Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

For Christians(why Do People Yawn When Praying) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Christians(why Do People Yawn When Praying) (3018 Views)

Dear Christians, Why Are Developed/educated Countries Leaving Religion? / Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying? / Christians, Why Do You Hate Richard Dawkins this much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Christians(why Do People Yawn When Praying) by clarkmos15(m): 5:34pm On Oct 25, 2016
i've noticed people yawning in the church even ministers while praying. Some others yawn even when singing praises. So i opened this thread to know your opinions
Re: For Christians(why Do People Yawn When Praying) by Debroslink: 5:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
I thought about this too, and I guess the main reason is the heart is not focused on the prayer or praises.
Re: For Christians(why Do People Yawn When Praying) by hopefulLandlord: 5:49pm On Oct 25, 2016
because deep down, they know no one figures Sheet out by praying
Re: For Christians(why Do People Yawn When Praying) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2016
Because prayer is boring and a burden....I just think about sex when I pray with a group undecided
Re: For Christians(why Do People Yawn When Praying) by TomHagen: 6:08pm On Oct 25, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Because prayer is boring and a burden....I just think about sex when I pray with a group undecided
Do you get high on foolishness or something?
Re: For Christians(why Do People Yawn When Praying) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 25, 2016
So talking about how I really feel is foolishness? undecided
TomHagen:
Do you get high on foolishness or something?
Re: For Christians(why Do People Yawn When Praying) by Genesis2000(m): 6:18pm On Oct 25, 2016
Hmm @op it is wrong and not good atall. It happens to me as well. And each time it occured i feel bad.

This is the cause. Weakness. It is a sigh of spiritual weakness and emptiness.

It is actually the cause of enemy knowing ur weak points. When this happens it shows you re spiritually weak, and your prayer life is becoming very low and inactive.

Engage urself in fasting and praying and you will see urself bouncing back strong, gallant and active.

Am speaking from experience.

God bless you.

Am

1 Like

Re: For Christians(why Do People Yawn When Praying) by Chubhie: 6:21pm On Oct 25, 2016
There's a huge difference between when carnal minds garther to pray and when spiritual minds garther to pray!

Prayer is such a sweet thing! you pray and draft away into realms. I fear God ooooo!!!
Re: For Christians(why Do People Yawn When Praying) by Chubhie: 6:24pm On Oct 25, 2016
Genesis2000:
Hmm @op it is wrong and not good atall. It happens to me as well. And each time it occured i feel bad.

This is the cause. Weakness. It is a sigh of spiritual weakness and emptiness.

It is actually the cause of enemy knowing ur weak points. When this happens it shows you re spiritually weak, and your prayer life is becoming very low and inactive.

Engage urself in fasting and praying and you will see urself bouncing back strong, gallant and active.

Am speaking from experience.

God bless you.

Am
I feel you brother! you are in the spirit.
Re: For Christians(why Do People Yawn When Praying) by TomHagen: 6:26pm On Oct 25, 2016
ItsQuinn:
So talking about how I really feel is foolishness? undecided
I apologise for my brashness. But you seem to have a knack for feeling erm, erm,....you get the idea...:/
Re: For Christians(why Do People Yawn When Praying) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 25, 2016
It's alright, you are right smiley
TomHagen:
I apologise for my brashness. But you seem to have a knack for feeling erm, erm,....you get the idea...:/
Re: For Christians(why Do People Yawn When Praying) by GRIMMJOE(m): 6:55pm On Oct 25, 2016
ItsQuinn:
I C U
Re: For Christians(why Do People Yawn When Praying) by Genesis2000(m): 7:10pm On Oct 25, 2016
Chubhie:

I feel you brother! you are in the spirit.

God bless you my brother. I am speaking from experience. It is very bad omen.

Could you imaging urself yawning when you were ask to do the opening prayer? Believe me the majorities of the congregation will equally yawn likewise.
And you know how embarasing it will be? Pls stay blessed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Christians(why Do People Yawn When Praying) by EyeHateGod: 8:06pm On Oct 25, 2016

Re: For Christians(why Do People Yawn When Praying) by Flashh: 11:09pm On Oct 25, 2016
Despite you were the cause for my reaction the other day; I sincerely apologize and say sorry.
ItsQuinn:
It's alright, you are right smiley
Re: For Christians(why Do People Yawn When Praying) by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 26, 2016
It's alright kiss
Flashh:
Despite you were the cause for my reaction the other day; I sincerely apologize and say sorry.
Re: For Christians(why Do People Yawn When Praying) by chubbyswit(m): 7:49am On Oct 26, 2016
ItsQuinn:
forgive me for calling you a pervert but fear God's presence

(1) (Reply)

Why Does "Works" Work Without Prayers, But Prayers Dont Work Without "Works"? / The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection / I Am Praying For The End Of This Wicked World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.