, 2010
a1uc:

Scores without SSD

Why are the scores for the processor different from when you ran it with the SSD? an 0.3 change is no beans. Please explain.
Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by a1uc: 2:18pm On Jan 06, 2010
a1uc:

[b]"Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"[/b]

The first score was with the pc overclocked to 4 Ghz I never overclocked it again after adding the SSD , I might overclock again and see what happens
Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by texazzpete(m): 2:19pm On Jan 06, 2010
a1uc:

I would not usually waist my time trying to proof to someone that seems not to know what they are talking about .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rsSHE_2AQo

lol. i'd already told him, but i guess he deserved to have the bomb dropped on him  grin

Did you choose to upgrade to the higher end Core i7 or was the config just like that when you bought it? I read that on a price-to-performance ratio it was not too great to spring for the 2Ghz Core i7 as against the 1.83 820 version. and i think it's a $500 difference in the upgrade.

Couldnt you have put the extra dough to spring for a Geforce 2xx series SLI upgrade?
Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by a1uc: 2:24pm On Jan 06, 2010
a1uc:

The first score was with the pc overclocked to 4 Ghz I never overclocked it again after adding the SSD , I might overclock again and see what happens

Here are the scores with the CPU overclocked to 3.99

Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by Moonraker1(m): 7:17am On Jan 30, 2010
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah,

where have all the power player gone, Pls keep this thread alive by posting your scores

no matter how little, its not a competition, its just a form of analysis to see what hardware

will land you a particular score,

So far, OYB holds the title of the best Laptop (well atleast before tex brings in his monster)

In the desktop section, aluc holds the title, Keep the scores coming
Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by DoubleN(m): 12:47pm On Feb 03, 2010
The WEI of my GIgabyte Booktop.

Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by tomiade1(m): 5:23pm On Feb 21, 2010
mine!

Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by biina: 5:14am On Mar 09, 2010
Processor 7.3
Memory (RAM) 7.3
Graphics 7.5
Gaming graphics 7.5
Primary hard disk 5.9
Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by leuelliot(m): 8:27pm On Mar 16, 2010
little bogger

Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by initialize(m): 5:52pm On Mar 21, 2010
mine, it's available 4 sale though

Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by austin4real(m): 1:54pm On Apr 13, 2010
@ Banjy Aw much are you willing to sell the studio xps laptop, i'm intrested, pls reply
Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by 5p1naz(m): 1:15am On May 23, 2010
@moonraker, wat did u do to ur pc? i use the dv7 and my rating is at 3 plus i have a problem wif mine mayb u cud solve it, pls take a luk at this link https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-448890.0.html
Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by darlynton2050(m): 11:42pm On May 24, 2010
mine is 3.9 i use a hp pavillion dv6 2020 notebook 3gig ram
Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by klarry79: 7:06pm On Jun 24, 2010
@oyb
Is that supposed to be a laptop or what?
Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by semid4lyfe(m): 2:02pm On Jul 04, 2010
Finally, finally. . .I've removed the Windows vista home premium that came with my HP Pavillion dv6700 special Edition lapy and installed Windows 7 ultimate on it (screenshot coming soon) and I must say the diffèrence is 7-up. (and to think I was so satisfied with vista. . .na person wey never taste another woman soup dey talk sey na im mama own be the sweetest grin grin)

The WEI is still 3.4 though. Will an update of the drivers increase the WEI?
Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by puskin: 6:26am On Jul 05, 2010
Now. . . . .welcome to the Windows 7 ultimate users club!!!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by semid4lyfe(m): 5:24pm On Jul 06, 2010
Screenshot just like I promised grin

Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by esdee1(m): 11:05am On Jul 09, 2010
hmmmmmmm!!!!!! nice ones going on here, make i look up and upload my ish,
Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by esdee1(m): 11:16am On Jul 09, 2010
Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by esdee1(m): 11:39am On Jul 09, 2010
here is my desktop,  how can i improve the perforomances of my systems, cos they're high end ish ,  they ought to be rated higher, 

Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by gozzilla(m): 9:49am On Jul 12, 2010
Must be your graphic card that is giving you you 5.9. remember the rating is for the lowest score.
Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by tjcombo(m): 4:57am On Aug 19, 2010
WEI is 5.5!
Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by kayplus24(m): 11:03am On Aug 25, 2010
Someone has 7.4!!!! I hope that is a desktop or else that laptop will catch fire soon with all that OC.
Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by tjcombo(m): 11:18am On Aug 25, 2010
@ kayplus24, lmfao. Wetin in wan carry 7.4 do, pls wats the system specs
Re: Windows Experience Index: Show Off Your Scores by rkcool36: 5:22pm On Aug 27, 2010
do u know you can be paying lessthan 15,000 naira for internet subcriptions monthly
and connect up to 10 or more systems with unlimited bandwidth and super speed.
for offices, schools and Cybercafes. call 07038946138 or 07041889714 for more info:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Help: Need To Merge My Unallocated Harddisk Space Back / Uk Used Fairly Strong Laptops At Cheap Prices / Don't Pay An Installer For Your Free To Air Dish Installation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.