Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) (40606 Views)

Is Innoson IVM G80 A Rebadged Chinese-Made BAIC BJ80 SUV? See The Similarities / See Photos Of The New Lamborghini SUV Model ‘urus’ / Innoson Releases The Innoson 4x4 Carrier 2017 Model (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:13am On Oct 26, 2016
Nice one,am definitely getting it

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by agabaI23(m): 7:14am On Oct 26, 2016
CaptPlanet:

Mercedes copies Audi and Bmw?

No let your case be like this guy own
For your mind it is not possible?
Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by d33types: 7:14am On Oct 26, 2016
agabaI23:
Hyundai is a copy cat, Kia copies everything even MERCEDES-BENZ copies Audi and BMW...

So it is no crime I guess because thr big boys also cry.

Hyundai and Kia are from exactly the same company.
Volkswagen and Audi are from the same group as well. Benz and bmw has a common history too... ,so what's the talk about copying

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by namuguibe(m): 7:15am On Oct 26, 2016
agabaI23:
Then you are not observant. I dont really pay attention to the names of vehicles but if you watch certain models of these two brands you will see models of other manufacturers that has been thinkered with.

That is perhaps your own perception. There is a lot of engineering under the hood and the body. Just because two cars have 'similar looks' does not mean one is a copy of the other.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by onyxo76(m): 7:16am On Oct 26, 2016
Where can one get to buy these brand visit don't seem to see them on sale anywhere

1 Like

Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by Profnedu(m): 7:17am On Oct 26, 2016
Donovela:
It looks good but not amazing,the bitter truth is that Innoson is a car part assembler and not a manufacturer...They just buy parts and put them together which any skillful mechanical engineer can do easily enough if given the sufficient capital #NO HATING....We Nigerian Engineeers need to really break some ground cry

haters spotted
y do u find it difficult to appreciate good things

8 Likes

Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by ancientbanana: 7:18am On Oct 26, 2016
I have always dreamed of buying innoson saloon car/sun. But it's not as cheap as I thot it wld b when I contacted the company.
Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by d33types: 7:19am On Oct 26, 2016
namuguibe:
Wrong ... you have original car manufacturers like Toyota, Ford, BMW, Kia etc.
Then you have the car assembly operations from CKD kits like Innosun, Kantanka etc

Even their CKD manufacturers also outsource for Toyota and the likes so what's the fuss?

These partnerships allow it to produce and sell a variety of foreign-branded products in China including those of Citroën, Honda, Kia, Nissan, Peugeot, and Renault. Other brand names associated with Dongfeng include Fengshen, Infiniti, Luxgen, and Venucia. Heavy-duty commercial vehicles and buses are sold under the eponymous Dongfeng brand
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dongfeng_Motor

1 Like

Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by Eibams60(m): 7:19am On Oct 26, 2016
I no fit judge book by d cover. oyinbo never sample car without d interior
Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 26, 2016
somez:
Good product from a humble man. You may mistake him for a driver when you see him.
what a simple life
Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by agabaI23(m): 7:22am On Oct 26, 2016
namuguibe:
That is perhaps your own perception. There is a lot of engineering under the hood and the body. Just because two cars have 'similar looks' does not mean one is a copy of the other.
What are you basing your comparison of Innoson and other cars? Is it not looks or you privy to their Engineering?

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by austineaddy: 7:22am On Oct 26, 2016
akraym2:
More like a forerunner

I reckon
Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by namuguibe(m): 7:23am On Oct 26, 2016
d33types:

Even their CKD manufacturers also outsource for Toyota and the likes so what's the fuss?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dongfeng_Motor
Exactly, so you are just reiterating my point. Innosun is not an original manufacturer they are a CKD assembly operation like Dong Feng does for the original manufacturers that you highlighted.
Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by bdek(m): 7:24am On Oct 26, 2016
Babangida70:
Igbos are really industrious walahi......

Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by sunnyside16(m): 7:26am On Oct 26, 2016
Awesome........extremely awesome.
Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by namuguibe(m): 7:26am On Oct 26, 2016
agabaI23:
What are you basing your comparison of Innoson and other cars? Is it not looks or you privy to their Engineering?
Innosun vehicles are CKD assemblies of the Dong Feng vehicles. This is an example of the bus that they assemble in Nigeria and the indentical Dong Feng bus in china:
https://www.nairaland.com/936839/pictures-innoson-vehicle-manufacturing-company/9#10825669
It has been discussed on NL numerous times.
Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by agabaI23(m): 7:27am On Oct 26, 2016
d33types:

Hyundai and Kia are from exactly the same company.
Volkswagen and Audi are from the same group as well. Benz and bmw has a common history too... ,so what's the talk about copying
May be you should read my post again so that you will know i didn't say Hyundai is compying Kia or vice versa.

