Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,833 members, 7,862,735 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:28 AM

Why Do Nigerians Pay For Transformers After Paying Electricity Bills? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Do Nigerians Pay For Transformers After Paying Electricity Bills? (433 Views)

2 Electricity Bills On One Small Property / Brand New Transformers For Sale / Nigerian Estate Residents Paying N150, 000 Monthly Electricity Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Pay For Transformers After Paying Electricity Bills? by Rapmoney(m): 11:27pm On Oct 25, 2016
I don't know the exact section on this forum to post this but the mods should help me take this to the appropriate section if I missed my way.

In civilized societies, it is expected that citizens/residents enjoy what they pay for as regard bills and utility but over here, we are made to pay for things we are normally not suppose to pay for. A good example is the issue of Nigerians paying through their noses to buy transformers and maintain these transformers. Is this not absurd? Consumers pay ridiculous amounts as electricity bills and they would also be asked to buy and maintain transformers! I would like to know if it is in place for Nigerians to buy, repair and maintain transformers and other facilities that go with electricity, when we as consumers pay electricity bills It is just like going to a restaurant to eat and after paying for the food, you are asked to pay for the plates that have been used to serve you.

Mind you, this has been the case even when the service of providing electricity was completely in the hands of the government and not private firms!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Pay For Transformers After Paying Electricity Bills? by AfroMighty(m): 12:13am On Oct 26, 2016
Because the government won't buy us another one and if they pay the money for a new one the bosses at NEPA use it to buy trophy and not transformer
Re: Why Do Nigerians Pay For Transformers After Paying Electricity Bills? by Rapmoney(m): 12:34am On Oct 26, 2016
AfroMighty:
Because the government won't buy us another one and if they pay the money for a new one the bosses at NEPA use it to buy trophy and not transformer
It is so disappointing. After everything, they (PHCN) would still claim ownership of transformers.

(1) (Reply)

Painting / Ppties To Let In Surulere / Strictly For People With Low Income Budget Who Want To Rent Apartments In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.