Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom (26626 Views)

Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) / Meet Two Sisters Married To Oba Ewuare Of Benin (Photos) / Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by Greenbullet(m): 1:58pm On Oct 25, 2016
I love this king, he just gave me hope to buy and build peacefully.
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by AreaFada2: 2:01pm On Oct 25, 2016
Well, well, well. This was long overdue.

Imagine community thugs wanting to charge fees for constructing a poultry inside the expanse of space within your compound. And you already paid crop fees, community land fees, fence fees and others years earlier.

Not to mention violence over community youth chairman election disputes.

We are expecting many more reforms.
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by PapaBrowne(m): 2:07pm On Oct 25, 2016
Excellent leadership. This is exactly the kind of development that can spur radical growth.

Benin is about to witness radical development.

To those that don't understand, this is equivalent to banning OmoNiles.

Now the beauty is that development fees would now be used for the development of the City.

1 Like

Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by mulattoclaroo(m): 2:12pm On Oct 25, 2016
Oba Ghato Kpere. You can imagine someone who never knew how I made my money coming to charge me outrageous amounts all in the name of deve. May you live long my king. I can finally buy land and build in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by SuperBlack: 2:14pm On Oct 25, 2016
That guy seems like a trouble maker and agent of darkness.
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by guiddoti: 2:15pm On Oct 25, 2016
abuayman:
Hope the new Oba is well jazzed? grin
hahaha The principality of air traffic and lords of gobe creatures
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by LoveJesus87(m): 2:16pm On Oct 25, 2016
Badgers14:
Good job to Oba of Benin...

Please could he ban all those Edo witches.... Thank you sir in advance.. grin grin
u wan kill am before im time? grin

2 Likes

Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by Udmaster(m): 2:16pm On Oct 25, 2016
mulattoclaroo:
Oba Ghato Kpere. You can imagine someone who never knew how I made my money coming to charge me outrageous amounts all in the name of deve. May you live long my king. I can finally buy land and build in peace.
shalap. Buy which land? U neva see garri drink, na land u wan buy. Joker
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by naijalander: 2:17pm On Oct 25, 2016
Ok how is this good? Is this not a democratic country, what power does an Oba have?

ritababe:
good
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by saintmark88(m): 2:26pm On Oct 25, 2016
Its not enough to create or make laws, but how to enforce it, The oda day, Gov Ambode came on #YourViewTVC nd pronounced a total ban on street trading in lagos, I watched it live, but people are still selling on d street, you even have more sellers on d streets than we had bfre he made d pronouncement.

This is nothing to rejoice about, until we c it been enforced.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by allbright(m): 2:29pm On Oct 25, 2016
Opharhe:
Hmmm. I think I like this.
Oba Ewuare II carrying out political and cultural reforms just like Ewuare n'Ogidigan I. Sir,
The interest of the people is paramount.
May your reign bring peace and development your Kingdom.
Oba ghato kpere!

Iseee!!!

Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by paradigmshift(m): 2:45pm On Oct 25, 2016
fierce oba...I love him
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by paradigmshift(m): 2:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
saintmark88:
Its not enough to create or make laws, but how to enforce it, The oda day, Gov Ambode came on #YourViewTVC nd pronounced a total ban on street trading in lagos, I watched it live, but people are still selling on d street, you even have more sellers on d streets than we had bfre he made d pronouncement.

This is nothing to rejoice about, until we c it been enforced.

yes u right.... am sure he will do that..
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by paradigmshift(m): 2:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
Badgers14:
Good job to Oba of Benin...

Please could he ban all those Edo witches.... Thank you sir in advance.. grin grin

he can't ban them because he's a wizard himself . do you know how many witches that live in the palace...that man na god
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by paradigmshift(m): 2:51pm On Oct 25, 2016
abuayman:
Hope the new Oba is well jazzed? grin

hahaha the oba na head of all witch, wizard,ogboni ,demon ,principality n power n anything occultic u can think off. no go there

1 Like

Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by ezechueze(m): 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2016
Howmon:
1. He who the gods want to kill, ..... bla bla bla mad.

2. Who owns the land?

A) God
B) The government
C) Community Development Assoc.
D) Monarch
E) Omo onile

3. Explain with example why you selected the option you picked in question 2 above.

30mks

A. God... because he created heaven and earth
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by kinglai2: 3:00pm On Oct 25, 2016
[quote author=eseosa77 post=50494622]

The Benin monarch, Oba Ewuare II has ordered the immediate suspension of Community Development Associations (CDAs) in all the seven local government areas of Edo State which constitute the Benin Kingdom.

All land matters would henceforth be adjudicated by the Oba or through the Enogie or Edionwere and no longer through Community Development Associations.

The seven local government areas of the Benin
Kingdom are Oredo (capital), Egor, Ikpoba Okha, Uhunmwode, Orhionmwon, Ovia South West and Ovia North East local government areas.

The Oba, who is the paramount ruler over the Edo South District of Edo state, has traditional right over all native lands in the kingdom, especially lands that falls outside the rights of the governor under the Land Use Act.

For many decades the Oba was in charge of adjudicating on land disputes throughout the district. But in recent times, especially since the advent of democracy in 1999, there had been a proliferation of so-called community development associations led by mostly thugs instead of community elders or true members of the community.

These so-called community development associations are not known to grade roads, control erosion or provide security for the community but they collect dues in hundreds of thousands of naira and oftentimes trouble land developers preventing them from developing lands through violence and intimidation.

