Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3688061 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by pyerii: 11:19pm On Dec 19, 2017
preyekenneth:
Has anybody been able to open his profile on the DPR site? I tried earlier after the interview as I was interviewed on the 8th and it didn't open. Please highlight any experience

I just opened mine.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Talento(m): 1:28am On Dec 20, 2017
Onyiridike:

Would they grant you interview if it is obvious that you falsified your age? Please explain further because I don't understand.

During the interview I noticed that the attendance given to us after screening. had a column "check" or so.the guy in charge of the screening commented on two guys out of the 9 guys before me with certain statements. One was about age difference of WAEC and age declaration. The other was issue on originality of WAEC cert. The rest were simple "YES"

I feel those guys will type any observation into your profile on their system and that can even make the interviewers determine wheather to "waste" time with you or not although you might not even notice
the indifference.

Personal opinion though.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Talento(m): 1:31am On Dec 20, 2017
Talento:

During the interview I noticed that the attendance given to us after screening. had a column "check" or so.the guy in charge of the screening commented on two guys out of the 9 guys before me with certain statements. One was about age difference of WAEC and age declaration. The other was issue on originality of WAEC cert. The rest were simple "YES"

I feel those guys will type any observation into your profile on their system and that can even make the interviewers determine wheather to "waste" time with you or not although you might not even notice
the indifference.

Personality opinion though.

Those that had age difference in their WAEC and age declaration especially the GT can help tell us of their experiences when facing the interview panel.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 6:31am On Dec 20, 2017
Talento:

the indifference.

In my own verification list, under the column 'checked', the personnel wrote YES for some candidates and wrote OK for some.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ajisebioyolaari: 6:38am On Dec 20, 2017
babagy82:
some people reduce their age to the extent that they started their primary school at the age of 3. lol
I'm not trying to refute your claim about age falsification. However, between ages three to four is the recommended age to start primary 1 according to several UBEC reports/recommendations. It is even on wikipedia. Education is evolving and we now have university graduates at age 17-18. My niece gained admission into uniport at age 14, and completed her MSc last year at age 21+. Even though federal universities have now pegged their entry age to 16, state and private universities still accept lower age groups. The fact say you start primary school at 7 no mean say another person no fit start earlier.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Licht: 7:18am On Dec 20, 2017
Onyiridike:

Would they grant you interview if it is obvious that you falsified your age? Please explain further because I don't understand.

They will definitely grant the interview but comment/observation must have been made about that.

One thing about these kind of assessments is that it's secretive, as in you are not privy to the real thoughts in the mind of the interviewers. An interviewer could be nodding & smiling at you even when you give a wrong answer, while s/he is awarding score for wrong answer. Just like the guy that was given a bottle of water even when the main function of the DPR he gave was 'most likely' wrong!

Besides, how would they make a balanced assessment when some candidates got 4 questions & some got as much as 10 questions plus more interactive session. My conclusion is that what I need & seek most is the mercy & favour of God because this kind of race & battle is obviously not for the swift nor for the strong. May God showeth me mercy & favouur, & cause time & chance to happen to me to get the offer letter.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 7:44am On Dec 20, 2017
Licht:

They will definitely grant the interview but comment/observation must have been made about that.

One thing about these kind of assessments is that it's secretive, as in you are not privy to the real thoughts in the mind of the interviewers. An interviewer could be nodding & smiling at you even when you give a wrong answer, while s/he is awarding score for wrong answer. Just like the guy that was given a bottle of water even when the main function of the DPR he gave was 'most likely' wrong!

Besides, how would they make a balanced assessment when some candidates got 4 questions & some got as much as 10 questions plus more interactive session. My conclusion is that what I need & seek most is the mercy & favour of God because this kind of race & battle is obviously not for the swift nor for the strong. May God showeth me mercy & favouur, & cause time & chance to happen to me to get the offer letter.

Amen and me too.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 8:10am On Dec 20, 2017
Talento:

the indifference.

I believe you. In my case, the man held back my birth certificate and asked me my date of birth and I answered and he recorded.

I was like, why are you asking me since you have it with you.

He recorded everything in my presence and asked me why a third name in my B. Sc why other documents have just two names and I told him that I've sworn an affidavit for addition of name. He smiled and said that he saw it.

Then why did he ask again since he saw it?

Immediately, I got into the interview room, the 2nd man started again, this 9 on your birth certificate looks like 5 and I started laughing. I tried to explain and he said "I don't want to argue with you". I kept quiet and the 1st man looked at it and told him that it is actually 9.

I have to provide my baptism card since I am a catholic and the 1st man confirmed to him that it is actually 9.

He still asked me to give him any of my other documents and I gave him my National ID which did not even bear my date of birth and he just glanced through.

And the interview continued.

I don't blame them because the woman who wrote it has a very funny handwriting.

In fact, the 2nd man still went ahead to check my primary certificate and asked me when did you begin primary school? When did you complete primary school? And you were born which year?

You obtained primary certificate in 1998, when was your state created? And I answered 1991 and he smiled and asked his colleague, I thought it is 1999 and his colleague told him no, it is 1991.

