Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,724 members, 7,820,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy (21380 Views)

Phone Auto Correct / Good News For All Tecno Smartphone Users / Which GSM Provider Offer The Best Internet Service For Smartphone Users. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by loobby(m): 11:31am On Oct 26, 2016
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by spartoo: 11:31am On Oct 26, 2016
Cutesexy1:
Swiftkey is cool
SwiftKey is soo cool

1 Like

Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by sekem: 11:34am On Oct 26, 2016
DAT
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by faval(m): 11:37am On Oct 26, 2016
this transpired between me and my aunt one day

Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 26, 2016
some people just dnt know ow to turn off d autocorrect
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 26, 2016
Ignorance is a disease.
Google keyboard actually learn your everyday words and suggest them to you if you have a good network connection

Keyboards uses internet connections too to suggest words to you, some peeps typing offline shouldn't come here and type trash

And what stops you from adding your own words to your keyboard dictionary (you can find that in your keyboard settings). And what also stops you from toggling your keyboard auto-correct from aggressive to normal, easy or you switch it off? undecided
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by Fresia01(f): 12:08pm On Oct 26, 2016
Wanted to type "nA God" the stupid thing just put "no God" for me.. I wan cease.. .and na for whatsapp ooo d msg son enter immediately.. Had to retype and claim that d previous one was an error
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by Gameguy900: 12:09pm On Oct 26, 2016
ucsparks:
Ignorance is a disease.
Google keyboard actually learn your everyday words and suggest them to you if you have a good network connection

Keyboards uses internet connections too to suggest words to you, some peeps typing offline shouldn't come here and type trash

And what stops you from adding your own words to your keyboard dictionary (you can find that in your keyboard settings). And what also stops you from toggling your keyboard auto-correct from aggressive to normal, easy or you switch it off? undecided

Interesting explain more about this google keyboard and how to turn it on grin
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by 989900D: 12:10pm On Oct 26, 2016
Cameltoe. cheesy
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by Arclan07: 12:21pm On Oct 26, 2016
This is the problems of we black nations the oyinbo man has invented the smart phone we hurriedly buy them to impress and show off then complaining about auto correct something we see as a minus in this invention ,don't we have scientist ,or engineers who can work on this lapses inculcate our local names in this devices such that mr Nonso would not be spelt as mr Monsoon ?
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by Maxcollins042(m): 12:29pm On Oct 26, 2016
What da Bleep happened to proof reading what you just typed before sending it the recipient?
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by Horlufemi(m): 12:44pm On Oct 26, 2016
I'm sorry I have been using your wife for the past 6months. Honestly I enjoyed it but my conscience has been bothering me. So I have to apologize to you.

Next morning the man had killed his wife, while the guy sent another message. Sorry I meant WiFi

3 Likes

Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by soberdrunk(m): 12:44pm On Oct 26, 2016
Even people way nor sabi English go dey blame autocorrect!
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by pragmatistm(m): 12:57pm On Oct 26, 2016
I use Google Keyboard and it's autocorrect actually studies the words I use and accept them after a couple of use including all the Nigerian slangs.
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by AlanSugar(m): 1:27pm On Oct 26, 2016
@ op, are you in 2003? What, AI type keypad? You gotta be kidding me. Ever heard of SwiftKey keyboard? You need to try that. FYI, no virtual keypad will rewrite the word, "madam". That's English, and will stay that way. Also, in your write up, you mentioned "yesternight", not a real word sir, rather it's last night! A few other flaws but I guess you were carried off with excitement, no issues but if you must blame the virtual keyboard intelligence, first purge yourself of common mistakes, no offense! Thank me later re SwiftKey keyboard! You won't need another. Used to like TouchPal but they moved from being a keyboard app to an advert app with loads of useless junks in the name of themes, selling its intelligence in the process TouchPal now is as silly as they come!
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by AlanSugar(m): 1:30pm On Oct 26, 2016
Maxcollins042:
What da Bleep happened to proof reading what you just typed before sending it the recipient?

