Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

When Your "Holiness" Makes You Over Confident With Occasions Of Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Your "Holiness" Makes You Over Confident With Occasions Of Sin (677 Views)

6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children / Pentecostal Holiness Church Collapses In South Africa, Kills 13 People / 4 Ways To Abandon A Life Of Sin - Kikiotolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your "Holiness" Makes You Over Confident With Occasions Of Sin by Marioplus(m): 2:25pm On Oct 25, 2016
WHEN your "HOLINESS" makes you over confident with OCCASIONS/ENVIRONMENTS/INSTRUMENTS OF SIN:
who is a responsible man/woman ? NEVER BE OVER-CONFIDENT WITH ENVIRONMENTS/OCCASIONS/INSTRUMENTS OF SIN; NO MATTER HOW HOLY YOU PRESUME TO BE OR PEOPLE MAKE YOU FEEL; AS LONG AS YOU ARE STILL ON THIS EARTH, YOU STILL HAVE 1% ABILITY TO FALL FOR OR COMMIT ANY TYPE OF SIN ON THIS EARTH thus "If we say, we have no SIN, we are deceiving ourselves, and TRUTH has no place IN US" {1 Jn.1:8} hence do not ALLOW SUCH OCCASIONS AT ALL thus "Separate yourselves from all appearance of evil" [1Thess.5:22] and KEEP COMPANY WITH THE GATHERING OF SINCERE CHRISTIANS "We should not stop gathering together with other believers, as some of you are doing. Instead, we must continue to encourage each other even more as we see the day of the Lord coming"(Heb.10:23) BECAUSE "Iron by iron is sharpened, And a man sharpens the face of his friend" {Prov.27:17}
REMEMBER
HEAVEN IS REAL
HELL IS REAL
Heaven is ONLY for those who believe in JESUS CHRIST AS THEIR OWN PERSONAL LORD, SAVIOR, REDEEMER & GOD AS WELL AS ALLOW THE HOLY SPIRIT TO CONTROL EVERY SINGLE BIT BY BIT THOUGHTS, WORDS, DECISIONS, BUSINESS, LIFESTYLE {HIDDEN/EXTERNAL}, SCHOOL, JOBS, DRESSING, VIDEOS, PICTURES, NOVELS, BOOKS, SOCIAL MEDIA CHAT GROUPS, RELIGIOUS TITLE/POSITIONS, ACTIVITIES e.t.c OF THEIRS TILL BIOLOGICAL DEATH OR JESUS CHRIST COMING hence to confirm this CERTAINTY "This is how love has been perfected among us: we will have confidence on the day of judgment because, during our time in this world, we are just like him" {1 Jn.4:17}
HELL IS FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST AS THEIR OWN PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR "No one who believes in him will be judged; but whoever does not believe is JUDGED ALREADY because that person does not believe in the Name of God's only Son" {Jn.3:18}
'Anyone who believes in the Son has ETERNAL LIFE, but anyone who refuses to believe in the Son will NEVER SEE LIFE: GOD'S RETRIBUTION HANGS OVER HIM' [Jn.3:36]
HELL-FIRE IS ALSO FOR THOSE WHO SAY THEY BELIEVE IN JESUS BUT THEY DO NOT LIVE ACCORDING TO THE DIRECTIONS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT RATHER CHOSE TO BE COMMITTING SIN AND DID NOT REPENT BEFORE THEY DIED "It is not ANYONE who says to me, Lord, Lord, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who DOES THE WILL OF MY FATHER IN HEAVEN" {Mtt.7:21}
PURGATORY IS REAL however it is a TEMPORAL PHASE {"Death and Hades were emptied of the DEAD THAT WERE IN THEM; and EVERY ONE was judged as his DEEDS deserved. THEN DEATH AND HADES were THROWN INTO THE BURNING LAKE. THIS BURNING LAKE IS THE SECOND DEATH" Rev.20:14} for people who lived on earth believing in JESUS CHRIST AS THEIR OWN PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR but due to human inclination submitted/committed SIN while ALIVE yet they confessed their sin to God personally{"If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just [true to His own nature and promises], and will forgive our sins and cleanse us continually from all unrighteousness [our wrongdoing, everything not in conformity with His will and purpose]1 Jn.1:9, "My little children (believers, dear ones), I am writing you these things so that you will not sin and violate God’s law. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate [who will intercede for us] with the Father: Jesus Christ the righteous [the upright, the just One, who conforms to the Father’s will in every way—purpose, thought, and action]. And He [that same Jesus] is the propitiation for our sins [the atoning sacrifice that holds back the wrath of God that would otherwise be directed at us because of our sinful nature—our worldliness, our lifestyle]; and not for ours alone, but also for [the sins of all believers throughout] the whole world.1 Jn.2:1-2},
through the sacramental confession ["And when He said this, He breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of anyone they are forgiven [because of their faith]; if you retain the sins of anyone, they are retained [and remain unforgiven because of their unbelief].”Jn.20:22-23] and they believed God has forgiven them however without faith we cannot please God (Heb.11:6) i.e without FAITH no one will enter Heaven then knowing that FAITH is believing in JESUS CHRIST {EVERY WRITTEN WORD OF GOD(HOLY BIBLE CONTENTS) AND SPOKEN WORD OF GOD[ORAL TRADITIONS]} and living according to the principles of the HOLY SPIRIT for example after telling God you are sorry for STEALING (ALWAYS BE SINCERE AND HUMBLE TO CALL SIN ITS ORIGINAL NAME; THIS SINCERITY IS AN ASSURANCE YOU WILL NOT DIE WITHOUT REPENTANCE TO GOD "THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE"Jn.8:32) this 20 thousand Naira from your Sister/Brother/Husband/Wife/Children/Relations/Friend/Govt-Office/Biz-Partner/Church-Offering/Church-Donations & Levies/Private-Office/Market-Associations/School/Students/Teacher/Judiciary/Clergy e.t.c then GOD says RETURN THE STOLEN MONEY, you AGREE, while giving back the STOLEN MONEY TO THE RIGHTFUL OWNER; you are GRUMBLING IN YOUR HEART "why should I return the MONEY TO HIM/HER/THEM? since you presume in your heart the person or group does not need the money more than you at the particular period/time" THIS KIND OF ATTITUDE is a clear indication of someone who partially believes that GOD HAS COMPLETELY FORGIVEN HIM/HER and if such a person dies with this state of the SOUL will not be thrown into LAKE OF FIRE because of the MERCY/FORGIVENESS OF GOD which he/she believed in and practiced while on earth and this MERCY TRIUMPHS OVER JUDGMENT hence will be placed in the BAPTISMAL FIRE OF JESUS CHRIST {"I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire" Mtt.3:11} for COMPLETE PERFECTION before COMPLETE UNION WITH THE FULL COURT OF HEAVEN {"But if the work is burned up, the builder will suffer great loss. The builder will be saved, but like someone barely escaping through a wall of flames"1 Cor.3:15}
"Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life" (Rev.21:27) hence if you are still committing SIN with impunity and assurance that you will have the opportunity to repent and amend all your ways before you die; BE-CAREFUL/BE-WARNED or if you are still living in SIN while HOPING TO GO TO PURGATORY; you are MAKING A SERIOUS MISTAKE BECAUSE YOU ARE MOVING TOWARDS HELL/SECOND-DEATH/LAKE OF FIRE/GEHENNA WITH IMPUNITY
therefore I encourage all of us including myself that we should REPENT FROM OUR SINFUL LIFESTYLE, REJECT SIN AND ALL ITS GLAMOUR, AMEND ALL OUR WAYS AND FELLOWSHIP WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT AS HE LEADS US BACK TO HEAVEN OUR HOME {Phil.3:20} in JESUS NAME. AMEN.
Re: When Your "Holiness" Makes You Over Confident With Occasions Of Sin by youngest85(m): 2:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
unfortunately, nobody wl make heaven in nigeria
Re: When Your "Holiness" Makes You Over Confident With Occasions Of Sin by firstking01(m): 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2016
@ youngest85 speak for yourself....currently there are nigerians who are in heaven as i'm typing this thing now.
Re: When Your "Holiness" Makes You Over Confident With Occasions Of Sin by youngest85(m): 2:51pm On Oct 25, 2016
firstking01:
@ youngest85 speak for yourself....currently there are nigerians who are in heaven as i'm typing this thing now.