After this, he became relaxed and did not ask any further questions.

They actually take the issue of age serious.

In fact, it got me wondering if they would have gone ahead to interview me if I did not clarify issues with them.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 8:13am On Dec 20, 2017
babagy82:
some people reduce their age to the extent that they started their primary school at the age of 3. lol

lol, but even the army accepts starting at age 3 but I think 4-6 is most appropriate. I have seen 4 years.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 8:21am On Dec 20, 2017
Ajisebioyolaari:
I'm not trying to refute your claim about age falsification. However, between ages three to four is the recommended age to start primary 1 according to several UBEC reports/recommendations. It is even on wikipedia. Education is evolving and we now have university graduates at age 17-18. My niece gained admission into uniport at age 14, and completed her MSc last year at age 21+. Even though federal universities have now pegged their entry age to 16, state and private universities still accept lower age groups. The fact say you start primary school at 7 no mean say another person no fit start earlier.

My point exactly, my nephew is too smart at age 2 and have started prenursery. He will most likely start primary education at age 3 or 4.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 20, 2017
Onyiridike:

Please, don't be annoyed. At Kano, I showed evidence of work experience and the man who is in charge of accredidation asked me if I am GT or EH and I answered GT. He asked me to remove it that it is not needed.

At mine they collected and didn’t say anything even with GT on my application at screening. Was just drilled about the experience claim in the interview room. Guess they had a hard time believing I had achieved such in the time frame.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 9:32am On Dec 20, 2017
greenpanther:

At mine they collected and didn’t say anything even with GT on my application at screening. Was just drilled about the experience claim in the interview room. Guess they had a hard time believing I had achieved such in the time frame.

It is Ok!
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by acmilan1: 9:35am On Dec 20, 2017
In my case, they only checked my documents during accreditation. In the interview room no documents were checked just normal questions which I answered and the very important question; do you know anyone in dpr or govt which I said no. I applied for GT tho.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ferguson0709: 12:54pm On Dec 20, 2017
Onyiridike:

I believe you. In my case, the man held back my birth certificate and asked me my date of birth and I answered and he recorded.

I was like, why are you asking me since you have it with you.

He recorded everything in my presence and asked me why a third name in my B. Sc why other documents have just two names and I told him that I've sworn an affidavit for addition of name. He smiled and said that he saw it.

Then why did he ask again since he saw it?

Immediately, I got into the interview room, the 2nd man started again, this 9 on your birth certificate looks like 5 and I started laughing. I tried to explain and he said "I don't want to argue with you". I kept quiet and the 1st man looked at it and told him that it is actually 9.

I have to provide my baptism card since I am a catholic and the 1st man confirmed to him that it is actually 9.

He still asked me to give him any of my other documents and I gave him my National ID which did not even bear my date of birth and he just glanced through.

And the interview continued.

I don't blame them because the woman who wrote it has a very funny handwriting.

In fact, the 2nd man still went ahead to check my primary certificate and asked me when did you begin primary school? When did you complete primary school? And you were born which year?

You obtained primary certificate in 1998, when was your state created? And I answered 1991 and he smiled and asked his colleague, I thought it is 1999 and his colleague told him no, it is 1991.

After this, he became relaxed and did not ask any further questions.

They actually take the issue of age serious.

In fact, it got me wondering if they would have gone ahead to interview me if I did not clarify issues with them.

Pls are you GT or EH?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 1:23pm On Dec 20, 2017
Ferguson0709:

Pls are you GT or EH?
GT

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by munzali3921: 1:35pm On Dec 20, 2017
pyerii:

I just opened mine.
And u see.....
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Topranking117(f): 3:08pm On Dec 20, 2017
HRtechnique:

What do you think?.
What were they looking for at the interview?.
Been curious too.
I did my interview in Abuja, when I came in I noticed a score sheet on the table by one of the 2 interviewer and the guy before me scored 37%there were scores as high as 70-80%.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by realone2012: 3:15pm On Dec 20, 2017
I think one important factor we are not really paying attention to is Federal Character. Whoever knows a thing or two about how that will be applied should give us some hints.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Tetragramaton(m): 3:46pm On Dec 20, 2017
realone2012:
I think one important factor we are not really paying attention to is Federal Character. Whoever knows a thing or two about how that will be applied should give us some hints.

Really don't no how it works but I am really concerned as federal character diminishes the chances of people who are really qualified. My cousin was not given medicine In Ife because of federal character or quota system as the case may be despite scoring 278 and cut of mark for delta was 280 or so back then. Meanwhile she said someone from another state who got 260 was given medicine. Some people already argued this thing earlier on this thread as i did not really want to comment. Just wanted to be a silent observer. I worry that it might also be the case for DPR and other government parastatals. So it's not about doing well alone, its about your scores meeting your state cut off and at least being among the best 5 in your state since they are not recruiting upto 1000. Most especially time and Gods plan on your life. Silently praying o. I'm really worried. Alternative views are welcome as I think this federal character thing is the ultimate killer and nobody is talking about it.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by munzali3921: 3:47pm On Dec 20, 2017
realone2012:
ofcourse there is d issue of FCC which means each n every state has to be fairly represented but mark u, I repeat my self MARK U, it's depence with availability of d state quota vacant spaces. If ur state has a lot of staff in DPR, den u have limited or less opportunity and vice versa. In God we trust.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 20, 2017
K
realone2012:

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by SplendidGod: 4:04pm On Dec 20, 2017
For me, I was specifically told that federal character must be maintained after I had answered 'no' to the already cliched question "is any of your relative working with dpr"?
This was in Lagos. After which the lady who was seriously observing me since I stepped into the room asked if I had a masters degree. I replied yes. She then wanted to know the sch.

