Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,788 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

What Are The Signs Of A Good Death? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Are The Signs Of A Good Death? (15478 Views)

How To Acquire Husn Al-khatima (A Good Death) / Signs Of A Good End / 10 Signs Of Good Manners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Signs Of A Good Death? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 25, 2016
As'salamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

Today, I will be directly culling from islamqa.info/en.

I was writing a topic related to death and I found this to be beautiful knowledge. It was new knowledge to me so I thought I would share it.

We all aware that death is as real as it can get. Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala inform us in Surah al- Ankabut verse 59 (interpretation of the meaning)

Every soul will taste death.. 29:57

So how much have we prepared? ( I will be writing another topic on it in sha Allah) but it the mean time, let's learn about the signs of a good end.

There are many signs of a good end, which the scholars (may Allaah have mercy on them) have derived from the texts which speak of that.
These signs include the following:

1 – Uttering the shaahadah (testimony of faith) when dying, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “A person whose last words are Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah [there is no god but Allaah] will enter Paradise.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 3116; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 2673.

2 – Dying with sweat on the forehead, because al-Buraydah ibn al-Husayb (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say, “The believer dies with sweat on his forehead.” Narrated by Ahmad, 22513; al-Tirmidhi, 980; al-Nasaa’i, 1828. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

3 – Dying on the night or day of Friday, because the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “there is no Muslim who dies on the day of Friday or the night of Friday, but Allaah will protect him from the trial (fitnah) of the grave.” Narrated by Ahmad, 6546; al-Tirmidhi, 1074. al-Albaani said: When all its isnaads are taken into consideration, this hadeeth is hasan or saheeh.

4 – Dying for the sake of Allaah, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Think not of those as dead who are killed in the way of Allaah. Nay, they are alive, with their Lord, and they have provision.

They rejoice in what Allaah has bestowed upon them of His Bounty and rejoice for the sake of those who have not yet joined them, but are left behind (not yet martyred) that on them no fear shall come, nor shall they grieve.

They rejoice in a grace and a bounty from Allaah, and that Allaah will not waste the reward of the believers”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:169]

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever is killed for the sake of Allaah is a martyr, and whoever dies for the sake of Allaah is a martyr.” Narrated by Muslim, 1915.

5 – Dying of the plague, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The plague is martyrdom for every Muslim.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2830; Muslim, 1916.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), the wife of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), said: I asked the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about the plague, and he told me that it is a punishment that Allaah sends upon whomsoever He will, and that Allaah has made it a mercy for the believers, for there is no one who stays in his land at the time of a plague, bearing that with patience and seeking Allaah’s reward, knowing that nothing will befall him but that which Allaah has decreed for him, but he will be given a reward like that of a martyr.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3474.

6 – Dying of a stomach disease. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “… and whoever dies of a stomach disease is a martyr.” Narrated by Muslim, 1915.

7 – Dying because of being crushed by a falling wall or by drowning, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The martyrs are five: the one who dies of plague, the one who dies of a stomach disease, the one who drowns, the one who is crushed by a falling wall, and the one who is martyred for the sake of Allaah.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2829; Muslim, 1915.

8 – If a woman dies as a result of childbirth, or when she is pregnant. The evidence for that includes the hadeeth narrated by Abu Dawood (3111), according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “A woman who dies with child is a martyr.” al-Khattaabi said: What this means is if she dies with a child in her womb. ‘Awn al-Ma’bood.

And Imam Ahmad narrated (17341) that ‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us about the martyrs and mentioned among them, “A woman who is killed by the child in her womb attains martyrdom, and her child will drag her by his umbilical cord to Paradise.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Kitaab al-Janaa’iz, p. 39.

9 – Death caused by burning, pleurisy and tuberculosis. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Being killed for the sake of Allaah is martyrdom; the plague is martyrdom; drowning is martyrdom; dying of a stomach disease is martyrdom; and the woman who dies in childbirth, her child will drag her by his umbilical cord to Paradise.” (Abu’l-Awaam, the custodian of Bayt al-Maqdis added: and burning and tuberculosis). Al-Albaani said: Hasan saheeh. Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, 1396.

