Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

I Think I'm Losing My Belief - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Think I'm Losing My Belief (37567 Views)

This Is My Belief Regarding Fish Rain / These People Are Killing My Faith & My Belief Am Backsliding. / How I Lost My Belief In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by skywalker001(m): 10:31pm On Oct 25, 2016
chloro:
Think Harder and God will reveal himself to You.
are you an enemy of freedom ? someone is getting out of bondage and scam and u stil tryin to draw him back... if u wanna remain in your bondage must u take someone else with u ? i'm happy for you op for accepting the truth

3 Likes

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:31pm On Oct 25, 2016
Pidggin:

Dear brethren, as long as it has helped you believe ride on grin
True grin

Enjoyed reading your thread, nice reasoning too. Would like to know your other propositions

Really ? Thanks .I'll mention you when I modify that thread . I'll post more much later then .

However, there are so many blessings attached to faith you might want to apply it in aiding your belief smiley

Sure smiley
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Mzyouzee1(f): 10:31pm On Oct 25, 2016
I have been meaning to say dis....whatever happened to the youth of Jesus in the bible? Why was it all erased? Was d last supper really last supper or Jesus' wedding? Dis church people can not come and go and make me mad ni ooo

2 Likes

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by dasparrow: 10:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
ObiChiz08:
You're not alone bro
I'm gradually pulling away from religion, nothing fascinates me about going to church unlike before. Christians are suffering cos of religion, Pastors aren't helping matters at all cos they seem bigger than God. What's d essence of going to church when d messages preached are repetition of previous messages? I just hope I don't slip away fully

Truth of the matter is, the way Nigerians practice Christianity can make one loose interest in Christianity if one is not careful. When I was living overseas, I enjoyed attending church, listening to the preaching and loved praise worship. After I moved to Nigeria, Nigerian Christianity has burnt me out. It is no longer that much fun going to church and I have difficulty focusing in church with all the wailing, falling under the anointing and crying that I see going on around me by church members.

The church service is often times so long and Nigerian pastors tend not to keep to time. In my church for instance, there is a service almost everyday of the week. We are told that God will not bless us or answer our prayers or protect us from danger if we don't do XYZ. At the end of the day, you feel burnt out because it begins to feel as if one is never doing enough to please God and hence we are suffering.

In the western world, people don't go to church as often as we do in this part of the world yet their societies function better and the citizens of western countries generally enjoy a better quality of life that we here in Nigeria can only dream of. Right now, so many Nigerians can't even afford to eat well. Many Nigerians are being rendered homeless by all the sudden demolition going on.

All Nigerians do is pray forgetting that prayer without works is dead. After shouting amen and hallelujah, many go back to doing all manners of evil and wickedness. This is why, despite being known as a very religious people, we are known as crooks around the world because of all the criminal atrocities some of our people commit including online fraud, drug trafficking and the likes.

I choose to hold on to God because He is my creator and He has been faithful to me but I must say the Nigerian way of worshiping God has left me feeling increasingly less enthusiastic about attending church.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 25, 2016
Pidggin:

But you still had a choice and it seems you chose hell. Dying ends it all for you so yeah you chose hell. Enjoy your life cause it is all you have to live for.
No I chose atheism which is freedom from fear. I don't believe in hell and neither do I expect heaven.

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by firstking01(m): 10:35pm On Oct 25, 2016
These ones are yet to have an encounter with God....anyways, you guys should not worry by this weekend i 'll prove to you that God is in heaven, and HE's enthroned inbetween the cherubins and seraphins...my thread about my experience and my encounter with HIM is just an apetizer...keep your fingers crossed atheist cool

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Proffdada: 10:36pm On Oct 25, 2016
TheSixthSense:
And who told you the Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God? Did you find that out yourself?
don't aske questions you already know the answers
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 25, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

All atheists have blind faith .
No we don't

3 Likes

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 25, 2016
Why don't you tell me?
Proffdada:
don't aske questions you already know the answers
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 25, 2016
zfinix:

if you dont want to worship God then own up to the consequences its beter to be on the safe side
There's another option. ATHEISM the freedom from religious fears.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Proffdada: 10:42pm On Oct 25, 2016
TheSixthSense:
Why don't you tell me?
I hope you can read because that's the 1st comment I made
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Johncuppa(m): 10:42pm On Oct 25, 2016
If we are to think about it, everyone should agree with you but God did not subject His existence and the validity of His word to reasoning and logic but #faith.
It is by faith that the just shall live.
Hebrew 11:33, ..... His ways and His paths are beyond past finding out(emphasis is mind)
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 25, 2016
[quote author=zfinix post=50508731][/quote] when did I say I was afraid of hell? ??
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 25, 2016
Ekhemini:
Ak squad.
loool