PS: I caught her observing my shoes. For real!

Please conspiracy theorists are invited.

I applied for GT environmentalist.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ferguson0709: 5:17pm On Dec 20, 2017
Onyiridike:

GT

They are really checking your age and birth cert cos you are GT. They asked my age and I said 31. The interviewer was furious until the other told him I was EH. So he said no problem.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ferguson0709: 5:20pm On Dec 20, 2017
babagy82:
i always laff when i see people neglect FCC thinking DPR is the real deal, i tell you at this stage FCC has more say in this recruitment than DPR. DPR has done its part now its FCC that will handle the selection and send the list to of the selected candidates to DPR.

FCC won’t handle and send the selected list. They will only ask for list of selected candidates to ascertain if the state quota system is adhered to. I work in a Federal Commission and I know 100% how the FCC issue works

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Tetragramaton(m): 5:52pm On Dec 20, 2017
Ferguson0709:

FCC won’t handle and send the selected list. They will only ask for list of selected candidates to ascertain if the state quota system is adhered to. I work in a Federal Commission and I know 100% how the FCC issue works

So why are some states having more candidates than others?. Why are some states cut off mark higher than others? Someone said the northern candidates are more, does it mean their scores are also the same level as people from the south? Please give detailed answers since you work there.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by simplynace(m): 5:53pm On Dec 20, 2017
Ferguson0709:

They are really checking your age and birth cert cos you are GT. They asked my age and I said 31. The interviewer was furious until the other told him I was EH. So he said no problem.

Why should they be furious? You weren't 31 as at the time of application...

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Tetragramaton(m): 6:01pm On Dec 20, 2017
munzali3921:
ofcourse there is d issue of FCC which means each n every state has to be fairly represented but mark u, I repeat my self MARK U, it's depence with availability of d state quota vacant spaces. If ur state has a lot of staff in DPR, den u have limited or less opportunity and vice versa. In God we trust.

Hmmm. This is another one. Having a lot of staff in DPR shocked. What does that mean
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by jidex4life: 6:02pm On Dec 20, 2017
Topranking117:

I did my interview in Abuja, when I came in I noticed a score sheet on the table by one of the 2 interviewer and the guy before me scored 37%there were scores as high as 70-80%.
which score is that is it interview score or CBT performance score which one

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ferguson0709: 6:16pm On Dec 20, 2017
simplynace:

Why should they be furious? You weren't 31 as at the time of application...

Abi.if I were GT, I would have explained that to them, but I’m EH. And the max age for that is 40
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ferguson0709: 6:21pm On Dec 20, 2017
Tetragramaton:

So why are some states having more candidates than others?. Why are some states cut off mark higher than others? Someone said the northern candidates are more, does it mean their scores are also the same level as people from the south? Please give detailed answers since you work there.

Firstly, I didn’t say I work in FCC. I only said I work in a Federal Commission where we liaise always with Federal Characters before we employ.
Now what I’m saying is this, DPR will be the one that will choose the successful candidate and will send the list to the FCC for them to check if DPR followed the standard state quota system. I hope you understand. But sincerely I don’t know how they share the state quota and why some states are more than others

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Achilles17: 6:31pm On Dec 20, 2017
Ferguson0709:

but even GT tht was 30 then would b 31 by now

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ajisebioyolaari: 10:15pm On Dec 20, 2017
I really envy you guys that were asked relatively simple questions at the interview. Did mine at Lagos & it was a tug of war. I was asked questions in geology, engineering, toxicology and envt science. One of the interviewers (a PhD holder whom I've met before at a conference) made me to understand that an environmentalist should have basic knowledge of geology and engineering to succeed at DPR. We argued back and forth on EIA, EER, baseline study, BOD in relation to toxicity, if water is harmful or not and why, if water is a chemical or not and why, bioremediation, oil spill management etc. Even the current affairs questions were unusual. I was asked which state appointed comissioner for happiness, d appointee's gender and full name. Name of PDP chairman and by how votes did he win. Who were the other contestants? The title and full name of the paramount ruler in my state. I was asked to name 2 other first class rulers in my state and if the head of the traditional council seat was rotationary or not. I was later asked about my postgraduate research, my project supervisor (who is well known to the interviewer) and why I want 2 work as an environmentalist with DPR. I was also asked if I have a relative at DPR. I spent over 35 minutes and exhausted my saliva. Lol. Then what professional qualifications I had. Was told having a MSc/MA/MEng etc is 6 marks. Was told that Results and profiles were uploaded into the cloud immediately after each interview session.

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72