10 – Dying to defend one’s religion, one’s wealth or one’s life, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever is killed defending his wealth is a martyr; whoever is killed defending his religion is a martyr; whoever is killed in self-defence is a martyr.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1421.

Al-Bukhaari (2480) and Muslim (141) narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Whoever is killed defending his wealth is a martyr.”

11 – Dying guarding the borders of Islam for the sake of Allaah. Muslim (1913) narrated that Salmaan al-Faarisi (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Guarding the borders of Islam for one day and one night is better than fasting and praying at night for a whole month, and if he dies (whist performing this duty), he will go on receiving the reward for this great deed and his provision (continually), and he will be spared the questioning in the grave. ”

12 – One of the signs of a good end is dying whilst doing a righteous deed, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“Whoever says Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah, seeking the Countenance of Allaah thereby, and that is the last of his deeds, will enter Paradise. Whoever gives charity and that is the last of his deeds will enter Paradise.” Narrated by Imam Ahmad, 22813; classed as saheeh by al-Albani in Kitaab al-Janaa’iz, p. 43. See Kitaab al-Janaa’iz by al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him), p. 34.

These are the good signs which point to a good end, but despite that we cannot be certain that a specific person is one of the people of Paradise unless the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) testified that he will go to Paradise, such as the four khaleefahs.

We ask Allaah to grant us a good end.

https://islamqa.info/en/10903

Note: This does not mean that anyone who does not die this way will not enter paradise or anyone who dies this way will enter jannah.

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Are The Signs Of A Good Death? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 25, 2016
jazakillaah op.....

whoever dies while sleeping after saying the following to bed;

Allaahumma aslamtu nafsi ilayk, wa fawwattu amri ilayk, wa wajjahtu wajhi ilayk, wa alja'tu dhohri ilayk, ragbatawn wa rahbatan ilayk, la malja'a wa la manja minka ilayk, aamantu bi kitaabikal ladhi anzalta wa binabiyyikal ladhi arsalta.

O Allaah, I submit myself to you, entrust my affairs to you, turn my face to you, and lay myself down depending upon you, hoping in you and fearing you. there is no refuge and no escape except you, I believe in your book that you revealed and the prophet(sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) whom you sent.

The prophet said, whoever says this and dies in his sleep, has died in a state of the natural monotheism.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Signs Of A Good Death? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 25, 2016
lexiconkabir:
jazakillaah op.....

Allaahumma aslamtu nafsi ilayk, wa fawwattu amri ilayk, wa wajjahtu wajhi ilayk, wa alja'tu dhohri ilayk, ragbatawn wa rahbatan ilayk, la malja'a wa la manja minka ilayk, aamantu bi kitaabikal ladhi anzalta wa binabiyyikal ladhi arsalta.

O Allaah, I submit myself to you, entrust my affairs to you, turn my face to you, and lay myself down depending upon you, hoping in you and fearing you. there is no refuge and no escape except you, I believe in your book that you revealed and the prophet(sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) whom you sent.

The prophet said, whoever says this and dies in his sleep, has died in a state of the natural monotheism.

Wa anta fa jazakallah khairan

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Signs Of A Good Death? by Horlorlardaey: 11:49am On Oct 28, 2016
jazakumlahu kairan

