Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,498 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (587) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3681247 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Abdulmusty87: 5:48pm On Jun 14, 2018
neverdown999:
Let me clear your doubts.

After the aptitude test, truthfully, some other people were invited for the interview. But it was to fulfil all righteousness. if they score low, they won't get in, except they are on stakeholder's list or on the list reserved for few top shots. Many top candidates are currently disappointed. That stakeholders u are talking about are d major prblm of our country...they won't allowed dis country to move forward...thanks

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ferguson0709: 5:55pm On Jun 14, 2018
neverdown999:
1. Kindly ignore the APL screenshot, it's fake.
2. DPR is not into any backyard recruitment- List of special candidates slots will not affect the merit slots, DPR did the needful.
3. The list is at FCC and unfortunately, I do not have updates on its status(Kindly get updates from folks with FCC link)
4. Pls, exercise patience- everything is still running smoothly and this recruitment is coming to an end in no time
5. It shouldn't take an excessive time to issue COC
6. Pls, don't lose hope!

7. Current DPR staff are aware GTs and EHs are resuming soon, they are waiting
8. At the same time, remember it's just 300+ names on the merit list- not all will make it
9. Formula Used: An aggregate of your exam score and interview score divided by 2.. Let me explain (Exam score is 100%, Interview grading is also 100%- if you score 80 + 50, that gives you 65% which is quite poor else you are from the less privileged states)
10. Engineers were preferenced, pharmacy got the lowest number of candidates, HR is fair etc.
11. A good number of EH were considered
12. If your average score is 80% upwards, you stand a good chance.
13. Federal Character is key, I doubt if there's any local government with 2 candidates
14. The lowest number of candidates from a state is about 5
15. Some states got between 11-16 candidates
16. I have received numerous emails, unfortunately, I won't reply or open any for reasons best known to me.

17. This month is still GREEN

Kindly Note: Those folks that interviewed candidates were playing mind games, they were looking for the slightest reason to mark you down, and like I mentioned earlier, their friendly appearances and warm smiles don't mean they scored you well. Answering all questions correctly means little too. The following things counted;
a. Your presentation skills
b. Problem-solving skill
c. and your facial appeal.

Most HRs act based on emotions and what they see.

Cheers

Thank you Neverdown
Like I said, merit is 80%... a lot of Engineers, least state is 5... The FCC has no issue with the list and they gave their words about issuing the COC on so so date, hence my mentioning of the 10th of June but they didn’t issue COC before that date and promised a new date wich is best kept anon.
All is very close and set.
Thanks once again NEVERDOWN

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by neverdown999: 5:59pm On Jun 14, 2018
Do this maths.

Total Number: 400
Merit: 300+
Unmerited: ----

Of course, this is Nigeria. If truly this recruitment has been highjacked, names on the merit list would be less than 5. In conclusion, this recruitment is fair, very fair.

[quote author=Abdulmusty87 post=68483574][/quote]
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by neverdown999: 6:00pm On Jun 14, 2018
You're welcome, thanks for your positive contributions as well.

Ferguson0709:

Thank you Neverdown
Like I said, merit is 80%... a lot of Engineers, least state is 5... The FCC has no issue with the list and they gave their words about issuing the COC on so so date, hence my mentioning of the 10th of June but they didn’t issue COC before that date and promised a new date wich is best kept anon.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by neverdown999: 6:01pm On Jun 14, 2018
You're very much wlc

suchsland:

Thanks for the update. The bolded text confirms what I heard during the interview days. As a matter of fact my female pharmacist friend has confirmed it’s just one slot, and unfortunately she didn’t make it. She was even connected enough get the zone of the person who made it, and he/she was taken on pure merit, according to her, he performed well. Which is one of the reasons I believe this recruitment is one of the most transparent I have ever seen cos this babe is highly connected, I am sure if I mention her family name, everyone here will know. Believe it, point number 8 is very very possible. Don’t know how DPR was able to pull this off, but they did it, and I respect them for that.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 6:06pm On Jun 14, 2018
suchsland:

My brother, it’s all to please certain people. What makes you think does that were invited for the interview without aptitude test will be given the job. My female friend was assured by people in high places in Nigeria that she will get the job, if I tell you these people that assured her, you will be shocked. I could have sworn with my life that the only slot is definitely hers, but it turned out otherwise, in fact, I am still surprised. There are some people you can’t say NO to their faces, but you can still do the right thing behind them. It happen regularly.

