Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

My Opinion On Goodluck Jonathan's Remarks About #dasukigate At The Oxford Union - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Opinion On Goodluck Jonathan's Remarks About #dasukigate At The Oxford Union (769 Views)

Bolaji Abdullahi's “On A Platter Of Gold” A Book On Goodluck Jonathan / Igbos React, Rain Abuses On Nnamdi Kanu Over Weak Jonathan Remarks / Funny Indeed: New Meaning Of Buhari In The Oxford Dictionary [must Read] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Opinion On Goodluck Jonathan's Remarks About #dasukigate At The Oxford Union by socialmediaman: 1:57pm On Oct 25, 2016
At the Oxford Union in the UK, former President Goodluck Jonathan while responding to a question, stated that he did not believe that anyone would steal the amount of money that Dasuki was being accused of. That was, for me, very appalling and disappointing. For someone who has worked in the public service system in Nigeria, this is something you do not want to hear from a leader, it means he is incapable of solving the problem of corruption if he doesn't really understand the depth of it. Being naive about corruption, or pretending not to know the extent to which it exists, is something i would not want to hear from an ex commander-in-chief. YEs, people are embezzling more than Nigeria's accounted revenue and this is a known fact in the Immigration, Customs, FIRS, NNPC and other government agencies.

Buhari's government has been a disaster so far, but for those wishing GEJ's government should come back, i hope you see reason to move forward beyond both this incompetent and partisan leadership of Buhari, and the previous corrupt and wasteful government of GEJ.

God Bless Nigeria

- SocialMediaMan

1 Like

Re: My Opinion On Goodluck Jonathan's Remarks About #dasukigate At The Oxford Union by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:58pm On Oct 25, 2016
What are you Saying?

1 Like

Re: My Opinion On Goodluck Jonathan's Remarks About #dasukigate At The Oxford Union by socialmediaman: 2:00pm On Oct 25, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
What are you Saying?

That his comments were unfortunate for a Nigerian leader, consistent with his remarks in the past that corruption was over emphasized in Nigeria
Re: My Opinion On Goodluck Jonathan's Remarks About #dasukigate At The Oxford Union by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 25, 2016
I'm still lookin for ur reasonable point here
Re: My Opinion On Goodluck Jonathan's Remarks About #dasukigate At The Oxford Union by drss2(m): 2:20pm On Oct 25, 2016
socialmediaman:

That his comments were unfortunate for a Nigerian leader, consistent with his remarks in the past that corruption was over emphasized in Nigeria
u tink d propaganda n media trial dished to u pipul daily about dasuki by dis govt is d true representation of facts has d court found dasuki guilty of embezzling so called $2 billion i ones told u dat buari will end up with thieves as ministers, n it came to pass. let me let u in anoda prediction; at d conclusion of dasuki trial by d courts, nigerians will STONE buari on d streets.
mark dis post very well for future reference.
Re: My Opinion On Goodluck Jonathan's Remarks About #dasukigate At The Oxford Union by socialmediaman: 2:35pm On Oct 25, 2016
drss2:
u tink d propaganda n media trial dished to u pipul daily about dasuki by dis govt is d true representation of facts has d court found dasuki guilty of embezzling so called $2 billion i ones told u dat buari will end up with thieves as ministers, n it came to pass. let me let u in anoda prediction; at d conclusion of dasuki trial by d courts, nigerians will STONE buari on d streets.

Politicians confessed they collected money from Dasuki, so i think its no longer just a question of how much, but how widespread the corruption was

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion On Goodluck Jonathan's Remarks About #dasukigate At The Oxford Union by omolami: 2:36pm On Oct 25, 2016
My opinion is that even buhari. knows that it impossible to steal such amount without grounding nigeria. Buhari only punishing Dasuki for past did that still hurt him. Highly unforgiving and wicked
Re: My Opinion On Goodluck Jonathan's Remarks About #dasukigate At The Oxford Union by Splinz(m): 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2016
GEJ made that comment as one in the know about the fictitious amount dished out to zombies as stolen and shared. He knows that even in the court of law, it can never be proven! Which is why this unfortunate government has resorted to media trials and convictions!
Re: My Opinion On Goodluck Jonathan's Remarks About #dasukigate At The Oxford Union by Funlordjnr: 2:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
undecided
drss2:

So "olisah metuh plus fani kayode plus obanikoro plus fayose plus nenadi usman plus bala mohammed plus alex badeh plus the former nimasa dg that has even been convicted etc" are all also part of the propaganda abi?

Na because of people like you na him make adekunle gold been sing say.."epmty barrell lo ma pariwo"!
Re: My Opinion On Goodluck Jonathan's Remarks About #dasukigate At The Oxford Union by Xflint(m): 8:05pm On Oct 25, 2016
socialmediaman:
At the Oxford Union in the UK, former President Goodluck Jonathan while responding to a question, stated that he did not believe that anyone would steal the amount of money that Dasuki was being accused of. That was, for me, very appalling and disappointing. For someone who has worked in the public service system in Nigeria, this is something you do not want to hear from a leader, it means he is incapable of solving the problem of corruption if he doesn't really understand the depth of it. Being naive about corruption, or pretending not to know the extent to which it exists, is something i would not want to hear from an ex commander-in-chief. YEs, people are embezzling more than Nigeria's accounted revenue and this is a known fact in the Immigration, Customs, FIRS, NNPC and other government agencies.

Buhari's government has been a disaster so far, but for those wishing GEJ's government should come back, i hope you see reason to move forward beyond both this incompetent and partisan leadership of Buhari, and the previous corrupt and wasteful government of GEJ.

God Bless Nigeria

- SocialMediaMan

Bros no b u open this thread before 2015 election
https://www.nairaland.com/2196633/jonathans-youwin-joke-nigerians-take

(1) (Reply)

Trending! Biafra New Generation Fighter Aircraft In Cooperation With Russia -T50 / Emulate NJC, Suspend Amaechi, Other Ministers Accused Of Corruption, PDP Tells B / Photos Of Late Lt. Col. M.a. Ali And His Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.