Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

The Car With The Most Fuel Economy - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Car With The Most Fuel Economy (6001 Views)

Li Xang: A Chinese Car With A Sleek Design And Amazing Features / Parts Of A Car That Has The Biggest Impact On Fuel Economy / Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Car With The Most Fuel Economy by ableguy(m): 11:02pm On Oct 25, 2016
Cars are more fuel-efficient than ever, so these
days it’s easy to save on gas, especially in this hard and critical times. Car manufacturers now use a variety of
technology to improve fuel economy.

I drove from Sagamu to ijebu ode then to epe, Lagos with 10 litres of fuel.
I have been entertaining this random question : Is the car one of the most fuel efficient cars?

Nb: It's a Mitsubishi space star.

Experts in the house what other car models have fuel economy?
Re: The Car With The Most Fuel Economy by tolulinks(m): 12:31am On Oct 26, 2016
Highway driving gives a lot of impressive mileage. Try driving the car in traffic from oshodi to sango otta and back and watch the 10 litres go up in flames.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Car With The Most Fuel Economy by ableguy(m): 1:41am On Oct 26, 2016
tolulinks:
Highway driving gives a lot of impressive mileage. Try driving the car in traffic from oshodi to sango otta and back and watch the 10 litres go up in flames.

Even in traffic the fuel consumption is impressive.
Re: The Car With The Most Fuel Economy by ogawisdom(m): 6:39pm On Oct 27, 2016
ableguy:

Even in traffic the fuel consumption is impressive.

Next time calculate hw much litres of fuel ur car consume per 100km to make it easy for comparison with other cars

2 Likes

Re: The Car With The Most Fuel Economy by ableguy(m): 10:41pm On Oct 27, 2016
ogawisdom:

Next time calculate hw much litres of fuel ur car consume per 100km to make it easy for comparison with other cars

Alright, but I know just few cars can beat the record. When it comes to fuel consumption it's super
Re: The Car With The Most Fuel Economy by Coolgent(m): 10:56pm On Oct 27, 2016
My Honda accord 2.4 ivtec dohc 2003 model (odometer 099826km)
Make 72km per 10litres (city driving with AC)
100km per 10litres (highway driving with AC)

Honda civic 1.5 sohc 2000 model (odometer 235890km)
90km per 10litres (city driving with AC)
120km per 10litres (highway driving with AC)

1 Like

Re: The Car With The Most Fuel Economy by ableguy(m): 11:06pm On Oct 27, 2016
Coolgent:
My Honda accord 2.4 ivtec dohc 2003 model (odometer 099826km)
Make 72km per 10litres (city driving with AC)
100km per 10litres (highway driving with AC)

Honda civic 1.5 sohc 2000 model (odometer 235890km)
90km per 10litres (city driving with AC)
That's impressive, almost like corolla.

1 Like

Re: The Car With The Most Fuel Economy by Coolgent(m): 11:11pm On Oct 27, 2016
ableguy:

That's impressive, almost like corolla.
Thanks Bro, but as for Honda accord 2.4 ivtec dohc 2003 is it normal or its consuming fuel excessively?
Pls those with a similar model should contribute.
How many Km are u getting per 10litres
Re: The Car With The Most Fuel Economy by Evasmil4(m): 2:07am On Oct 28, 2016
Most Nigerian don't consider this issue as important. They just put fuel in car and drive, when its empty they go fill another.
Any way,
My Volvo V40 1.8 GDI 2001 model (odometer 209985km)
Make 78km per 10litres (city driving without AC)
112km per 10litres (highway driving without AC)

KIA Rio LS 1.6 Deoh 2002 model (odometer 153500km)
95km per 10litres (city driving with AC)

This is average consumption, considering so many trips.