I have said this time without number, connection can fail. Even an incumbent president lost an election.
Unless someone does not believe that there is a power above that controls the affairs of man then he can continue to put his faith in men.

We were told that in the last recruitment, the daughter of the then DPR director did not make the final list.

The way people believe in godfather in Nigeria, they think they can be made NNPC director even if they cannot write their names.

Of course connection works but not all the time and in every situation. I once worked in a HR department and each time a candidate is recommended by an oga the manager immediately reminds them that the job here is not what anybody can do. Moreover we have a policy that nobody can change. Bring your candidate for screening or better still use your power and get him a job in other places.

No amount of connection can make chemistry graduate to work as doctor in a hospital.

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Abdulmusty87: 6:13pm On Jun 14, 2018
Ferguson0709:

Thank you Neverdown
am not agueing but tym wil tell...we are nigeria
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Abdulmusty87: 6:14pm On Jun 14, 2018
neverdown999:
Do this maths.

Total Number: 400
Merit: 300+
Unmerited: ----

Of course, this is Nigeria. If truly this recruitment has been highjacked, names on the merit list would be less than 5. In conclusion, this recruitment is fair, very fair.

thank u neverdown ...let us wait nd c wat wil happen

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by HRtechnique: 6:27pm On Jun 14, 2018
Abdulmusty87:
75% merit is not possible wait nd c d out come.

Some people were invited for d interview while they didn't attend d aptitude test why?? Is that d merit u are talking about U nid to think again because corruption is every were in Nigeria Even inside presidency.. Time wil tel..thanks

I respect your opinion but you seem too negative.
Don't be on that side of life.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by HRtechnique: 6:32pm On Jun 14, 2018
Onyiridike:

No amount of connection can make chemistry graduate to work as doctor in a hospital.

Splendid!!!
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by god2good: 6:54pm On Jun 14, 2018
Abdulmusty87:
75% merit is not possible wait nd c d out come.

Some people were invited for d interview while they didn't /attend d aptitude test why?? Is that d merit u are talking about U nid to think again because corruption is every were in Nigeria Even inside presidency.. Time wil tel..thanks
I can testify to that, but I don't know why
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by TDultimate(m): 7:42pm On Jun 14, 2018
During d reign of smartgrid, Mr Tata and d village head, there r a lot here who boasted they know lots of people in fcc.. I'm wondering how they have suddenly gone quiet especially now that we need information from fcc..
Babagy, etc
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Abdulmusty87: 7:50pm On Jun 14, 2018
HRtechnique:

I respect your opinion but you seem too negative.
Don't be on that side of life.
is not that am too negative my oga, we all know what is happening in d country but still merit wil work in this recruitment but very slim..some people are saying 80% merit nd some are saying 75% merit which is not possible.....may God help us all amin.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by lawrence83: 8:12pm On Jun 14, 2018
Abdulmusty87:
is not that am too negative my oga, we all know what is happening in d country but still merit wil work in this recruitment but very slim..some people are saying 80% merit nd some are saying 75% merit which is not possible.....may God help us all amin.

Hello sir;

Sorry to delve into your discourse. Please, do you have this as a proof or you're just being sceptical due to the normal modus operandi of previous recruitments.

Or just trying to raise dust?

Please try to be affirmative in your response, that's if you'd be kind enough to oblige me.

Thanks sir.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by may240717: 8:14pm On Jun 14, 2018
TDultimate:
During d reign of smartgrid, Mr Tata and d village head, there r a lot here who boasted they know lots of people in fcc.. I'm wondering how they have suddenly gone quiet especially now that we need information from fcc..
Babagy, etc

but they have mentioned it was still at FCC NAH. Xxkape has stated that it got there last week wednesday or so. he now further updated us that the FCC CHAIRMAN (MINISTER) has received it and will send it to the committee in charge of petroleum. He however didnt give a timeframe we should expect anything, which i think is the safest thing to do.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by myluck: 8:18pm On Jun 14, 2018
[quote author=neverdown999 post=68481264]1. Kindly ignore the APL screenshot, it's fake.
2. DPR is not into any backyard recruitment- List of special candidates slots will not affect the merit slots, DPR did the needful.
3. The list is at FCC and unfortunately, I do not have updates on its status(Kindly get updates from folks with FCC link)
4. Pls, exercise patience- everything is still running smoothly and this recruitment is coming to an end in no time
5. It shouldn't take an excessive time to issue COC
6. Pls, don't lose hope!