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Signs Of A Good Death? by abduolaye(m): 11:51am On Oct 28, 2016
Jazakumullah bikhairam,for sharing with us.
Re: What Are The Signs Of A Good Death? by DahirHassan: 11:55am On Oct 28, 2016
Jazakallahu khairan for this wonderful post.
Re: What Are The Signs Of A Good Death? by vic155: 12:02pm On Oct 28, 2016
JAZAKUMULLAHU KHAIRAN
Re: What Are The Signs Of A Good Death? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 28, 2016
Tanks brother
Re: What Are The Signs Of A Good Death? by moufan: 12:09pm On Oct 28, 2016
nice one op,jazakhumllahu akhiran
Re: What Are The Signs Of A Good Death? by olamkas: 1:21pm On Oct 28, 2016
Jazakumullahu khairaa.
May Allahu reward you accordingly
Re: What Are The Signs Of A Good Death? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 28, 2016
This is a wonderful piece sister, jazakumullaahu khayran. In as much as it is good to have a good ending, clearly, niya is important like in the hadith of Umar ibn Khattab(radhiallaahu anhu). Some might fight jihad for other than Allaah's sake and many more. Another instance is, seeing a building falling, and one rmbs d hadith of shahid, u just sit thr, hoping for jannaah, hmm, this is risky business wif Allaah. Also, for instance, if Mrs A dies from child birth, we shouldn't say Mrs A dies frm childbirth, so she's goin 2 jannah, laa, we can onli generalise it, I hope u get, like Rasulullaah says anyone who dies frm childbirth will go to jannaah, I hope u catch my drift?! Only Allaah knows best who he'll forgive or not.
In a nutshell, niya(intention) matters greatly, and one might not know when one falls into 'nifaq'/hypocrisy, wallaahu musta'an.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Signs Of A Good Death? by SweetyZinta(f): 3:48pm On Oct 28, 2016
Masha Allahu, May Allah S.W.T grant us a good end(death)
Re: What Are The Signs Of A Good Death? by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 4:34pm On Oct 28, 2016
A/slm.
What is someone says it in English and not in Arabic?

lexiconkabir:
jazakillaah op.....

Re: What Are The Signs Of A Good Death? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 28, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:
A/slm.
What is someone says it in English and not in Arabic?

Wa alaykum salaam, it is permissible to make dua in any language except in salaah if you cant say it in Arabic, which is not your case because i just gave the transliteration.

Allaah knows best.
Re: What Are The Signs Of A Good Death? by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 4:56pm On Oct 28, 2016
Let me use this opportunity to ask a favour from you. I will like you to open a thread where one can ask question, question based on our daily activities and actions as Muslims.

I look forward to the thread.

lexiconkabir:

Wa alaykum salaam, it is permissible to make dua in any language except in salaah if you cant say it in Arabic, which is not your case because i just gave the transliteration.

Allaah knows best.
Re: What Are The Signs Of A Good Death? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 28, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:
Let me use this opportunity to ask a favour from you. I will like you to open a thread where one can ask question, question based on our daily activities and actions as Muslims.

Alright.....insha Allaah or maybe sister Sissie should do that being a mod.

Salaam alaykum sister Sissie, what do you say about the request of the brother?
Re: What Are The Signs Of A Good Death? by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 5:43pm On Oct 28, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Alright.....insha Allaah or maybe sister Sissie should do that being a mod.

Salaam alaykum sister Sissie, what do you say about the request of the brother?

I will like you or any other brother or sister in the house to be answering the question being asked.

A/salamu alayiku
Re: What Are The Signs Of A Good Death? by ibdmaster: 9:33pm On Oct 28, 2016
Ma sha Allah, Jazhakallahu khaira wazhadakallahu ilma.
Re: What Are The Signs Of A Good Death? by opzyee(m): 10:37pm On Oct 28, 2016
Good write up. Allah will guide us all. Jazaks
Re: What Are The Signs Of A Good Death? by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 29, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:

I will like you or any other brother or sister in the house to be answering the question being asked.

A/salamu alayiku

You can post your questions here; https://www.nairaland.com/1794405/islam-muslims-side-talk-station
Re: What Are The Signs Of A Good Death? by Sissie(f): 8:03pm On Oct 29, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:

We already have threads that serves such purposes

(1) (Reply)

Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) / Is A Woman Entitled To Work In Islam? / The Actual Shia Position On The Sahaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.