Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

10 Signs Of Good Manners - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 10 Signs Of Good Manners (15384 Views)

Some Good Manners That We Can Learn From The Glorious Quran / Manners And Children: 5 Tips / 12 Quick Ways For Parents To Inspire Manners To Their Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Signs Of Good Manners by obafemee80(m): 9:05pm On May 03, 2017
There is nothing which is heavier upon the balance than the good character-Sahih Muslim

We see Muslims who pray their prayers, give in charity and fast Ramadan, but their character is not what they are meant to carry.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) highlighted one of the key purposes of him coming to the world:

I have been sent to perfect good character.- Al-Muwatta 1614

Yusuf Ibn Asbat (may Allah be pleased with him) listed 10 signs-[Al-Ihyaa, vol.3, p.77 ] to know if you have good manners. Aspire to be one who has these traits:

1. LITTLE ARGUING

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

I guarantee a house on the outskirts of Paradise for those who abandons arguments even if he is right- Sunan Abu Dawood 4800. Sahih

2. LISTENING WELL
[img]http:///a/img923/4774/NyzTTl.jpg[/img]

3. AVOIDING SEARCHING FOR SHORTCOMINGS

Beware of suspicion, for it is the worst of false tales and don’t look for the other’s faults…- Sahîh Al Bukhari, Vol. 8 Number 717
[img]http:///a/img924/9645/uHYy2M.jpg[/img]

4. COVERING MISTAKES

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him):

Allah will make things easy for him on the Day of Resurrection; he who covers up (the faults and sins) of a Muslim, Allah will cover up (his faults and sins) in this world and in the Hereafter…- Sahih Muslim

5. FINDING EXCUSE

Umar Ibn al-Khattab (may Allah be pleased with him):

Do not think badly of a word uttered by your brother, when you can find a good interpretation for it- Majmoo‘ Fataawa Ibn Baaz, 26/365

6. PATIENCE WHEN ANNOYED

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him):

Whoever tries to be patient, Allah will give him patience, and no one is given a better or vaster gift than patience- Al-Muwatta – Hadith 58.2.7

7. BLAMING ONE’S OWN SELF
[img]http:///a/img924/6140/nJrkP9.jpg[/img]

8. SEEING ONE’S OWN FAULTS RATHER THAN OTHER PEOPLE’S FAULTS
[img]http:///a/img922/9893/Wgpf6d.jpg[/img]

9. HAVING A BEAMING FACE WITH THE YOUNG AND THE OLD

Those who do not show mercy to our young ones and do not realize the right of our elders are not from us- Sunan Abu Dawood

10. SAYING KIND WORDS TO THOSE WHO ARE BELOW AND ABOVE ONE (WITH REGARDS TO RELIGIOUS KNOWLEDGE, RIGHTEOUSNESS, SOCIAL STATUS, AND SO FORTH)
[img]http:///a/img922/7656/b91dzP.jpg[/img]

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) used to supplicate for protection from bad manners and deeds:

اللهم إني أعوذ بك من منكرات الأخلاق، والأعمال، والأهواء‏

Allahumma inni a’udhu bika min munkaratil-akhlaqi, wal-a’mali, wal- ahwa’i

O Allah! I seek refuge in You from undesirable manners, deeds, and aspirations- At-Tirmidhi

http://muslimcouncil.org.hk/10-signs-good-manners/

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Signs Of Good Manners by crackerspub: 8:48am On May 05, 2017
grin grin

OP nice write up but i disagree with some things you said

But in a world where money rules, even the rudest person with cash will be honor before the person wih good manners

6 Likes

Re: 10 Signs Of Good Manners by bqlekan(m): 8:49am On May 05, 2017
Jazakumlah khairan..
Re: 10 Signs Of Good Manners by Prettyenit18(f): 8:53am On May 05, 2017
Beautiful message, thank you.
Number 3( suspicion) Is my problem, i am incapable of trusting people, I always read meaning into every little thing.

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs Of Good Manners by Shayba(m): 8:54am On May 05, 2017
[right][/right] Jazak-Allahu Khair
Re: 10 Signs Of Good Manners by dat85kelvin(m): 8:54am On May 05, 2017
Nice post
Re: 10 Signs Of Good Manners by amynah94(f): 8:55am On May 05, 2017
Maa sha Allah......That is the beauty of Islam! When you follow the doctrines of Islam and submits totally to the will of Almighty Allah, good manners come naturally.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs Of Good Manners by Chenfu1960: 9:01am On May 05, 2017
Jazakah LLahu Khaeran
Re: 10 Signs Of Good Manners by Chenfu1960: 9:04am On May 05, 2017
crackerspub:
grin grin

OP nice write up but i disagree with some things you said

But in a world where money rules, even the rudest person with cash will be honor before the person wih good manners

Do you want to honor by people or God?
When God is pleased with you,every being will honor you.

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs Of Good Manners by Smellymouth: 9:09am On May 05, 2017
Alhamdulillah..
Re: 10 Signs Of Good Manners by Deejay1000(m): 9:16am On May 05, 2017
jazakallahu kairan
Re: 10 Signs Of Good Manners by ussy09(m): 9:27am On May 05, 2017
jazakallahu khair
Re: 10 Signs Of Good Manners by surajoyadagammo(m): 9:42am On May 05, 2017
Alhamdulillah. Good reminder.
Re: 10 Signs Of Good Manners by Musharraf: 10:20am On May 05, 2017
JazakumuLLAHU khayran
Re: 10 Signs Of Good Manners by AlamienDagash(m): 10:23am On May 05, 2017
shukrann, e don make fp
Re: 10 Signs Of Good Manners by CagedSoul: 11:11am On May 05, 2017
This is the kinda thread u guys should be creating here on NL. Let's join hands together to show the world the beauties of Islam.
Re: 10 Signs Of Good Manners by mallamabdul25: 11:26am On May 05, 2017
HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE IMPLEMENTING THESE RULES OR IS IT JUST FOR THE POSTING ? ARE ALL THE LOOTERS WE HAVE THERE IN ABUJA NOT RELIGIOUS PEOPLE ?

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs Of Good Manners by crackerspub: 4:50pm On May 05, 2017
Chenfu1960:

Do you want to honor by people or God?
When God is pleased with you,every being will honor you.

nice bro, one 0rijin for you

smart reply i like that.

(1) (Reply)

Mosque Offer Tea To Protesting Anti-Islam Group / Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? / Ramadan: Sultan Directs Muslims To Look For New Moon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.