Name one of dem
Re: When Your "Holiness" Makes You Over Confident With Occasions Of Sin by bitchcrafts: 2:54pm On Oct 25, 2016
Holy Molly! Who read that novel?
Re: When Your "Holiness" Makes You Over Confident With Occasions Of Sin by firstking01(m): 4:00pm On Oct 25, 2016
youngest85:

Name one of dem
Arcbishop benson idahosa....mummy kumuyi...my mum and so many i can't remember now.
Re: When Your "Holiness" Makes You Over Confident With Occasions Of Sin by youngest85(m): 4:05pm On Oct 25, 2016
firstking01:
Arcbishop benson idahosa....mummy kumuyi...my mum and so many i can't remember now.

I pity u, read John 8 vs 44
Re: When Your "Holiness" Makes You Over Confident With Occasions Of Sin by nwajesus12(m): 4:08pm On Oct 25, 2016
youngest85:
unfortunately, nobody wl make heaven in nigeria
Big lie...with this kind of mind set,u will continue to wallow in sin.before you know it,it becomes a lifestyle#after all nobody in Nigeria will make heaven..my dear,God is more interested in sinners than any oda thing.Ask for forgiveness,and it shall be done..
Re: When Your "Holiness" Makes You Over Confident With Occasions Of Sin by youngest85(m): 4:12pm On Oct 25, 2016
nwajesus12:
Big lie...with this kind of mind set,u will continue to wallow in sin.before you know it,it becomes a lifestyle#after all nobody in Nigeria will make heaven..my dear,God is more interested in sinners than any oda thing.Ask for forgiveness,and it shall be done..

Ask 4 4gvness and kp going back to it.......u tink u cn fool God?
Re: When Your "Holiness" Makes You Over Confident With Occasions Of Sin by nwajesus12(m): 4:42pm On Oct 25, 2016
youngest85:

Ask 4 4gvness and kp going back to it.......u tink u cn fool God?
sin is a choice.
Re: When Your "Holiness" Makes You Over Confident With Occasions Of Sin by youngest85(m): 4:50pm On Oct 25, 2016
nwajesus12:
sin is a choice.
There is one sin nigerians can not avoid....John 8 vs 44
Re: When Your "Holiness" Makes You Over Confident With Occasions Of Sin by firstking01(m): 4:58pm On Oct 25, 2016
youngest85:

I pity u, read John 8 vs 44
Lol, before i further convince you which denomination are you?...and pls check my last thread, it was on fp saturday and sunday...that's just a clue to tell you where i'm coming from and where i belong....let me know your faith??

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKING Details Of How TB Joshua’s People Prevented Fire Fighters From Entering / Christian Freedom And Islamic Bondage / Virgin Mary Statue That Moves, Changes Colour & Heals Illness..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.