3 Likes

Re: The Car With The Most Fuel Economy by ableguy(m): 4:44pm On Oct 28, 2016
Coolgent:

Thanks Bro, but as for Honda accord 2.4 ivtec dohc 2003 is it normal or its consuming fuel excessively?
Pls those with a similar model should contribute.
How many Km are u getting per 10litres

Honestly I don't even know how to calculate it
Re: The Car With The Most Fuel Economy by kumari089(m): 5:26pm On Oct 28, 2016
My volvo s80 2006 2.5L Turbo 5 cylinder uses #4000 fuel roughly 28 litres (without AC) to and from Sagamu (Ogun State) to Victorial Island (Lagos) exclusive of hold up. Is this okay or the fuel consunption is high

2 Likes

Re: The Car With The Most Fuel Economy by ableguy(m): 6:46pm On Oct 28, 2016
kumari089:
My volvo s80 2006 2.5L Turbo 5 cylinder uses #4000 fuel roughly 28 litres (without AC) to and from Sagamu (Ogun State) to Victorial Island (Lagos) exclusive of hold up. Is this okay or the fuel consunption is high

I think it's high, though fair compare to German cars
Re: The Car With The Most Fuel Economy by Coolgent(m): 8:28pm On Oct 28, 2016
ableguy:

Honestly I don't even know how to calculate it
Lol.
Let me put it this way... Just after the illumination of refil light on your dashboard put 10ltr and reset the odometer A or B to zero, after refill light shine again then check how many km u have cover

1 Like

Re: The Car With The Most Fuel Economy by ableguy(m): 7:45am On Oct 29, 2016
Coolgent:

Lol.
Let me put it this way... Just after the illumination of refil light on your dashboard put 10ltr and reset the odometer A or B to zero, after refill light shine again then check how many km u have cover

Thanks, I'll try it soon.

2 Likes

Re: The Car With The Most Fuel Economy by Engrmathews(m): 8:14pm On Jul 21, 2017
Please i think something is wrong with my car. It consumes 48litres for a journey of 260km - city driving without ac.
It is tinylight toyota.
What should i do?
Re: The Car With The Most Fuel Economy by olaboy1: 4:04am On Jul 22, 2017
Engrmathews:
Please i think something is wrong with my car.
It consumes 48litres for a journey of 260km - city driving without ac.

It is tinylight toyota.

What should i do?
Find an expert to service your injector or carburetor whichever the case and do a complete tune up of your engine. Change spark plugs, air filter etc

1 Like

Re: The Car With The Most Fuel Economy by abolore80(m): 1:46pm On Jul 22, 2017
the mitsubishi space star the O.P talked about has a very good fuel economy. I do not doubt the 10litres taking you to those places. However, enjoy it, while the engine last. Even when the engine starts smoking or throwing up other issues, you will still enjoy its fuel economy.

1 Like

Re: The Car With The Most Fuel Economy by ableguy(m): 5:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
abolore80:
the mitsubishi space star the O.P talked about has a very good fuel economy. I do not doubt the 10litres taking you to those places. However, enjoy it, while the engine last. Even when the engine starts smoking or throwing up other issues, you will still enjoy its fuel economy.
Lol, but that's the problems with Mitsubishi engines. They don't last and can still be dripping water from the exhaust pipe even when smoking.
Re: The Car With The Most Fuel Economy by UzorSteve(m): 2:58am On Apr 13, 2019
What would you say about Honda 2007 model, I am thinking of buying it and want to know what its fuel consumption is like?

ableguy:
Cars are more fuel-efficient than ever, so these
days it’s easy to save on gas, especially in this hard and critical times. Car manufacturers now use a variety of
technology to improve fuel economy.

I drove from Sagamu to ijebu ode then to epe, Lagos with 10 litres of fuel.
I have been entertaining this random question : Is the car one of the most fuel efficient cars?

Nb: It's a Mitsubishi space star.

Experts in the house what other car models have fuel economy?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Transmissions Issues In 2005 Camry. Please Help! / SON Renews PAN Nigeria’s ISO 9001: 2015 Certification / My Car Overheat When Ac Is On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.