Common history does not mean the same company.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by ancientbanana: 7:28am On Oct 26, 2016
Donovela:
It looks good but not amazing,the bitter truth is that Innoson is a car part assembler and not a manufacturer...They just buy parts and put them together which any skillful mechanical engineer can do easily enough if given the sufficient capital #NO HATING....We Nigerian Engineeers need to really break some ground cry
I believe u are yoruba. Even its assembling it's cool,we love it. Besides go n learn how cars are made u will find out not all parts of d car was made by one company. Various companies not necessarily car companies make different pats, Eg the seats,. My hyaundi was bought brand new but some component of the engine is kia. Roseroyce are usually made by different car companies. So stop hating. Dat how u guys hate chinko phone Eg tecno but it's now sell more than Samsung in Nigeria. Do let ur hate for igbos block ur sense of reasoning

4 Likes

Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by francisbarrack(m): 7:28am On Oct 26, 2016
Good news , keep coming.
This shocked. Iroyin ayo
Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by Kaydeexotic(m): 7:29am On Oct 26, 2016
dumo1:
This new design is just bespoke and I can't wait for the specs to come out. on another note though is it my eyes or does this vehicle not have some similarities design wise wit the Renault duster?
You'll not die young my brother.. ..just what I had on my mind

1 Like

Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by Gassa007: 7:30am On Oct 26, 2016
namuguibe:
That means the Chinese CKD supplier (Dong Feng) has made a 'new' model.
can you go and d.. now In Oshomole's voice
Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by d33types: 7:30am On Oct 26, 2016
namuguibe:
Exactly, so you are just reiterating my point. Innosun is not an original manufacturer they are a CKD assembly operation like Dong Feng does for the original manufacturers that you highlighted.
Yes .we all know this..
Dong Feng also manufactures for Toyota and the likes as well

1 Like

Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by uzolexis(f): 7:31am On Oct 26, 2016
bdek:

except that mentality of over smart is always in them, have you ever seen any of this ibo man car with reviews,or let me explain this way ,have you ever see specification of their engine display or listed ,they used 1990 engines , nissan or other brand they refers to end of life or they really dont use again except on demand like innoson they made then again , inferior chinko part even body,headlamp ,rearlight all chinko also try and buy one, use it then come back here to comment....

For me i rather buy old model beetle repair it and keep it on the road. sorry for my bad english

You can't even communicate properly in English and you are putting down the effort of someone doing so well, SMH. Anyway, nobody takes clowns like you serious tongue

4 Likes

Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by LastProphet: 7:31am On Oct 26, 2016
d33types:

CKD's are produced by virtually all auto manufacturers.Is the problem because they're CKD or because it's Chinese?

Get a superior education and get a less hateful life

none of the fenders on that car is made in Nigeria, none of the engine cast, none of ECU, not even the headlight, not a single part of the gearbox, they are all made in China but innoson assembles them for which i also give him credit but pls stop the lies. since u claim to have attended school this shouldn't be difficult to understand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by agabaI23(m): 7:31am On Oct 26, 2016
namuguibe:
Innosun vehicles are CKD assemblies of the Dong Feng vehicles. This is an example of the bus that they assemble in Nigeria and the indentical Dong Feng bus in china:
https://www.nairaland.com/936839/pictures-innoson-vehicle-manufacturing-company/9#10825669
It has been discussed on NL numerous times.
How does that change the fact that other companies copy other companies? We are talking about exterior design not Engineering.

You compared their design to others vehicles true or false. Don't bring in the assembly/manufacturer thing. I am not her for that
Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by namuguibe(m): 7:33am On Oct 26, 2016
d33types:

Yes .we all know this..
Dong Feng also manufactures for Toyota and the likes as well
That is correct, Dongfeng assembles for the high grade OEM auto manufacturers like Toyota, Honda etc for China's domestic market. Then, Dongfeng also designs and makes their own vehicles which Innoson then assembles here in Nigeria under a partnership agreement. Kantanka in Ghana does something similar.
Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by d33types: 7:34am On Oct 26, 2016
LastProphet:

none of the fenders on that car is made in Nigeria, none of the engine cast, none of ECU, not even the headlight, not a single part of the gearbox, they are all made in China but innoson assembles them for which i also give him credit but pls stop the lies. since u claim to have attended school this shouldn't be difficult to understand

I don't know if you understand, but let me clarify.I know they do CKD assembly, but my point is, its not a bad thing one bit.

You lie tho.. They produce the rubber parts for the body's kits.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by namuguibe(m): 7:35am On Oct 26, 2016
Gassa007:

can you go and d.. now In Oshomole's voice
when men are talking, carry your small boy talk out to the playground.
Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:37am On Oct 26, 2016
LecciGucci:
OMG. This is amaizing.. Is this happening in this country?
Even me
Am wondering too

1 Like

Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by namuguibe(m): 7:38am On Oct 26, 2016
agabaI23:
How does that change the fact that other companies copy other companies? We are talking about exterior design not Engineering.

You compared their design to others vehicles true or false. Don't bring in the assembly/manufacturer thing. I am not her for that
you cannot copy another vehicle's design without authorization. That will be a copyright infringement.
Focusing on just exterior design is for the layman. A car's worth is in its engineering and what's under the hood too. You appear to know very little about automobile engineering.
Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by mrhansome12(m): 7:39am On Oct 26, 2016
bdek:

except that mentality of over smart is always in them, have you ever seen any of this ibo man car with reviews,or let me explain this way ,have you ever see specification of their engine display or listed ,they used 1990 engines , nissan or other brand they refers to end of life or they really dont use again except on demand like innoson they made then again , inferior chinko part even body,headlamp ,rearlight all chinko also try and buy one, use it then come back here to comment....

For me i rather buy old model beetle repair it and keep it on the road. sorry for my bad english

1 Like

Re: Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos) by Osite83(m): 7:40am On Oct 26, 2016
Keep it up innoson, in few years coming, ur brand will not only dominate nigeria, but d whole of Africa, jisie like nwannaa

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Has Any One Actually Seen This? / Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) / The 2020 Range Rover Velar Svautobiography Is The James Bond Of Suvs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.