7. Current DPR staff are aware GTs and EHs are resuming soon, they are waiting
8. At the same time, remember it's just 300+ names on the merit list- not all will make it
9. Formula Used: An aggregate of your exam score and interview score divided by 2.. Let me explain (Exam score is 100%, Interview grading is also 100%- if you score 80 + 50, that gives you 65% which is quite poor else you are from the less privileged states)
10. Engineers were preferenced, pharmacy got the lowest number of candidates, HR is fair etc.
11. A good number of EH were considered
12. If your average score is 80% upwards, you stand a good chance.
13. Federal Character is key, I doubt if there's any local government with 2 candidates
14. The lowest number of candidates from a state is about 5
15. Some states got between 11-16 candidates
16. I have received numerous emails, unfortunately, I won't reply or open any for reasons best known to me.

17. This month is still GREEN

Kindly Note: Those folks that interviewed candidates were playing mind games, they were looking for the slightest reason to mark you down, and like I mentioned earlier, their friendly appearances and warm smiles don't mean they scored you well. Answering all questions correctly means little too. The following things counted;
b. Problem-solving skill

Cheers

Neverdown, pls is 80 percent cut off mark not too much? I know the recruitment is competitive but does it mean that someone that has 75percent does not stand a chance?

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ghostgambler: 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2018
Quick question o, for those who were APC and became APO before the interview, does it mean they scored low in the apt test ?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Babagy823: 8:28pm On Jun 14, 2018
TDultimate:
Babagy, etc
i never wanted to comment on this FCC thingy, but what some guys said about the list being with fcc is true, but the other guy that said COC was not issued because FCC chairman travelled for burial is part of what is delaying the issue but not not really what is delaying the COC. there are some names missing in the list and FCC are questioning DPR "why you go do this to us"? if you know what i mean you know. but nevertheless, COC will be issued after sallah break, if DPR comply to the demands of FCC. this is what i learnt, you may decide to agree or disagree. all things being equal, May God help us

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Harddiskng(m): 8:35pm On Jun 14, 2018
neverdown999:

b. Problem-solving skill

I must confess the aptitude test felt like a stroll in the park for me; Baba God was over-involved but everyday since then I keep replaying the “video” of my interview in my head (If you watch the TV series “Black Mirror”; you would know what I am talking about lol).

I had two interviewers, one was on the dominant side asking the questions while the other was a little bit passive. As you guessed I knew the drill, make eye-contact with the Alpha in the room but don’t also ignore the other. I was asked exactly three questions, which I answered to the best of my ability.

At the end of the interview, the Passive interviewer seemed unexpectedly elated about a rather random little detail the person saw on my profile but for the love of me I couldn’t get a read off the dominant interviewer. “Thank you, That is all” the person said. With no facial expression to give me any hint of my perceived performance cry

Which begs my question, regarding our interview score; do the interviewers agree then one of them inputs it or they both input different scores on their laptops (which is then summed up).

Guy please what do you think.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by balisco: 8:40pm On Jun 14, 2018
Abdulmusty87:
thank u neverdown ...let us wait nd c wat wil happen

Wat we wl C is miraculous best of luck, knowing dat not all will make it to d final list by God grace
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Achilles17: 9:02pm On Jun 14, 2018
Harddiskng:

I must confess the aptitude test felt like a stroll in the park for me; Baba God was over-involved but everyday since then I keep replaying the “video” of my interview in my head (If you watch the TV series “Black Mirror”; you would know what I am talking about lol).

I had two interviewers, one was on the dominant side asking the questions while the other was a little bit passive. As you guessed I knew the drill, make eye-contact with the Alpha in the room but don’t also ignore the other. I was asked exactly three questions, which I answered to the best of my ability.

At the end of the interview, the Passive interviewer seemed unexpectedly elated about a rather random little detail the person saw on my profile but for the love of me I couldn’t get a read off the dominant interviewer. “Thank you, That is all” the person said. With no facial expression to give me any hint of my perceived performance cry

Which begs my question, regarding our interview score; do the interviewers agree then one of them inputs it or they both input different scores on their laptops (which is then summed up).

Guy please what do you think.