Many of the CDAs are notorious for selling lands to more than one persons thereby creating lots of land ownership crisis in the state. Also they levy developers of lands all sorts of illegal and unaccounable levies which makes development of property in Benin frustrating and unattractive.

The pronouncement Sunday by the Benin monarch has elicited jubilation throughout Edo with many residents of Benin City hailing the decision as one of the best pronouncements since his ascension to the ancient throne.

Barr Abraham Oviawe, a civil rights activist and resident of Benin City hailed the decision at Agenda Setting forum saying “Great. Peace will reign in communities no

Ijoba abacha cry
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by jrusky(m): 3:10pm On Oct 25, 2016
I support the move in as much it will help the poor masses and will also not ends up becoming a scam.

Let all nonsense be ban enough of all these mess everywhere.
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by jrusky(m): 3:10pm On Oct 25, 2016
I support the move in as much it will help the por masses and will also not ends up becoming a scam.

Let all nonsense be ban enough of all these mess everywhere.
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by Edoblakky(m): 3:20pm On Oct 25, 2016
This is a good move especially to those of us who own landed properties in Edo.
Last year, I bought a piece of land and was made to pay 250k for community development. I also paid for chairs tables and drinks.
Just last month when I was planning to deck my building, some thugs came and told my engineer on site that they just had another election which produced a new community chairman. The chairman said we must pay 20k to ratify the first payment and that they've changed their receipt.
These thugs need to be tamed. Lazy bunch. No wonder they fight and kill for community development Positions. At least this will stop.
Oba ghato kpere. Isee

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by mastermaestro(m): 3:26pm On Oct 25, 2016
The new monarch should be shrewd and cautious in his pronouncements. He shouldn't create crisis in Benin communities after his father tried so hard to ensure there was peace during his time. He needs to consider critically the implications of this pronouncement.

Oshiomhole at a time wanted to dissolve these associations, but he shelved the move after he was advised by those who knew better.

Oba should meet with these associations, exert more control over them, and tax them substantially.

Otherwise, I fear that this oba could become the first Bini monarch whose pronouncement his subjects will open defy. I sense it strongly.
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by mulattoclaroo(m): 3:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
Udmaster:
shalap. Buy which land? U neva see garri drink, na land u wan buy. Joker
I beta pass your papa and your family and your whole villa in case you never know. For your mind you feel say poverty use my destiny sew agbada like your destiny.
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by wxyz1: 3:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
Long live the great Oba of Bini kingdom. You are God sent
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by mulattoclaroo(m): 3:33pm On Oct 25, 2016
naijalander:
Ok how is this good? Is this not a democratic country, what power does an Oba have?

guy keep quiet. What useless Democracy? The oba has spoken and his decision is final.

1 Like

Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 25, 2016
You hope oba is well jazzed? My guy, wia people jazz end, na dia Oba Jazz start O!

1 Like

Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by Udmaster(m): 3:36pm On Oct 25, 2016
mulattoclaroo:
I beta pass your papa and your family and your whole villa in case you never know. For your mind you feel say poverty use my destiny sew agbada like your destiny.
i am managing my firm in Ohio, am a young millionaire, u re just a jakazz. Bini wit.ch.craft.
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by mulattoclaroo(m): 3:38pm On Oct 25, 2016
mastermaestro:
The new monarch should be shrewd and cautious in his pronouncements. He shouldn't create crisis in Benin communities after his father tried so hard to ensure there was peace during his time. He needs to consider critically the implications of this pronouncement.

Oshiomhole at a time wanted to dissolve these associations, but he shelved the move after he was advised by those who knew better.

Oba should meet with these associations, exert more control over them, and tax them substantially.

Otherwise, I fear that this oba could become the first Bini monarch whose pronouncement his subjects will open defy. I sense it strongly.

there's no one born of a woman that would defile the order of the oba of benin. If the person doesn't die mysteriously, his own people will lynch him.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by Omonoba1: 3:39pm On Oct 25, 2016
naijalander:

you don't know good it is because you have never used 500k to settle some useless touts in the name of CDA who do not even know how you got the money before you can start building and another 100k before you can start roofing and fencing..you do not know how good it is cos you haven't gotten a land that was sold to more than one persons before..you guys should learn to appreciate good things when you see one and stop been blinded by your hate and religious affiliations..

As regard your question, the Oba is the Law in his own right and that's why NOBODY can revoke this suspension except himself,

2 Likes

Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by mulattoclaroo(m): 3:40pm On Oct 25, 2016
Udmaster:
i am managing my firm in Ohio, am a young millionaire, u re just a jakazz. Bini wit.ch.craft.
see this one. No be only Ohio na my pit toilet. I really pity your life. The recession is really biting you hard. I have a very big farm and I'm currently employing labourers. Come and work in my farm.
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by Udmaster(m): 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
mulattoclaroo:
see this one. No be only Ohio na my pit toilet. I really pity your life. The recession is really biting you hard. I have a very big farm and I'm currently employing labourers. Come and work in my farm.
Crap! Recession is 4 ur junk ass in ghettogeria.
I can own ur azz with just $200 and still get some damn balance.
Re: Oba Ewuare II Suspends Community Development Associations In Benin Kingdom by Kx: 3:47pm On Oct 25, 2016
[size=18pt]Ejooor o, with the coming of the new Oba, is Igbinedion still the Esama of Bini Kingdom or have they appointed a new Esama?
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Culture Shock: Have You Ever Experienced It? / Calabar Bikers' Carnival 2016 (photos) / Pictures Of Four Oduduwa Monuments In Different Cities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.