Hohoho, this rule don't apply in nairaland. Remember everyone is on a race to ftc?! grin grin grin
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by HyDef(m): 1:43pm On Oct 26, 2016
ElsonMorali:
Autocorrect can go to he'll. angry

Most people won't appreciate the genius in this.

1 Like

Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by jennifer22(f): 2:11pm On Oct 26, 2016
Hahhahahahahhahah, Ogbonge autocorrect
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 26, 2016
Arclan07:
This is the problems of we black nations the oyinbo man has invented the smart phone we hurriedly buy them to impress and show off then complaining about auto correct something we see as a minus in this invention ,don't we have scientist ,or engineers who can work on this lapses inculcate our local names in this devices such that mr Nonso would not be spelt as mr Monsoon ?
for your tiny mind you have made sense grin
clap for your village people . tongue
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by superfelix: 3:35pm On Oct 26, 2016
mtcheew! Pple be hiding behind auto correct. simply disable the auto correct feature and enable the word suggestion feature; this wil suggest d word even b4 u finish typing the word. and you can even save your word on d keyboard dico and keyboard wil even suggest your saved words. its very easy na. i dnt understand this auto correct tin
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by ElsonMorali: 3:40pm On Oct 26, 2016
HyDef:

Most people won't appreciate the genius in this.

Lol. I'm glad you did. wink
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by alphasson(m): 4:11pm On Oct 26, 2016
Seriously i can relate. the annoying part is that you wouldn't notice that the auto correct has changed the word you typed into another nonesense word which will make you look stupid to the reader. grin grin
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by scobaba: 4:24pm On Oct 26, 2016
I remember when The song 'your fada nyash' came out, so I was always using the word in my chats.

On this day I wanted to ask my boss about the health of her father cos he was very ill which made her take some days off work. I wanted to write 'how is your father?', men I wrote , 'how is your fada nyash'.
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by amsoslim(m): 4:53pm On Oct 26, 2016
the autocorrect cost me my crush. once had a crush and had start a conversation with her i typed "Alo" but it was autocorrected to "Alot" believe me the lady rained curses and swear words at me that day and i felt the ground opens so i fall in.
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by brendachizzy(f): 6:01pm On Oct 26, 2016
scobaba:
I remember when The song 'your fada nyash' came out, so I was always using the word in my chats.

On this day I wanted to ask my boss about the health of her father cos he was very ill which made her take some days off work. I wanted to write 'how is your father?', men I wrote , 'how is your fada nyash'.

Lmao
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by Boyooosa(m): 7:02pm On Oct 26, 2016
May His Gentle Soul Rest in Piece. lol!
I did once.... grin
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by OutOnBail(m): 7:14pm On Oct 26, 2016
Use Google Keyboard. Still the best
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 11:17pm On Oct 26, 2016
Oh this one gets me, autocorrect?! It changes 'ma' to mate! Imagine chatting with your boss's boss and that happens. Also, keeping in mind I don't want to go against nairn land's autocorrect, i cant use swear words. But my point is, I' is too close to 'O' when u want to tell a girl 'hi'.
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by oglalasioux(m): 11:34pm On Oct 26, 2016
Windows Phone users can't complain of this.
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by Slym5: 3:00am On Oct 27, 2016
That awkward moment when you actually mean to say:

'Thank you my dear. Miss you so' and then you go through what you've posted and it says:

'Thank you my desire. Miss you so'.

Smart phones and oversabi...
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by Trueyarn(m): 7:41am On Oct 27, 2016
Dunno about you guys, but my swiftkey only predicts words i use frequently, i dunno the version i am using but think it has a mind of it's own as it predicts pidgin and vernacular words i have used over time.
Re: Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy by Trueyarn(m): 8:08am On Oct 27, 2016
LMAO grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Bank Mobile USSD Have You Used B4 That Works Fine / iPhone 6 Leaked Photo? / Top 10 Keyboard Apps To Install In Your Android Smartphone 2018.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.