Brother
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 25, 2016
You said christianity is not a religion that it is a relationship with Christ the Son of God and that Romans invented religion, right? Yes. So, I ask again, how do/did you know that Christ is the Son of God? Did you find that out for yourself?
It seems it is you that has a problem with comprehension
Proffdada:
I hope you can read because that's the 1st comment I made
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:50pm On Oct 25, 2016
Immorttal:
wink yep cool

Why?!

angry angry angry

I was really interested in learning about your worldview
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 25, 2016
Immorttal:
Atheism revealed me to humanism,.. i was a bad ass hating christian, i believed i was a special son of God and had no iota of feeling on my fellow human,. now as an atheist, i help the less privileged, i love animals more, infact i became a Vegan afterwards. i love all humans now no matter their condition or my condition. this revelation shows that EVERYTHING is wrong with Religion
Thank you for that expressive sentence. Most atheist are filled with a deeper appreciation for all life. What most religion teaches you especially the Abrahamic ones is that the earth was made for man and other animals are unimportant compared to you. So much arrogance is contained in religion. Humans have only inhabited this planet for less than 100,000 years, the remaining 2-3 billion was filled with different life forms.
There has been atleast 4 major extinction level events, in which most of the life on this planet has died.
All that was what gave humans the chance to even evolve to create their religions in the first place.

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by jonbellion(m): 10:51pm On Oct 25, 2016
Lennycool:

Atheism isn't the disbelief of a universal God(Creator in this sense) it is the belief that all deities portrayed by human religions don't exist. So why most atheist will never argue about the existence of a universal Creator(God) they wholeheartedly reject any deity as real.
this is what the creationist don't seem to understand. There are a few gnostic atheists that will say they are actually sure but that makes no sense

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by AreaFada2: 10:55pm On Oct 25, 2016
This is going to happen more & more as Africa prospers.

And the money & wealth focus of modern mushroom churches in the midst of so much poverty is not helping matters.

I think at the end each person has to feel a personal connection with God. Or not feel it.

2 Likes

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by firstking01(m): 10:55pm On Oct 25, 2016
Akdegreat:

Must I fast everyday and pray 10 times a day before God reveals himself to me? That sounds ridiculous though.

However, I studied the Bible diligently. In fact I could spend hours on it. I was a worshipper, like David. I was a pianist and I worshipped in songs. I stayed clear of sin too.
Chai, lwkmd...you guys can never understand "HIM"...check my last thread....God called david, remember?...all what you were doing was wit ulterior motives that's why you dint see God cool....HE shows HIMSELF to anybody HE wishes to...from the way you sounded you were doing all you did so God would show HIMSELF to you ba??...stop forcing yourself on GOD cos you might be wasting your time...HE works in a mysterious way....there are layed down principles in the bible you must follow before you will/may see HIM...remember moses saw HIM??,,,me i 've seen HIM too but that's a story for another day cool...i dnt need to preach too much on that...the more you doubt HIM the more HE strains afar off from you...for HE said "draw nigh to me and i 'll draw nigh to you"...most of your problems are, you want to use your human intelligence and measure with GOD's standards, nope it doesn't work that way..inshort i have too many things to type but not tonight....follow me by weekend, i 'll create another thread with convincing evidence and reasons why you must trust and worship God and go to church....as you see me so, when it comes to this kind of things i'm balanced...ok, have a goodnight for now.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 25, 2016
timoteus:

From the way you talked, you are well educated.
If you can talk so, what should these children say ?
What you believe is up to you sha
Why did your God let them suffer in the first place?
If they die they will return to the earth and bring about more life, it is the circle of life. Live grow die. Repeat.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Immorttal: 10:58pm On Oct 25, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Why?!

angry angry angry

I was really interested in learning about your worldview
i learnt that you are now deist. so what next. agnostic? i like how you are evolving.

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 25, 2016
Raydos:
i want to ask three questions!

(1) how often do you fast?

(2) do you pray at least 10times a day?