My exact experience.d passive one seemed to want me.like he was even answering my questions for me while d dominant one was very professional n unreadable.even said...pls call tbe next petson in.meaning no deliberation will b done abt me.dunno if tht is gud or bad.pls hr peeps hlp decode.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by TDultimate(m): 9:03pm On Jun 14, 2018
Babagy823:
i never wanted to comment on this FCC thingy, but what some guys said about the list being with fcc is true, but the other guy that said COC was not issued because FCC chairman travelled for burial is part of what is delaying the issue but not not really what is delaying the COC. there are some names missing in the list and FCC are questioning DPR "why you go do this to us"? if you know what i mean you know. but nevertheless, COC will be issued after sallah break, if DPR comply to the demands of FCC. this is what i learnt, you may decide to agree or disagree. all things being equal, May God help us
I guess at this stage u should be able to check if it name is on d list abi..
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 9:24pm On Jun 14, 2018
TDultimate:

Positive
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 9:26pm On Jun 14, 2018
Ghostgambler:
Quick question o, for those who were APC and became APO before the interview, does it mean they scored low in the apt test ?

Good question. Someone should answer please cheesy
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Babagy823: 9:32pm On Jun 14, 2018
TDultimate:

nobody have access to the list at this stage except the sheriff himself, so i heard
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Babagy823: 9:37pm On Jun 14, 2018
makonko:

Good question. Someone should answer please cheesy
yes, they didnt perform well in the test bit they were having a very good CV, DPR felt they should be given prefenrential treatment.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 9:45pm On Jun 14, 2018
Babagy823:
nobody have access to the list at this stage except the sheriff himself, so i heard

The sheriff, his deputies and close allies
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by lawrence83: 9:59pm On Jun 14, 2018
Babagy823:
yes, they didnt perform well in the test bit they were having a very good CV, DPR felt they should be given prefenrential treatment.

As well as the first class guys that didn't meet the set cut-off points for their various states.

Grace might just be fighting endlessly for a certain guy/lady amongst the ones called to pick the job.

Only God knows.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Harddiskng(m): 10:02pm On Jun 14, 2018
Achilles17:

My exact experience.d passive one seemed to want me.like he was even answering my questions for me while d dominant one was very professional n unreadable.even said...pls call tbe next petson in.meaning no deliberation will b done abt me.dunno if tht is gud or bad.pls hr peeps hlp decode.

The thing tire me sef. Till now I have no idea what was going on in the dominant one’s mind grin grin. The poker face game was strong.

I strongly hope they consult with each-other for the final score but with the situation and the speed of “That is all”. There could only be two possible scenarios.

1) Anyone of them could edit the score slots while the other saw it on their laptop OR
2) Each had different platforms to input scores based on individual judgment, then there is some sort of average.

The first seems more likely.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 10:10pm On Jun 14, 2018
Harddiskng:

The thing tire me sef. Till now I have no idea what was going on in the dominant one’s mind grin grin. The poker face game was strong.

I strongly hope they consult with each-other for the final score but with the situation and the speed of “That is all”. There could only be two possible scenarios.

1) Anyone of them could edit the score slots while the other saw it on their laptop OR
2) Each had different platforms to input scores based on individual judgment, then there is some sort of average.

The first seems more likely.

I think both of them work together and agree on a certain score.

I recall as I was leaving after the interview I heard one of them saying "This one has experience and Masters in ....."

They quickly agree on certain aspect or score before attending to the next candidate.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 14, 2018
Good evening hopefuls,

I have been following this thread silently for months and I noticed that a few persons have refused to share the truth about the current status of this recruitment. I know some people that have chosen to stay quiet will not be happy about this information I am about to share.

1. Some persons made it to the interview without sitting for the aptitude test including those that performed poorly. This was just to fulfil all righteousness to ease pressure. These persons attended the interview in the second week of December, 2017. However, most of them will not get the job.

2. 300+ made it on merit. 400 successful out of 3000+ candidates. 70% score in the interview will guarantee you the job. Federal Character was applied.

3. FCC approved the list and COC was issued; typing of APLs and posting letters commenced 3weeks ago. For those saying the list is with FCC, its either you are not telling the truth or your source refused to disclose this info.

4. Email, SMS will be used to contact successful candidates and Portals will be updated to provide further details regarding pick up of APLs.

5. Some people were called and asked to provide some documents that were missing on their portals in the month of May. Remember the Friday of the third week of May when the portal wasn't accessible and displaying an error message was when such update was done.

6. We will be contacted this month.

7. No one has been issued APL. Ignore such rumour.

8. This is the most transparent recruitment process. Most people with strong connections will be disappointed. The sons and daughters of the common man will make it on merit, thanks to Mr Tata. He deserves an accolade for this.

Lastly, Prayer is Key.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by iman62588: 10:19pm On Jun 14, 2018
Never down pls can u shade light on if our portals may b updated?

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.