Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,399 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3686197 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by abobim: 2:28pm On Oct 30, 2017
they said 27th, was surprise that i even edit something today.. i thought it should be closed by now to enable us not to update, hands crossed anyway, hoping for the best
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Palaver: 3:04pm On Oct 30, 2017
My office just informed us today that some of the staff will be posted to our international operations in the USA, Spain, UK, South Africa or Kenya. My name appeared on the list although I'm yet to know the particular country I may be posted to until Nov. 6th when postings will be effected.

As a result of this new development, I just called the DPR to explain my situation. Once I leave the country, returning without the company's directive (i.e for any personal purpose) will mean I will have to bear the cost of flight ticket all by myself and even risk a cut in salary. The lady who spoke with me at DPR was very polite but said she cannot a particular timeline for the interview. The only thing she said was "if it is not this november, then it has to be January because it can definitely not be december". She understood my dilemma but couldnt say much and just advised me to pray we are invited next month. I should be happy right now but I'm indifferent.

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 3:07pm On Oct 30, 2017
Palaver:
My office just informed us today that some of the staff will be posted to our international operations in the USA, Spain, UK, South Africa or Kenya. My name appeared on the list although I'm yet to know the particular country I may be posted to until Nov. 6th when postings will be effected.

As a result of this new development, I just called the DPR to explain my situation. Once I leave the country, returning without the company's directive (i.e for any personal purpose) will mean I will have to bear the cost of flight ticket all by myself and even risk a cut in salary. The lady who spoke with me at DPR was very polite but said she cannot a particular timeline for the interview. The only thing she said was "if it is not this november, then it has to be January because it can definitely not be december". She understood my dilemma but couldnt say much and just advised me to pray we are invited next month. I should be happy right now but I'm indifferent.

Congrats!

Is your portal open or closed? grin

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Palaver: 3:12pm On Oct 30, 2017
makonko:

Congrats!
Is your portal open or closed? grin
Thanks brother.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 30, 2017
Palaver:
Thanks brother.

Is your portal open or closed?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by goodwalima1985(m): 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2017
Palaver:

Great .
Am Abdul , please if you wouldn't mind I will like to have a brief chat with you via my whatsup number .
I will be glad if you honor my request.
Thanks a million .

Thank you.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Palaver: 3:39pm On Oct 30, 2017
goodwalima1985:

Great .
Am Abdul , please if you wouldn't mind I will like to have a brief chat with you via my whatsup number . 080.
I will be glad if you honor my request.
Thanks a million .
Please Abdul, take off your number from your post. Instead send me a PM. You're exposing yourself to fraudsters. They are everywhere including Nairaland. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Palaver: 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2017
Johnzzy:

Is your portal open or closed?
If you were observant enough, you may have noticed I intentionally evaded this same question asked by another person earlier. I have never been a proponent of the state of your portal being a determinant to your fate as regards interview invites. Disclosing the state of my portal will give room for speculators to share their opinion and I'm not interested. As regards the state of my portal, I have the info I need, what I need now is for DPR to send invites next month unfailingly. Cheers!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by motivationspika(m): 3:46pm On Oct 30, 2017
At this stage of great expectation, your heart will surely bleed profusely and even beat faster than necessary whenever somebody sends a post indicating that the current PROFILE STATUS you are having will not take you to the next stage, the interview stage. When you are looking for a job, getting an interview invitation becomes an exciting invitation because nothing annoys people so much as not receiving invitations. Some here will surely get to the next stage just as some will never. It is not a negative statement. We should all make up our minds in case the unexpected takes place. If you didn't get to the next stage, you are not some loser and it doesn't mean the end to constant struggle. You are the perfect person for the next stage not because your performance in the test was over impressive nor was your credentials over superb but because somehow, somehow certain criteria used for the next stage kind of favoured you. It could be Merit. It could luck. It could be favour. Connects, especially for a few, is a must to land this job. DPR is a good place in which to work but is arguably not the best place to work in Nigeria even though we know that with this job you will make good six figures together with a good retirement plan. A good paycheck is a must. Everybody is positive to get to the next stage but the outcome will surely be different when interview messages begin to flow. Everybody has has the right to cry foul for not getting to the next stage but the truth is, in every job, the most capable is not always the most qualified.

8 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by geemonee88: 4:34pm On Oct 30, 2017
Palaver:
If you were observant enough, you may have noticed I intentionally evaded this same question asked by another person earlier. I have never been a proponent of the state of your portal being a determinant to your fate as regards interview invites. Disclosing the state of my portal will give room for speculators to share their opinion and I'm not interested. As regards the state of my portal, I have the info I need, what I need now is for DPR to send invites next month unfailingly. Cheers!

I can add you to my list of adults

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 4:38pm On Oct 30, 2017
Palaver:

I thought in your earlier post you promised never to post again until interview invitations are sent to successful candidates?

Congratulations on being shortlisted by your organization for training oversea. This shows that you are good at what you are doing presently.

However, those guys at DPR are too reserved. They don't always tell you the exact truth or fact.

If you are not certain of making it to the next stage, then I would advise that a bird in hand worths 1000 in the bush.

Most importantly, pray for God's guidance.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 30, 2017
Palaver:

All right. Thanks.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Palaver: 5:18pm On Oct 30, 2017
Onyiridike:

I thought in your earlier post you promised never to post again until interview invitations are sent to successful candidates?