(3) do you distance yourself from sin?

you don't do all these things and you expect GOD to show itself to you! - scientists have tried their best to find where GOD is really is but all to no avail so they conclude that there's no GOD!

just because people Don't see GOD Face to face so they have a mere intuition that GOD Doesn't exist - but funny enough you people have never seen devil in person yet you believe he exist, every bad thing that happen to you, you believe its always the handiwork of devil.

try to do all those 3 aforementioned list up there, and i asure you that GOD will see you in spirit and he will make you understand everything.

i am a living testimony
You nailed it.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Proffdada: 10:59pm On Oct 25, 2016
TheSixthSense:
You said christianity is not a religion that it is a relationship with Christ the Son of God and that Romans invented religion, right? Yes. So, I ask again, how do/did you know that Christ is the Son of God? Did you find that out for yourself?
It seems it is you that has a problem with comprehension
I guess you really have a problem with understanding. The romans TRIED.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by skywalker001(m): 11:02pm On Oct 25, 2016
firstking01:
These ones are yet to have an encounter with God....anyways, you guys should not worry by this weekend i 'll prove to you that God is in heaven, and HE's enthroned inbetween the cherubins and seraphins ...my thread about my experience and my encounter with HIM is just an apetizer...keep your fingers crossed atheist cool
that ritual church ? going to c&s is just lik goin to herbalist place
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 25, 2016
Arrgh I give up
Proffdada:
I guess you really have a problem with understanding. The romans TRIED.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by ephemmex22: 11:05pm On Oct 25, 2016
Lennycool:

This is so true, being an atheist filled me with a deeper appreciation for life. It gave me something I never had with Christianity, which teaches you that the world was made for humans, this fills you with so much arrogance. The world is going to end anytime soon so we all shouldn't care anyway. Jesus is coming.
As an atheist I see the world as an interconnected system, we need to preserve it. Last time a toad entered my house I couldn't even kill it, I know and accept it plays a role in our ecosystem as do all life.

Atheist believes there is no God. But, do they believe there no devil also?
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by kaylivin(m): 11:06pm On Oct 25, 2016
Akdegreat:

Must I fast everyday and pray 10 times a day before God reveals himself to me? That sounds ridiculous though.

However, I studied the Bible diligently. In fact I could spend hours on it. I was a worshipper, like David. I was a pianist and I worshipped in songs. I stayed clear of sin too.
there is a fact am so sure of .. that is the fact that there is a supreme being (yes I said its a fact ) now the real problem is the preaching of religious supremacy and man wanting to play God by trying to dictate the rules of how to connect with God .. from generations immemorial man always arrived at the conclusion that there is a supreme being (from observing their world to creating hypothesis and testing their various hypothesis) so why shud we believe they've all being fools . if I find my self on an island believing no one has ever being there , then I find inscriptions in the sands at the shore that writes Joseph , Wud it be right for me to conclude that the waves of the ocean wrote it there? . i agree with you if u believe something is wrong with the stories we hear about the supreme been (I share the opinion too) but I found Jehovah and my king Jesus .. and I tell you ,this is no hypothesis but a law ,, " genuinely open you heart to him and you will find him " you dont need a pastor to tell u about him , he will reveal himself to you ..

3 Likes

Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by firstking01(m): 11:06pm On Oct 25, 2016
skywalker001:
that ritual church ? going to c&s is just lik goin to herbalist place
Read isaiah 6 you will understand the true meaning of cherubin and seraphin...it's not what mere men have made it seem...just go digest that isaiah chapt 6 then i bet you view of cherubin and seraphin will change.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Johncuppa(m): 11:07pm On Oct 25, 2016
Akdegreat:

Yes I agree with you. But I was an 'active' Christian. I was captain in our children department then. I participated and represented RCCG East 1 province in children's bible quiz severally, even at National convention in the camp. I was an active chorister. I used to sweep and clean the church premises every Saturday with my parents and siblings. Anyone who knows me can attest.
Exactly where the problem is, Christianity is never without hearing the word of God, believing it, showing an act of repentance and stepping out to God to reveal Himself to you through your faith in Him.
Re: I Think I'm Losing My Belief by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 25, 2016
ephemmex22:

Atheist believes there is no God. But, do they believe there no devil also?
Yeah they don't believe in the devil too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Why Demons Love Sperm,and Discharges. / Police Seals Anglican Church In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Why We Attacked Catholic Church In Suleja - Suspect Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.