Congratulations on being shortlisted by your organization for training oversea. This shows that you are good at what you are doing presently.

However, those guys at DPR are too reserved. They don't always tell you the exact truth or fact.

If you are not certain of making it to the next stage, then I would advise that a bird in hand worths 1000 in the bush.

Most importantly, pray for God's guidance.
Thank you ma'am. Lol, yes I did promise but this new development got me a bit anxious and I had to comment again. It's not a training, it's a semi-permanent posting, which means I could stay up to 4 years or more outside the shores of the country. Of course, I dont intend to resign until I get an appointment letter and probably commence documentation with DPR. grin However, I'm concerned about missing the interview due to my unavailability. I would rather I attend the interview and try my best than miss it outrightly. My present employer is great but remains a private coy that can disengage at will. Like you said, I can only join others in prayer hoping the interview will hold next month. Thanks again.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by goodwalima1985(m): 5:24pm On Oct 30, 2017
Palaver:
Thank you ma'am. Lol, yes I did promise but this new development got me a bit anxious and I had to comment again. It's not a training, it's a semi-permanent posting, which means I could stay up to 4 years or more outside the shores of the country. Of course, I dont intend to resign until I get an appointment letter and probably commence documentation with DPR. grin However, I'm concerned about missing the interview due to my unavailability. I would rather I attend the interview and try my best than miss it outrightly. My present employer is great but remains a private coy that can disengage at will. Like you said, I can only join others in prayer hoping the interview will hold next month. Thanks again.

Please guide me on how to PM you. prior to this exercise, I don't use nairlnd.

Thanks .
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Palaver: 5:35pm On Oct 30, 2017
goodwalima1985:

Please guide me on how to PM you. prior to this exercise, I don't use nairlnd.
Thanks .
I've sent you a mail. Thanks
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by tee10: 6:33pm On Oct 30, 2017
Palaver:
I've sent you a mail. Thanks

I sent you a PM , an not sure you got it , kindly reply if you may please

Thank you
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Palaver: 6:45pm On Oct 30, 2017
tee10:

I sent you a PM , an not sure you got it , kindly reply if you may please

Thank you
I did reply you. Kindly check ur mail. Maybe cos my email address appears abnormal, that's why you thought I haven't replied. grin
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by jmonas: 10:16pm On Oct 30, 2017
who have heard of this. someone told me his bro who wrote the test got this around September
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by obinnapeter63: 10:19pm On Oct 30, 2017
jmonas:
who have heard of this. someone told me his bro who wrote the test got this around September
can u drive back
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by jmonas: 10:21pm On Oct 30, 2017
someone got this September.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by engrnic: 10:23pm On Oct 30, 2017
Got what, please.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by jmonas: 10:23pm On Oct 30, 2017
how do i post image on nairaland
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by madri4u: 10:45pm On Oct 30, 2017
U people shuld stop all this lies about Dpr portal profile as regard to who get mail/sms. An uncle of mine who works in dpr said nothing like email and sms s sent to candidate to update profile. He said the portal has nw finally be closed. Interview notification and invite will be thrus sms and email for print out. He said our information has already be gotten during the online application. I rest my case.

9 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by god2good: 11:00pm On Oct 30, 2017
madri4u:
U people shuld stop all this lies about Dpr portal profile as regard to who get mail/sms. An uncle of mine who works in dpr said nothing like email and sms s sent to candidate to update profile. He said the portal has nw finally be closed. Interview notification and invite will be thrus sms and email for print out. He said our information has already be gotten during the online application. I rest my case.

I Like your uncle sha bt me, i got mail for real. and my portal is still accessible.

Lord! God ALmighty! You know me, i don't ve anybody for dpr. Bt I know You. Do for me more than person way know persons.

8 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 30, 2017
I think you should just throw the whole uncle away...like what is the point of being in the system when he didn't even know emails/sms was sent.. lmao!
Pls go to bed grin
madri4u:
cry

9 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by EazyMoh(m): 11:26pm On Oct 30, 2017
Tamihawtt87:
I think you should just throw the whole uncle away...like what is the point of being in the system when he didn't even know emails/sms was sent.. lmao!
Pls go to bed grin cry
I was anticipating dayjahvoo to reply him accordingly.
Uncle in DPR or Aunty in NTA ni!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Zahrudin: 11:34pm On Oct 30, 2017
grin
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by dayjahvoo: 12:48am On Oct 31, 2017
madri4u:

Your uncle must have fallen down a lot of stairs at DPR's office because he's exhibiting signs of severe cranial pressing.

Commonly referred to as "his head is paining him"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Bekeel: 1:10am On Oct 31, 2017
Palaver:

Want to talk to u in private. How do I reach u (DM)?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Akexstinger(m): 2:10am On Oct 31, 2017
DPR is too slow. NLNG that started her own recruitment this June just notified people who didn't pass the aptitude test yesterday evening.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by god2good: 5:47am On Oct 31, 2017
jmonas:
how do i post image on nairaland
At the bottom of submit when coment, go down small. u wil see "no file=choose". click on it and it wil take0 u to ur storage file

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 6:16am On Oct 31, 2017
Akexstinger:
DPR is too slow. NLNG that started her own recruitment this June just notified people who didn't pass the aptitude test yesterday evening.

Yes! However, everything will be for our good.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.